Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 11:35:31 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 6307
  • Latest: golfer
Stats
  • Total Posts: 55125
  • Total Topics: 4851
  • Online Today: 81
  • Online Ever: 1314
  • (June 22, 2016, 05:23:42 am)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 52
Total: 52

Welcome

Welcome to the Hep Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people who have Fatty Liver Disease, Hepatitis B, C or a co-infection, their friends and family and others with questions about hepatitis and liver health. Check in frequently to read what others have to say, post your comments, and hopefully learn more about how you can reach your own health goals.

Privacy Warning: Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.
  • The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.
  • All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.
  • Product advertisement (including links); banners; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from the Hep Forum Moderators.
Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: "My Hep C Genotype Switched?"  (Read 6903 times)

Offline Hep Editors

• Hep Mag
"My Hep C Genotype Switched?"
« on: October 13, 2015, 11:04:04 am »
From Lucinda Porter's latest Hep Exclusive:

"It may be that you have more than one HCV genotype at the same time. When this occurs, often the genotype test shows whichever genotype which is more predominate, and sometimes it can switch. Having more than one HCV genotype is not rare, with studies placing it in the 5 to 10% range.

There is also something called HCV recombination. In this situation, a person may be co-infected with more than one HCV genotype, and the viruses exchange genetic material."

For more information: http://www.hepmag.com/articles/hepatitis_c_questions_2502_27873.shtml

Offline beto

• "no risk it, no biscuit"
Re: "My Hep C Genotype Switched?"
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2015, 10:22:13 pm »
Thank you Lucinda

Great compilation to Q and A.  One question I do not know if you fully answered or rather, I believe there is an extension question that could be asked that is related.

The question had to do with a concern from a C patient that was detectable post treatment, wondering if cure chances were low in the future.  The answer was a "no" (not) based on the Harvoni and the new viral specific treatments.  Part of what I am wondering is;  what about the folks that cleared during Tx and then were detected EOT and EOT 4 weeks, only the clear again after 12 weeks EOT.  Is there any information from clinical sources on that?  I believe about 3 forum members have reported this phenomenon.
HCV/nonA,nonB acute phase 1975
HCV detected active 1990
HCV persistent chronic diagnosis 1995
1995 liver enzymes mild elevations
1996 Biopsy F2 fibrosis
treatment naive geno 1-A
2000-to early 2015 Viral load 150, 000 to 800, 000
recent liver enzymes before treatment alt/ast 59to209,  Fibroscan F4,cirrhosis
start tx Harvoni 7/11/2015
6.5 week-UD-ast/alt 25/25
9wk-UD-ast18 alt23
10/3/15 completed tx
11/5/15 new fibroscan f0-f1 amazed
6wk EOT UD ast/alt 20/20
12EOT-UD-ast/alt19/21
25wk-SVR! 19/18

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.