Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 11:13:48 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 6307
  • Latest: golfer
Stats
  • Total Posts: 55126
  • Total Topics: 4851
  • Online Today: 147
  • Online Ever: 1314
  • (June 22, 2016, 05:23:42 am)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 98
Total: 98

Welcome

Welcome to the Hep Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people who have Fatty Liver Disease, Hepatitis B, C or a co-infection, their friends and family and others with questions about hepatitis and liver health. Check in frequently to read what others have to say, post your comments, and hopefully learn more about how you can reach your own health goals.

Privacy Warning: Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.
  • The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.
  • All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.
  • Product advertisement (including links); banners; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from the Hep Forum Moderators.
Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Making the Most of Post Treatment  (Read 120181 times)

Offline Bree

• "Today is a good day for a great day!"
Making the Most of Post Treatment
« on: October 12, 2015, 11:29:26 pm »
So here I am, posting under Post Treatment for the first time!!!  That, in and of itself, seems miraculous to me.  This is the first forum of any kind I have ever been motivated enough to participate in and have learned so much.

My intention for this thread is to talk about the good stuff post treatment. While I have some things that can be considered symptoms post treatment, this and that, this and that, the good outweighs the negative by such a huge margin that that's where I want to spend my energy.

I'm two weeks post and feel better every day.  I'm walking, and just enjoying life more.  I talked to an old man outside of home depot about my dogs (who were with me) and his rescue animals for a half an hour.  I'm letting the small stuff go.
"Smelling the roses" as they say. I'm grateful. Plain and simple.

I want to live in the moment and not waiting until the next blood work test result before I decide I'm o.k. to start living.  It's easy for me to say, I was Not Detected at 4 weeks on treatment and one week after treatment.  There's still a ways to go until I can use the "cured" word officially.  But I'm using it anyway (privately to myself).

I appreciate my friends and also this forum for holding the space for me to believe I am cured.  They encouraged me when I was scared due to a symptom here and there.  I tell my friends often how appreciative I am.  I appreciate my internist who told me about Harvoni.  And Support Path, who assisted me to get treatment. And, I am telling you.  I appreciate you.  Thank you for encouraging me and believing for me during the worried parts and the wonderful parts!

My hunch is this is going to get better and better and better.  It's like a whole new world just opened up for me.  Let the sunshine in! 

« Last Edit: October 13, 2015, 02:35:23 am by Bree »
Dx 1997 Geno 1a
2002-2003 PEG Intron/riba (48 wks) respond/relapsed
Pre-Harvoni - Viral Load: 13.5 M - Log 7.1
Fibrosure Score F1-2  Pre-Treatment:  AST 73 / ALT 88

7/6/15 Started Harvoni (12 weeks)
10/5/15 HCV NOT DETECTED (One week post EOT)
11/9/15 NOT DETECTED!!! (6 wk post)
12/21/15 NOT DETECTED (12 wk post) 
3/14/16  NOT DETECTED (24 week post)AST 26 ALT 18
SVR ACHIEVED!!! 
CURED YES!!!

Offline willie g

• geno 1 25million etc. s/o for treatment
Re: Making the Most of Post Treatment
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2015, 03:13:27 am »
SO HERE YOU Are Bre, THANKYOU FOR your post,what you felt when you posted that was a gift. I love those moments and the gift it always brings. I'm sure dogs(  your buddy's) were enjoying the groove too.You should write that whole post down and carry it with you in whatever belongings you tote around and when situations in life of dysfunction pop up GO to a space where you can reflect on it.I don't think you could ever go wrong with that thought.Thanks for sharing that.  so....... there you were and now,here we are,  May we never forget where we come from,and may we always share. "Just Willie g " GATORFALLS

Offline Bree

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2015, 02:25:56 am »
SO HERE YOU Are Bre, THANKYOU FOR your post,what you felt when you posted that was a gift. I love those moments and the gift it always brings. I'm sure dogs(  your buddy's) were enjoying the groove too.You should write that whole post down and carry it with you in whatever belongings you tote around and when situations in life of dysfunction pop up GO to a space where you can reflect on it.I don't think you could ever go wrong with that thought.Thanks for sharing that.  so....... there you were and now,here we are,  May we never forget where we come from,and may we always share. "Just Willie g " GATORFALLS

Thanks Willie for the welcome on the post side of treatment.  I really do feel that way... still!
Dx 1997 Geno 1a

SVR ACHIEVED!!! 
CURED YES!!!

Offline Bree

« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2015, 02:36:50 am »
I'm almost 3 weeks post treatment and it's hard to believe.  This past 4 months (on treatment and then post) have kind of been a blur.  A good blur (most of the time) with strange things mixed in.

I've been so busy these past few weeks, I feel like I'm living life.  More so than in a long time.  And differently.  More alive.  More awake.  More everything good.

The first week post was strange, felt really weird, I was sick, thought is was a flu as others around me were sick, but when I see others post symptoms I think it was a combo.

The light-headedness is gone, fever gone, aches and pains (still some but had some before)... much better though.  I know I've been lucky with this treatment.
I'm grateful. 
Dx 1997 Geno 1a

SVR ACHIEVED!!! 
CURED YES!!!

Offline KimInTheForest

• Believe in yourself
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2015, 04:25:55 pm »
Hi Bree. Thanks for starting this thread! I will be 12 weeks post-tx in a couple of days, and will be getting my labs done to confirm I am cured. But it sure feels like it. :)

I am so glad you have mentioned feelings of gratitude here and on other threads. It is so easy for us to focus on the immediate and short-term problems resulting from treatment or post-treatment that we lose sight of the Big Picture, which is that this is nothing short of a MIRACLE! I had Hep C for 45 years and never thought I would see the cure developed in my lifetime.

In Five Element Theory, which is the underpinning of Traditional Chinese Medicine, each of the five major organs in our body has its own virtue and also its own particular negative emotion that manifests when the organ's energy is weak, stagnant, blocked. The liver's virtue is kindness, compassion, generosity… But really at the bottom of that is gratitude, because that is what enables kindness and compassion and generosity to manifest.

The liver's negative emotion is anger, jealousy, envy. In English we say "green with envy", and in 5-ET, the liver's color is green. So there may be a very ancient basis for that English expression. 5-ET is 2,500 years old.

I think part of the healing process at the level of deep energies in our body, involves investing in and cultivating gratitude, and consciously working to dispel anger or envy when it arises. I believe working on these things in a self-aware and mindful way will speed the healing of the liver.

best,
kim
Kim Goldberg (Nanaimo, BC)
1970s: Contracted HCV (genotype 3a)
2015: Cured with Harvoni + ribavirin (12 weeks)
MY STORY: https://pigsquash.wordpress.com/2016/01/28/undetectable-my-hep-c-story/

Offline Bree

« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2015, 05:16:19 pm »
Thank you Kim for acknowledging this thread! 

I'm so happy that you are getting your 12 week post blood work.  You have really been through it with the medical stuff post treatment and I'm so glad you are coming out the other side... and cured at that!!!

I appreciate your theory on the immune system re-adjusting itself. And thank you for posting the Chinese Medicine beliefs regarding the liver.  I knew it was a seat of emotions (anger, etc.), but that was about as much as I knew. I also knew that it was effecting me emotionally (just couldn't explain it).  No wonder I feel lighter!

Here's to unhooking from living the medical story and creating new patterns for living... it may take some time, but that's o.k.  I have to stop and remember to be patient and gentle with myself along the path!
Dx 1997 Geno 1a

SVR ACHIEVED!!! 
CURED YES!!!

Offline Cal

• Cal on Viekira Pak
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2015, 06:22:20 pm »
Hi Bree,
I'm so glad you started your thread of positivity. I knew you were he one to do it. You have an attitude that needs bottling and selling! I only hope to aspire to you. I'm afraid I'm a live from test to test type. I need the results to allow me to be happy. I know this is all wrong and mindfully, it does not take me to where I want to be happy and living in the moment. I see my mindfulness counsellor tomorrow, I am so much more open to thinking that way now. Kim, thank you for your TCM explanation. I think my liver has held me back from truly being happy. I suffered awful depression last year and it had lifted enormously as the virus lifts. Which makes sense.
I can still be happy with partial health. I am still a worthwhile human being. Thanks Bree. Cal :)
HCV 30 years. Geno 1A.
Veikira Pak with ribas on Compassionate Access.
Brisbane. Australia. began 21.8.15.
17 weeks.  Previous non responder 2011.
V/L 9 million
2 week V/L 54
12 weeks V/L UND
No 17 week  EOT V/L
EOT Post 4 weeks UND.

Offline Bree

« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2015, 08:52:22 pm »
Thank you Cal!  You are definitely a worthwhile human being!!!  Your contribution on the forum means so much to me! :)

I had a challenging day yesterday.  I was like, what happened to my pink cloud?
I overdid it and did too much this week.  Negative stuff with my two supposedly adult sons.  Tweaked my back.  None of it really to do with treatment or post treatment (I don't think)... it's just that life is in session.  I felt a little upset and tearful. 

