Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:05:46 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 6307
  • Latest: golfer
Stats
  • Total Posts: 55125
  • Total Topics: 4851
  • Online Today: 91
  • Online Ever: 1314
  • (June 22, 2016, 05:23:42 am)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 76
Total: 76

Welcome

Welcome to the Hep Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people who have Fatty Liver Disease, Hepatitis B, C or a co-infection, their friends and family and others with questions about hepatitis and liver health. Check in frequently to read what others have to say, post your comments, and hopefully learn more about how you can reach your own health goals.

Privacy Warning: Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.
  • The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.
  • All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.
  • Product advertisement (including links); banners; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from the Hep Forum Moderators.
Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: 1st week of Viekira Pak + Riba done and dusted!  (Read 76284 times)

Offline byebyeC

1st week of Viekira Pak + Riba done and dusted!
« on: September 13, 2015, 05:57:48 pm »
Scared, anxious, excited, hopeful, suddenly obsessed with all things Hep C treatment related... 1/12th down 11 more to go. Cheers to all walking into this undiscovered country!
GT 1a
VL BOT 7 M
Diagnosed 1980
Treatment naive
12 wk Viekira Pak Riba Started 9/7/15
Alaska 
Pre-treatment labs were ast 42 alt 33 vl 7,162,(eyes are light yellow now)
*Latest alt 19 ast 23! Yay! VL <15 detected

Offline byebyeC

Re: 1st week of Viekira Pak + Riba done and dusted!
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2015, 07:00:29 pm »
Anyone else just getting started?...
GT 1a
VL BOT 7 M
Diagnosed 1980
Treatment naive
Alaska 

Offline Philadelphia

• Global Moderator
  • It only looks like I know what I'm doing
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2015, 10:33:09 pm »
We have people at all stages of the journey here!

Sapphire is done and dusted! 12 weeks of treatment down and she has achieved SVR12 - the holy grail. So have a few others - look in the post treatment section.

drummerman is on the journey and from memory almost finished. Cal is somewhere around 1/3 way through 12 weeks. Msnomore C has finished 12 weeks and I have finished 24. We completed them on the same day! A weeks ago!

I know I've left others out, sorry, but I'm at work typing this in my lunchtime.

I have a thread about my treatment in this forum - it's towards the bottom. Many people have threads where they talk about their treatment. I've started a thread in the post treatment section.

I also blog regularly, and blogged my entire treament, from go to whoa and in fact am still going. Now I'm talking about the post-treatment landscape.

This is a very long winded way of saying welcome! :)
CURED SVR24  Class of 2015
Wk 12 post EOT 30.11.15: ALT 14 AST 22 GGT 22 VL UND
Week 19 07.08.15: ALT 17 AST 23 GGT 25
Week 12 18.06.15: ALT 21 AST 23 GGT 28
Week 8 25.05.15: ALT 23 AST 27 GGT 30 VL UND
Week 4 20.04.14: ALT 30 AST 36 VL 40
Treatment start 23.03.15: ALT 137 AST 185 VL 342,600
Cirrhosis Child-Pugh A, Genotype 1a - Viekira Pak + riba 24 weeks
Total failure interferon/ribavirin/boceprovir Mar 2013
https://www.hepmag.com/blogger/grace-campbell

Offline drummerman

• For those regarded as warriors....
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2015, 11:11:14 pm »
Welcome byebyeC,

You will do fine.

Sides are not bad and I continued to work.

I have 3 weeks to go.

Drink lots of water.

And be sure to take your meds with food.   Take your night riba early enough that it does not keep you awake.

I take my night riba at 8PM but some take it as early as 6.
I then take my final pm vike pill at 10 ,and go to to bed.

I tried and tried to find out if there was some kind of synergy effect between the riba and the vike , and perhaps they need to be taken exactly at the same time, but apparently they work independent of each other.  I also asked the pharmacist at abbvie and she didnt see a problem.    Anyway, this is only relevant if the riba is keeping you awake at night.  If so call, your pharmacist , doc, abbvie tech and get opinions.... don't be surprised if they all tell you something different...lol.

good luck!

dm

Diagnosed07
Interferon/riba 2008 - non-responder
5/16/15 - AST -34
ALT - 35_ HCV RNA - 10,783,000
 7/6/15 - started viekira/riba
8/11/15  Week 5 <15 vl,  AST 18, ALT 18
9/11/15 Week 9  "HCV NOT DETECTED"!
AST 16, ALT 11.  10/16/16 - 2 weeks post EOT = "HCV NOT DETECTED!   AST - 18,  ALT 14
12/29/15 -12 wk EOT-HCV NOT DETECTED! AST 23, ALT 15
3/26/16 - 24 wk post EOT - HCV NOT DETECTED!! AST 19, ALT 21
1 yr eot - AST 20, ALT 17

Offline byebyeC

« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2015, 11:32:12 pm »
Thank you Philadelphia for the info. I'll def be checking out your blog! I'm literally reading everything here, teehee :D

And, thank you Drummerman :) It's just so so good to feel like I'm not alone. I'm happy to not be having any sleep issues, yay! I am getting some pretty monstrous headaches. Don't have a history of them in the past. I'm talking y'alls advice and drinking a lot of water (well, to be honest, tea with lemon) a pitcher a day plus a couple of 8 oz glasses of milk and a couple of diet sodas (I know, I know...)...Hoping they'll just wane themselves away bit by bit like I've been reading from others. It gives me hope and girds up my perseverence muscles :D

May we all get that glorious SVR!
« Last Edit: September 13, 2015, 11:37:56 pm by byebyeC »
GT 1a
VL BOT 7 M
Diagnosed 1980
Treatment naive
Alaska 

Offline loveispatient

« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2015, 03:21:58 pm »
I am right behind you, this is my 4th day on Sol + Riba.  We should finish about the same time.  :D
Dx in late July/Aug. 2015; GT2, about to begin treatment of Solvodi and Ribavarin;
Viral load 612,000
Tx niave
Hypothyroid, menopausal, anxiety, depression, EBV (Eipstein Barr Virus), chronic infections, ulcers, fluid in abdomen, underweight, chronic headaches and sinus problems, no fibroscan (?) or biopsy, normal or slightly elevated alt and ast, which alternates.

Offline Cal

• Cal on Viekira Pak
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2015, 04:18:31 pm »
Welcome Byebyec,
Take the others advice on drinking lots of water. It will stop the headaches. Have a bottle with you always.

There's some side effects but everyone is different. I'm day 26 nearly 4 weeks which is 1/3 way through my 12 weeks.

If you can put your info in your profile signature that appears at the bottom of each post it's helpful for everyone, and you to keep track of where you were and are with treatment.

You'll be ok. Easier than old tx of interferon!  Have you txed before?

Good luck. Keep posting.
Cal :)
HCV 30 years. Geno 1A.
Veikira Pak with ribas on Compassionate Access.
Brisbane. Australia. began 21.8.15.
17 weeks.  Previous non responder 2011.
V/L 9 million
2 week V/L 54
12 weeks V/L UND
No 17 week  EOT V/L
EOT Post 4 weeks UND.

