Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:01:52 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 6307
  • Latest: golfer
Stats
  • Total Posts: 55125
  • Total Topics: 4851
  • Online Today: 91
  • Online Ever: 1314
  • (June 22, 2016, 05:23:42 am)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 75
Total: 75

Welcome

Welcome to the Hep Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people who have Fatty Liver Disease, Hepatitis B, C or a co-infection, their friends and family and others with questions about hepatitis and liver health. Check in frequently to read what others have to say, post your comments, and hopefully learn more about how you can reach your own health goals.

Privacy Warning: Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.
  • The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.
  • All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.
  • Product advertisement (including links); banners; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from the Hep Forum Moderators.
Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Day two of sovaldi and daklinza treatment for genotype 3  (Read 11208 times)

Offline Adixonlamper

Day two of sovaldi and daklinza treatment for genotype 3
« on: October 05, 2015, 12:01:10 am »
 after a long battle with my insurance  I am finally on sovaldi and daklinza treatment for genotype 3 for 12 weeks so far the only side affect is diarrhea but it is very mild.

is anyone else on sovaldi and daklinza? What are your side effects.

Offline Philadelphia

• Global Moderator
  • It only looks like I know what I'm doing
Re: Day two of sovaldi and daklinza treatment for genotype 3
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2015, 12:04:34 am »
If you search for daclatasvir you should find a few threads. Kiminforest, were you sof/dac?
CURED SVR24  Class of 2015
Wk 12 post EOT 30.11.15: ALT 14 AST 22 GGT 22 VL UND
Week 19 07.08.15: ALT 17 AST 23 GGT 25
Week 12 18.06.15: ALT 21 AST 23 GGT 28
Week 8 25.05.15: ALT 23 AST 27 GGT 30 VL UND
Week 4 20.04.14: ALT 30 AST 36 VL 40
Treatment start 23.03.15: ALT 137 AST 185 VL 342,600
Cirrhosis Child-Pugh A, Genotype 1a - Viekira Pak + riba 24 weeks
Total failure interferon/ribavirin/boceprovir Mar 2013
https://www.hepmag.com/blogger/grace-campbell

Offline KimInTheForest

• Believe in yourself
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2015, 12:48:01 am »
Welcome to the forums, Adixonlamper. And congrats on startng treatment! :)

I wish Daklinza had been available when I started treatment. It wasn't, and so I did 12 weeks of Harvoni+Riba and am now recovering from the Riba-anemia. But I believe I am cured of Hep C and that's the important thing. :)

There are some other people here on these forums on Sovaldia+Daklinza. Here is one thread:
http://forums.hepmag.com/index.php?topic=3382.0

And here is another:
http://forums.hepmag.com/index.php?topic=3328.0

best,
kim
Kim Goldberg (Nanaimo, BC)
1970s: Contracted HCV (genotype 3a)
2015: Cured with Harvoni + ribavirin (12 weeks)
MY STORY: https://pigsquash.wordpress.com/2016/01/28/undetectable-my-hep-c-story/

Offline Step One

« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2015, 05:29:08 pm »
Hi Adixonlamper, congratulations . I too just started the same treatment Mon. 10/5/2015. If anything pops up I'll let you know. I'm just keeping a positive attitude and feeding off the good vibes and tips from the folks in here.
Genotype - 3
Contracted - Late 70's
Diagnosed - 2005
Unsuccessful - Pegasys 2005
Started -   Sovaldi and Daklinza 10/5/2015
VL 2.4 million
10/19/15 - 2 week blood test
VL - Undected
Enzymes - normal

Offline MaryC

• Life is not a sprint; it's a marathon.
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2015, 08:28:25 am »
after a long battle with my insurance  I am finally on sovaldi and daklinza treatment for genotype 3 for 12 weeks so far the only side affect is diarrhea but it is very mild.

is anyone else on sovaldi and daklinza? What are your side effects.
Hi Adixonlamper and Step One,
I, too, am on the Sovaldi + Daklinza cure train!  I started 9/17/15 and have completed 22 days of tx.  I'm feeling good and no sides I as far as I can tell. 

I was kind of feeling like the lone wolf since there are few of us out there on this med combo, but we are growing!

Mary
GT 3a
Dx'd 4/15 not known when contracted
Labs 7/15:
-VL 537,000
-AST 32
-ALT 41
-Fibrosis score 0.46 (F1-F2)
Started tx 9/17/2015 with Daklinza + Sovaldi
6/6/16: 24 week EOT SVR!  Cured!

Offline mollythedog

« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2015, 10:23:07 am »
Hello fellow passengers,
I started today on sovaldi, daklinza 800 riba 24 weeks. Having relapsed 12 weeks EOT on sovaldi olysio and 400 riba 12 weeks, I was very disappointed. I must admit that this time I feel less confident about getting rid of this wicked virus.  But I will do my best to be positive, perhaps less enthusiastic because a relapse just cuts you right down and starts you thinking you have who knows what resistances although I was treatment naive. I just feel as if nothing is guaranteed. I hope nobody takes this badly as it only applies to a small percentage of people, but those like me know what I mean. Perhaps this is a cry for encouragement. I am no longer sad or even worried, it's just that I don't take it for granted that you will be free of this. I had a liver transplant almost 2 years ago but the virus came back with a vengeance just a few months later. I'm looking forward to hearing positive results from others on this treatment, that will certainly make me feel more positive. I know this is a defense mechanism to avoid future disappointment, relapse stings hard. Well here we go, side effects, I'll take them in my stride. Six months is too long to count the days, weeks etc. Must find a strategy to keep away from counting. I'd like to forget I'm taking meds but I can't because I if I forget I won't take them!!!! Hahaha. No escape? Any suggestions? Good luck to every single one of you. And to me too.
Molly