But in my heart I know I have a new bonus about my health and it's a good one!  It's like a near death experience, it changes you and your point of view about what's important, so I know that I can keep on looking forward...

Dx 1997 Geno 1a

SVR ACHIEVED!!! 
CURED YES!!!

Offline slats1056

• SVR to all and to all a good life!
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2015, 10:47:23 pm »
 FREEBREE, don't sweat the small stuff!!! I am wishing that black cloud over to My thread where it belongs. To Much negativity & bad karma is marring Your beautiful happy place thread, Come to me little black cloud!!! I banish You from this thread for eternity!
 There, that ought to do it! No more bad juju allowed here on this thread!!! I won't have it I tell You!!!!
73 non ab 98 hep c refused pegint/riba
6-15 Gen.1b 1/2 MIL ALT72 AST37 No cirrhosis
7-15  Harvoni 12 weeks
10-14-15 EOT VIRAL LOAD NON-DET  
12-30-15 EOT+12 VIRAL LOAD NON DET  SVR12            8-9-18 HCV LOAD 1.02IU/ml AST22  ALT30 RELAPSE?
9-18-18 confirmed gt 1b relapse
10-16-18 approved 16 weeks Mavyret

Offline Bree

« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2015, 12:04:42 am »
Thank you Tommy for that... you are right.  This is the thread of promise for a beautiful future.  Caught being human... again!  Back to Making the Most of Post Treatment (or MMPT for short)! 8)

Dx 1997 Geno 1a

SVR ACHIEVED!!! 
CURED YES!!!

Offline Cal

• Cal on Viekira Pak
« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2015, 01:40:47 am »
Thank you Cal!  You are definitely a worthwhile human being!!!  Your contribution on the forum means so much to me! :)

I had a challenging day yesterday.  I was like, what happened to my pink cloud?
I overdid it and did too much this week.  Negative stuff with my two supposedly adult sons.  Tweaked my back.  None of it really to do with treatment or post treatment (I don't think)... it's just that life is in session.  I felt a little upset and tearful. 

But in my heart I know I have a new bonus about my health and it's a good one!  It's like a near death experience, it changes you and your point of view about what's important, so I know that I can keep on looking forward...
Thanks Bree,
Yes sounds like you had a life hiccup, s*** happens as they say! Tearful times sound pretty normal. Resume quickly where you were. Yes it is like a near death experience. I totally agree. You have to seize it as a wake up reminder. Cal :)
HCV 30 years. Geno 1A.
V/L 9 million
2 week V/L 54
12 weeks V/L UND
No 17 week  EOT V/L
EOT Post 4 weeks UND.

Offline Cal

• Cal on Viekira Pak
« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2015, 01:42:24 am »
Tommy,
I heard that word juju on a movie recently. What does it mean? Cal 8)
HCV 30 years. Geno 1A.
V/L 9 million
2 week V/L 54
12 weeks V/L UND
No 17 week  EOT V/L
EOT Post 4 weeks UND.

Offline Bree

« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2015, 01:53:02 am »
Thanks Bree,
Yes sounds like you had a life hiccup, s*** happens as they say! Tearful times sound pretty normal. Resume quickly where you were. Yes it is like a near death experience. I totally agree. You have to seize it as a wake up reminder. Cal :)

Yep, I'm back... took that detour this weekend, decided nah, I like the other road better!

Juju is kind of like vibes, or luck, or spirit... it will be interesting to see Tommy's definition. ha.
Dx 1997 Geno 1a

SVR ACHIEVED!!! 
CURED YES!!!

Offline Mary Jo

• "If not you, then who? If not now, then when?"
« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2015, 02:28:38 am »
What a great thread! While we all struggle w/ the virus, life does indeed go on. Some days are worse than others, and vice versa. I have "joked" for so long about "keeping it between the ditches" that it's my go-to. Sometimes no news is good news, sometimes no news is bad news--- sometimes no news is just no news. I have learned that the no news being no news is actually preferable, acceptable-- as opposed to the anything else that is suddenly too big for me to handle. So yes, I am all for finding out what "MMPT" will mean to me. It certainly can't be as awful as the alternative....
54/F
Genotype 1A
Contracted 1984-ish
Diagnosed 2004-ish
Liver Core Biopsy 2011:
No cirrhosis, stage 2 fibrosis
Opted OUT of Ribavirin/Interferon treatment
Blood levels 2015: AST 187, ALT 223
HCV Quant 715,000

Offline Cal

• Cal on Viekira Pak
« Reply #14 on: October 19, 2015, 04:55:00 am »
Mary Jo,
She's great isn't she? She's been like this all along. I swear she'll end up being a motivational speaker or something!

We have to get through tx and then 12-24 weeks of waiting, we can do it hard, or easy, it's a choice. I need to choose everyday unfortunately. I am learning to have more hope than doom in my heart though. It's a process. Cal :)
HCV 30 years. Geno 1A.
V/L 9 million
2 week V/L 54
12 weeks V/L UND
No 17 week  EOT V/L
EOT Post 4 weeks UND.

Offline slats1056

« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2015, 10:30:10 am »
 Cal, Bad JuJu is all that crap that is in that little black cloud that follows Me around.
LOL!! Good JuJu is all that good , bright , shiny wonderful stuff that is in Brees' little pink cloud.
7-15  Harvoni 12 weeks
12-30-15 EOT+12 VIRAL LOAD NON DET  SVR12            8-9-18 HCV LOAD 1.02IU/ml AST22  ALT30 RELAPSE?

Offline Mary Jo

• "If not you, then who? If not now, then when?"
« Reply #16 on: October 19, 2015, 12:39:11 pm »
Yes, she is great! I tend to be a sand-filled sock type person-- always looking for and expecting the worst. I have to learn a different way now and these threads help.
54/F
Genotype 1A
Contracted 1984-ish
Diagnosed 2004-ish
Liver Core Biopsy 2011:
No cirrhosis, stage 2 fibrosis
Opted OUT of Ribavirin/Interferon treatment
Blood levels 2015: AST 187, ALT 223
HCV Quant 715,000

Offline Bree

« Reply #17 on: October 19, 2015, 08:15:46 pm »
Ahh gee, thanks guys.  You have no idea how much that means to me at this moment.... And here I was feeling left out and isolated... (don't ask me why), it just swept me over.  Like tearful for no reason.... what's up with that.

Cal, guess what!  I am a motivational speaker (among other things)! ha.
(we have moments too)

Here's a great quote I found on FB:  Definition of an Optimist:
Someone who figures that taking a step backward after taking a step forward is not a disaster, it's more like a Cha-Cha!!!

Dx 1997 Geno 1a

SVR ACHIEVED!!! 
CURED YES!!!

Offline Scoutdoy

« Reply #18 on: October 20, 2015, 10:08:19 am »
Bree, well it feels good to make it to the other side! I actually walked over to the medicine cabinet to take my medicine and then I remembered, wait.....I am finished..I am so used to my daily routine that I thought oh what the heck and took a couple vitamins instead. I was supposed to go get blood tests yesterday but a strange man just walked into my home in the middle of the night into my living room and I was on the phone with 911 and the police swarmed my house. Had no idea who he was but it scared the shit out of me and my children. Kind of screwed up the whole day because I couldn't go back to sleep....soooo, I shall be going this morning for my blood test.

Go Royals
Scout
F/49yrs
Genotype 1a
infected 1987-tatoo/military?
Diagnosed 2007
Biopsy F-0
vl 13,900,000
AST 23
ALT 19
Harvoni Treatment 7/27/2015
4 week lab --<12 negative...AST 23 ALT 15
6 week lab -- Undetected.....AST 17 ALT 10
8 week lab---undetected.......AST15 Alt 10
12 week lab---UNDETECTED....AST 15 ALT 9
12 week EOT--1/13/2016----UNDETECTED!
24 week EOT ----UNDETECTED  --AST 18 ALT 12
I AM FREE!

Offline Bree

« Reply #19 on: October 20, 2015, 03:44:40 pm »
Bree, well it feels good to make it to the other side! I actually walked over to the medicine cabinet to take my medicine and then I remembered, wait.....I am finished..I am so used to my daily routine that I thought oh what the heck and took a couple vitamins instead. I was supposed to go get blood tests yesterday but a strange man just walked into my home in the middle of the night into my living room and I was on the phone with 911 and the police swarmed my house. Had no idea who he was but it scared the shit out of me and my children. Kind of screwed up the whole day because I couldn't go back to sleep....soooo, I shall be going this morning for my blood test.

Go Royals
Scout

Scout, Welcome to the other side!!! It's good over here!  I'm a happy camper.  It took me a few days to not notice about 9 p.m. my regular pill time, then I forgot about it.

Whoa, Scout, that's quite an experience!  That must have been really scary.  Did he leave on his own or did they take him away?  I can imagine that would mix up your day and night for sure. Good luck with your blood test! 

