Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 12:39:42 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 6307
  • Latest: golfer
Stats
  • Total Posts: 55125
  • Total Topics: 4851
  • Online Today: 108
  • Online Ever: 1314
  • (June 22, 2016, 05:23:42 am)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 94
Total: 94

Welcome

Welcome to the Hep Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people who have Fatty Liver Disease, Hepatitis B, C or a co-infection, their friends and family and others with questions about hepatitis and liver health. Check in frequently to read what others have to say, post your comments, and hopefully learn more about how you can reach your own health goals.

Privacy Warning: Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.
  • The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.
  • All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.
  • Product advertisement (including links); banners; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from the Hep Forum Moderators.
Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Starting week 9 of 12, viekira pak w/o riba  (Read 5384 times)

Offline edman300

Starting week 9 of 12, viekira pak w/o riba
« on: October 13, 2015, 08:57:56 am »
First of all I want to tell everyone some good news..... 6 wk blood work showed viral load NOT DETECTED!!!!!!!!  Woo Hoo. I am very thankful to God and the meds for that.
 But as I am starting wk 9 I am really struggling to even function. Is anybody else having a hard time functioning? I am totally wiped out all the time, my legs cramp and get so painful I cant hardly walk. My mind is really foggy ( more than usual  lol ), I have a hard time making a decision or thinking clearly. I have not gained any weight but I feel like a blimp. I feel so bloated and just plain blahhhhh. I am just wondering if anybody else has been feeling like this. I have a few other health issues but I am curious if some of this may be due to the meds.
Thank you all for being a place I can vent to and,
I pray that every dragon represented here gets slain and tossed into the lake of fire forever.
Good luck to you all and God bless,
edman
DIAGNOSED IN LATE 80'S
INTERFERON/RIBA-1997-NON RESPONDER
PEGASYS INTERFERON/RIBA-2003-NON RESPONDER
HCV RNA >4,000,000
ALT 33
GGT 25
GENOTYPE-1B/F2
STARTED VIEKIRA PAK W/O RIBA- 8-18-2015 FOR 12 WKS
6wk vl =undetected
alt=12
10 wk vl= undetected

Offline KimInTheForest

• Believe in yourself
Re: Starting week 9 of 12, viekira pak w/o riba
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2015, 01:40:34 pm »
Congrats on reaching undetected edman!!!

As for the problems, I myself did not use Viekira-Pak. But what you describe has been described by others here on V-Pak. I hope those problems will all go away for you post-treatment. In my case (Harvoni+ribavirin), ribavirin was to blame for any negative side effects I had. All I can blame on the Harvoni is the "Harvoni High" (which was very welcome). Be thankful you don't have ribavirin to contend with.

good luck!
kim :)
Kim Goldberg (Nanaimo, BC)
1970s: Contracted HCV (genotype 3a)
2015: Cured with Harvoni + ribavirin (12 weeks)
MY STORY: https://pigsquash.wordpress.com/2016/01/28/undetectable-my-hep-c-story/

Offline Cal

• Cal on Viekira Pak
Re: Starting week 9 of 12, viekira pak w/o riba
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2015, 06:24:39 pm »
Hi Edman,
I'm on Viekira pak and ribas. I haven't been able to function since week 2. I was hospitalised and my ribas taken down from 5 to 3. I just seem to absorb RIBA more. My lowest point if non functioning was around RIBA anaemia  but because you're not on ribas and I am I can't say for duster if they're sxs. However, they probably are. Have you told your Doctor about them? Also you are 3 weeks away from finishing, can you make it to the end?So  close. I'm a week behind you.

Maybe I am having sxs to the viekira it's hard to say but I am easily exhausted, blurry brain ( not unusual for me though)! Heavy limbs. Shaky? Cal :)
HCV 30 years. Geno 1A.
Veikira Pak with ribas on Compassionate Access.
Brisbane. Australia. began 21.8.15.
17 weeks.  Previous non responder 2011.
V/L 9 million
2 week V/L 54
12 weeks V/L UND
No 17 week  EOT V/L
EOT Post 4 weeks UND.

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.