Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:37:52 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 6307
  • Latest: golfer
Stats
  • Total Posts: 55125
  • Total Topics: 4851
  • Online Today: 100
  • Online Ever: 1314
  • (June 22, 2016, 05:23:42 am)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 80
Total: 80

Welcome

Welcome to the Hep Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people who have Fatty Liver Disease, Hepatitis B, C or a co-infection, their friends and family and others with questions about hepatitis and liver health. Check in frequently to read what others have to say, post your comments, and hopefully learn more about how you can reach your own health goals.

Privacy Warning: Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.
  • The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.
  • All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.
  • Product advertisement (including links); banners; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from the Hep Forum Moderators.
Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: New guy on Harvoni.  (Read 4860 times)

Offline mikeyg

New guy on Harvoni.
« on: October 12, 2015, 06:03:46 am »
Hi I am new here and few months back after a blood test I was told I have HCV.

Years back I was diagnosed with nonA/B HV but lived with it for over 35 years and never thought about it anymore.

My doctor got me on Havarti and BC/BS will only cover 8 weeks of this medicine although my doctor is fighting that. I am on the 5th week now and have a appt. with my doctor on the 20th to check the progress I guess.

Has anyone been cured with 56 pills?

« Last Edit: October 12, 2015, 06:05:38 am by mikeyg »

Offline gnatcatcher

Re: New guy on Harvoni.
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2015, 07:57:46 am »
Welcome, mikeyg. Yes, on these forums, as of September 26, 17 people who took just 56 pills have reported being cured (which is defined as HCV being undetected 12 weeks after the end of treatment; this is also called SVR12, with SVR standing for Sustained Virologic Response). The reason your doctor is fighting for 12 weeks is that the cure rate (percentage who reach SVR12) is higher for those who get 12 weeks of Harvoni, but it is still very high for those who get 8 weeks.

Yes, your doctor wants to check the progress, which is typically done after 4 weeks of treatment. If you look below my signature, you'll see that my VL, ALT, and AST dropped dramatically when I was retested after 28 pills. Harvoni is amazing.

Gnatty
9/29/71 transfusions
HCV genotype 1a
7/09/15-9/30/15 Harvoni

Before treatment:
Viral Load 9,490,582
FibroScan 19.5 kPa [F4]
ALT 262
AST 217
ALP 183

Most recent:
VL still UNDETECTED (SVR 102)
FibroScan 7.6 kPa [F1-2]
ALT 15
AST 20
ALP 85

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.