Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:57:48 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 6307
  • Latest: golfer
Stats
  • Total Posts: 55125
  • Total Topics: 4851
  • Online Today: 125
  • Online Ever: 1314
  • (June 22, 2016, 05:23:42 am)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 97
Total: 97

Welcome

Welcome to the Hep Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people who have Fatty Liver Disease, Hepatitis B, C or a co-infection, their friends and family and others with questions about hepatitis and liver health. Check in frequently to read what others have to say, post your comments, and hopefully learn more about how you can reach your own health goals.

Privacy Warning: Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.
  • The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.
  • All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.
  • Product advertisement (including links); banners; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from the Hep Forum Moderators.
Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Fifth week of Harvoni - does it cause blurred vision in anyone?  (Read 12243 times)

Offline m1ewi5

Fifth week of Harvoni - does it cause blurred vision in anyone?
« on: September 22, 2015, 12:25:03 am »
My ability to read is changing--for the worse. Has anyone out there experienced this sort of symptom/effect? It could be natural, unrelated to Hep-C, but my vision is changing so quickly--I've emailed the clinic at UCSF, maybe they'll tell me something. . . .

Offline Bree

• "Today is a good day for a great day!"
Re: Fifth week of Harvoni - does it cause blurred vision in anyone?
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2015, 03:25:20 am »
Yes, I've had some vision issues... not sure though if it's me or related to meds.  Mostly in the evenings.  I'm on last week of Harvoni. 
Dx 1997 Geno 1a
2002-2003 PEG Intron/riba (48 wks) respond/relapsed
Pre-Harvoni - Viral Load: 13.5 M - Log 7.1
Fibrosure Score F1-2  Pre-Treatment:  AST 73 / ALT 88

7/6/15 Started Harvoni (12 weeks)
10/5/15 HCV NOT DETECTED (One week post EOT)
11/9/15 NOT DETECTED!!! (6 wk post)
12/21/15 NOT DETECTED (12 wk post) 
3/14/16  NOT DETECTED (24 week post)AST 26 ALT 18
SVR ACHIEVED!!! 
CURED YES!!!

Offline m1ewi5

« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2015, 10:00:17 am »
Thanks--the UCSF clinic people don't think my blurred vision is Harvoni related. Vision difficulties arent on the short list of Harvoni side-effects. I'll have to check this out with an ophthalmologist I guess. I'll be glad when I'm thru my 12 weeks. . . .

Offline slats1056

• SVR to all and to all a good life!
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2015, 11:09:38 am »
 Went to eye Doc yesterday for blurry vision & odd vision at times. Seems it might be related to the badass headaches in the first 4-5 weeks Tx. Got a complete check up, glaucoma test, and checked out the veins & inner eye also. Been having some problems focusing when reading. ( Love to read but it seems to be a chore since starting Tx. ) Is it caused by Hep ? Meds.? Old age? Or a combination of everything?
 Got the check up on the recommendation of G.I.. It seems the general consensus between the three of us is a little bit of everything including stress & anxiety from Tx., work, and general life B.S. accumulating to cause the problems.
  By all means to err on the safe side, get it checked out. It was a load off of My mind to find out all is well and I just need to tune up My reading glasses and try to avoid any eye strain if possible.
73 non ab 98 hep c refused pegint/riba
6-15 Gen.1b 1/2 MIL ALT72 AST37 No cirrhosis
7-15  Harvoni 12 weeks
10-14-15 EOT VIRAL LOAD NON-DET  
12-30-15 EOT+12 VIRAL LOAD NON DET  SVR12            8-9-18 HCV LOAD 1.02IU/ml AST22  ALT30 RELAPSE?
9-18-18 confirmed gt 1b relapse
10-16-18 approved 16 weeks Mavyret

Offline KimInTheForest

• Believe in yourself
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2015, 01:21:57 pm »
My vision deteriorated noticeably while on treatment. It seems to have returned to normal post-treatment. So for me at least, it was a temporary thing. I had read here on the forums that a number of members were experiencing that on Harvoni, so I didn't freak out or run out and get a new prescription for my glasses. Just thought it best to wait til treatment was over and see if it improved. It did.

cheers,
kim :)
Kim Goldberg (Nanaimo, BC)
1970s: Contracted HCV (genotype 3a)
2015: Cured with Harvoni + ribavirin (12 weeks)
MY STORY: https://pigsquash.wordpress.com/2016/01/28/undetectable-my-hep-c-story/

Offline gnatcatcher

« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2015, 02:19:32 pm »
Treatment involves new stresses for the body and may also be accompanied by anxiety of the "Will this treatment cure me?" variety. Stress and/or anxiety can definitely affect vision. Here are two extreme cases -- FAR beyond what you might experience on treatment.

Some years ago, a woman I know well suddenly couldn't read. Doctors thought perhaps she had had a stroke, but she checked out fine. I went to visit her and very calmly assured her her regular vision would return. How could I be so sure?