I see my infectious disease specialist today... haven't seen him since 6 weeks on treatment so that's about 2 months since I'm 3 weeks post.  He'll just go over blood work, which I have done for myself already.  He's a no nonsense kind of guy. 
Dx 1997 Geno 1a

SVR ACHIEVED!!! 
CURED YES!!!

Offline gnatcatcher

« Reply #20 on: October 20, 2015, 04:50:08 pm »
. . . I was supposed to go get blood tests yesterday but a strange man just walked into my home in the middle of the night into my living room and I was on the phone with 911 and the police swarmed my house. Had no idea who he was but it scared the shit out of me and my children. Kind of screwed up the whole day because I couldn't go back to sleep....soooo, I shall be going this morning for my blood test.

OMG! Glad you waited an extra day to take your labs. I don't know whether Freeze-Flight-Fight stress affects liver enzymes, but it can't hurt to give your body extra time to settle back down.
9/29/71 transfusions
HCV genotype 1a
7/09/15-9/30/15 Harvoni

Before treatment:
Viral Load 9,490,582
FibroScan 19.5 kPa [F4]
ALT 262
AST 217
ALP 183

Most recent:
VL still UNDETECTED (SVR 102)
FibroScan 7.6 kPa [F1-2]
ALT 15
AST 20
ALP 85

Offline Scoutdoy

« Reply #21 on: October 20, 2015, 05:49:55 pm »
Bree, yes the police took him away in handcuffs. I replaced all my door locks and window locks and added motion lights around my house. However, the front door wasn't locked. Uggggg, I went to bed early and none of the kids locked the door. I bet they do now! It's all good though. I was soo proud of them, no one freaked out and they remembered exactly what to do if something like this happens.

Go Royals
Scout
F/49yrs
Genotype 1a
Diagnosed 2007
Biopsy F-0
vl 13,900,000
AST 23
ALT 19
I AM FREE!

Offline Cal

• Cal on Viekira Pak
« Reply #22 on: October 20, 2015, 06:40:05 pm »
Tommy,
Aha , I don't like bad juju. I just realised what movie I heard it on. Silver linings play book. Great film. Cal :)
HCV 30 years. Geno 1A.
V/L 9 million
2 week V/L 54
12 weeks V/L UND
No 17 week  EOT V/L
EOT Post 4 weeks UND.

Offline Cal

• Cal on Viekira Pak
« Reply #23 on: October 20, 2015, 06:42:03 pm »
Mary jo,
I am too, but I am trying hard to change. We have too. We only get one bite at  this cherry called life. I want to be a happy optimistic person again. I let hep steal that from me. Cal :)
HCV 30 years. Geno 1A.
V/L 9 million
2 week V/L 54
12 weeks V/L UND
No 17 week  EOT V/L
EOT Post 4 weeks UND.

Offline Cal

• Cal on Viekira Pak
« Reply #24 on: October 20, 2015, 06:47:03 pm »
Ahh gee, thanks guys.  You have no idea how much that means to me at this moment.... And here I was feeling left out and isolated... (don't ask me why), it just swept me over.  Like tearful for no reason.... what's up with that.

Cal, guess what!  I am a motivational speaker (among other things)! ha.
(we have moments too)

Here's a great quote I found on FB:  Definition of an Optimist:
Someone who figures that taking a step backward after taking a step forward is not a disaster, it's more like a Cha-Cha!!!

Bree,
I think being teary after all this emotional upheaval is very normal, as us feeling isolated etc. you're so normal!

Your are a motivational Speaker! OMG, HIW DID I OUCK THAT. Hilarious. Seriously I'd come and see you. The fares tomHawaii are really reasonable at the moment. I may be there as an SVR celebration yet! I'll come see you and you can give me a private motivational speak! Cal :)
HCV 30 years. Geno 1A.
V/L 9 million
2 week V/L 54
12 weeks V/L UND
No 17 week  EOT V/L
EOT Post 4 weeks UND.

Offline Cal

• Cal on Viekira Pak
« Reply #25 on: October 20, 2015, 06:47:47 pm »
That's meant to say "how did I'm pick that"
HCV 30 years. Geno 1A.
V/L 9 million
2 week V/L 54
12 weeks V/L UND
No 17 week  EOT V/L
EOT Post 4 weeks UND.

Offline Cal

• Cal on Viekira Pak
« Reply #26 on: October 20, 2015, 06:52:35 pm »
Bree, well it feels good to make it to the other side! I actually walked over to the medicine cabinet to take my medicine and then I remembered, wait.....I am finished..I am so used to my daily routine that I thought oh what the heck and took a couple vitamins instead. I was supposed to go get blood tests yesterday but a strange man just walked into my home in the middle of the night into my living room and I was on the phone with 911 and the police swarmed my house. Had no idea who he was but it scared the shit out of me and my children. Kind of screwed up the whole day because I couldn't go back to sleep....soooo, I shall be going this morning

Scout that's terrible! You poor thing! Are you ok? Did he break in? At least your UND...........hehe...keep on remembering that. Cal :)
HCV 30 years. Geno 1A.
V/L 9 million
2 week V/L 54
12 weeks V/L UND
No 17 week  EOT V/L
EOT Post 4 weeks UND.

Offline Cal

• Cal on Viekira Pak
« Reply #27 on: October 20, 2015, 06:55:25 pm »
Bree,
Good luck at the Specialist. He may give you some positive feedback, it's always nice to here good thing so from those kind if people. Cal :)
HCV 30 years. Geno 1A.
V/L 9 million
2 week V/L 54
12 weeks V/L UND
No 17 week  EOT V/L
EOT Post 4 weeks UND.

Offline Cal

• Cal on Viekira Pak
« Reply #28 on: October 20, 2015, 06:56:32 pm »
Hi Gnatty,
How's every little thing? Cal :)
HCV 30 years. Geno 1A.
V/L 9 million
2 week V/L 54
12 weeks V/L UND
No 17 week  EOT V/L
EOT Post 4 weeks UND.

Offline Cal

• Cal on Viekira Pak
« Reply #29 on: October 20, 2015, 07:00:29 pm »
Scout,
Great that you sorted the security. It's so easy to forget to lock up, with my kids coming and going at all hours, no one thinks of security other than me. What an experience to see a man taken off in handcuffs. How old are the kids. Mine are young men but I call them kids! Cal :)
HCV 30 years. Geno 1A.
V/L 9 million
2 week V/L 54
12 weeks V/L UND
No 17 week  EOT V/L
EOT Post 4 weeks UND.

Offline Scoutdoy

« Reply #30 on: October 21, 2015, 01:07:12 am »
Cal, my daughter is 17 and my son is 7....I had my son pretty late in life..I was 42 and my husband was 52. We were a little surprised that is for sure...LOL...

Scout
F/49yrs
Genotype 1a
Diagnosed 2007
Biopsy F-0
vl 13,900,000
AST 23
ALT 19
I AM FREE!

Offline Cal

• Cal on Viekira Pak
« Reply #31 on: October 21, 2015, 04:03:46 am »
Scout,
What a beautiful surprise. Only 7yo? Is he scared by what happened? Cal
HCV 30 years. Geno 1A.
V/L 9 million
2 week V/L 54
12 weeks V/L UND
No 17 week  EOT V/L
EOT Post 4 weeks UND.

Offline Scoutdoy

« Reply #32 on: October 21, 2015, 09:57:40 am »
Cal, they are ok. We had always had a plan for if something like this were to happen and they followed it to a tee...he did ask if the bad man was going to take his toys,,,,ahhhhh to be innocent..they could see the police come get the guys from their hiding spot. It's all good.

Scout
F/49yrs
Genotype 1a
Diagnosed 2007
Biopsy F-0
vl 13,900,000
AST 23
ALT 19
I AM FREE!

Offline beto

• "no risk it, no biscuit"
« Reply #33 on: October 21, 2015, 10:58:51 am »
Scout- wow, very creepy feeling of violation, and with kids in the house.  Hope you are OK, those things challenge our sense of safety.  Years ago I had a break in encounter that did not go well.  A story for a different time and thread.

Cal- very funny..." at least she's undetected" hehe...cal you are a deck of cards.

Bree- Easy to imagine you as a moto speaker.  Your sensitivity is apparent and you wear your heart and mind on your sleeve in the spirit of good communication.  Thanks for you words and for this thread that I only today discovered.

