Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 12:08:56 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 6307
  • Latest: golfer
Stats
  • Total Posts: 55126
  • Total Topics: 4851
  • Online Today: 64
  • Online Ever: 1314
  • (June 22, 2016, 05:23:42 am)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 57
Total: 57

Welcome

Welcome to the Hep Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people who have Fatty Liver Disease, Hepatitis B, C or a co-infection, their friends and family and others with questions about hepatitis and liver health. Check in frequently to read what others have to say, post your comments, and hopefully learn more about how you can reach your own health goals.

Privacy Warning: Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.
  • The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.
  • All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.
  • Product advertisement (including links); banners; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from the Hep Forum Moderators.
Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Sovoldi/Olysio or Harvoni  (Read 7259 times)

Offline PetePurnell

Sovoldi/Olysio or Harvoni
« on: October 08, 2015, 11:09:02 am »
Possibly somone can help me out here.  I am trying to get 24 weeks Harvoni (Early F4).  I also realize that if I relapse treatment options are 0! 

I was thinking about trying to hedge my bets by doing 12 weeks of Sovoldi/Olysio and then if I fail I would still have an option to treat later(possibly drug cost comes down).  I guess I would have a problem getting 12 weeks of S/O because protocol now is 24 weeks. 

From what I see folks who relapse on Harvoni 12-24 weeks have little recourse. 

Any thought on my probably crazy brainstorm?

Offline KimInTheForest

• Believe in yourself
Re: Sovoldi/Olysio or Harvoni
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2015, 12:00:18 pm »
Possibly somone can help me out here.  I am trying to get 24 weeks Harvoni (Early F4).  I also realize that if I relapse treatment options are 0! 

I was thinking about trying to hedge my bets by doing 12 weeks of Sovoldi/Olysio and then if I fail I would still have an option to treat later(possibly drug cost comes down).  I guess I would have a problem getting 12 weeks of S/O because protocol now is 24 weeks. 

From what I see folks who relapse on Harvoni 12-24 weeks have little recourse. 

Any thought on my probably crazy brainstorm?

Hi Pete. I think the wiser choicer would be to go for the 24 weeks of Harvoni if you can get it. The cure rate is so phenomenally high you will almost certainly be cured. And if you are one of those very rare cases who relapses after 24 weeks of Harvoni  (which is extremely unlikely), there will be other treatment options before very long. The drug pipeline is full to bursting right now with all kinds of Hep C drugs in development and clinical trials. It seems like something new is falling out the pipeline every few weeks.

I have also noticed a number of members on these forums who were treated but not cured with Sovaldi/Olysio and then went on to be cured with Harvoni.

Others here may have a different opinion.

best of luck to you!
kim :)
Kim Goldberg (Nanaimo, BC)
1970s: Contracted HCV (genotype 3a)
2015: Cured with Harvoni + ribavirin (12 weeks)
MY STORY: https://pigsquash.wordpress.com/2016/01/28/undetectable-my-hep-c-story/

Offline Coach Mike

• Affordable Hepatitis C Treatment
Re: Sovoldi/Olysio or Harvoni
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2015, 01:10:07 pm »
Hi,
There is some great information on the fixhepc site regarding dosage per body weight effectiveness and how to get tested generic harvoni for less than $4000 for 24 weeks. You would need to go to Ausralia, however, to seal the deal. I opted to buy my 12 week course directly from the supplier they use and have it sent to the U.S.
Whatever route you choose, good luck with your treatment!
Mike
Genotype 1a, Biopsy:11/2014: F-1, Tx Naive
Fibrosure, 7/20/15: F-1-2
Pre tx v/l: 1,600,000, ALT: 75, AST: 48
Started generic sofosbuvir & ledipasvir: 10/23/15
4 wk labs: 11/19/15, ALT: 21, AST: 16, V/L:  UND
Started 8 week Harvoni tx: 11/20/15
8 wk labs, 12/15/15, ALT: 15, AST: 13, V/L: UND
4/11/16 12 week EOT-Undetected
7/5/16 SVR 24

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.