Offline byebyeC

« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2015, 07:42:36 pm »
Cool Loveispatient! I look forward to us going through this, via internet, together ;)
« Last Edit: September 15, 2015, 04:53:48 pm by byebyeC »
GT 1a
VL BOT 7 M
Diagnosed 1980
Treatment naive
Alaska 

Offline byebyeC

« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2015, 08:00:43 pm »
Cal, I'll be watching for your updates. It's really good to see your and others experiences. I am definitely getting the idea that everyone is having different reactions to these meds.

Maybe that's informed by their state of health starting down this road, by their particular sensitivity, genetics, diet, just how plain tough and disciplined a person may or may not be and the biggie, whether they've had to face a much harsher, more difficult by logs, tx. I've got plusses and minuses like most from this list...

I am, however, to my core, very grateful to those that have created these meds. I considered the interferon riba combo about 8 years back. But had good enough numbers to wait back then. Not so much anymore. I do know I owe a debt of gratitude to all who walked through those treatments as they've led to the new ones.

It's a weird thing, the stigma... I haven't thought about it for a long time. I'm an open book to all in my daily life. Now, I'm finding myself being really really cautious... I have been having on and off very unpleasant interactions with my GE's nurse. Don't want to put everything off on "the C". Especially since she's professional and then inexplicably rude and short. Hoping she's just going through her own stuff...

Ah well, shoving that into the "that's weird" corner.  Enough on the plate.

On the plus side of sides :D I've had hepC induced peripheral neuropathy that's had me sleeping with ice strapped to my feet for the past couple of years. These drugs have kicked that to the curb!!! In just one week of tx! Woo hoo!!!

Great numbers Cal! Congratulations!
« Last Edit: September 14, 2015, 09:31:37 pm by byebyeC »
GT 1a
VL BOT 7 M
Diagnosed 1980
Treatment naive
Alaska 

Offline drummerman

« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2015, 08:04:31 pm »
Thank you Philadelphia for the info. I'll def be checking out your blog! I'm literally reading everything here, teehee :D

And, thank you Drummerman :) It's just so so good to feel like I'm not alone. I'm happy to not be having any sleep issues, yay! I am getting some pretty monstrous headaches. Don't have a history of them in the past. I'm talking y'alls advice and drinking a lot of water (well, to be honest, tea with lemon) a pitcher a day plus a couple of 8 oz glasses of milk and a couple of diet sodas (I know, I know...)...Hoping they'll just wane themselves away bit by bit like I've been reading from others. It gives me hope and girds up my perseverence muscles :D

May we all get that glorious SVR!

I had headaches for week 1 and 2, then they went away... fortunately they were mild.  But always present.... then one day..gone!
Diagnosed07
5/16/15 - AST -34
AST 16, ALT 11.  10/16/16 - 2 weeks post EOT = "HCV NOT DETECTED!   AST - 18,  ALT 14

Offline byebyeC

« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2015, 08:08:11 pm »
Very encouraging Drummerman! Thank you :D
GT 1a
VL BOT 7 M
Diagnosed 1980
Treatment naive
Alaska 

Offline drummerman

« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2015, 08:15:34 pm »
Very encouraging Drummerman! Thank you :D
Your welcome!

dm
Diagnosed07
5/16/15 - AST -34

Offline Cal

• Cal on Viekira Pak
« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2015, 06:00:27 am »
Hi Byebyec,

You're in Alaska! OMG! I'm in Australia. Alaska seems so remote and cold and far away to me! Sorry to all the Americans if I sound like a twat.

I don't think you can predict how tx effects different people in differing ways. Lots have txed before here, lots are in differing stages of the virus, maybe previous fitness, genetic predisposition and make up, who knows what is a predictor?

Some get some side effects, some get none.

I was interested to read about the peripheral neuropathy. I have small vein neuropathy but I take A.L.A. and Lyrica (I think its called pegbalin or something like that) I have numbness which started in my feet but is now all over, shifting it's focus. I hadn't noticed if it was better or worse because of the medication I'm on. Would love to come of Lyrica horrible drug. It's HCV related according to American and U.K. publications, like so many of  my comorbidities. Australians Doctors are not that up to date on the comorbidities. I attempt to educate them about the new research (hohum) and I am looking forward to some of the comobidities disappearing or at least stopping from progressing. SO great to hear about your neuropathy!
Do drink water with the headaches, the ribas dry you out and I became dehydrated in the first week, so water is vital!!!!!! It will help the headache and as Drummerman said before, they will dissipate as well.

Here's to a sides free tx! Cal 8)
HCV 30 years. Geno 1A.
V/L 9 million
2 week V/L 54
12 weeks V/L UND
No 17 week  EOT V/L
EOT Post 4 weeks UND.

Offline byebyeC

« Reply #13 on: September 15, 2015, 05:29:56 pm »
Hi Cal,

Yep, in Alaska. Love it in the Summer. Y'all in Oz might not think of it this way, but we Alaskans know you Aussies are our literal polar opposites. So, every time our amazing and beautiful Summer ends, we know your amazing and beautiful Spring is beginning. I always think of Oz (with great jealousy) :) at this time of year. Alas, we've had a most glorious Summer! Enjoy the shifting of the Earths axis placing the Sun on your side of the globe :D

Each country seems to have it's healthcare ups and downs for sure. I am very lucky to have private insurance through my husbands work. I've been reading terrible stories here from U.S. patients with the VA or medicaid being denied and put through enormous hoops to get tx. Just awful. And for you Aussies, praying these meds get on your country's approved list asap.

About the neuropathy, it's a very odd combo of pain and numbness. I didn't even notice it in my hands, arms and legs because I still have some sensation in all. It wasn't until my gp tested me for numbness because of a disk eruption in my spine that I realized I was going numb. Then I blamed it on the spine. Then my calves started to ache and finally the burning feet (been checked for diabetes, negative). Now, when I have blood drawn I literally feel nothing. Good coming with the bad there. In the back of my mind though, was the research I'd done on the dreaded C. And, it mentioned this as a symptom. It was the Viekira and Riba that proved it was C related. I'm still mostly numb in those places. And, my feet still tingle and mildly sting at times. Nothing even close to the screaming burn before the tx. I too am on Lyrica and agree with your assessment of it. It's put 30 lbs on me :( Just not having to fill the ice bag every night is another reminder these little pains in the keester are going DOWN! Perhaps you'll get this great side coming up. Cheers to hope!

Thank you for the advice, it makes sense to need more water than normal through tx. I'm on it now!

Finally, yep, longwinded lady...

I've had AMAZING news!!! I didn't know I needed to call the doc to start my meds. So, I started them on the 7th. When I told them, they said I needed to go get beginning of tx labs. So, three days in, I did. Just got the results. From 7 million to 1200 in 3 DAYS!!! Woooooo hooooooo!!! So excited! Totally helps deal with the sides! :D :D :D
GT 1a
VL BOT 7 M
Diagnosed 1980
Treatment naive
Alaska 

Offline byebyeC

« Reply #14 on: September 15, 2015, 05:44:30 pm »
"and I was dancing with myse -elf, oh oh uh oh!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FG1NrQYXjLU
« Last Edit: September 15, 2015, 06:49:26 pm by byebyeC »
GT 1a
VL BOT 7 M
Diagnosed 1980
Treatment naive
Alaska 

Offline Cal

• Cal on Viekira Pak
« Reply #15 on: September 15, 2015, 09:00:57 pm »
Good one Byebyec!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9G4jnaznUoQ

Dancing in the street!