In my case, the positives are creeping in... but the gratefulness has been a constant.  Allowing that part of ourselves into our lives again is a matter of getting re-acquainted with self.  As we lift the veil we can be flooded with emotions.  The good ones are reminders of our potentials... the tough love emotions keep us honest.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2015, 11:00:40 am by beto »
HCV/nonA,nonB acute phase 1975
HCV detected active 1990
HCV persistent chronic diagnosis 1995
1995 liver enzymes mild elevations
1996 Biopsy F2 fibrosis
treatment naive geno 1-A
2000-to early 2015 Viral load 150, 000 to 800, 000
recent liver enzymes before treatment alt/ast 59to209,  Fibroscan F4,cirrhosis
start tx Harvoni 7/11/2015
6.5 week-UD-ast/alt 25/25
9wk-UD-ast18 alt23
10/3/15 completed tx
11/5/15 new fibroscan f0-f1 amazed
6wk EOT UD ast/alt 20/20
12EOT-UD-ast/alt19/21
25wk-SVR! 19/18

Offline lporterrn

• LucindaPorterRN
    • LucindaPorterRN
« Reply #34 on: October 21, 2015, 11:00:27 am »
Bree - I've been away, and just saw your post. What a gift! Thank you for doing this. It is brilliant!
Lucinda Porter, RN
1988 Contracted HCV
1997 Interferon nonresponder
2003 PEG + ribavirin responder-relapser
2013 Cured (Harvoni + ribavirin clinical trial)
https://www.hepmag.com/blogger/lucindakporter

Offline Bree

« Reply #35 on: October 23, 2015, 07:43:55 pm »
After a busy few days, I'm just catching up with my thread!  My heart is singing from what you all have written!

The truth is I need this forum as a touchstone... not for symptoms (maybe sometimes)... but to navigate living a complete, full and joyful life post treatment. I feel like the promise of a beautiful life is worth pursuing.

Scout, didn't you know, being UND gives you superpowers against intruders :)

Beto, Mahalo for your kind words and your thoughtful responses.

Cal, you are a really cool person... love your vibe!
(Specialist was his usual self, I guess it's me who needs to change my expectation). Ha.

Lucinda, thank you!   I read a post somewhere where you are asking, what about the good side effects?  I was feeling the exact same way.  I want to share the good stuff and encourage more people to seek a cure and not be afraid, or be afraid and do it anyway!
Dx 1997 Geno 1a

SVR ACHIEVED!!! 
CURED YES!!!

Offline Bree

« Reply #36 on: October 23, 2015, 07:48:08 pm »
I heard this from a guy down at the beach this morning (yep, that's how I started my day).... he said:

"If I am not in awe I am not paying attention!"

Couldn't agree more...
Dx 1997 Geno 1a

SVR ACHIEVED!!! 
CURED YES!!!

Offline lporterrn

• LucindaPorterRN
    • LucindaPorterRN
« Reply #37 on: October 23, 2015, 08:02:31 pm »
I just nabbed that quote and I am putting it on my FB page. Beautiful!!
Lucinda Porter, RN
1988 Contracted HCV

Offline Bree

« Reply #38 on: October 23, 2015, 08:31:01 pm »
I just nabbed that quote and I am putting it on my FB page. Beautiful!!

That's great Lucinda!  I sometimes say "I'm in shock and awe" or "I'm awestruck every day" (easy to say where I live)... but this quote is a reminder to choose what I'm paying attention to. 
Dx 1997 Geno 1a

SVR ACHIEVED!!! 
CURED YES!!!

Offline Cal

• Cal on Viekira Pak
« Reply #39 on: October 25, 2015, 01:44:50 am »
Hi scout,
Glad you and the kids had a plan for a contingency like this. In Australia we don't think of things like that, but it's starting to get that way. Dear little one about bad man taking the toys! Cal :)
HCV 30 years. Geno 1A.
V/L 9 million
2 week V/L 54
12 weeks V/L UND
No 17 week  EOT V/L
EOT Post 4 weeks UND.

Offline Cal

• Cal on Viekira Pak
« Reply #40 on: October 25, 2015, 01:47:55 am »
After a busy few days, I'm just catching up with my thread!  My heart is singing from what you all have written!

The truth is I need this forum as a touchstone... not for symptoms (maybe sometimes)... but to navigate living a complete, full and joyful life post treatment. I feel like the promise of a beautiful life is worth pursuing.

Scout, didn't you know, being UND gives you superpowers against intruders :)
 :) :)
Beto, Mahalo for your kind words and your thoughtful responses.

Cal, you are a really cool person... love your vibe!
(Specialist was his usual self, I guess it's me who needs to change my expectation). Ha.

Lucinda, thank you!   I read a post somewhere where you are asking, what about the good side effects?  I was feeling the exact same way.  I want to share the good stuff and encourage more people to seek a cure and not be afraid, or be afraid and do it anyway!
Oh dear Bree
We need you and this thread as much as you need us. You are beautiful. Cal :)
HCV 30 years. Geno 1A.
V/L 9 million
2 week V/L 54
12 weeks V/L UND
No 17 week  EOT V/L
EOT Post 4 weeks UND.

Offline Cal

• Cal on Viekira Pak
« Reply #41 on: October 25, 2015, 01:49:31 am »
I heard this from a guy down at the beach this morning (yep, that's how I started my day).... he said:

"If I am not in awe I am not paying attention!"

Couldn't agree more...
brilliant and accurate quote. Cal :)
HCV 30 years. Geno 1A.
V/L 9 million
2 week V/L 54
12 weeks V/L UND
No 17 week  EOT V/L
EOT Post 4 weeks UND.

Offline Bree

« Reply #42 on: October 25, 2015, 01:55:40 am »
Oh dear Bree
We need you and this thread as much as you need us. You are beautiful. Cal :)

Cal, YOU are beautiful!!!
Dx 1997 Geno 1a

SVR ACHIEVED!!! 
CURED YES!!!

Offline beto

« Reply #43 on: October 25, 2015, 12:44:43 pm »
Is it my imagination or is there more estrogen on this forum than testosterone.  Seriously, I wonder what the ratio is.  Women tend to communicate better.  I guess that would be a question for Lucinda.  I also would be curious as to the hepatitis general numbers M to F.

BTW, this question has nothing to do with Bree and Cals heartfelt exchange...But it did have me looking for a hanky  :) :) :)
HCV detected active 1990
1996 Biopsy F2 fibrosis
treatment naive geno 1-A
9wk-UD-ast18 alt23
10/3/15 completed tx
6wk EOT UD ast/alt 20/20
12EOT-UD-ast/alt19/21
25wk-SVR! 19/18

Offline lporterrn

• LucindaPorterRN
    • LucindaPorterRN
« Reply #44 on: October 25, 2015, 02:29:53 pm »
I don't know the answer to the male vs female ratio, but I do know that this forum seems to have a lot of wisdom regardless of chromosomes. I learn a lot here, mostly about how to be a kinder human being. 
Lucinda Porter, RN
1988 Contracted HCV

Offline beto

« Reply #45 on: October 25, 2015, 06:40:09 pm »
hey all,

I could not start a new topic for this...if I am out of line here, its OK to be mad at me.  But, anyway I had been wondering how much time I have spent on this forum and I figured quite a bit.  I looked it up and I have spent a; Day, 21 hrs and 1 minute at this since maybe end of June.  I have posted 161 times and started 3 topics. So I then wondered how I stacked up against y'all.  Well... :)this is in the spirit of the fact we find the support almost addictive.  We spend a bunch of time with one another...just sayin'... so below are the top ten posters by quantity of posts...sorry for the highjack, I could not help myself.

Lynn K 1,556 lporterrn 1,272 Mike 922 KimInTheForest 877 BattleTheBeast 807 Katie 731 Cal 603 dragonslayer 541 Philadelphia 477 sunrise 458

Cool huh?  There are all kinds of stats.  I need a new hobby :)
HCV detected active 1990
1996 Biopsy F2 fibrosis
treatment naive geno 1-A
9wk-UD-ast18 alt23
10/3/15 completed tx
6wk EOT UD ast/alt 20/20
12EOT-UD-ast/alt19/21
25wk-SVR! 19/18

Offline Bree

« Reply #46 on: October 25, 2015, 07:11:42 pm »
You are good here Beto.  This is the thread that welcomes all!

Question:  The time you spent... is that where it shows how much time logged in?
For me it's 3 days, 37 minutes (I knew I wasn't getting my work done!).
Dx 1997 Geno 1a

SVR ACHIEVED!!! 
CURED YES!!!

Offline beto

« Reply #47 on: October 25, 2015, 07:59:41 pm »
Yes, if you string all the time you spent posting and reading posts together, it comes out to the three days and change.  You are a busy buckeroo.
HCV detected active 1990
1996 Biopsy F2 fibrosis
treatment naive geno 1-A
9wk-UD-ast18 alt23
10/3/15 completed tx
6wk EOT UD ast/alt 20/20
12EOT-UD-ast/alt19/21
25wk-SVR! 19/18

Offline Bree

« Reply #48 on: October 25, 2015, 10:14:05 pm »
Yes, if you string all the time you spent posting and reading posts together, it comes out to the three days and change.  You are a busy buckeroo.

Totally worth the investment....Support and education received, and friends made:  Priceless!!! 8)
Dx 1997 Geno 1a

SVR ACHIEVED!!! 
CURED YES!!!

