Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 31, 2024, 09:59:17 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 55130
  • Total Topics: 4851
  • Online Today: 319
  • Online Ever: 1314
  • (June 22, 2016, 05:23:42 am)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 49
Total: 49

Welcome

Welcome to the Hep Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people who have Fatty Liver Disease, Hepatitis B, C or a co-infection, their friends and family and others with questions about hepatitis and liver health. Check in frequently to read what others have to say, post your comments, and hopefully learn more about how you can reach your own health goals.

Privacy Warning: Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.
  • The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.
  • All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.
  • Product advertisement (including links); banners; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from the Hep Forum Moderators.
Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: 7 month post treatment advise  (Read 6630 times)

Offline Francis60

7 month post treatment advise
« on: November 11, 2015, 08:37:44 pm »
Hi All,

I will get my viral load test back next week (24 week) and feel confident it will be negative.I got all my other bloods back and my  alt/ast etc. are within range.I just  wished i was jumping for joy!

I was starting to get more energy back, but the last month it has really dropped.My platelet count after steadily rising over the last 3 months has dropped from 160 to 139 (within a month) the ref range is 140-440.Would this be the cause of my tiredness?...It is very frustrating as I was just getting a glimpse of what it would be like to feel "normal" and now I feel like I am back at square one. Had my iron levels checked and they are ok and I try and eat al the right foods.I also cut back on the amount of exercise I was doing as it was making me feel more tired.

Not sure what to do here and wondering anyone out their have any suggestions?. Thank you all for being here, I read the board regularly and feel truely grateful that I found it.

cheers

Liam

Offline gnatcatcher

Re: 7 month post treatment advise
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2015, 07:52:23 am »
Liam, a low platelet count can cause fatigue, but would a count that's just 1 point below the normal range cause fatigue? I don't know. When I was in college, at one point my platelets dropped suddenly to a count of (on your lab's scale) 1 (yes, ONE). I bruised easily and had purple spots on my legs, but I wasn't fatigued. I was scared -- until a doctor finally put a name to what was going on.

Is your present fatigue connected to HCV? treatment? post-treatment immune system readjustment? none of the above? I'm clueless. If I were in your shoes, I'd start with whichever doctor (internist, hepatologist, hematologist, ___) is the best diagnostician. Here's hoping that whatever's going on, it's easy to fix.

Gnatty
9/29/71 transfusions
HCV genotype 1a
7/09/15-9/30/15 Harvoni

Before treatment:
Viral Load 9,490,582
FibroScan 19.5 kPa [F4]
ALT 262
AST 217
ALP 183

Most recent:
VL still UNDETECTED (SVR 102)
FibroScan 7.6 kPa [F1-2]
ALT 15
AST 20
ALP 85

Offline lporterrn

• LucindaPorterRN
    • LucindaPorterRN
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2015, 10:10:32 am »
Hi Liam,
Low platelets don't usually cause fatigue, however, fatigue is a common symptom of problems with the liver and so are low platelets. It sounds like something is going on, and it may not be related to treatment. What does your doctor say?
Lucinda Porter, RN
1988 Contracted HCV
1997 Interferon nonresponder
2003 PEG + ribavirin responder-relapser
2013 Cured (Harvoni + ribavirin clinical trial)
https://www.hepmag.com/blogger/lucindakporter

Offline Francis60

« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2015, 11:27:52 am »
Hi Lucinda,
I am back in Thailand now and have not seen a doctor yet. thanks for getting back.

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.