Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:54:04 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 6307
  • Latest: golfer
Stats
  • Total Posts: 55125
  • Total Topics: 4851
  • Online Today: 125
  • Online Ever: 1314
  • (June 22, 2016, 05:23:42 am)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 95
Total: 95

Welcome

Welcome to the Hep Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people who have Fatty Liver Disease, Hepatitis B, C or a co-infection, their friends and family and others with questions about hepatitis and liver health. Check in frequently to read what others have to say, post your comments, and hopefully learn more about how you can reach your own health goals.

Privacy Warning: Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.
  • The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.
  • All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.
  • Product advertisement (including links); banners; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from the Hep Forum Moderators.
Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: 2 questions- riba rage and dealing with common cold.  (Read 7816 times)

Offline mtc

2 questions- riba rage and dealing with common cold.
« on: December 11, 2015, 06:33:55 pm »
Ok so my wife caught a cold and now I feel it coming on. I'm on sovaldi/riba. Do you guys have and good tips there? I called my dr but they're out for the weekend.

Secondly.
I'm normally very very calm in stressful situations and very slow to anger but that's not the case at all now. I've been finding myself freaking out way to much leading to shortness of  breath and lightheadedness. It's pretty scary but I do know that that's not me thinking that way and so does my wife. We talked about knowing that the rage could happen. I'm just hoping it doesn't  tear my marriage apart. My wife has sever depression and I've always been her support but this riba rage stuff is changing my ability to handle the stress and stay calm. Idk what to do. It's not fair to here and the stress on me isn't good.
Not trying to complain just trying to deal with this stuff. I'm also having a lot of mental confusion when I get stressed out and I don't feel normal at all. The past couple days I've felt like I can't think clearly enough to say what I want to say and start saying the wrong things in my daily interactions. I feel very nervous most of the day like everything I'm doing is wrong and think that people are noticing that I'm "off". No one knows I have hep. and I can't explain that I'm having sides so pardon my change. Though it could all be in my head and no one is even noticing.

My job is high stress though I've always been calm cool and collected so to speak. I'm also the boss/owner of the company and fear causing a rift with my employees. Taking off work is not an option. I'm trying meditation to start with.

I'm 2 weeks in on 24. Do the sides get worse? The rage gets worse? I almost kicked my cat. I love my cat with all my heart. I would NEVER in a million years hurt her!! She was just laying on the floor purring to be petted as I walked by and I had a urge to kick her. That  terrified me!! That was when I knew without a doubt somethings very bad here.

If anyone has any insight or experience that can share that would be great.

Thank you in advance.
M
HCV 14ish years. Geno 3
VL 700k
Tx naive
11/26/15 started 24 weeks Sovaldi/Riba
Week 4 labs UND

Offline KimInTheForest

• Believe in yourself
Re: 2 questions- riba rage and dealing with common cold.
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2015, 06:58:20 pm »
Hi Mike. the riba rage is a problem. All I can do is commiserate and tell you that it will disappear after end of treatment (although I realize that seems like a long time when you are staring at another 22 weeks of tx). I really had to isolate myself during tx, in part because of riba rage, which for me ranged from being cranky, judgmental and short- tempered to being in the grips of near-murderous rage and not thinking clearly about situations or people. I had to deactivate my Facebook account because I was just going berserk on people.

In my case, isolating myself wasn't too hard because I live alone and work from home. In your case, I can see it would be more of a challenge.

Your idea of meditation is a good one. Deep breathing would also help. "Square breathing" is in that category:
-Stand or sit still.
-Inhale through nose to count of 4, filling abdomen not upper chest.
-Hold the breath for count of 4.
-Exhale through mouth for count of 4.
-No breathing for count of 4.
-Then start again.

Also, you could declare your home a "riba rage-free zone", which means anytime it takes hold of you, you leave your house - even if it is just to walk to the end of the block and back. I have used this technique for other negative energies I did not want to contaminate my home with. And of course walks (even short ones) are therapeutic.

Hang in there! This too shall pass.
kim
Kim Goldberg (Nanaimo, BC)
1970s: Contracted HCV (genotype 3a)
2015: Cured with Harvoni + ribavirin (12 weeks)
MY STORY: https://pigsquash.wordpress.com/2016/01/28/undetectable-my-hep-c-story/

Offline mtc

« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2015, 07:06:57 pm »
Thanks Kim!!! Those all sounds like great techniques. I'll start using them. I used square breathing last year when attempting to quit smoking. It actually worked great.

Did you have nervousness or confusion? Sometimes it almost feels like I have too much energy and I get jittery.

I drink a lot of water and eat healthy.
M
HCV 14ish years. Geno 3
VL 700k
Tx naive
Week 4 labs UND

Offline KimInTheForest

• Believe in yourself
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2015, 07:09:52 pm »
Yes, the nervousness, confusion and jittery feeling is also part of the package, I am afraid. And I had a great deal of trouble making decisions, as well. It's a one day at a time sort of thing, I am afraid. But at least you know when it will be over. And you know that these problems are NOT YOU, they are the chemicals you are temporarily putting into your body to achieve a greater good.

kim :)
MY STORY: https://pigsquash.wordpress.com/2016/01/28/undetectable-my-hep-c-story/

Offline mtc

« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2015, 07:15:13 pm »
 Thank you so much for the reassurance. It really does help. With those 2 comments you made me feel a lot better. I'm so glad I found this site. I'll be really happy when I'm through this and I can be one of the ones to share  my experience, strength and hope with someone going through the same thing.

Thank you, Kim.
M
HCV 14ish years. Geno 3
VL 700k
Tx naive
Week 4 labs UND

Offline KimInTheForest

• Believe in yourself
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2015, 07:17:20 pm »
Good luck, Mike. You will come out the other side with a Whole New Life that you and your wife can enjoy together. :)

kim

Offline Philadelphia

• Global Moderator
  • It only looks like I know what I'm doing
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2015, 08:13:54 pm »
I don't know if I truly had riba range or whether everything just got on top of me, but a few times I lost it. Twice at work. Like you I am the boss of my workplace and generally the voice of reason. I warned my staff about treatment and possible sx so they were much more understanding. I yelled at my 2IC one day and it really was nothing he did. Luckily for me, he understood, moved on and I apologised - a lot!

I just learnt to count to ten before I opened my mouth. Sometimes I walked away. It was easier for me because they knew why I was crazy. Perhaps Yu could say you are currently ondergoing treatment and some sx are labile emotions?

Good luck. I found it got much better, but my dr reduced my riba early too.
CURED SVR24  Class of 2015
Wk 12 post EOT 30.11.15: ALT 14 AST 22 GGT 22 VL UND
Week 19 07.08.15: ALT 17 AST 23 GGT 25
Week 12 18.06.15: ALT 21 AST 23 GGT 28
Week 8 25.05.15: ALT 23 AST 27 GGT 30 VL UND
Week 4 20.04.14: ALT 30 AST 36 VL 40
Treatment start 23.03.15: ALT 137 AST 185 VL 342,600
Cirrhosis Child-Pugh A, Genotype 1a - Viekira Pak + riba 24 weeks
Total failure interferon/ribavirin/boceprovir Mar 2013
https://www.hepmag.com/blogger/grace-campbell

Offline mtc

« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2015, 09:49:52 pm »
Thanks Philadelphia!! I'll try the count to 10 bit too. Yeah I can definitely tell it's the sx. I'm not like that at all.
M
HCV 14ish years. Geno 3
VL 700k
Tx naive
Week 4 labs UND

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.