Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 01, 2024, 06:20:22 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 6307
  • Latest: golfer
Stats
  • Total Posts: 55126
  • Total Topics: 4851
  • Online Today: 93
  • Online Ever: 1314
  • (June 22, 2016, 05:23:42 am)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 74
Total: 74

Welcome

Welcome to the Hep Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people who have Fatty Liver Disease, Hepatitis B, C or a co-infection, their friends and family and others with questions about hepatitis and liver health. Check in frequently to read what others have to say, post your comments, and hopefully learn more about how you can reach your own health goals.

Privacy Warning: Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.
  • The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.
  • All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.
  • Product advertisement (including links); banners; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from the Hep Forum Moderators.
Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: TK's Solvaldi/Velpatasvir 12 week Dragon Slaying Adventure!  (Read 25286 times)

Offline tkflex36

TK's Solvaldi/Velpatasvir 12 week Dragon Slaying Adventure!
« on: January 06, 2016, 02:55:56 pm »
Well its official, I can finally make a post in the "on tx" section! I was given 12 weeks of sof/velpatasvir and took my first dose at noon today. I'll use this thread to give updates, report sides and test results. Pre tx test showed a VL of 507,000, and .29 on fibro test or F1. I forgot to ask for the lft results so I'll report on that next week when I go for 1 week labs. Here's hoping for one soon to be dead dragon!
Geno 3A, dx in 2001, 34 years old
Pre tx labs 12/21/15
VL 507,000
ALT 96
AST 136
Started trial of sovaldi and velpatasvir on 1/6/16
Week one blood work 1/13/16
VL  <15 detected
Alt-22
Ast-17
Week 4-2/3/16...VL-UNDETECTED
*don't stop fighting til the dragon is dead*

Offline jakas

Re: TK's Solvaldi/Velpatasvir 12 week Dragon Slaying Adventure!
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2016, 02:58:43 pm »
Great keep us updated :)
M/57 yrs.
Contracted (Unknown) 10-20-30 yrs back ??
Treatment Naive
Geno 1a&1b
VL  17+ million
ALT 200+, AST 170+
Fibroscan F4 ( 26+ kpa ) on 8th Dec. 2105
Started Tx 11th Dec.2015 ( 12 wks. Gilead Harvoni)
7/1/2016 :Viral Load|<25 UND.
23/1/2016: ALT 34 , AST 35, ALP 143
8 week NO labs done
EOT:03.03.2016 ( 84 pills eaten )
ALT 26, ALP 124, BIL .54
V/L <25 UND E.O.T.
4 weeks E.O.T. V/L UND::: SVR 4
SVR 12 and  SVR 24 on 16/8/16
Fibro 24.5kpa 23/05/16
SVR 63 05/17
Fibro 17.03.2020 kpa 6.3

Offline KimInTheForest

• Believe in yourself
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2016, 03:04:02 pm »
Well its official, I can finally make a post in the "on tx" section! I was given 12 weeks of sof/velpatasvir and took my first dose at noon today. I'll use this thread to give updates, report sides and test results. Pre tx test showed a VL of 507,000, and .29 on fibro test or F1. I forgot to ask for the lft results so I'll report on that next week when I go for 1 week labs. Here's hoping for one soon to be dead dragon!

Congratulations TK! Many of us will be very interested in your updates since you are one of the first people on these forums to report back on the new Sovaldi/Velpatasvir combo. I assume you are getting it via a clinical trial? I didn't think it had been approved yet.

Update: I see from your sig file that you are doing it through clinical trial. My question has been answered. ;)

best,
kim
« Last Edit: January 06, 2016, 03:08:07 pm by KimInTheForest »
Kim Goldberg (Nanaimo, BC)
1970s: Contracted HCV (genotype 3a)
2015: Cured with Harvoni + ribavirin (12 weeks)
MY STORY: https://pigsquash.wordpress.com/2016/01/28/undetectable-my-hep-c-story/

Offline tkflex36

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2016, 03:13:06 pm »
Yes clinical trial, I was trying to attach a picture but I'm not sure how. So in case anyone is curious these pills look just like harvoni except they are light pink instead of orange, and have different #'s of the one side. I'll be getting lots of blood work so I will be able to give almost a week by week example of exactly what the drugs do!
Pre tx labs 12/21/15
VL 507,000
ALT 96
AST 136
VL  <15 detected
Alt-22
Ast-17

Offline Alico

« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2016, 04:47:47 pm »
Hi
Is this trial the one with 2 arms... The other arm being a 8 week triple???
So you gOt randomised for the 12 week sof/ vel... Best one I think!
How long was it .from screening to starting treatment???