That was a very quick fall. I fell from 9 mil to 54 in 2 weeks. The drugs are the bomb! Cal 8)
HCV 30 years. Geno 1A.
V/L 9 million
2 week V/L 54
12 weeks V/L UND
No 17 week  EOT V/L
EOT Post 4 weeks UND.

Offline Cal

• Cal on Viekira Pak
« Reply #16 on: September 15, 2015, 09:41:20 pm »
Hi Byebyec,
Yes we are polar opposites of course! Yes we are just coming out of a cold winter, which most would consider mild, but I really feel the cold. I don't know if that is a HCV thing? We are going into Spring and its warming up nicely 30 degrees today. Which is pretty hot even for spring.

Yes I can't understand your health system but it sounds very frustrating. Leaving people to get sicker or die is just abhorrent in this day and age in a first world country. I am so glad that generics have become available to the third world. We need to wipe this virus out of the park! My neurologist wanted me to tx as well because of the neuropathy. I have had a couple of day last week when the nerves were hurting the outside of my skin to touch. But I put that down to the ribas messing with the nervous system. (right or wrong?) SO good you could rove it is related. I shall report this back to my hcv friends in Oz as well as the Hep Council here. I'll also try to remember to tell my Gastro.

Sorry to hear you're on Lyrica too. It works but its sooo addictive and will be hard to come off, but doable. Revolting drug. The Persistant Pain Clinic I attend is going to help me come off them post tx. I hope I am as lucky as you and it goes away. I fear mine might be damaged nerves by now though.

Super glad you're drinking more water. Try to drink decaffeinated coffee or tea, as it is not a diuretic and you won't dehydrate.

Wow you are lucky to be able to have a viral load test 3 days in. I've never heard of that before. We are only allowed 4 per year. I think my next is at 8 weeks? Not sure will ask that tomorrow at appointment.

Stay happy :) Cal

HCV 30 years. Geno 1A.
V/L 9 million
2 week V/L 54
12 weeks V/L UND
No 17 week  EOT V/L
EOT Post 4 weeks UND.

Offline byebyeC

« Reply #17 on: September 15, 2015, 10:16:51 pm »
Hey Cal,

No doubt, even with the attempts to "fix" things here in the U.S. of A, it's still a weepy hot mess... Shouldn't be.

I'm very VERY happy about the no ice on the feet! Still a lot of numbness. I do prefer numb though lol.

I'm getting rid of the Lyrica immediately post tx too. Very yucky stuff...

So caffeine is a diuretic huh?... Did not know that!

The 3 day viral load was my and my nurses' miscommunication. She didn't tell or send me the schedule for blood work. So, I just started taking my meds. I called her to report sxs and she informed me I needed beginning of tx blood work done. She had me go in after 3 days of tx for BOT numbers. So, I got lucky! It's really giving me a boost of happy through the tough stuff :D :D :D

I'm just about to get my Alaska shiver and liver quivers on! :D

Enjoy some Oz Spring for me! And blessings on your next vl <3
« Last Edit: September 15, 2015, 10:51:38 pm by byebyeC »
GT 1a
VL BOT 7 M
Diagnosed 1980
Treatment naive
Alaska 

Offline drummerman

« Reply #18 on: September 15, 2015, 10:20:25 pm »

BBC - cut out the diet drinks, esp. if they have caffeine....they are not going to help your headaches .... at all.

Diagnosed07
5/16/15 - AST -34

Offline byebyeC

« Reply #19 on: September 15, 2015, 10:23:44 pm »
Lol Drummerman! I just knew I was gonna get it for the diet drinks! Yikers! I've only had one today... (blushes shamefacedly)... I shall try  8)

Thank you for caring enough to say something.
bye :)
« Last Edit: September 15, 2015, 10:25:37 pm by byebyeC »
GT 1a
VL BOT 7 M
Diagnosed 1980
Treatment naive
Alaska 

Offline drummerman

« Reply #20 on: September 15, 2015, 10:33:07 pm »
Lol Drummerman! I just knew I was gonna get it for the diet drinks! Yikers! I've only had one today... (blushes shamefacedly)... I shall try  8)

Thank you for caring enough to say something.
bye :)

I was so addicted to diet coke....I absolutely love it.... but gave it up for tx, and caffeine in general, cause the 1st 4 weeks I felt like I was going to jump out of my skin, heart pounding.... caffeine made it worse.

dm
Diagnosed07
5/16/15 - AST -34

Offline Cal

• Cal on Viekira Pak
« Reply #21 on: September 16, 2015, 02:13:39 am »
Hey Byebyec,
Diet drinks? Consider your bum smacked :P Hehe. I get the same as Drummerman, I am shaky and edgy as hell, so I gave up tea. I'm originally English and tea is my one and only addiction. Hohum it's for a higher cause.  Cal  8)
HCV 30 years. Geno 1A.
V/L 9 million
2 week V/L 54
12 weeks V/L UND
No 17 week  EOT V/L
EOT Post 4 weeks UND.

Offline byebyeC

« Reply #22 on: September 16, 2015, 08:17:00 pm »
Lol Cal! True story DM and Cal on those sodas... I did, however, read a paper on coffee and caffeine having a protective effect in folks like us with liver disease. (me rationalizing? ;) )

http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/827617

Course that's for the pre-treatment period. Not whilst on... waa waa waaamp (for me)! :D

I love me a good cuppa too though. Guess it's all green tea till EOT 8)
« Last Edit: September 16, 2015, 08:19:57 pm by byebyeC »
GT 1a
VL BOT 7 M
Diagnosed 1980
Treatment naive
Alaska 

Offline Philadelphia

• Global Moderator
« Reply #23 on: September 16, 2015, 10:08:35 pm »
Even though it's tough try drinking water. Just water. Or water with a smudge of lemon. I swear it'll help your headaches. Your liver is processing all sorts of extra drugs, water will help deal with the workload.

Offline Cal

• Cal on Viekira Pak
« Reply #24 on: September 17, 2015, 12:46:22 am »
ByebyeC,
You really are a card! ;D You can have decaf coffee. But make sure you just have that bottle of water with you at all times. (I feel like a bossy parent scolding you!)  ::) How are the headaches? Cal
HCV 30 years. Geno 1A.
V/L 9 million
2 week V/L 54
12 weeks V/L UND
No 17 week  EOT V/L
EOT Post 4 weeks UND.

Offline byebyeC

« Reply #25 on: September 17, 2015, 03:58:16 am »
Hi Philly!
I'll try the lemon thing. That sounds a bit more palatable to my "Mehr-can" tastes teehee :D I did great yesterday, two pitchers of just plain green tea. Not so great on that front today... Doc visit, errands, RX pickups, giant FAIL for moi. Yesterday, as per your advice, was a barely headache day. I think we all know how today went... I'm going to have to develop some new habits!

