Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 08:59:29 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 6307
  • Latest: golfer
Stats
  • Total Posts: 55126
  • Total Topics: 4851
  • Online Today: 109
  • Online Ever: 1314
  • (June 22, 2016, 05:23:42 am)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 50
Total: 50

Welcome

Welcome to the Hep Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people who have Fatty Liver Disease, Hepatitis B, C or a co-infection, their friends and family and others with questions about hepatitis and liver health. Check in frequently to read what others have to say, post your comments, and hopefully learn more about how you can reach your own health goals.

Privacy Warning: Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.
  • The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.
  • All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.
  • Product advertisement (including links); banners; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from the Hep Forum Moderators.
Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: harvoni treatment finished but still nauseous every day  (Read 8080 times)

Offline gidget

harvoni treatment finished but still nauseous every day
« on: December 05, 2015, 05:10:40 pm »
Maybe I'm inpatient, but I finished my 12 week Harvoni treatment last week.  For the last month of treatment I have been super nauseous with on and off abdominal pains every day.  Although it's been only a week, I thought it would lessen but not so.  Anyone out there further along than myself with this side effect?
Gidget

Offline lin44

Re: harvoni treatment finished but still nauseous every day
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2015, 09:12:58 pm »
HI Gidget,
Yes I started with the bad stomach pains week 7 of my 8 week  treatment and it continued for about 3 weeks. Now I'm  5 weeks EOT, I do have sensitivity dull pain in the liver area  now when I eat fats. My liver  and gallbladder were normal in the scan I took last week.
 I've been non detective since 3rd week on treatment, I'm taking my 6 weeks half way mark blood test next week with hopes that I'm on the cured road.

Offline Mugwump

• My number of posts means nothing, piscor ergo sum!
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2015, 10:28:08 pm »
Maybe I'm inpatient, but I finished my 12 week Harvoni treatment last week.  For the last month of treatment I have been super nauseous with on and off abdominal pains every day.  Although it's been only a week, I thought it would lessen but not so.  Anyone out there further along than myself with this side effect?
Gidget
The amount of time it takes for individuals to get over treatment is not something which can be predicted. However how long the drug stays in your system is.

Many are finding it takes only a short time for their liver to heal and thus make your system settle into a more normal state of affairs. I had extensive liver damage and am now 6 months post treatment in really good shape. But it took about 4 months to really start to know that my liver and related digestive system was back and healthy again.

It seems that careful exercise, a moderate diet and most of all knowing the dragon is dead will help you to heal faster. So if you have a 4 week post treatment VL test look forward to the words SVR4 because it means that you have better than 98 percent chance of being totally free of the virus. An undetected status at end of treatment gives you better than 90 percent chance. And SVR 12 is now considered cured.

The waiting for confirmation that you are free from the virus does sets your stomach in motion more than harvoni treatment. I know the wait for me was much harder than the recovery. So all the best in reaching the milestones! And take good care of yourself and do something nice for the ones you love. Staying busy and not worrying about things is still the very best medicine and it worked for me.

It does take a while to clear the results of liver cells being replaced from your system. It should only take a few more days for the Harvoni to be gone. Referenced here  http://www.rxlist.com/harvoni-drug/clinical-pharmacology.htm For ledipasvir, the rest is in the other documentation that this website quotes. So it is the exchange of dead liver cells that were killed off by HCV that can take the longer time to get over and we all experience different periods of healing for that very reason.
The median terminal half-life of ledipasvir following administration of HARVONI was 47 hours.
Caution shameless self promotion below :-)
https://www.hepmag.com/article/eric-reesor-27742-782589663
DING DONG MY DRAGON (HCV) IS FINALLY DEAD!

Offline SIXFOOTFOUR

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2016, 12:24:27 pm »
In my experience my post medication (EOT) side effects were much worse than on Harvoni.

Post TX I was nauseous and had other GI problems for close to 2 months, I also experienced fatique and some headaches. Overall the EOT side effects were worse than during treatment.  As time went by it all cleared up, a lot of water and small meals helped me through it.   

best of Luck
Sixfootfour
* Contracted Hep C 1971 post transfusion (non A - non
   B Hep dx in 1971)
* Dx as Hep C early 2000
* Geno 1b
* Stage 3-4 Fibrosis by Biopsy and FibroScan
* VL at start of TX > 6 mil
* ALT/AST High normal range at start of Tx 
* Started Harvoni 12 week course 3/6/15 -
   completion 5/29/15
* Undetected at 6 weeks on Tx
* ALT/AST Mid normal range at 6 week blood test
* Completed 12 weeks (84 pills) 6/28/15
* Undetected at 11 weeks & 6 months EOT

Offline thingsbuilt

« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2016, 03:35:22 pm »
I've had nausea too, for the past several days after I finished my 12 week course.
Except that I didn't have much nausea during my treatment... just a whole lot of other side-effects. I knew I wouldn't be feeling 'great' the day after I finished but I didn't expect to feel worse.

I had very little liver damage before, and it was a relatively new exposure, but my clinic has never given me any of the stats you all have, and I only see them every three months. So I don't know the numbers. And I no longer care to try to interact with them on this subject (or the subject of side-effects). They got me the Harvoni, but they seem uninterested in patient follow-up.

My joint pain (left knee, left wrist) are still pretty bad, but the profound insomnia
is beginning to let up. Fuzzy as ever; I put my brown leather jacket down yesterday, somewhere, and can't remember where it is...  and for some reason I don't have a work key on my key ring anymore...

(I've just deleted a few sentences saying I regret ever having gone on this drug in the first place..  hoping I will eventually see it as a positive)

sr

Offline Charles413

« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2016, 01:44:28 pm »
I now have 5 days left! For the last month I fell really sick after I take a pill,  get real   tired and have to nap. I got a cold right after Chritmas and now I have to nap at least twice a day.  I get real foggy and can't think straight .   Hope it all end after the tretment , but after I read this blog looks like I may have to wait longer. . 
« Last Edit: January 16, 2016, 01:51:23 pm by Charles413 »

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.