Offline Cal

• Cal on Viekira Pak
« Reply #49 on: October 25, 2015, 10:57:34 pm »
Crikey,
I'll come clean, I need the support and I get it. Thank you everyone :-* Cal
HCV 30 years. Geno 1A.
V/L 9 million
2 week V/L 54
12 weeks V/L UND
No 17 week  EOT V/L
EOT Post 4 weeks UND.

Offline Scoutdoy

« Reply #50 on: October 25, 2015, 11:18:52 pm »
Holy cow Cal, I absolutely cannot stop eating since I need treatment! I didn't eat much during treatment, but man I am making up for it now..everything just tastes so good. I lost about 10 lbs during treatment, and pretty sure I have gained 8 back since last Sunday,,,feeling good though. I have my end of treatment with doc on Tuesday...gonna have to give a good report of my experience taking Harvoni....now where is that ice cream!

Scout
F/49yrs
Genotype 1a
Diagnosed 2007
Biopsy F-0
vl 13,900,000
AST 23
ALT 19
I AM FREE!

Offline willie g

« Reply #51 on: October 26, 2015, 12:13:38 am »
 :o well I just stopped by,supercalifragilisexpeealidochous,   no sleep of any great lengths this past few days ,took off for the woods thinking that would help. no whyfi where I go,, what a different world,,, whyfyin it,versus no whyfyin,  people vs. no people, before I did this treatment I was constantly trying to get away and heck most of the time it was great,i always  thought getting away was the whipcream on top of the cake,, now I seem to be eating all the cake first and leaving the frosting behind,is that age? , or post treatment signs?  signs of what? also no more of those nasty pickles on McDonald's cheeseburgers,,,  what the hell,,i got into an argument once because they didn't put the pickles on,,,SO,,, am I to expect more of these weird little trails off the little trails I was already on and the big question is when I get done taking all those new extra trails will I, 'yes,will I get to start all over again and because of all the great ,needed, support I have finally seen I have received will I JUST WILLIE    be starting in a much kinder softer place than where I started before??/  I am sure you ALL know what I mean[ya RIGHT I gotta,better chance of 100 dollar bills coming out of the sky as we go off to work or whatever on Monday] but we all must admit the real deal support you get from REAL DEAL situations is a glorious thing and I will be honest with you ,a year and a half a go or so I didn't even know how to use a word such as GLORIOUS [I still have to use spell check though ha he]let alone really even caring about it]   em mm  should I post? shouldn't I post?Emma them darn woods can sure do something to ones imagination as well as tester on, estrogon  constDA   paTION,,     to sum it up this has been a good page with lots of 'THE REAL DEAL''[if I am not in awe,[its tough remembering things like this for me]then I am not paying attention,     10 times I've said it and lets hope tomorrow when I spring it on my dog I don't screw it up Lol    so BETO!!    SURVEY SAYS!?     ''JUST willie g  GatorFalls    are we blessed or what?

Offline beto

« Reply #52 on: October 26, 2015, 10:46:02 am »
And the answer is...blessed

peace
HCV detected active 1990
1996 Biopsy F2 fibrosis
treatment naive geno 1-A
9wk-UD-ast18 alt23
10/3/15 completed tx
6wk EOT UD ast/alt 20/20
12EOT-UD-ast/alt19/21
25wk-SVR! 19/18

Offline willie g

« Reply #53 on: October 26, 2015, 01:27:11 pm »
WAY TO GO    BETO!     keep up the good work!    ''just willie g''

Offline Bree

« Reply #54 on: October 26, 2015, 01:42:23 pm »
One word:  AWE!!! :) :) :)
Dx 1997 Geno 1a

SVR ACHIEVED!!! 
CURED YES!!!

Offline Cal

• Cal on Viekira Pak
« Reply #55 on: October 27, 2015, 06:16:14 pm »
Scout,
I've got the same problem at about 8 weeks I got my appetite back and ate like a proverbial. Now have put back on all the weight I lost. Now I have to Stop! Cal
HCV 30 years. Geno 1A.
V/L 9 million
2 week V/L 54
12 weeks V/L UND
No 17 week  EOT V/L
EOT Post 4 weeks UND.

Offline KimInTheForest

• Believe in yourself
« Reply #56 on: October 27, 2015, 08:10:55 pm »
Scout,
I've got the same problem at about 8 weeks I got my appetite back and ate like a proverbial. Now have put back on all the weight I lost. Now I have to Stop! Cal

I've been baking and eating shortbread cookies non-stop for the last few weeks, since recovering from my post-tx mystery malaise and major appetite suppression during tx. I just crave them ferociously. The sugar is minimal because I cut it way back from what the recipe calls for. But there's a tablespoon of butter in each one… They're quite tasty! ;)

kim
MY STORY: https://pigsquash.wordpress.com/2016/01/28/undetectable-my-hep-c-story/

Offline Cal

• Cal on Viekira Pak
« Reply #57 on: October 27, 2015, 10:14:34 pm »
Wow,
We'll all be on a weight watchers forum next! Cal :-\
HCV 30 years. Geno 1A.
V/L 9 million
2 week V/L 54
12 weeks V/L UND
No 17 week  EOT V/L
EOT Post 4 weeks UND.

Offline Bree

« Reply #58 on: October 27, 2015, 10:16:46 pm »
I've been baking and eating shortbread cookies non-stop for the last few weeks, since recovering from my post-tx mystery malaise and major appetite suppression during tx. I just crave them ferociously. The sugar is minimal because I cut it way back from what the recipe calls for. But there's a tablespoon of butter in each one… They're quite tasty! ;)

kim

Now that's what I call making the most of the post treatment (MMPT)!  8)
Dx 1997 Geno 1a

SVR ACHIEVED!!! 
CURED YES!!!

Offline slats1056

« Reply #59 on: October 27, 2015, 10:21:30 pm »
 Man, You guys are making Me hungry!!!!!LOL!! This weekend I made a big pot of Jambalaya with two kinds of sausage, chicken, and shrimp. It was so good that when I went back for the leftovers, none was left. BTW, the kids love it when I cook, don't tell My wife though!!!!
7-15  Harvoni 12 weeks

Offline Cal

• Cal on Viekira Pak
« Reply #60 on: October 28, 2015, 02:20:07 am »
OK Tommy,
What the hell is Jambalaya????? :o :-[ Cal
HCV 30 years. Geno 1A.
V/L 9 million
2 week V/L 54
12 weeks V/L UND
No 17 week  EOT V/L
EOT Post 4 weeks UND.

Offline slats1056

« Reply #61 on: October 28, 2015, 12:27:22 pm »
 It's a spicy rice based Cajun/Creole staple dish that You can use just about any meat. poultry, seafood or a mixture of all of them to. It feeds a lot of people for a little money. on top of that it tastes great. It's kind of like when I make soup. Any meat in the freezer is going in it , any and all veggies I can get My hands on, any odd canned goods in the pantry , rice , pasta, beans---- You name it & I'll make something with it!!! Oh Yea, I like it SPICY too.
7-15  Harvoni 12 weeks

Offline rt2cup

« Reply #62 on: October 28, 2015, 02:40:32 pm »
been reading the various posts on this forum....will soon do my post treatment blood work to determine if I have cleared the virus.

Probably got infected late 60's
genotype 1b 
IL28B  CT genotype
did pegolate inferno/ribivian treatment, 48 wks.  (excused spelling)
cleared but 6 months later, virus came roaring back.  This was early 2000's
My AST/ALT levels have vary over the years.
Biposy needle, show fibrosis, normally mild
Ultrasound, several by now, show some increase in fibrosis
VL has been all over the map:

12/10/2002:  <10
04/09/2003:  22,500,000  (this was during initial treatment)
05/16/2004:  58,900,000  (HCV RNA Qn IU/mL)
07/14/2005:  >2,000,000
03/24/2015:  124610 IU/mL  or  5.096 HCV Log10

Blood test to determine fibrosis came back not able to calculate.

Will provide results of treatment in 3 weeks.

Offline Bree

« Reply #63 on: October 28, 2015, 02:56:42 pm »
been reading the various posts on this forum....will soon do my post treatment blood work to determine if I have cleared the virus.

Probably got infected late 60's
genotype 1b 
IL28B  CT genotype
did pegolate inferno/ribivian treatment, 48 wks.  (excused spelling)
cleared but 6 months later, virus came roaring back.  This was early 2000's
My AST/ALT levels have vary over the years.
Biposy needle, show fibrosis, normally mild
Ultrasound, several by now, show some increase in fibrosis
VL has been all over the map:

12/10/2002:  <10
04/09/2003:  22,500,000  (this was during initial treatment)
05/16/2004:  58,900,000  (HCV RNA Qn IU/mL)
07/14/2005:  >2,000,000
03/24/2015:  124610 IU/mL  or  5.096 HCV Log10

Blood test to determine fibrosis came back not able to calculate.

Will provide results of treatment in 3 weeks.

Welcome rt2cup!!!  What treatment did you do this time?
Dx 1997 Geno 1a

SVR ACHIEVED!!! 
CURED YES!!!