Hey Hey Hey Cal,
Must take a card to know a card Cal?... And, I KNOW RIGHT??? A bum smacking and a firm scolding all in one day! Guess I should be glad we're on opposite sides of the globe , haha!

GT 1a
VL BOT 7 M
Diagnosed 1980
Treatment naive
Alaska 

Offline byebyeC

« Reply #26 on: September 19, 2015, 07:32:07 pm »
I am right behind you, this is my 4th day on Sol + Riba.  We should finish about the same time.  :D

How're you doing Loveispatient? All's well on the homefront?...
GT 1a
VL BOT 7 M
Diagnosed 1980
Treatment naive
Alaska 

Offline Cal

• Cal on Viekira Pak
« Reply #27 on: September 19, 2015, 09:07:22 pm »
Byebyec C,
You get a pat on the back today for drinking water and no headaches, you card!!!! Cal 8)
HCV 30 years. Geno 1A.
V/L 9 million
2 week V/L 54
12 weeks V/L UND
No 17 week  EOT V/L
EOT Post 4 weeks UND.

Offline byebyeC

« Reply #28 on: September 20, 2015, 04:51:33 am »
Haha Cal! I'm wearing my big girl knickers today! So proud...  :P
GT 1a
VL BOT 7 M
Diagnosed 1980
Treatment naive
Alaska 

Offline Cal

• Cal on Viekira Pak
« Reply #29 on: September 20, 2015, 08:53:43 pm »
I'll have you potty trained next! Hehe  ;D cal
HCV 30 years. Geno 1A.
V/L 9 million
2 week V/L 54
12 weeks V/L UND
No 17 week  EOT V/L
EOT Post 4 weeks UND.

Offline byebyeC

« Reply #30 on: September 20, 2015, 08:58:07 pm »
Bwahaaahaa! Cal!!!  ;D
GT 1a
VL BOT 7 M
Diagnosed 1980
Treatment naive
Alaska 

Offline Cal

• Cal on Viekira Pak
« Reply #31 on: September 20, 2015, 10:23:24 pm »
Byebye,
Honest to goodness you crack me up my friend. SO good to have a joke in amongst all this stress and sxs. Cal 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)
HCV 30 years. Geno 1A.
V/L 9 million
2 week V/L 54
12 weeks V/L UND
No 17 week  EOT V/L
EOT Post 4 weeks UND.

Offline byebyeC

« Reply #32 on: September 21, 2015, 12:06:40 am »
That's a fact Cali girl!!!  8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)
GT 1a
VL BOT 7 M
Diagnosed 1980
Treatment naive
Alaska 

Offline byebyeC

« Reply #33 on: September 23, 2015, 12:48:52 pm »
2nd week of VP + Riba throttled and annihilated!

Week two was a bit of a bother... ;)

3 in to week 3! Yussss! Alt is back to normal, what's a little light yellow in the eyeballs? Nada! :D
GT 1a
VL BOT 7 M
Diagnosed 1980
Treatment naive
Alaska 

Offline Cal

• Cal on Viekira Pak
« Reply #34 on: September 23, 2015, 05:08:48 pm »
Byebyec,
That a girl! It isn't pleasant but it's certainly doable. If we didn't have to take the rotten ribas we'd be ok. Are you having 2 week bloods? Cal :)
HCV 30 years. Geno 1A.
V/L 9 million
2 week V/L 54
12 weeks V/L UND
No 17 week  EOT V/L
EOT Post 4 weeks UND.

Offline Philadelphia

• Global Moderator
« Reply #35 on: September 23, 2015, 06:07:43 pm »
I did my entire 24 week treatment with elevated bilirubin. Normal lab values here are 3-18. I hit 152 within two weeks, and we reduced my riba dosage. Even so it never fell below 50 which is over double what it should be. Two weeks after treatment and it's down to 19.

I would try to discuss whether you need any additional tests with your doct or, but I think perhaps you've hit the Yellow Jackpot.

When mine was high they ran a test to see if it was conjugated or unconjugated  bilirubin. They also ran fibrinogen and haptoglobin. And did an abdo u/s.

Offline Cal

• Cal on Viekira Pak
« Reply #36 on: September 23, 2015, 08:34:22 pm »
Phily,
You have a very thorough Doctor. Mine is like that too. I just got a high bilirubin test for the first time. I'm not stressing, see what next weeks is like? Cal
HCV 30 years. Geno 1A.
V/L 9 million
2 week V/L 54
12 weeks V/L UND
No 17 week  EOT V/L
EOT Post 4 weeks UND.

Offline Philadelphia

• Global Moderator
« Reply #37 on: September 23, 2015, 09:47:18 pm »
I've got Greg Dore, Cal. I can't say enough nice things about him.

Offline byebyeC

« Reply #38 on: September 23, 2015, 09:59:30 pm »
Hey Gals,

How's the bp Cal? Any improvement?...

Did 2 week labs on on the 21st. Don't have that back yet. They aren't ordering any specialized tests like you mentioned Philly. They are going to to LFT's/Metabolic Panel again next week because last weeks had 9 values out of normal range. A phos, ast, alt, glucose, total bili, carbon dioxide BUN/urea nitrogen, hematocrit, rdw. Don't know what all of those mean. Nurse called to correct herself saying I was back in normal range. I'm not. But, I am back to my 3 days in numbers, so some improvement :)

We'll see what next week brings.

These good and bad days are a roller coaster. Felt pretty great yesterday. Back to a "big kill" day today I'm guessing :)
GT 1a
VL BOT 7 M
Diagnosed 1980
Treatment naive
Alaska 

Offline Cal

• Cal on Viekira Pak
« Reply #39 on: September 24, 2015, 03:09:59 am »
Oh Phily,
Greg adore is an icon in the Hep world as you would know. You are in capable hands. I have Paul Clark, he inherited the practice from my previous Doctor of 23 years Prof Cooksley. I like Paul a lot he was at the hospital in an hour when I was admitted. He says caring things too which go a long way. He is a researcher as well. Nice dude. Cal :D
HCV 30 years. Geno 1A.
V/L 9 million
2 week V/L 54
12 weeks V/L UND
No 17 week  EOT V/L
EOT Post 4 weeks UND.

Offline Cal

• Cal on Viekira Pak
« Reply #40 on: September 24, 2015, 03:14:32 am »
Hi Byebyec,

It gives you a fright when you see your bloods. My LFTS are fine, everything else says I should be dead! Dont let it get to you. They bounce around all over. Your V/l says it all. You're doing good kiddo. Cal 8) ps BP ok today, go figure?
HCV 30 years. Geno 1A.
V/L 9 million
2 week V/L 54
12 weeks V/L UND
No 17 week  EOT V/L
EOT Post 4 weeks UND.

Offline byebyeC

« Reply #41 on: September 24, 2015, 03:19:33 am »
So happy to hear your bp has bounced back. At least for today :) Yay Cal, yay!!!

