Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 12:26:32 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 6307
  • Latest: golfer
Stats
  • Total Posts: 55126
  • Total Topics: 4851
  • Online Today: 91
  • Online Ever: 1314
  • (June 22, 2016, 05:23:42 am)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 55
Total: 55

Welcome

Welcome to the Hep Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people who have Fatty Liver Disease, Hepatitis B, C or a co-infection, their friends and family and others with questions about hepatitis and liver health. Check in frequently to read what others have to say, post your comments, and hopefully learn more about how you can reach your own health goals.

Privacy Warning: Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.
  • The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.
  • All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.
  • Product advertisement (including links); banners; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from the Hep Forum Moderators.
Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Post liver transplant on Harvoni  (Read 5034 times)

Offline Sammi

Post liver transplant on Harvoni
« on: October 05, 2015, 06:01:54 pm »
Hi

Hope I'm posting this in the correct place by a new topic.

I had my transplant in 2001.  I'm geno 1a stage 3 started Harvoni on 9/16/15 for 24 weeks.  I'm a failed responder twice interferon/riba prior to transplant and pegasus after transplant.  Both times had to be pulled off treatments due to very severe sides.

Harvoni sides so far - knock on wood - have been very mild in comparison with headaches, upset stomach and diarrhea at times.  Nothing like the old treatments.

Anyone else out there on Harvoni post transplant?

Is being on immunosuppressent Rx's for so long with a weakened immune system a factor in Harvoni working as well or relasping??

Yes, I'm concerned and still skeptical of a Sure Cure.  I'm 61yrs. old from the old school where sure cure was a 4 letter word.  I have had chronic hcv my entire adult life.

Looking for support, info, experiences of others for my benefit and all others that need it.

I have more questions and probably more to come. Just wanted to say  Hi for now and a short intro.

Hoping and Praying for a Sure Cure for all and a vaccine to eradicate hcv for good.

Thanks,
Sammi

Offline KimInTheForest

• Believe in yourself
Re: Post liver transplant on Harvoni
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2015, 10:09:02 pm »
Hi Sammi. Welcome to the forums and to the Harvoni journey. The vast majority of people who go through the Harvoni treatment do in fact get cured. And it does seem to be a 'sure cure'. So the odds are definitely on your side for eliminating this virus from your body for good! :)

kim
Kim Goldberg (Nanaimo, BC)
1970s: Contracted HCV (genotype 3a)
2015: Cured with Harvoni + ribavirin (12 weeks)
MY STORY: https://pigsquash.wordpress.com/2016/01/28/undetectable-my-hep-c-story/

Offline Sammi

Re: Post liver transplant on Harvoni - a Newbie
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2015, 11:15:11 pm »
Hi Kim

Thanks for the welcome and encouragement.  I appreciate it very much.

Yep just like it says I'm a Newbie but how did it know a true newbie to forums.   :)

Being post transplant this is my 2nd time around and in stage 3 again.

Hoping to hear from others and any post transplant on Harvoni.

I go for CMP labs every 2 weeks next one due on the 13th.  My liver enzymes where still high but falling.  Hoping this next time they are in the normal range.

Sammi

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.