Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:54:59 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 6307
  • Latest: golfer
Stats
  • Total Posts: 55125
  • Total Topics: 4851
  • Online Today: 108
  • Online Ever: 1314
  • (June 22, 2016, 05:23:42 am)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 94
Total: 94

Welcome

Welcome to the Hep Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people who have Fatty Liver Disease, Hepatitis B, C or a co-infection, their friends and family and others with questions about hepatitis and liver health. Check in frequently to read what others have to say, post your comments, and hopefully learn more about how you can reach your own health goals.

Privacy Warning: Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.
  • The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.
  • All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.
  • Product advertisement (including links); banners; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from the Hep Forum Moderators.
Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Liver friendly foods - Try to do Organic when possible  (Read 13306 times)

Offline bricksnsticks

Liver friendly foods - Try to do Organic when possible
« on: October 27, 2015, 10:24:21 pm »
This is a list I complied through my own Internet research

Skim milk
Broccoli
Lemon
Lime
Chamomile Tea
2 Omega 3-rich eggs
Lentils
Sparkling water
Yogurt
Apples
Garlic
Cucumbers
Onions
Alfalfa
Dandelion
Green Tea
Avocados
Spinach
Artichoke
Greens
Leafy Greens
Brussels sprouts
Cabbage
Cauliflower
Radishes
Sprouts
Turkey
Chicken
Duck
Salmon
Trout
Tuna 
Sardines
Cod
V8 vegetable juice
Carrots
Almonds
Macadamias
Pistachio
Cashews
Walnuts
Pecans
Brazil nuts
Flax seed
Almonds
Sunflower
Sesame
Pumpkin seeds

Herbs and Spices are generally good for the liver- these include jalapeno pepper, celery seed, celery leaf, peppercorns, chervil leaf, anise and aniseed, chili, ginger, coriander (cilantro) leaf, coriander seed, curry, cayenne, bay leaves, caraway seed, lemon grass, thyme, marjoram, mustard seed, turmeric, basil, chervil, parsley, paprika, nutmeg, lemongrass, dill leaf and seed, thyme, oregano, sage, garlic, cloves, chives, fenugreek, cardamom, poppy and sesame seeds, horseradish, wasabi, mace, stevia, cloves, cassia, pimento, cumin seed, galangal, cinnamon, saffron, rosemary, mint, fennel leaf and seed, green tea and others if they are natural.
Chemicals and hormones in water buy a water filter or filtered water.

Olive Oil – Cold-pressed organic oils, like olive oil, coconut oil, or hemp-seed oil, can help remove toxins that dissolve in fat instead of water, but these should be used in moderation as they are high in calories and make the liver work to use them.

Offline loma71

Re: Liver friendly foods - Try to do Organic when possible
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2016, 08:45:02 am »
Thank you for this information. I've attempted to ask this question to my medical team and was told to eat healthy and stay away from alcohol. I already knew that and was looking for more info and relevant to my issue.  Thank you for this list.
loma71

Offline KimInTheForest

• Believe in yourself
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2016, 02:30:26 pm »
Great list, Bricksnsticks!

Turmeric (which is on your spice list) is especially important. It is anti-inflammatory, which can help both with liver inflammation and with extrahepatic manifestations, many of which are inflammatory.

Also, artichokes are GREAT for liver. And with steamed leaves dipped in lemon/yogurt mix - that's good for liver too. :)

kim
Kim Goldberg (Nanaimo, BC)
1970s: Contracted HCV (genotype 3a)
2015: Cured with Harvoni + ribavirin (12 weeks)
MY STORY: https://pigsquash.wordpress.com/2016/01/28/undetectable-my-hep-c-story/

Offline FutureThinker

• Onward and upward!
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2016, 03:06:43 pm »
Just came across this, thanks for the info -- FT
Treatment naive
Likely contracted mid-70s
Diagnosed 1a, 2011
F1-2
Harvoni X 12 weeks, completed 5/17/16
Pre-treatment: VL 3 mil, AST 64, ALT 84
4 week labs: VL 30, AST 21, ALT 14
8 week labs: VL UD!!!, AST 22, ALT 16
12 week labs: VL UD, AST 23, ALT 14
2 wk EOT: VL UD
12 wk EOT: VL UD, AST 22, ALT 13 =  SVR 12! Yay! 
Last hep appointment: VL UD, AST 19, ALT 12 = SVR 39! I AM DONE!

Offline Cheryl F

« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2016, 12:46:42 pm »
AHHHH... just the list I need.  I am attempting to at least start thinking about better self care and eating right is all a part of this journey.  Th
anks for putting this together.... !
53/Female
VL: 624,938
GT: 1b

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.