Yet another thing we have in common :) Our labs say we should be dead, baahaaa :D

« Last Edit: September 24, 2015, 03:26:21 am by byebyeC »
GT 1a
VL BOT 7 M
Diagnosed 1980
Treatment naive
Alaska 

Offline Cal

• Cal on Viekira Pak
« Reply #42 on: September 24, 2015, 04:31:48 pm »
Thanks Byebyec,
Yes off to Doc today for flu type thing, sore throat etc. get some anti biotics. I have a friend here on viekira who was on them for 5 weeks! We've had the worse year for flu ever this year. Maybe he'll break it to me that I am dead but I won't lie down. Hehe Cal :)
HCV 30 years. Geno 1A.
V/L 9 million
2 week V/L 54
12 weeks V/L UND
No 17 week  EOT V/L
EOT Post 4 weeks UND.

Offline byebyeC

« Reply #43 on: September 24, 2015, 06:46:37 pm »
Hey Cal! :)

Hope the doc visit gives you some relief! You sure deserve it (((HUG)))!

Amen. No layin' down. Period.

<3  Marianne
GT 1a
VL BOT 7 M
Diagnosed 1980
Treatment naive
Alaska 

Offline Cal

• Cal on Viekira Pak
« Reply #44 on: September 24, 2015, 07:32:18 pm »
Byebye,
Lying down? As much as my body is pleading me too, the ribas are telling me to "DO chores Cal, don't take any notice of that whingeing body, what would it know? Faster, faster I tell you!!!" hehe Cal ;D
HCV 30 years. Geno 1A.
V/L 9 million
2 week V/L 54
12 weeks V/L UND
No 17 week  EOT V/L
EOT Post 4 weeks UND.

Offline slats1056

• SVR to all and to all a good life!
« Reply #45 on: September 25, 2015, 01:17:35 pm »
BBC, OMG. IT CAN'T BE. THE FORUMS ARE BEING TAKEN OVER BY ZOMBIES. Oh yea, I forgot . Most of us are anyway!!!! LMFAO!!!
CAL, I THINK I CAN, I THINK I CAN!!!! I KNOW I CAN , I KNOW I CAN!!!!!!!
73 non ab 98 hep c refused pegint/riba
6-15 Gen.1b 1/2 MIL ALT72 AST37 No cirrhosis
7-15  Harvoni 12 weeks
10-14-15 EOT VIRAL LOAD NON-DET  
12-30-15 EOT+12 VIRAL LOAD NON DET  SVR12            8-9-18 HCV LOAD 1.02IU/ml AST22  ALT30 RELAPSE?
9-18-18 confirmed gt 1b relapse
10-16-18 approved 16 weeks Mavyret

Offline Cal

• Cal on Viekira Pak
« Reply #46 on: September 25, 2015, 07:34:04 pm »
Lmao Tommy,
Yep were taking over. I am going to stay in bed and boss everyone around from here. I'm upstairs so I phone it text. Usually the texts just say TEA! Cal 8)
HCV 30 years. Geno 1A.
V/L 9 million
2 week V/L 54
12 weeks V/L UND
No 17 week  EOT V/L
EOT Post 4 weeks UND.

Offline byebyeC

« Reply #47 on: September 26, 2015, 07:12:11 pm »
Tommy... D O N ' T   L A Y  D O W N!!! Don't do it!!! :D

Cal,
That is what minions are for!  8)
GT 1a
VL BOT 7 M
Diagnosed 1980
Treatment naive
Alaska 

Offline slats1056

« Reply #48 on: September 26, 2015, 10:21:58 pm »
Last time I layed down, nobody told Me it was a bus route!!!! AWWWWW Momma , I want some minions!!!!!
7-15  Harvoni 12 weeks
12-30-15 EOT+12 VIRAL LOAD NON DET  SVR12            8-9-18 HCV LOAD 1.02IU/ml AST22  ALT30 RELAPSE?

Offline byebyeC

« Reply #49 on: September 27, 2015, 02:47:35 pm »
Yet again, LOL TOMMY! :D

Ya' gotta get some minions! They're the BEST Jerry! THE BEST! (Seinfeld ref :)

I really hope it wan't me and my imaginary twin Percival that got you countin' your pills...

Umm, Perci says to say he hopes it WAS...

;)
GT 1a
VL BOT 7 M
Diagnosed 1980
Treatment naive
Alaska 

Offline slats1056

« Reply #50 on: September 27, 2015, 02:57:51 pm »
  Good One Perci, You better watch that Marianne woman. Next thing You know she'll have You thinking You are the crazy one!! Tee Hee!!! BTW , did You get the plate # of that Bus Yesterday?????
  How is the weather up in Your neck of the woods? Down here on the third coast it's cool , cloudy , with a nice soothing drizzle falling. Very peaceful I must say.
  Hope You are doing O.K.! Oh yea, tell that Marianne chick I said HI!!!!!
7-15  Harvoni 12 weeks

Offline byebyeC

« Reply #51 on: September 27, 2015, 03:12:18 pm »
What bus? (says the one in charge :) )

Sounds like we're having the same weather today... Prolly cooler though, 45 deg. Fairbanks is about 130 miles N of here. They had 7" of snow today! Eeks! W a y  t o o  e a r l y! I too love the sound of the drizzle. Soothes the ragged riba nerves...

Getting the oft described shortness of breath, riba cough (yes, I DO blame it for EVERYTHING!), and on and off flu-like symptoms. But, it could be much much worse. All in all feeling very blessed and happy to be able to count my insanely expensive meds and believe that SVR is around the corner!

Glad you're about to get off this particular merry-go-round soon and joining the others on the next one! Woot woot!!! See you there in 9 weeks!

Love love love to laugh with y'all!!!
Marianne

Sank you berry big for asking! :D
GT 1a
VL BOT 7 M
Diagnosed 1980
Treatment naive
Alaska 

Offline slats1056

« Reply #52 on: September 27, 2015, 03:18:31 pm »
 Yea , a little bit. 73 degrees but it's all good!
7-15  Harvoni 12 weeks

Offline byebyeC

« Reply #53 on: September 27, 2015, 03:25:09 pm »
Tommy, really? 73 is cool?...  :o

Lol! We Alaskan's (said in tough burly man voice) still go out with regular clothes and sandals when it's 45. "...and a banjo on my knee" teehee :D
GT 1a
VL BOT 7 M
Diagnosed 1980
Treatment naive
Alaska 

Offline slats1056

« Reply #54 on: September 27, 2015, 03:37:53 pm »
  Yea , when it's usually 95 to 105 that's cool! The humidity is killer at those temps.
The wife is cold & I am in shorts a tee shirt & barefoot. A brisk walk & I break out in a sweat. But , it is good for the skin as opposed to the dry heat out west.
  We play git tars an fiddles down here in Texas little Lady!!!! A Ha Ha in the voice of John Wayne!
7-15  Harvoni 12 weeks

Offline byebyeC

« Reply #55 on: September 27, 2015, 03:58:56 pm »
Ah would shrivel up and dah *doing my best Southern belle" at 95!!!

Guess the humidity factor is what's different here. Ocean, giant rivers, lakes all around, no desert... I do love it here!