Best of luck
Alico
Xxxx
« Last Edit: January 06, 2016, 05:08:17 pm by Alico »

Offline tkflex36

« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2016, 04:54:15 pm »
Hi
Is this trial the one with 2 arms... The other arm being a 8 week triple???
So you gOt randomised for the 12 week sof/ vel... Best one I think!
How long was it .from screening to starting treatment???

Best of luck
Alison
Xxxx

Yes this is the one with the 8 wk triple arm. I  am happy I got the 12 weeks as I'm a geno 3 so the longer the better, although past trials with the 8 wk triple in geno 3 was 100% in the study I saw, but with a very small # of patients  (like 15). I went for screening on 12/21/15. I sent my records to them in march of last year, they called me in nov. So it's been a fairy long ordeal but worth it!
Pre tx labs 12/21/15
VL 507,000
ALT 96
AST 136
VL  <15 detected
Alt-22
Ast-17

Offline Alico

« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2016, 05:02:37 pm »
Thanks
I feel the same as you... Longer better
The triple is unknown really.. Like you say small numbers..
Sof/ vel 12 weeks is very good and has been trialled with much larger no.
As your vl is low and you are young etc.. Everything is in your favour.
I think your chances are excellent!!!

I know of this trial but I'm not making any moves towards it.. Even though half of me wants to... I'm scared I'd get 8 week and fail as I'm older, have high viral load and have failed interferon/ ribavirin before this.
If I was sure I'd get 12 week... I'd jump at it!
But Sod's law I'd get 8 week... And worried I'd fail and end up with a virus that might be hard to treat in the future.
As matter of interest .. What did your consultant say his view of the trial was.. In terms of success? For both arms?? Was he optimistic about the 8 weeks part???
Thanks
Alico x
« Last Edit: January 06, 2016, 05:07:48 pm by Alico »

Offline tkflex36

« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2016, 05:16:10 pm »
Thanks
I feel the same as you... Longer better
The triple is unknown really.. Like you say small numbers..
Sof/ vel 12 weeks is very good and has been trialled with much larger no.
As your vl is low and you are young etc.. Everything is in your favour.
I think your chances are excellent!!!

I know of this trial but I'm not making any moves towards it.. Even though half of me wants to... I'm scared I'd get 8 week and fail as I'm older, have high viral load and have failed interferon/ ribavirin before this.
If I was sure I'd get 12 week... I'd jump at it!
But Sod's law I'd get 8 week... And worried I'd fail and end up with a virus that might be hard to treat in the future.
As matter of interest .. What did your consultant say his view of the trial was.. In terms of success? For both arms?? Was he optimistic about the 8 weeks part???
Thanks
Alico x

They were very optimistic about both arms, but I'm a skeptic by nature so I can't see as if they have any more info regarding the triple then you or i. So they are going off the limited trial data with small #s as are we. However this is a big trial so if the triple brings the same results or better as the duel in only 8 wks I believe that will be THE hep c tx of the future. My doc said sof/vel should be available to everyone by june!
Pre tx labs 12/21/15
VL 507,000
ALT 96
AST 136
VL  <15 detected
Alt-22
Ast-17

Offline Linux

« Last Edit: January 07, 2016, 04:06:03 am by Linux »
Dx: Nov 2015 HCV, GT-2b, VL: ~10 Mil, Fibrotest-Actitest: F3/A1 Naive - Rx: Sovaldi + Riba - 12 wk (SOON to start, I hope)

Who said 62 is old, I'm still young enough to kick a dragon's ass!

Offline Alico

« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2016, 04:39:05 am »
They were very optimistic about both arms, but I'm a skeptic by nature so I can't see as if they have any more info regarding the triple then you or i. So they are going off the limited trial data with small #s as are we. However this is a big trial so if the triple brings the same results or better as the duel in only 8 wks I believe that will be THE hep c tx of the future. My doc said sof/vel should be available to everyone by june!