My father-in-law's mother witnessed such horrible atrocities when she was around twelve that she couldn't see at all for about a week and a half. My father-in-law, who was a family doctor, told me there's even a medical term for such temporary blindness.

Back to the woman I know. Her mother had just died of cancer, at a time when there were already other very stressful situations in the woman's life. Her grief over her mother's difficult dying was "the straw that broke the camel's back." Her temporary blindness made it necessary for this woman to suspend normal activities, which allowed her body and emotions time to process the stressful events. A few days later, she could read again. Today, five grandchildren later, her eyesight is still fine.

Again, these were extreme cases, far beyond the blurring Kim and Slats/Tommy and a few others experienced. Tommy's doctors have chalked his up to stress and anxiety, which makes sense to me.

Gnatty
9/29/71 transfusions
HCV genotype 1a
7/09/15-9/30/15 Harvoni

Before treatment:
Viral Load 9,490,582
FibroScan 19.5 kPa [F4]
ALT 262
AST 217
ALP 183

Most recent:
VL still UNDETECTED (SVR 102)
FibroScan 7.6 kPa [F1-2]
ALT 15
AST 20
ALP 85

Offline Cal

• Cal on Viekira Pak
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2015, 05:30:48 pm »
I've had blurred vision on Viekira Pak. My theory is it is related to low BP. Do you gave. Home BP machine? Just a theory. It seems to coincide with mine. Cal :)
HCV 30 years. Geno 1A.
Veikira Pak with ribas on Compassionate Access.
Brisbane. Australia. began 21.8.15.
17 weeks.  Previous non responder 2011.
V/L 9 million
2 week V/L 54
12 weeks V/L UND
No 17 week  EOT V/L
EOT Post 4 weeks UND.

Offline Denyse

« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2015, 06:54:11 pm »
I'm on my 4th day of Harvoni however I found I was dizzy and eyes would be blurred for long stretches of time before I started treatment, however I still feel it on my 4th day.I imagine it will go away with time Good luck... :o

Offline Philadelphia

• Global Moderator
  • It only looks like I know what I'm doing
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2015, 07:33:52 pm »
Hi Denyse and welcome. As you look around the forums, you'll notice that many people have a message at the bottom of their post that includes lots of info about their genotype, liver condition, previous treatments and current treatment. While it looks like gobbledygook it is a very useful way of stopping people from asking you the same questions over and over: what are you taking? For how long? What genotype? How are you responding? :)

It's called a sig file and you add it in your profile > Profile > Forum profile > Signature file.

Again, welcome. Lots of smart people here to help with questions, concerns or offer a listening ear.
CURED SVR24  Class of 2015
Wk 12 post EOT 30.11.15: ALT 14 AST 22 GGT 22 VL UND
Week 19 07.08.15: ALT 17 AST 23 GGT 25
Week 12 18.06.15: ALT 21 AST 23 GGT 28
Week 8 25.05.15: ALT 23 AST 27 GGT 30 VL UND
Week 4 20.04.14: ALT 30 AST 36 VL 40
Treatment start 23.03.15: ALT 137 AST 185 VL 342,600
Cirrhosis Child-Pugh A, Genotype 1a - Viekira Pak + riba 24 weeks
Total failure interferon/ribavirin/boceprovir Mar 2013
https://www.hepmag.com/blogger/grace-campbell

Offline Denyse

« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2015, 08:48:20 pm »
Hi Philadelphia
Thanks for the welcome I'm so glad I found this forum I've been sitting here for the past few hours reading and its the first time in a long while I've felt I wasn't so alone My Geno type is 1a I'm not sure about the other info but will get it from Doc and share.I was quite lucky getting this treatment Ive had it for at least 20 yrs and watched a few pals suffer greatly on the Interferon treatment. I figured I would wait until something better came around and lucky for us it did so this is my first treatment and I'm truly grateful for being approved while so many are not~ I'm surprised at how little I feel meaning Ive not felt anything worse then a headache on Harvoni. I also get dizzy and no doubt have brain fog (Just ask my kids lol)

Offline Philadelphia

• Global Moderator
  • It only looks like I know what I'm doing
« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2015, 08:55:14 pm »
Water, water and more water Is generally the answer to headaches. :)

This virus can be very isolating. People here get what that's like. We all understand.
CURED SVR24  Class of 2015
Wk 12 post EOT 30.11.15: ALT 14 AST 22 GGT 22 VL UND
Week 19 07.08.15: ALT 17 AST 23 GGT 25
Week 12 18.06.15: ALT 21 AST 23 GGT 28
Week 8 25.05.15: ALT 23 AST 27 GGT 30 VL UND
Week 4 20.04.14: ALT 30 AST 36 VL 40
Treatment start 23.03.15: ALT 137 AST 185 VL 342,600
Cirrhosis Child-Pugh A, Genotype 1a - Viekira Pak + riba 24 weeks
Total failure interferon/ribavirin/boceprovir Mar 2013
https://www.hepmag.com/blogger/grace-campbell

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.