Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 07:21:16 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 6307
  • Latest: golfer
Stats
  • Total Posts: 55125
  • Total Topics: 4851
  • Online Today: 157
  • Online Ever: 1314
  • (June 22, 2016, 05:23:42 am)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 94
Total: 94

Welcome

Welcome to the Hep Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people who have Fatty Liver Disease, Hepatitis B, C or a co-infection, their friends and family and others with questions about hepatitis and liver health. Check in frequently to read what others have to say, post your comments, and hopefully learn more about how you can reach your own health goals.

Privacy Warning: Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.
  • The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.
  • All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.
  • Product advertisement (including links); banners; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from the Hep Forum Moderators.
Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: side affects after treatment  (Read 8012 times)

Offline Be Free

side affects after treatment
« on: September 14, 2015, 07:13:56 pm »
Hi All,

My name is be free.  I just finished a 12 week treatment of harvoni (only).  I was genotype 1a and had the virus many years, having failed three treatments.  My labs came back negative at four weeks and eight weeks. I am without words, just so grateful.  There truly is hope.  I read some recent posts on a different website that said people were still feeling sick after finishing their medication, which is why i wanted to share this post.  i wanted to offer some encouragement that I did not feel sick.  No headaches no body aches, nothing. I think its important to share the good the bad and the ugly. In fact my biggest fear was that i would have headaches.  i had them pretty bad coming in then discovered that drinking lots of water helped.  I figured I would continue the water even after I stopped the medicine.  And I haven't had any issues.

I hope this posts helps someone to be encouraged.

Be Free

Offline beto

• "no risk it, no biscuit"
Re: side affects after treatment
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2015, 10:54:17 pm »
Be Free,

Indeed...wonderful news.  True we do not hear enough of the good stories.  Hopefully you have started something.  Even folks that have had a rough time with symptoms have positive stories to tell.  The greatest story of all to come out of all of this is that people are being cured and those that have not yet received the meds have more hope than they have ever had since contracting this very challenging disease.  Tell me how did it feel to get the last post treatment news?  I have the feeling that I am going to feel just fine after I discontinue the meds.
HCV/nonA,nonB acute phase 1975
HCV detected active 1990
HCV persistent chronic diagnosis 1995
1995 liver enzymes mild elevations
1996 Biopsy F2 fibrosis
treatment naive geno 1-A
2000-to early 2015 Viral load 150, 000 to 800, 000
recent liver enzymes before treatment alt/ast 59to209,  Fibroscan F4,cirrhosis
start tx Harvoni 7/11/2015
6.5 week-UD-ast/alt 25/25
9wk-UD-ast18 alt23
10/3/15 completed tx
11/5/15 new fibroscan f0-f1 amazed
6wk EOT UD ast/alt 20/20
12EOT-UD-ast/alt19/21
25wk-SVR! 19/18

Offline Be Free

« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2015, 08:37:50 pm »
Hi Beto,

I was told by my doctor that people on the Harvoni that get their first labs done at four weeks that get a no hcv detected usually means they are cured.  That was my moment.  I cried.  I was by myself in a shopping center parking lot when I got the news and I didn't care who saw me praising God with tears running down my face, hands up in the air, saying thank you Jesus!  No hcv detected.  At my eight week lab, when I received the same news, no hcv, it felt like a weight lifted.  I started thinking about all the things I could do now, like be an organ donor, of course I will wait until I have been free for the amount of time it takes to make sure it's ok to do something like that, and give blood, I thought, I can do that now too..after I get the all clear.  A new world is open.  Anyone out there reading this, be encouraged and may God Bless you all!

Offline byebyeC

« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2015, 09:23:46 pm »
That's awesome Be Free!

Praising God indeed! So happy for you that you had and have no sides! And better yet that you're cured!!!
GT 1a
VL BOT 7 M
Diagnosed 1980
Treatment naive
12 wk Viekira Pak Riba Started 9/7/15
Alaska 
Pre-treatment labs were ast 42 alt 33 vl 7,162,(eyes are light yellow now)
*Latest alt 19 ast 23! Yay! VL <15 detected

Offline beto

• "no risk it, no biscuit"
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2015, 09:27:20 pm »
wow...3 days.  That a first.  wooohoo
HCV/nonA,nonB acute phase 1975
HCV detected active 1990
HCV persistent chronic diagnosis 1995
1995 liver enzymes mild elevations
1996 Biopsy F2 fibrosis
treatment naive geno 1-A
2000-to early 2015 Viral load 150, 000 to 800, 000
recent liver enzymes before treatment alt/ast 59to209,  Fibroscan F4,cirrhosis
start tx Harvoni 7/11/2015
6.5 week-UD-ast/alt 25/25
9wk-UD-ast18 alt23
10/3/15 completed tx
11/5/15 new fibroscan f0-f1 amazed
6wk EOT UD ast/alt 20/20
12EOT-UD-ast/alt19/21
25wk-SVR! 19/18

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.