I just know y'all think we Alaskan's are missing some teeth, brain cells (ok, the brain cells thing is true, for me :p ),  and date our cousins... Thank you Discovery Channel, "History" Channel and The "Learning" Channel! Heehee :D
GT 1a
VL BOT 7 M
Diagnosed 1980
Treatment naive
Alaska 

Offline slats1056

« Reply #56 on: September 27, 2015, 04:16:11 pm »
 Well bless Yore lil ole heart darlin. ( read don't mind her she cain't help it she is touched ) When Your at or below sea level the hiway over passes look like mountains here in Texas. Trust Me when I say We have a bunch down here in Texas that You refer to as toothless morons and Yes they do date their cousins. The only ones that make it to Discovery Channel seem to be hunting pigs or alligators as the primary source of protein and income!!!!!! I shit You not , You are My favorite turd!!!!! To much???  There is that poopy humor again. I would make a couple of jokes on the subject , but even I have a limit to what is socially acceptable!!!!
7-15  Harvoni 12 weeks

Offline byebyeC

« Reply #57 on: September 27, 2015, 04:26:33 pm »
I c'aint Tommy! I c'aint!  :p

Never too much! Ya gotta' laugh! :D

Quote from one of my favorite movies:

"You know how those yankee's love making us all out to be a bunch of swamp-water, alligator-wrestling bigots."

Nothing beats a caricature... huh?...

Ah well, we can take it! AND laugh all the way :D
GT 1a
VL BOT 7 M
Diagnosed 1980
Treatment naive
Alaska 

Offline Cal

• Cal on Viekira Pak
« Reply #58 on: September 27, 2015, 05:16:45 pm »
Damn!
I go to sleep and miss out on all the fun. I watched a b grade movie because it was set in Alaska last week. Of course it was about a couple lost in the wilderness. Byebye can't live in a wooden hut and live in the wilderness surely?

Tommy we think of Texas as you say, kill em skin it, eat it types who marry their cousins, actually that may be the deep South whatever that means?

I love the way you say Y'all. It makes me smile everytime. Just like in the movies :) Cal
HCV 30 years. Geno 1A.
V/L 9 million
2 week V/L 54
12 weeks V/L UND
No 17 week  EOT V/L
EOT Post 4 weeks UND.

Offline Cal

• Cal on Viekira Pak
« Reply #59 on: September 27, 2015, 05:18:42 pm »
Marianne,
Sounds like your and Percy are toughing out the sides. If the flu tye stuff turns into an infection like mine did, get anti biotics quick, remember you're on an immunosuppressant..Riba. Lovely lovely ribavirin, yummy yummy. Cal 8)
HCV 30 years. Geno 1A.
V/L 9 million
2 week V/L 54
12 weeks V/L UND
No 17 week  EOT V/L
EOT Post 4 weeks UND.

Offline byebyeC

« Reply #60 on: September 27, 2015, 07:36:17 pm »
Hey Cal :)

Of course I live in the wilderness in a hut! It's just down the road from Fred Meyer, Old Navy and Costco ;) ... Naturally, this wilderness has, actually truly, been shown on reality tv in the states in a show call Alaska State Troopers, bwahaahaa :D Go ahead Tommy, Go ahead!...

:o
Marianne
GT 1a
VL BOT 7 M
Diagnosed 1980
Treatment naive
Alaska 

Offline Cal

• Cal on Viekira Pak
« Reply #61 on: September 27, 2015, 08:36:24 pm »
Byebye,
The scenery was beautiful and they got rescued and didn't lose any toes to frost bite, so they all lived happily ever after, next to Costco.  :-* Cal
HCV 30 years. Geno 1A.
V/L 9 million
2 week V/L 54
12 weeks V/L UND
No 17 week  EOT V/L
EOT Post 4 weeks UND.

Offline byebyeC

« Reply #62 on: September 27, 2015, 09:39:06 pm »
Lol Cal!

Those are the good stories! Such good prices at Costco ;D
GT 1a
VL BOT 7 M
Diagnosed 1980
Treatment naive
Alaska 

Offline byebyeC

« Reply #63 on: September 27, 2015, 09:42:00 pm »
3rd week of VP+Riba  :o Buried in the backyard   :P
Just loaded up week 4's pill box! 1/4 down, yusssss!

GT 1a
VL BOT 7 M
Diagnosed 1980
Treatment naive
Alaska 

Offline slats1056

« Reply #64 on: September 27, 2015, 11:14:34 pm »
  Cal, Cain't get much deeper South with out getting into Mexico! Kill 'em & grill 'em country for sure! LOL.
  BBC, True story. Houston edition of Cops, redneck couple fighting ( Domestic dispute they call it----better known as a little tiff ) He's dressed in flip flops , cut off raggedy blue jean short and a wife beater with chrome wrist accesories courtesy of Houstons' boys in blue, She's hanging out the front door hollerin' , LOCK HIS ASS UP, LOCK HIS ASS UP!!!!!!!! Refuses to press charges & goes down later to bail him out!
 Ya'll cain't make this stuff up , I ain't foolin'!!!!! Not one teeny tiny bit! A carica what??? That's My dang ole High school picher, That there ain't funny not one bit!!!

NOT EVEN GOING TO TRY SPELL CHECK ON THIS POST! CHUCKLE CHUCKLE.
7-15  Harvoni 12 weeks

Offline Cal

• Cal on Viekira Pak
« Reply #65 on: September 27, 2015, 11:45:13 pm »
We have those here in Oz too. So sad. Cal
HCV 30 years. Geno 1A.
V/L 9 million
2 week V/L 54
12 weeks V/L UND
No 17 week  EOT V/L
EOT Post 4 weeks UND.

Offline Cal

• Cal on Viekira Pak
« Reply #66 on: September 27, 2015, 11:46:58 pm »
Marianne, week 4 well done. Celebrations in order, virtual Australian BBQ and beer. Cal :)
HCV 30 years. Geno 1A.
V/L 9 million
2 week V/L 54
12 weeks V/L UND
No 17 week  EOT V/L
EOT Post 4 weeks UND.

Offline byebyeC

« Reply #67 on: September 28, 2015, 11:41:27 am »
Haha Tommy!

We love to kill 'em and grill 'em here too! It's just Bullwinkle we're grillin' though :D So, SO GOOD!!! But, I digress... always. :p

You are a couple of crack ups my forum friends!!! :D

Cal,
I'm IN for the virtual BBQ and beer! Bwahaa :D You'd have a full on CROWD if we had some Star Trek transporter beams!... I really want me one of them! (see what ya did to my grammurr Tommy :D ) I'll bring bullwinkle Tommy'll bring (? deer?, raccoon?, armadillo?)...  :)

<3
Marianne
« Last Edit: September 28, 2015, 11:44:03 am by byebyeC »
GT 1a
VL BOT 7 M
Diagnosed 1980
Treatment naive
Alaska 

Offline slats1056

« Reply #68 on: September 28, 2015, 12:36:21 pm »
 Hey Ya'll forgettin' tha Hawgs an tha Gators. Powerful good them are.

P.S. I have plenty of virtual money , so I'll spring for ALL THE VIRTUAL BEER!!!

