Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:26:41 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 6307
  • Latest: golfer
Stats
  • Total Posts: 55125
  • Total Topics: 4851
  • Online Today: 55
  • Online Ever: 1314
  • (June 22, 2016, 05:23:42 am)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 47
Total: 47

Welcome

Welcome to the Hep Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people who have Fatty Liver Disease, Hepatitis B, C or a co-infection, their friends and family and others with questions about hepatitis and liver health. Check in frequently to read what others have to say, post your comments, and hopefully learn more about how you can reach your own health goals.

Privacy Warning: Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.
  • The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.
  • All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.
  • Product advertisement (including links); banners; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from the Hep Forum Moderators.
Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Vision  (Read 8205 times)

Offline Kate101

Vision
« on: October 18, 2015, 11:39:34 pm »
My vision is getting poor at best ever since I started the Harvoni. Anyone else?

Kate101

Offline Cal

• Cal on Viekira Pak
Re: Vision
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2015, 01:48:28 am »
My vision got bad on ifn. And ribas and lledipasvir. I am now getting blurred vision on Viekira and ribas? Cal ::)
HCV 30 years. Geno 1A.
Veikira Pak with ribas on Compassionate Access.
Brisbane. Australia. began 21.8.15.
17 weeks.  Previous non responder 2011.
V/L 9 million
2 week V/L 54
12 weeks V/L UND
No 17 week  EOT V/L
EOT Post 4 weeks UND.

Offline KimInTheForest

• Believe in yourself
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2015, 02:24:01 am »
My vision got bad while on Harvoni. Back to normal now that I am post-treatment. I have heard a number of Harvoni people here comment on the poor vision thing while on tx. Seems to just be temporary.

kim
Kim Goldberg (Nanaimo, BC)
1970s: Contracted HCV (genotype 3a)
2015: Cured with Harvoni + ribavirin (12 weeks)
MY STORY: https://pigsquash.wordpress.com/2016/01/28/undetectable-my-hep-c-story/

Offline hepcme

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2015, 10:47:57 pm »
I have heard and was always concerned even before TX that the Liver is an important organ for health to  the eyes...I heard it was a chinese medical fact that their is a strong connection between the  liver and eyes .I use to ask my optomitrist but he knew nothing of the sort..ofcourse..  I had white flashes in peripheral side of vision, scared the heck out of me and then got floaters in one eye...my eyes increasingly got worse before TX..I treated with Harvoni (in Dec 2014)  G1a- tx neive, VL 1.2mil  - - finished TX 02/2015...I was seriously scared I was going to go blind if I didn't treat ASAP...It did get better for awhile ...I am now UN and post TX 9 mo with no recovery of eyesight...but I have had such scratchy, blurry, cloudyness, I guess I have cataracs but not bad enough to have surgery...I feel like my eyes really suffered from lack of nutrients for many years and this is how it is...I have been trying sun-gazing and feel it is really helping with powerful doses of Vit A and D...it has to be followed EXACTLY as stated...when there is  NO UV rays..that is the key to not having eye damage...I am not advising anyone but I just started to google it and  I have done some study on it and decided to try it..I am in AZ so plenty of sun to accomplish the routine...I don't know if sun gazing can heal cataracs, no one has said...not alot of comments on the topic but that it  heals...I can say, my eyes are not scratchy or dry or fuzzy...first after I do star gaze though it is blurry but clears in a few days if it is cloudy and can't do gazing for a day or two...I am only beginning on this journey, I am at 3 1/2 min.. it is a process of building up to 44 min..which can take up to a year or more depending on where one lives...just sayin...

Offline hope2bcured

« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2015, 08:28:02 am »
My vision is getting poor at best ever since I started the Harvoni. Anyone else?

Kate101
Hi Kate,

I am 8 weeks post Harvoni <15 at 8 weeks and 4 <15 at 4 weeks post tx. I go next month for 12 weeks post.
I have been feeling horrid since stopping the Harvoni. My vision has gotten progressively worse since starting Harvoni. I have an appt to see the eye doctor soon. I also have very dry eyes and use a lubricant which helps make them feel better, but, does not help with the poor vision.   

Offline kimharvest

• Fighting to Get Back my Life - GT 3a
    • Vital Wonders
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2015, 09:33:38 pm »
I was on Riba and Sovaldi for 4 months ending in mid May. I just went to a vision doctor to get new glasses and I, who earlier had gotten a bit less myopic in the last 15 years, now hit the worse numbers ever, within one year. My one eye especially got worse.  Floaters seem as if I am looking through the ocean but that's not new. Autoimmune skin problem has also blossomed as never before. Also watched my joints grow in a matter of months.  My thumb joints enlarged and my body aches and I still run on limited energy. I am retesting for 6 months after so here is hoping. ND so far. Wish I felt more human.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2015, 09:36:18 pm by kimharvest »
kimharvest
"Eat healthy food and drink pure water for a healthy life."
GT 3a  15,000,000 VL.
Started Sovaldi/Ribavirin 1/26/15 for 24 weeks.
Doctor Office Dropped me on 5/8/15 at 14 weeks;
Finished 4 months total, two months short.
I do not recommend Grand Junction Gastro!
Not Detected at 3, 6 & 12 months.

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.