Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 05:38:34 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 6307
  • Latest: golfer
Stats
  • Total Posts: 55125
  • Total Topics: 4851
  • Online Today: 141
  • Online Ever: 1314
  • (June 22, 2016, 05:23:42 am)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 108
Total: 108

Welcome

Welcome to the Hep Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people who have Fatty Liver Disease, Hepatitis B, C or a co-infection, their friends and family and others with questions about hepatitis and liver health. Check in frequently to read what others have to say, post your comments, and hopefully learn more about how you can reach your own health goals.

Privacy Warning: Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.
  • The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.
  • All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.
  • Product advertisement (including links); banners; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from the Hep Forum Moderators.
Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Frustrated!!  (Read 6533 times)

Offline john b

Frustrated!!
« on: December 09, 2015, 07:13:42 am »
In or around 2006 i donated blood,and a week later i got a letter saying that i tested positive for hep C. I was devastated!! But i also went into denial mode. I just acted like it never existed and as i did research and found out that most people don't experience symptoms until years later i denied it even more. Fast forward 2013 i started having severe itching over my whole body. The kind of itch that doesn't go away until blood has been drawn. After the itch is sever inflammation and burning. I tried everything only to have it re appear worse and worse. The doctor keeps telling my its eczema and giving me a steroid dose that after it wares off my situation gets worse. I am very frustrated i can't sleep with this and it has taken away from my quality of life.
        I have now come to the conclusion on my own that it may be my liver function. I plan to get tested soon,however i just lost my job and so that leads me to two questions. (1) Is it impossible to get adequate care for this without insurance. (2) Has anyone had or known anyone who has had SEVERE SEVERE skin issues and itching from lack of liver function. I would appreciate anyone input on the itching as it relates to the malfunction of the liver. I know that i need to quickly get tested and work on becoming free of this,however my skin is absolutely driving me crazy,I'm hoping I'm on track by eliminating the hep c my liver will function normal and ill stop itching.

Offline Philadelphia

• Global Moderator
  • It only looks like I know what I'm doing
Re: Frustrated!!
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2015, 07:28:38 am »
well, it could be itching from raised bilirubin levels related to your liver, but you are going to need a blood test to find out.

I cant offer any wisdom about the US health care system as I'm in Australia sorry.
CURED SVR24  Class of 2015
Wk 12 post EOT 30.11.15: ALT 14 AST 22 GGT 22 VL UND
Week 19 07.08.15: ALT 17 AST 23 GGT 25
Week 12 18.06.15: ALT 21 AST 23 GGT 28
Week 8 25.05.15: ALT 23 AST 27 GGT 30 VL UND
Week 4 20.04.14: ALT 30 AST 36 VL 40
Treatment start 23.03.15: ALT 137 AST 185 VL 342,600
Cirrhosis Child-Pugh A, Genotype 1a - Viekira Pak + riba 24 weeks
Total failure interferon/ribavirin/boceprovir Mar 2013
https://www.hepmag.com/blogger/grace-campbell

Offline Soul-ution09

Re: Frustrated!!
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2015, 08:55:51 pm »
Hi john b,
This is my 1st time log in and my 1st post. I have recently been diagnosed with hcv and can tell you that i had been experiencing off again on again itchy rashes, mostly around the back hip area. When right after my diagnosis (I have had to have this monster for at least 20 years) one of those little itchy areas decided to extend over my entire upper torso. It was itchy with or without a rash and burned and itched and burned more then more itch. It was relentless and got so bad it turned to a fungus infection on top of the rash.
At first I thought I had some kind of human skin parasite, and became certain that I had pick it up from my dog (even though my dog had zero symptoms suggesting she had no bugs).
I was obsessed and before allowing my sanity to all but dissappear, I finally went to my Dermatologist. Well, that was a joke as he concluded it was all due to my arthritic back. That did nothing for my crashing brain waves, and I was even more convinced I had something not yet recorded in the medical data base. I refused to take the steroids or cortisone, as  they would do nothing but mask the problem and make it worse.
So I went to a different dermatologist at a Cancer center and after being examined, I happened to mention my hep c diagnosis. Her reaction was one that would clearly explain the cause of all the itchy rashes, and had everything to do with my liver not being able to filter the toxins going through my system effectively, so toxins were being expelled through my skin. I have had to do, as best I can, a total detox to clean out my system. And, lo and behold, the 'bugs' started going away. I still have small itchy patches, and a whole lot of scarring. But my misery has finally returned me some peace.
What helps me alot is drinking a couple ounces each day of raw apple cider vinegar and staying well moisturized inside and out. Best of luck to you, on the journey back out. 

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.