Sometimed I crack Myself up , right Perci? Perci? Where are You? O.K. Marianne, what did You do with Perci this time???????
7-15  Harvoni 12 weeks

Offline byebyeC

« Reply #69 on: September 28, 2015, 01:54:14 pm »
Virtual beer is the best we can hope for! :D I just love the virtual money too! :D

Miss crybaby anxiety attack, aka Marianne, is shoving Perci down today... SO NOT ME!  :'( :'( :'(  I no yikey!

You totally crack Perci up Tommy! He's shouting let ME OUT Miss "B" ! :D
GT 1a
VL BOT 7 M
Diagnosed 1980
Treatment naive
Alaska 

Offline Cal

• Cal on Viekira Pak
« Reply #70 on: September 28, 2015, 07:45:33 pm »
Marianne.
Let him out. He's invited to the virtual party. Just don't let him bring anymore of his friends I've seen the types he hangs around....kidding! Have some of my virtual magic BBQ beans, they're anti anxiety, they work a treat on riba anxiety. Breath through it darlin' it's just the drugs. It passes. DO meditation if you need to.

Now you need some of Tommys virtual beer to wash that down. Cal 8)
HCV 30 years. Geno 1A.
V/L 9 million
2 week V/L 54
12 weeks V/L UND
No 17 week  EOT V/L
EOT Post 4 weeks UND.

Offline Cal

• Cal on Viekira Pak
« Reply #71 on: September 28, 2015, 07:47:41 pm »
Tommy,
Never had a gator burger. How about killin' skinnin' and eatin' some of that at the BBQ?

Thanks for the beer BTW. Cal :)
HCV 30 years. Geno 1A.
V/L 9 million
2 week V/L 54
12 weeks V/L UND
No 17 week  EOT V/L
EOT Post 4 weeks UND.

Offline byebyeC

« Reply #72 on: September 28, 2015, 11:06:59 pm »
Lol Cal,

Perci does have some "friends in low places, where the (virtual)whisky flows and the (virtual ;) )beer chases the blues away"...  ;)

Marianne  :o :o
« Last Edit: September 30, 2015, 04:55:18 pm by byebyeC »
GT 1a
VL BOT 7 M
Diagnosed 1980
Treatment naive
Alaska 

Offline Philadelphia

• Global Moderator
« Reply #73 on: September 29, 2015, 01:56:13 am »
Think about what you need to do to get through this. Don't think about what you should be doing, think about what you need to do right now. Is it curling up on the lounge with a mindless funny tv show? Is it going for a walk? Is it taking your camera out for a spin and snapping some lovely pics of things you see? Is it reading? Sleeping? Exercising?

Do it. Just go with whatever you think you need to do to feel better again. Unless it's counter-productive to treatment, like drinking a jug of mojitos. Don't do that.

We generally know what might make us feel better, but for a million reasons we don't do it.

Go do it.

Offline Cal

• Cal on Viekira Pak
« Reply #74 on: September 29, 2015, 02:29:48 am »
Marianne,
I spoke to another kind forumer about this issue because I had it with a vengeance and so did they. It comes and goes and you have to cope with it! deep breathing and remember endured until cured. You can do this. If I can and I'm a  scaredy cat, then up you can. Cal :'(.  Ill pm you
HCV 30 years. Geno 1A.
V/L 9 million
2 week V/L 54
12 weeks V/L UND
No 17 week  EOT V/L
EOT Post 4 weeks UND.

Offline byebyeC

« Reply #75 on: September 29, 2015, 01:15:42 pm »
Thank you Cal and Philly,

I'm hanging on... I'll try your advice. Pretty weird feeling so out of sorts.

I appreciate y'all very much.

And, lol Philly, no gallon of mojitos, unless they're virtual like the bbq, beer and money. No worries there.

Marianne
« Last Edit: September 29, 2015, 08:24:34 pm by byebyeC »
GT 1a
VL BOT 7 M
Diagnosed 1980
Treatment naive
Alaska 

Offline slats1056

« Reply #76 on: September 29, 2015, 03:13:30 pm »
 BBC, I GOT IT!!!!! Virtual Tequila shots with real salt & lime for realistic effects!!!!!!
Sure to cure what ails You!!!! Virtually anyway , Right? Also , thinking about whuppin up some World Famous Armadillo sausage with Jalapenos and cheese , BBQ 'coon , and a batch of 'possum & ringtail cat stew with some porky pine added for flavor!!!! MMMM MMMM GOOD!!! Tell Perci he can have all he wants as long as he is staying at Your place!!!!!!!!!
7-15  Harvoni 12 weeks

Offline Cal

• Cal on Viekira Pak
« Reply #77 on: September 29, 2015, 04:47:53 pm »
Tommy,
Sounds virtually yummy, real time vomitorium!  Haven't done tequila shits since I was a kid. I see my sons do shits now and cringe. But we must have loved them once? How much can a koala bear? I'll bring, goanna pate, anteater nibbles, platypus sandwiches and red back spider biscuits. Now were partying :)cal
HCV 30 years. Geno 1A.
V/L 9 million
2 week V/L 54
12 weeks V/L UND
No 17 week  EOT V/L
EOT Post 4 weeks UND.

Offline byebyeC

« Reply #78 on: September 29, 2015, 08:26:23 pm »
Oh dear dear duh duh duh duh dear!... as Piglet from Winnie the Pooh always said... :D
« Last Edit: September 30, 2015, 12:08:04 am by byebyeC »
GT 1a
VL BOT 7 M
Diagnosed 1980
Treatment naive
Alaska 

Offline Philadelphia

• Global Moderator
« Reply #79 on: September 29, 2015, 08:37:44 pm »
Hey Cal, you might want to check auto-correct on that last post of yours... lol

Offline Cal

• Cal on Viekira Pak
« Reply #80 on: September 29, 2015, 11:54:26 pm »
Ooops, embrassed face.  :-[it was the typists. oops. sorry. Cal :-[
HCV 30 years. Geno 1A.
V/L 9 million
2 week V/L 54
12 weeks V/L UND
No 17 week  EOT V/L
EOT Post 4 weeks UND.

Offline Philadelphia

• Global Moderator
« Reply #81 on: September 30, 2015, 12:07:52 am »
I thought it was hilarious. :)

I've done the same. O and I are very close together.

Offline byebyeC

« Reply #82 on: September 30, 2015, 12:08:54 am »
So did I :D roflol
GT 1a
VL BOT 7 M
Diagnosed 1980
Treatment naive
Alaska 

Offline Cal

• Cal on Viekira Pak
« Reply #83 on: September 30, 2015, 12:39:41 am »
I can count on the Aussie and the Alaskan! hehe :) :) :) Cal
HCV 30 years. Geno 1A.
V/L 9 million
2 week V/L 54
12 weeks V/L UND
No 17 week  EOT V/L
EOT Post 4 weeks UND.

Offline slats1056

« Reply #84 on: September 30, 2015, 09:40:29 am »
 The last time I was down in Mexico back in the day , I had that problem too. And I thought My poopy humor was bad!!!!! LOL LOL LOL!!!!!
7-15  Harvoni 12 weeks

Offline Cal

• Cal on Viekira Pak
« Reply #85 on: September 30, 2015, 04:22:16 pm »
And the Texan....hehe Cal :)
HCV 30 years. Geno 1A.
V/L 9 million
2 week V/L 54
12 weeks V/L UND
No 17 week  EOT V/L
EOT Post 4 weeks UND.