Offline MaryC

« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2015, 07:15:23 pm »
Hello fellow passengers,
I started today on sovaldi, daklinza 800 riba 24 weeks. Having relapsed 12 weeks EOT on sovaldi olysio and 400 riba 12 weeks, I was very disappointed. I must admit that this time I feel less confident about getting rid of this wicked virus.  But I will do my best to be positive, perhaps less enthusiastic because a relapse just cuts you right down and starts you thinking you have who knows what resistances although I was treatment naive. I just feel as if nothing is guaranteed. I hope nobody takes this badly as it only applies to a small percentage of people, but those like me know what I mean. Perhaps this is a cry for encouragement. I am no longer sad or even worried, it's just that I don't take it for granted that you will be free of this. I had a liver transplant almost 2 years ago but the virus came back with a vengeance just a few months later. I'm looking forward to hearing positive results from others on this treatment, that will certainly make me feel more positive. I know this is a defense mechanism to avoid future disappointment, relapse stings hard. Well here we go, side effects, I'll take them in my stride. Six months is too long to count the days, weeks etc. Must find a strategy to keep away from counting. I'd like to forget I'm taking meds but I can't because I if I forget I won't take them!!!! Hahaha. No escape? Any suggestions? Good luck to every single one of you. And to me too.
Molly
Molly,
It sounds like you have had a tough journey - so sorry to hear.  But the good news is you have started 2 very effective DAA's along with riba to augment your treatment for a full 24 weeks!   

I know it has been tough and you must be tired and want this all behind you. But what ever you do, don't forget your meds...look at them as a blessing.  I kissed the med bottles the first day they arrived.  I know it sounds silly, but I say thanks every night when I take my pills. 

Keep strong!

Mary
GT 3a
Labs 7/15:
-VL 537,000
-AST 32
-ALT 41

Offline mollythedog

« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2015, 04:10:54 pm »
Ah Mary, how sweet of you. Of course I am grateful to have a chance as opposed to only a couple of years ago and I 've set the alarm in my mobile to take the meds on the dot every day. I should remember those people who can't get access to them and don't even have the chance to try. Mary, it hasn't been so tough that I couldn't handle it, I have my faith, a very strong and intimate faith which protects me from losing control of my thoughts and this keeps me serene even when faced with the most difficult situations. I learned that after my relapse and it has kept me from letting my mind be bombarded with fearful thoughts about the future. Now the only bombardment is the meds on the enemy virus. I wish all the good things in the world. Finished day 2 and hurting a little on the inside of my right ribs at the bottom. It happened before too. It's killing off the virus.
Ps I'm gt1a, alt 203 ast 180
Platelets 70,000. Hgb 11.5

Offline MaryC

« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2015, 06:29:17 pm »
Molly,
You are one tough puppy!  You have a great attitude for sure. 

I was curious about your med combo for GT 1a.  Most folks on daklinza and sovaldi are GT 3.  While I understand riba can be tough (esp if you develop significant anemia), my experience with the combo of Daklinza and Sovaldi is that these 2 drugs are very tolerable. 

PS...I love dogs and my neighbor dog is a Basset hound named Molly.   :)

Mary
GT 3a
Labs 7/15:
-VL 537,000
-AST 32
-ALT 41

Offline mollythedog

« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2015, 05:58:46 pm »
Hi Mary,
Hope all is going well with TX. Today finished day 6 (oh no, I'm counting) but curious about sx. Yesterday a little tired, but today, traveled to and from Rome 7 hours on the train, 5 hours walking all over, businesses ness and pleasure. My young student was with me and on the way back said she had to admit she couldn't keep up with me, she knows nothing about my health problems, transplant for hcc, etc. Maybe it's too early for sx. Anyway, so far so good. Daklinza is pangenotypic and approved, after studies, for gt1 post transplant and Ns3 relapse, basically difficult to treat patients. Study results on such patients are very high, this could be interesting for some members who relapsed. Well, it's late Mary so good night. Warm regards, Molly

Offline MaryC

« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2015, 07:19:46 pm »
Hi Mary,
Hope all is going well with TX. Today finished day 6 (oh no, I'm counting) but curious about sx. Yesterday a little tired, but today, traveled to and from Rome 7 hours on the train, 5 hours walking all over, businesses ness and pleasure. My young student was with me and on the way back said she had to admit she couldn't keep up with me, she knows nothing about my health problems, transplant for hcc, etc. Maybe it's too early for sx. Anyway, so far so good. Daklinza is pangenotypic and approved, after studies, for gt1 post transplant and Ns3 relapse, basically difficult to treat patients. Study results on such patients are very high, this could be interesting for some members who relapsed. Well, it's late Mary so good night. Warm regards, Molly
Molly,
Sounds like you are in pretty good shape to walk for over 5 hours after a 7 hour train ride.  Keep your spirits high.  Exercise, positive attitude and a healthy lifestyle will help you slay this dragon once and for all!

I am 1 day short of 5 weeks on Daklinza and Sovaldi and I feel good. 

Best to you,
Mary
GT 3a
Labs 7/15:
-VL 537,000
-AST 32
-ALT 41

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.