Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 03:48:20 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 6307
  • Latest: golfer
Stats
  • Total Posts: 55125
  • Total Topics: 4851
  • Online Today: 141
  • Online Ever: 1314
  • (June 22, 2016, 05:23:42 am)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 117
Total: 117

Welcome

Welcome to the Hep Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people who have Fatty Liver Disease, Hepatitis B, C or a co-infection, their friends and family and others with questions about hepatitis and liver health. Check in frequently to read what others have to say, post your comments, and hopefully learn more about how you can reach your own health goals.

Privacy Warning: Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.
  • The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.
  • All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.
  • Product advertisement (including links); banners; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from the Hep Forum Moderators.
Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Poll

I'm so depressed

Sad
0 (0%)
Depressed
2 (100%)

Total Members Voted: 2

Author Topic: Depressed  (Read 7583 times)

Offline Brita

Depressed
« on: September 14, 2015, 10:28:53 am »
I'm so depressed about this over it just told a guy i really like about me having hep c i really like him don't won't to scare him either had to tell my bosses as well cause I did not want it blowing up in my face either .... forgot how hard it was to tell someone about.  ......         i was in the last relationship for 17 years  its been so long that I forgot about the shit... going to cry myself to sleep now  :'( so sad     

Offline Joe NM

Re: Depressed
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2015, 01:18:29 pm »
I commend you on your courage, that sounds difficult but it's probably better than struggling through keeping a secret.

So sorry about the trouble, though...if the guy cut you off because of HCV, then it's his loss, not yours...if people can't be supportive of someone with Hep C then how would they react when sh** really hits the fan in other areas, as inevitably happens in life from time to time??? P.S. I wear an insulin pump and have to take off my little robo-pager-tube-in-my-belly every time I go to bed with someone, and anybody who's actually liked me has managed to get over it...anyone who couldn't turned out to be shallow and a waste of time.

Also, talk to your Human Resources person (if your work has one) if any trouble comes up at work over this, you can't be discriminated against because of HCV!

Thanks for sharing :)
HCV Case Manager
Type-1 diabetic
Connoisseur of battling insurance companies, and when that fails resorting to 'Sample Pharmacies' and sneaking insulin back from Mexico to survive.
Kindred spirit/admirer of all on this forum!
Here to help in any way I can!
EVERYONE DESERVES A CURE!

Offline loveispatient

« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2015, 03:18:47 pm »
Oh sweetie, I know it seems like things can get no worse when you have people who don't understand.  It's perfectly ok and I commend you for telling them, even though you had no obligation to tell your boss.  Keep your chin up.  All this has happened to me in a very short period of time, as I was diagnosed and started treatment within a 3 mth period (today is my 4th day on Sol + riba) so I understand.  To tell or not to tell.  People enter and leave your life for a reason.  Just a thought.  Hugs and prayers.
Dx in late July/Aug. 2015; GT2, about to begin treatment of Solvodi and Ribavarin;
Viral load 612,000
Tx niave
Hypothyroid, menopausal, anxiety, depression, EBV (Eipstein Barr Virus), chronic infections, ulcers, fluid in abdomen, underweight, chronic headaches and sinus problems, no fibroscan (?) or biopsy, normal or slightly elevated alt and ast, which alternates.

Offline gnatcatcher

« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2015, 07:05:54 pm »
Brita, you have far more company than you know. It's now estimated that over 3 MILLION of us have this disease. A lot of people are just finding out that they or a family member or friend has it. And here on the Hep Forums you have an entire community of wonderful people who happen to have Hep C (or B or E). -Gnatty
9/29/71 transfusions
HCV genotype 1a
7/09/15-9/30/15 Harvoni

Before treatment:
Viral Load 9,490,582
FibroScan 19.5 kPa [F4]
ALT 262
AST 217
ALP 183

Most recent:
VL still UNDETECTED (SVR 102)
FibroScan 7.6 kPa [F1-2]
ALT 15
AST 20
ALP 85

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.