Offline Cal

• Cal on Viekira Pak
« Reply #64 on: October 28, 2015, 05:11:22 pm »
It's a spicy rice based Cajun/Creole staple dish that You can use just about any meat. poultry, seafood or a mixture of all of them to. It feeds a lot of people for a little money. on top of that it tastes great. It's kind of like when I make soup. Any meat in the freezer is going in it , any and all veggies I can get My hands on, any odd canned goods in the pantry , rice , pasta, beans---- You name it & I'll make something with it!!! Oh Yea, I like it SPICY too.
thanks Tommy,
Sounds yummy. That's how I cook too. I hate cooking personally, so my poor family have a repertoire if about 7 meals. I cook what I remember and  what's in the fridge.  They've survived! Cal :)
HCV 30 years. Geno 1A.
V/L 9 million
2 week V/L 54
12 weeks V/L UND
No 17 week  EOT V/L
EOT Post 4 weeks UND.

Offline Cal

• Cal on Viekira Pak
« Reply #65 on: October 28, 2015, 05:13:33 pm »
Hi RT2cup,
Are these your end if treatment bloods it 12 week post tx bloods? Good luck. Cal :)
HCV 30 years. Geno 1A.
V/L 9 million
2 week V/L 54
12 weeks V/L UND
No 17 week  EOT V/L
EOT Post 4 weeks UND.

Offline rt2cup

« Reply #66 on: October 28, 2015, 08:17:47 pm »
harvoni  12 weeks   finished pills in mid-August   

I will go clinic for blood work first week of November and visit my doctor November 11th.

I will post results shortly thereafter for the forum.

Offline Cal

• Cal on Viekira Pak
« Reply #67 on: October 29, 2015, 08:38:03 pm »
rt2cup,
Yes please keep us posted. Cal :)
HCV 30 years. Geno 1A.
V/L 9 million
2 week V/L 54
12 weeks V/L UND
No 17 week  EOT V/L
EOT Post 4 weeks UND.

Offline Bree

« Reply #68 on: October 29, 2015, 09:09:07 pm »
harvoni  12 weeks   finished pills in mid-August   

I will go clinic for blood work first week of November and visit my doctor November 11th.

I will post results shortly thereafter for the forum.

Sounds great rt2cup, we'll be awaiting your great news!
Dx 1997 Geno 1a

SVR ACHIEVED!!! 
CURED YES!!!

Offline Bree

« Reply #69 on: December 19, 2015, 03:38:16 pm »
Wow... I've been pretty scarce on the forum lately... I do check in here and there.
I've been doing my best to live life, whatever it brings, during this post time.

I'm also doing my best not to give too much power to misc. perceived symptoms, little aches in the liver, etc.  All blood work is good except low platelets (88), lower that normal, which is strange.  My docs don't seem alarmed so I won't be either. 

I was UND at 6 weeks post, a very, very good sign.  That helped to relieve tensions around this post period time.  I'm going Monday for my 12 weeks post.  Kind of exciting I think... it's amazing how much awareness we have around that benchmark blood tests.  I feel like it's gone... I'm not peak every minute of every day, but I just feel like it's gone.

There's a whole slew of us post treatment that are coming up on 12 week post as we finished within about a week of each other.  I feel a bond with you all... I'm still hoping we might make that documentary in Hawaii in 2016. 
We have a writer and film person in our mix too!!!   Love, Bree
Dx 1997 Geno 1a

SVR ACHIEVED!!! 
CURED YES!!!

Offline beto

« Reply #70 on: December 19, 2015, 05:34:18 pm »
Rock on Bree,

Headed down to get my 12 this week too...a few days shy of the mark.  Just wondering, is 12 weeks still the gold standard?  So many folks are looking at 24 now.  I just want to be done already.  It's gonna go great for us this week.  Wish i could get the results before xmas. peace
HCV detected active 1990
1996 Biopsy F2 fibrosis
treatment naive geno 1-A
9wk-UD-ast18 alt23
10/3/15 completed tx
6wk EOT UD ast/alt 20/20
12EOT-UD-ast/alt19/21
25wk-SVR! 19/18

Offline Scoutdoy

« Reply #71 on: December 19, 2015, 06:47:52 pm »
My 12 week EOT test is Jan 11....so I am right behind you guys! I have a feeling it's gonna be a good year for us all!

Scout
F/49yrs
Genotype 1a
Diagnosed 2007
Biopsy F-0
vl 13,900,000
AST 23
ALT 19
I AM FREE!

Offline KimInTheForest

• Believe in yourself
« Reply #72 on: December 19, 2015, 07:04:08 pm »
I feel a bond with you all... I'm still hoping we might make that documentary in Hawaii in 2016. 
We have a writer and film person in our mix too!!!   Love, Bree

Let's rock that Hawaii filmmaking party in 2016! Shades on.  8)

kim

Offline Bree

« Reply #73 on: December 19, 2015, 07:06:06 pm »
Rock on Bree,

Headed down to get my 12 this week too...a few days shy of the mark.  Just wondering, is 12 weeks still the gold standard?  So many folks are looking at 24 now.  I just want to be done already.  It's gonna go great for us this week.  Wish i could get the results before xmas. peace

Hey Beto,  Yes, I was going to have my blood work a bit early for Christmas but didn't work out that way.  I figure I'll have the LFT back before and if they are normal, it's a pretty good indicator.  Expecting the best...

I called and spoke with the nurse at Gilead Support Path and they are calling 12 week "Cured".  I think it was 24, and now 12 is considered cured.  24 week is money in the bank!  (My doc still goes by 24, I had to insist on 12, but I study stuff more than he does;)  8)  YEA US!!!!
Dx 1997 Geno 1a

SVR ACHIEVED!!! 
CURED YES!!!

Offline Bree

« Reply #74 on: December 19, 2015, 07:08:16 pm »
My 12 week EOT test is Jan 11....so I am right behind you guys! I have a feeling it's gonna be a good year for us all!

Scout

Hey Scout, that will be a good start to the NEW YEAR.  I read on another post all the things you have gone through and I could hear your empowerment behind it all.  Good for you... reminds me of me;) Great to hear from you!
Dx 1997 Geno 1a

SVR ACHIEVED!!! 
CURED YES!!!

Offline Bree

« Reply #75 on: December 19, 2015, 07:09:15 pm »
Let's rock that Hawaii filmmaking party in 2016! Shades on.  8)

kim

Agree!!! Shades on!!!  I'm serious yall... we can do this! 8)
Dx 1997 Geno 1a

SVR ACHIEVED!!! 
CURED YES!!!

Offline Scoutdoy

« Reply #76 on: December 19, 2015, 11:46:57 pm »
Bree, I decided that this was the year of "me" got rid of some luggage, went to the doc and got put on Harvoni, went through the treatment and 2016 is my starting over point and I am ready

Scout
F/49yrs
Genotype 1a
Diagnosed 2007
Biopsy F-0
vl 13,900,000
AST 23
ALT 19
I AM FREE!

Offline Bree

« Reply #77 on: December 20, 2015, 12:45:34 am »
Bree, I decided that this was the year of "me" got rid of some luggage, went to the doc and got put on Harvoni, went through the treatment and 2016 is my starting over point and I am ready

Scout

I hear you Scout, I hear you!!!  I'm ready too for some awesome new beginnings!
Dx 1997 Geno 1a

SVR ACHIEVED!!! 
CURED YES!!!

Offline rt2cup

« Reply #78 on: December 20, 2015, 10:40:17 am »
rt2cup,
Yes please keep us posted. Cal :)

I have posted results of post-12 weeks of treatment, must be on another thread.   I had good news, my viral load is undetected.  As in other posts, virus undetected during treatment and now undetected 12 weeks after end of treatment.

I have requested a 24 week follow-up to insure the viral load is undetected.  One of my liver markers is still out of range.  I assume if the virus is gone both AST and ATL will be within the normal range at the 24 week mark unless something else is going on. 

So it looks like I have cleared the virus.   

Offline jakas

« Reply #79 on: December 20, 2015, 11:22:46 am »
Please update your profile signature, so we dont need to ask gentype, viral load etc. etc. :)
M/57 yrs.
Contracted (Unknown) 10-20-30 yrs back ??
Treatment Naive
Geno 1a&1b
VL  17+ million
ALT 200+, AST 170+
Fibroscan F4 ( 26+ kpa ) on 8th Dec. 2105
Started Tx 11th Dec.2015 ( 12 wks. Gilead Harvoni)
7/1/2016 :Viral Load|<25 UND.
23/1/2016: ALT 34 , AST 35, ALP 143
8 week NO labs done
EOT:03.03.2016 ( 84 pills eaten )
ALT 26, ALP 124, BIL .54
V/L <25 UND E.O.T.
4 weeks E.O.T. V/L UND::: SVR 4
SVR 12 and  SVR 24 on 16/8/16
Fibro 24.5kpa 23/05/16
SVR 63 05/17
Fibro 17.03.2020 kpa 6.3

Offline Bree

« Reply #80 on: December 20, 2015, 03:15:16 pm »
I have posted results of post-12 weeks of treatment, must be on another thread.   I had good news, my viral load is undetected.  As in other posts, virus undetected during treatment and now undetected 12 weeks after end of treatment.