Offline slats1056

« Reply #86 on: September 30, 2015, 06:36:39 pm »
   You HAD to know I would catch it!!!
7-15  Harvoni 12 weeks

Offline Cal

• Cal on Viekira Pak
« Reply #87 on: September 30, 2015, 09:18:45 pm »
I had a fiver on it! Cal :)
HCV 30 years. Geno 1A.
V/L 9 million
2 week V/L 54
12 weeks V/L UND
No 17 week  EOT V/L
EOT Post 4 weeks UND.

Offline slats1056

« Reply #88 on: September 30, 2015, 10:10:15 pm »
 Ya'll coulda knocked Me over with a fetha whilst I was areadin that one I do declare. Darlin' Ya'll just made My lil ole day dontcha see.
7-15  Harvoni 12 weeks

Offline Cal

• Cal on Viekira Pak
« Reply #89 on: October 01, 2015, 12:15:19 am »
Tommy,
You are a naughty man. But you know that! Cal 8)
HCV 30 years. Geno 1A.
V/L 9 million
2 week V/L 54
12 weeks V/L UND
No 17 week  EOT V/L
EOT Post 4 weeks UND.

Offline Cal

• Cal on Viekira Pak
« Reply #90 on: October 03, 2015, 06:27:23 am »
You ok chick? Salxx
HCV 30 years. Geno 1A.
V/L 9 million
2 week V/L 54
12 weeks V/L UND
No 17 week  EOT V/L
EOT Post 4 weeks UND.

Offline byebyeC

« Reply #91 on: October 03, 2015, 03:00:14 pm »
Rough couple of riba cries/riba rages days...

Not a good time to be challenged about the very support that's keeping me from losing it.. Really really need y'all.  :'(

"I remember when, I remember when I lost my mind!"..https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bd2B6SjMh_w
« Last Edit: October 03, 2015, 11:53:17 pm by byebyeC »
GT 1a
VL BOT 7 M
Diagnosed 1980
Treatment naive
Alaska 

Offline Bree

• "Today is a good day for a great day!"
« Reply #92 on: October 03, 2015, 04:15:16 pm »
Hang in ByeByeC.  Do what you most need to do for yourself. 

It's hard when loved ones don't experience us as our normal selves.  My best input would be "restraint of tongue and pen".   When I had riba on past treatment, I tried my best not to go off on my loved ones.  I would frequently remove myself from their presence (i.e. hide in my bedroom) so I wouldn't react to things that normally wouldn't be a big deal.
Dx 1997 Geno 1a
2002-2003 PEG Intron/riba (48 wks) respond/relapsed
Pre-Harvoni - Viral Load: 13.5 M - Log 7.1
Fibrosure Score F1-2  Pre-Treatment:  AST 73 / ALT 88

7/6/15 Started Harvoni (12 weeks)
10/5/15 HCV NOT DETECTED (One week post EOT)
11/9/15 NOT DETECTED!!! (6 wk post)
12/21/15 NOT DETECTED (12 wk post) 
3/14/16  NOT DETECTED (24 week post)AST 26 ALT 18
SVR ACHIEVED!!! 
CURED YES!!!

Offline Cal

• Cal on Viekira Pak
« Reply #93 on: October 03, 2015, 06:30:47 pm »
Marianne,
Good advice from Bree.ntry not to do anything rash or like the song says. Crazyyyy!  :-X I nearly punched my sons door the other day, I was so scared and so was he.  I explained RIBA rage. It's so scary being out of control.

I think that song could be e RIBA anthem :'(

No one ekes but a fellow warrior can UND
Rest and. Again I say we need to be with our tribe when we're at war.mslondont leave forum.

You can imagine symptoms by reading them, but you'll know the difference. What you've gone through is typical RIBA. Hold on. Cal  :)
HCV 30 years. Geno 1A.
V/L 9 million
2 week V/L 54
12 weeks V/L UND
No 17 week  EOT V/L
EOT Post 4 weeks UND.

Offline Cal

• Cal on Viekira Pak
« Reply #94 on: October 03, 2015, 06:32:28 pm »
Sorry about crap tying, hands shaking today like mad. Cal
HCV 30 years. Geno 1A.
V/L 9 million
2 week V/L 54
12 weeks V/L UND
No 17 week  EOT V/L
EOT Post 4 weeks UND.

Offline byebyeC

« Reply #95 on: October 05, 2015, 11:11:51 am »
Week 4 stick a fork in it, it's done!!! Officially 1/3rd of the way done! Off to get my 4 week VL and labs this am! Can I get a oooooh oooooh!  8) 8) 8) 8) 8)
GT 1a
VL BOT 7 M
Diagnosed 1980
Treatment naive
Alaska 

Offline KimInTheForest

• Believe in yourself
« Reply #96 on: October 05, 2015, 11:58:21 am »
Week 4 stick a fork in it, it's done!!! Officially 1/3rd of the way done! Off to get my 4 week VL and labs this am! Can I get a oooooh oooooh!  8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

Way to go Marianne! Wooooo hooooo! ;)

kim
« Last Edit: October 05, 2015, 12:21:53 pm by KimInTheForest »
Kim Goldberg (Nanaimo, BC)
1970s: Contracted HCV (genotype 3a)
2015: Cured with Harvoni + ribavirin (12 weeks)
MY STORY: https://pigsquash.wordpress.com/2016/01/28/undetectable-my-hep-c-story/

Offline Bree

• "Today is a good day for a great day!"
« Reply #97 on: October 05, 2015, 01:26:43 pm »
Way to go!  Great milestone...Looking for a UND, it's so easy on the eyes!   Hopefully I'll be getting my labs again today too!
Dx 1997 Geno 1a
2002-2003 PEG Intron/riba (48 wks) respond/relapsed
Pre-Harvoni - Viral Load: 13.5 M - Log 7.1
Fibrosure Score F1-2  Pre-Treatment:  AST 73 / ALT 88

7/6/15 Started Harvoni (12 weeks)
10/5/15 HCV NOT DETECTED (One week post EOT)
11/9/15 NOT DETECTED!!! (6 wk post)
12/21/15 NOT DETECTED (12 wk post) 
3/14/16  NOT DETECTED (24 week post)AST 26 ALT 18
SVR ACHIEVED!!! 
CURED YES!!!

Offline Philadelphia

• Global Moderator
« Reply #98 on: October 05, 2015, 04:24:22 pm »
One month down, great work. :). Looking fwd to seeing test results - I'm interested in yr alt and bili.

Offline Cal

• Cal on Viekira Pak
« Reply #99 on: October 05, 2015, 05:46:45 pm »
Marianne,
1/3rd already. That seemed to go fast...not! That's a big ooooooh ooooh from me girl!

Can't wait to see your results. God on you. Cal  :)
HCV 30 years. Geno 1A.
V/L 9 million
2 week V/L 54
12 weeks V/L UND
No 17 week  EOT V/L
EOT Post 4 weeks UND.

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.