Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 26, 2024, 08:42:42 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 55130
  • Total Topics: 4851
  • Online Today: 176
  • Online Ever: 1314
  • (June 22, 2016, 05:23:42 am)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 94
Total: 94

Welcome

Welcome to the Hep Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people who have Fatty Liver Disease, Hepatitis B, C or a co-infection, their friends and family and others with questions about hepatitis and liver health. Check in frequently to read what others have to say, post your comments, and hopefully learn more about how you can reach your own health goals.

Privacy Warning: Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.
  • The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.
  • All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.
  • Product advertisement (including links); banners; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from the Hep Forum Moderators.
Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Hep C Causes Hypertyraminemia (which can kill you well before liver failure)  (Read 6411 times)

Offline Onefluover

I've been saying it for years that Hep C is causing me frequant and severe headaches and persistent very high blood pressure. My doctors have argued with me about this. That these are not generally symptoms of Hep C.

I've said that chocolate triggers long lasting (weeks) deadly headaches for me and that it has something to do with my liver's ability to metabolize toxic substance(s) in chocolate and other foods.

Chocolate is very high in tyramine. So I looked up "Hypertyraminemia" and it explains much.

Just to let everyone know, foods high in tyramines can kill you even if you're supposedly an F1/0. A week ago I ate a chocolate truffle bar and a few hours later came on with a severe headache that persists to this moment.

Last night my head hurt so bad that I fell and hit my head. Of course it hurts even worse now.
51 M HAV/HBV Im., HCV-G3a
Fibrospect 2 <16 (F0/1) VL 4M
Expsd 1984-1992 (?) dx 1992
First tx attempt 2015
Liver 18.6 cm, relatively course & echogenic w/ diffuse hepatocellular process. 
Abnormal labs: ALT 163, AST 73, Chol 118, HDL Chol 30, IGA .05, Ferritin 648, Iron Bind Cap 296, Iron Sat 60%
Signs & symptoms: Freq. severe headache, very high BP, abdominal pain, distentia, joint pain, dbl vis., white nails, Schamberg's Dis., nausea, mild Jaundice, dark urine, non-hereditary Hemochromatosis.

Offline beto

• "no risk it, no biscuit"
Hey Oneflewover.

I am another that has flown over the proverbial...well you know  :)

Anyway, the symptomatology of Hep-C I believe is varied and goes into realms that defy the "norm" and the most reported and accepted.  There are docs and experts that push the envelope on this matter, but most do not and adhere to the clinical data.

I have had many hep manifestations (that I can't prove the source of) that fall outside the main list.  They were neurological types.  Headaches are definitely in the main camp.  High blood pressure is one that I have had, but then it could be familial with me.  I have heard a lot of accounts about HBP and HCV.

it seems common sense to me that anything that affects the liver could affect just about any system in the body given the exquisite complexity of of its functions.  Hard to pin a symptom, as there are so many possibilities.

I do like dark chocolate, but do not get headaches.  Perhaps it does affect my BP, however...I will put it to the test. Rats if it is a culprit...running out of vices.

Sorry about your headaches...and thanks for the info on Hypertyraminemia.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2015, 01:43:30 pm by beto »
HCV/nonA,nonB acute phase 1975
HCV detected active 1990
HCV persistent chronic diagnosis 1995
1995 liver enzymes mild elevations
1996 Biopsy F2 fibrosis
treatment naive geno 1-A
2000-to early 2015 Viral load 150, 000 to 800, 000
recent liver enzymes before treatment alt/ast 59to209,  Fibroscan F4,cirrhosis
start tx Harvoni 7/11/2015
6.5 week-UD-ast/alt 25/25
9wk-UD-ast18 alt23
10/3/15 completed tx
11/5/15 new fibroscan f0-f1 amazed
6wk EOT UD ast/alt 20/20
12EOT-UD-ast/alt19/21
25wk-SVR! 19/18

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.