I have requested a 24 week follow-up to insure the viral load is undetected.  One of my liver markers is still out of range.  I assume if the virus is gone both AST and ATL will be within the normal range at the 24 week mark unless something else is going on. 

rt2cup,  Congratulations and thanks for letting us know!!!!  That's awesome news!!! Bree
Dx 1997 Geno 1a

SVR ACHIEVED!!! 
CURED YES!!!

Offline Cal

• Cal on Viekira Pak
« Reply #81 on: December 20, 2015, 06:29:33 pm »

Big congratulations! You did it.  I am UND still 1 week post EOT but my ALP has been steadily rising during tx. I am to have a scan for gall stones. Always something as HCV is the gift that keeps on giving. But good on you! Cal :)
HCV 30 years. Geno 1A.
V/L 9 million
2 week V/L 54
12 weeks V/L UND
No 17 week  EOT V/L
EOT Post 4 weeks UND.

Offline beto

« Reply #82 on: December 21, 2015, 11:50:38 am »
Hey Bree!!,

So I am jumping the gun and getting blood work done 5 days premature of the exact date of eot12.  I know it is splitting hairs to wonder if 11 weeks and two days = 12 weeks.  We get so particular over anything that has to do with treatment protocols.

What's five days right?  Thing is...I wonder is this really any more meaningful than the 6 week test when push comes to shove.  Whats everyone else think...I'm going in just a few hours.
HCV detected active 1990
1996 Biopsy F2 fibrosis
treatment naive geno 1-A
9wk-UD-ast18 alt23
10/3/15 completed tx
6wk EOT UD ast/alt 20/20
12EOT-UD-ast/alt19/21
25wk-SVR! 19/18

Offline Bree

« Reply #83 on: December 21, 2015, 12:47:58 pm »
Beto, I'm at lab now!  7:30 a.m. as plane with blood work leaves at 8:30...I think 11 or 12 weeks about the same!  Yea for us!!!
Dx 1997 Geno 1a

SVR ACHIEVED!!! 
CURED YES!!!

Offline beto

« Reply #84 on: December 21, 2015, 07:22:39 pm »
Done...labs have my blood, no turning back...gives me the heebie-jeebies.  On winter solstice.  My blood looked thick and dark red.  Hoping for a zero vl christmas.   
HCV detected active 1990
1996 Biopsy F2 fibrosis
treatment naive geno 1-A
9wk-UD-ast18 alt23
10/3/15 completed tx
6wk EOT UD ast/alt 20/20
12EOT-UD-ast/alt19/21
25wk-SVR! 19/18

Offline dragonslayerinprogress

« Reply #85 on: December 21, 2015, 07:58:13 pm »
How do you go from Cirrhosis to non damaged liver?
Geno 2b
dx in 1990, 52 years old
Origin: unsure. Might have been infected at birth
Tx Naive
Pre tx labs 12/7/15
VL 1,315,890 6.119
ALT 188
AST 161
Started tx Solvadi/Ribavirin on 1/19/16
4 weeks undetected
8 weeks undetected
12 weeks undetected
16 weeks undetected
20 weeks undetected
24 weeks...no testing
EOT 4 wks UNDETECTED
ALT 34
AST 42
EOT 8 wks- UNDETECTED
ALT 38
AST 50
Platelets 49

Offline Lynn K

• Global Moderator
  • Get tested, get treated, get cured, fight Hep c!
« Reply #86 on: December 22, 2015, 12:26:31 am »
Hi Dragonslayerinprogress

First up you need to stop hep c and the liver damage it is causing. Are you currently on treatment and seeing a liver specialist like a hepatologist or gastroenterologist?

Unfortunately there is no magic bullet for curing liver cirrhosis. Cirrhosis means our livers are heavily scarred and damaged. Previously it has been said cirrhosis is incurable.

But newer studies are saying with cure of hep c those of us with cirrhosis may begin to see improvement in our livers over many year with proper care and being kind to our livers by maintaining proper weight and heating a healthy diet.

The good news it that with cure of hep c our livers won't continue to be damaged and get worse which could eventually leading to liver failure. Plus being at elevated risk for liver cancer HCC.

At minimum our livers won't get any worse and may improve with time and our risk of HCC drops but we will still be at risk for HCC . We will need to have abdominal ultrasounds and AFP blood test every 6 months to monitor for possible liver cancer likely for the rest of our lives.

With cure of hep c we likely will live a normal life span even with having liver cirrhosis.

Good luck
Lynn
Genotype 1a
1978 contracted, 1990 Dx
1995 Intron A failed
2001 Interferon Riba null response
2003 Pegintron Riba trial med null response
2008 F4 Cirrhosis Bx
2014 12 week Sov/Oly relapse
10/14 fibroscan 27 PLT 96
2014 24 weeks Harvoni 15 weeks Riba
5/4/15 EOT not detected, ALT 21, AST 20
4 week post not detected, ALT 26, AST 28
12 week post NOT DETECTED (07/27/15)
ALT 29, AST 27 PLT 92
24 week post NOT DETECTED! (10/19/15)
44 weeks (3/11/16)  fibroscan 33, PLT 111, HCV NOT DETECTED!
I AM FREE!

Offline Bree

« Reply #87 on: December 22, 2015, 12:54:19 am »
How do you go from Cirrhosis to non damaged liver?

Hi D-Slayer, tell us about you....

And welcome!
Dx 1997 Geno 1a

SVR ACHIEVED!!! 
CURED YES!!!

Offline Bree

« Reply #88 on: December 22, 2015, 01:01:02 am »
Done...labs have my blood, no turning back...gives me the heebie-jeebies.  On winter solstice.  My blood looked thick and dark red.  Hoping for a zero vl christmas.   

Hey Beto, We did it!  After blood test, I went and got two crowns and a myriad of things in between.  What a day...  I'll get my LFT's back tomorrow, should be a good indicator.  Due to holidays and the fact that HCV test is flown to mainland, not sure when I'll get it back...usually takes about 5 days.  I'm so busy I haven't had time to obsess about it.  I hope we hear back on the same day!  And, of course, it's UND!!!

I know Drummerman finished same day as me... but don't know where she is... haven't seen her on the forum...

Dx 1997 Geno 1a

SVR ACHIEVED!!! 
CURED YES!!!

Offline Philadelphia

• Global Moderator
  • It only looks like I know what I'm doing
« Reply #89 on: December 22, 2015, 06:24:55 am »
Can't wait to hear how you guys go!!
CURED SVR24  Class of 2015
Wk 12 post EOT 30.11.15: ALT 14 AST 22 GGT 22 VL UND
Week 19 07.08.15: ALT 17 AST 23 GGT 25
Week 12 18.06.15: ALT 21 AST 23 GGT 28
Week 8 25.05.15: ALT 23 AST 27 GGT 30 VL UND
Week 4 20.04.14: ALT 30 AST 36 VL 40
Treatment start 23.03.15: ALT 137 AST 185 VL 342,600
Cirrhosis Child-Pugh A, Genotype 1a - Viekira Pak + riba 24 weeks
Total failure interferon/ribavirin/boceprovir Mar 2013
https://www.hepmag.com/blogger/grace-campbell

Offline beto

« Reply #90 on: December 22, 2015, 10:34:36 am »
Thanks Philly!  Good luck on your trip.  Take pics and post if you can.  Come to Arizona too  :)

Bree- Gnatty was two days ahead of me begining TX I believe.  She is likely closer to you in starting.  Chime in Gnatty!!  We are like the Christmas babies...wish I wasn't so much of a Scrooge...hehe..Crowns hurt the pocket book more than the mouth.  I have had my fill of dental work over the past 25 years.  Which coincides with the chronic manifest of HCV.  I have read quite a bit over the years about links with dental issues and HCV/liver challenges.  I will probably start a thread on it at some point.  SVR Ho!!!!!!

Dragonslayerinprogress-

As Lynn has succinctly mentioned, cirrhosis is manageable even when fairly advanced and will most likely not get worse after SVR and could improve over time.  I will say that the wisdom of yesteryear is being altered and many improve and it would appear, some dramatically.

I don't know if my own numbers are what prompted your question.  If so, please let me respond.  1st, I have been researching cirrhosis and fibrosis reversal since I was diagnosed back in June weeks before I started treatment.  It was the cirhosis stamp (F-4/liver stiffness 14.5) that helped me to get approved by my carrier.  This was based on a liver scan, however, I must also add that roughly 17 years ago a biopsy indicated a score of F-2.

Early in my treatment, I began posting studies that clearly indicated fibrosis improvement even in cases of moderate to slightly advanced cirrhosis, when the cause of the damage was arrested (HCV/Alcohol, etc.).  These were 'studies' so I took them, as well as a hand full of posts that showed almost unbelievable remission from advanced fibrosis, with a grain of salt.  About five months after the June scan; by chance I was invited to see if I qualify for a study that ironically was testing a nutraceutical for possible reversal of fibrosis (FDA approved).  I would get a free scan out of the deal.

I did not qualify for the study because my liver stiffness score was under the minimum (7.0) and showed 6.1.  Naturally I did not believe it.  The technition who has performed hundreds of scans told me it was common to see improvement after tx and admitted that my case was dramatic.  This lead me to study the effectiveness of liver scans and I produced and posted a few efficacy studies that indicated the scans were approaching the gold standard because they give readings of large portions of the liver than biopsy.

Truthfully I almost didn't post because, I feared the tests might have been flawed, or that I might get the hopes of others up that don't have the same improvement.  I also had, as Gnatty pointed out, survivor guilt.  I even contacted a prominent moderator before mentioning it on a post...I was encouraged to go ahead,but that I should tell the whole story under "my story".

It turns out I am not alone and there are others reporting fantastic improvement.  There are also many studies underway that will reveal this phenomenon in a clinical setting.  So for some, the wait may not be that long after all...time will tell.  It is encouraging to say the least.

Could my tests have been flawed?  Of course.  I will be doing another in about 2 months.  I also have not reached SVR yet, so a let down now would be a big fall.  The wisdom of the Wright Brothers era claimed heavier than air flight was impossible.  Was there a law of attraction element here as was pointed out to me...I don't know.  Alls I know is that I am hopeful and will take a wait and see approach to my future.  peace
HCV detected active 1990
1996 Biopsy F2 fibrosis
treatment naive geno 1-A
9wk-UD-ast18 alt23
10/3/15 completed tx
6wk EOT UD ast/alt 20/20
12EOT-UD-ast/alt19/21
25wk-SVR! 19/18

Offline gnatcatcher

« Reply #91 on: December 22, 2015, 11:53:37 am »
Gnatty here, chiming in as requested. Tomorrow is exactly 12 weeks after I took the last orange diamond, so tomorrow is when I'll provide blood for AFP, BASI2, CBCD1, HCVP3, and HEPFP tests. I'd be surprised if results are back before next week.

As for crowns, I have two that are 43 years old and two others that are a few years younger, but they had nothing to do with my liver. In my case, four "deciduous teeth" (baby teeth with no adult teeth to take their place) had to be replaced with crowns or else all the $$$$ for orthodontia would have gone down the drain.

But where HCV may have affected my teeth was in plaque production. Despite conscientious oral hygiene, in recent years my body had become quite the plaque factory, and the stuff would calcify with amazing rapidity. When I see my dentist in mid-January, I'll find out if it's only in my imagination that, post-Tx, there is less plaque, and what there is is much less cement-like. Anyone else notice that?

Gnatty
9/29/71 transfusions
HCV genotype 1a
7/09/15-9/30/15 Harvoni

Before treatment:
Viral Load 9,490,582
FibroScan 19.5 kPa [F4]
ALT 262
AST 217
ALP 183

Most recent:
FibroScan 7.6 kPa [F1-2]
ALT 15
AST 20
ALP 85

Offline Bree

« Reply #92 on: December 22, 2015, 03:56:19 pm »
Beto, nice comprehensive well versed response regarding potential liver recovery.

Gnatty, yea, you can celebrate with us!!!

I got my LFT's back.... all in normal range.  AST 28 (upper end of range and has risen a few points but still in normal range) and ALT 19.  Platelets almost up to normal range (144).  So, I'm thinking this looks good for an UND result.   Yep, going with that.  I'm grateful I have quite a few distractions at the moment.

Crown dental thing went well.  I have a dental insurance and moved to a new insurance next year and had $1000 I could use before end of year and 2 teeth on the "watch list"... glad I went and did it, I had an awareness of these two teeth, almost a tooth ache... when he went in there the fillings were leaking and decaying underneath, so hopefully avoided root canals in the future.  I'm feeling kind of punky today... I'm so sensitive to invasive medical treatments... or anything invasive to my body.

Yes, I have noticed more plaque in recent years too besides better dental hygiene.  Thought it was an age thing.  Probably a combo of factors.  The dentist was talking about new studies for inflammation of gums and connections to breast cancer.  To myself, I was thinking I'm so happy that I have decreased liver inflammation and how inflammation impacts overall health.  Another cool reason to be ride of HepC.... there are so many... maybe I'll start a thread.... (top 100 reasons to get cured from Hep C!).   8)

Let's have a great day forum friends!  :)
Dx 1997 Geno 1a

SVR ACHIEVED!!! 
CURED YES!!!

Offline gnatcatcher

« Reply #93 on: December 22, 2015, 04:51:36 pm »
Bree, glad your dental work went well and, after you get over the punkiness, you'll be rid of the almost toothache. A great sign that your liver enzymes are normal and you have more platelets.

These last three days I've been doing heavy work around the house, the kind that would knock me out pre-Harvoni but was almost effortless in late September thanks to the Harvoni High. Well, I'm knocked out again. Santa, how about bringing me some more orange diamonds? My liver may not need them, but I do!

May 2016 be kind to us all.

Gnatty

9/29/71 transfusions
HCV genotype 1a
7/09/15-9/30/15 Harvoni

Before treatment:
Viral Load 9,490,582
FibroScan 19.5 kPa [F4]
ALT 262
AST 217
ALP 183

Most recent:
FibroScan 7.6 kPa [F1-2]
ALT 15
AST 20
ALP 85

Offline Bree

« Reply #94 on: December 22, 2015, 05:00:25 pm »
I do miss the Harvoni High!!!   I love Harvoni for many reasons.  I still have more energy than before treatment and don't have to plan my down time like I did before... although it is still a pattern and mental habit to some extent.  Hard to tell between liver disease and age what's what.   I guess listening to our bodies is still the key. 
Dx 1997 Geno 1a

SVR ACHIEVED!!! 
CURED YES!!!

Offline Scoutdoy

« Reply #95 on: December 22, 2015, 10:01:25 pm »
It's funny you guys say that about the Harvoni...I wouldn't mind taking the treatment again.LOL......Hope everyone has a Merry Christmas and a very very normal New Year!

Scout
F/49yrs
Genotype 1a
Diagnosed 2007
Biopsy F-0
vl 13,900,000
AST 23
ALT 19
I AM FREE!

Offline Cal

• Cal on Viekira Pak
« Reply #96 on: December 22, 2015, 11:38:19 pm »
Good luck to everyone having their ETO 12 week bloods. Wow! All at Christmas time. Happy Christmas everyone! Cal :)
HCV 30 years. Geno 1A.
V/L 9 million
2 week V/L 54
12 weeks V/L UND
No 17 week  EOT V/L
EOT Post 4 weeks UND.

Offline beto

« Reply #97 on: December 23, 2015, 10:54:43 am »
Every once in awhile I get Harvoni flashbacks  :).  Thanks Cal...I couldn't wait until my exact time for bloods.  My results usually come pretty quick,though I expect xmas will delay them.  Everybody by now knows the drill...no matter how positive you are, you can't help anticipating.  The 12 week is a little scarier than the others because we have come so far and so much emphasis is put on the 12 mark.   Long way down from that height.

Anyway, anyone on the recovery road has a Christmas gift.  It could be getting approved for the meds, perhaps finding out for the first time that there is a cure, 4 weeks tx...or, maybe 1 year EOT.  Wherever you are in this mas healing, Merry Christmas, Happy Haunnikka, Sublime Solstice, Happy everything and a bright and healthy 2016 to you!!
HCV detected active 1990
1996 Biopsy F2 fibrosis
treatment naive geno 1-A
9wk-UD-ast18 alt23
10/3/15 completed tx
6wk EOT UD ast/alt 20/20
12EOT-UD-ast/alt19/21
25wk-SVR! 19/18

Offline beto

« Reply #98 on: December 23, 2015, 01:17:54 pm »
Hey all...got my labs already.  Amazing how fast.What's more amazing is the fact that...drum roll please...Undetected!!! 12EOT (actual 11.3 weeks) alt/ast 19/21.

yipeeeeeee!!!

Small caveat is that my serum protein is high and Albumin high normal.  That is a small blemish I know.  But old worry wart Beto, right?  I hope it is just dehydration which is possible because I am on ACE inhibitors and BP diuretics...and drink too much coffee...

Great Christmas present...I guess this is SVR right?  Wow...
HCV detected active 1990
1996 Biopsy F2 fibrosis
treatment naive geno 1-A
9wk-UD-ast18 alt23
10/3/15 completed tx
6wk EOT UD ast/alt 20/20
12EOT-UD-ast/alt19/21
25wk-SVR! 19/18

Offline KimInTheForest

• Believe in yourself
« Reply #99 on: December 23, 2015, 01:23:27 pm »
That's great news, Beto! Congrats on your SVR12! And just in time for Christmas :)

kim

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.