With you on all above.. Agreed... Well in USA it's  due to be approved late June I believe.. How quickly after that its available to buy.. I don't know.
You obviously took the chance re the triple! You must have somehow believed it stood as good a chance as sof/ vel ... Or did you just go for the trial hoping to get the 12 weeks and it paid off?
I'd like to believe it was the one! Too... But like you I'm a sceptic by nature and think maybe 100% was because the people selected for the triple.. Small no. Were good candidates anyway?
You are a good candidate by your stats!
I did actually think it was for tx failures but you are naive?
I'm getting cross with myself because I'm sitting on the fence here...
Afraid to advance and push to get on it as I'm afraid if I got the triple it wouldn't be long enough and I'd have damaged my chances long term... Making me even harder to treat in the future!

The other thing is I'm in uk so sof/ vel even to buy privately won't be here until autumn at least as the ema are behind and take longer than the FDA!
I haven't had fibroscan since last feb... But they aren't that reliable and mine jumps about a bit... Not sure why..
It's been as high as 10.4 once... But had quite a few at 7.8 and one in the 9s... I'm quite thin ... I think it registers higher with people who carry more weight.. In my observations...obviously fatty liver plays a part.!
Basically in the middle section.. They are a bit foggy in their readings...until you tip over to cirrhosis that is!
Trying to sort my brain out by writing all this down...as well as throwing out feelers for other people's insights !
Take care
Love
Alice xxxxx
« Last Edit: January 07, 2016, 04:40:37 am by Alico »

Offline tkflex36

« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2016, 10:22:52 am »
Alice,
 I was hoping for the 12 weeks but I was gonna go for it no matter what, plus I have a spare bottle of harvoni I would of taken at the end of 8 weeks if things looked bleak :). Reguardin the fibro results I've had a biopsy in 09 showed f1, then I had 2 fibrosure test done last year the first showed f3, the next showed f2. I just had another one done 2 weeks ago and showed f1. So who knows how they get these numbers. My trial location has a scan machine  (which they said I don't need because of f1) but I plan on asking them to do it towards the end of tx. I'm not sure what geno you are I probably missed it, but sof/vel with or with out the gs9587 have really good SVR rates in tx experienced patients. I am tx naive, and at 34 I feel like I got nothing to lose and everything to gain. Have you looked into daclatasvir for 24 weeks? I know people are getting that into the UK through fixhepc.com for about $2000 for 24 weeks. Let me know if you have any questions about going that route!

Best wishes,
TK
Pre tx labs 12/21/15
VL 507,000
ALT 96
AST 136
VL  <15 detected
Alt-22
Ast-17

Offline BillT

« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2016, 11:25:05 am »
Welcome to the forum TK and Alico,
                                                   Nothing but the best of luck to you TK.Let us know how it goes and any sx.Hopefully they'll be minimal and you'll glide through this in a easy manner.

Alico(damn I hate autocorrect)
       Just for the record the cure rate for the interferon was only 30%.It didn't work for me,and I personally don't know of anyone that was cured by it.That was one ugly treatment and I congratulate you just for surviving it. :)
« Last Edit: January 07, 2016, 11:26:44 am by BillT »
Contracted 1973 Military
Diagnosed 1980
Pegintron treatment 2004 unsucessful
Genotype 1b
FibroScan 10 (F2)
Start Viekira 10.17.2015

AST 40 ALT 69
VL 440k
10.31.2015/Week 2 Labs : AST 14/ALT 17
No VL done
10.14.2015/Week 4 labs : AST 14/ALT 14
VL UNDETECTED!!!
12.11.2015/Week 8 Labs : AST 12/ALT 13
No VL done
01.05.2016/EOT labs : AST 15/ALT 13
VL UNDETECTED!!!

12 WEEK SRV:UN-BLOODY DETECTABLE !!!!!!!!

24 WEEK SVR:UNDETECTABLE!!!! Thank You God.

Fibroscan 6Mo. Post Treatment 7.15.2016-5.3(F1)

Offline Alico

« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2016, 01:12:34 pm »
Hi tk

Thanks...
I'm geno 3 !
Oh .. Harvoni? Well that's novel! But I do know in trials there were good results with geno 3 even if its not officially approved for them.
Yes heard of fixhepc too... But unsure how it works outside of Australia... ?
Did not know it was possible into uk! ????
Thanks
Alice x

Offline KimInTheForest

• Believe in yourself
« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2016, 01:21:42 pm »
Hi tk

Thanks...
I'm geno 3 !
Oh .. Harvoni? Well that's novel! But I do know in trials there were good results with geno 3 even if its not officially approved for them.
Yes heard of fixhepc too... But unsure how it works outside of Australia... ?
Did not know it was possible into uk! ????
Thanks
Alice x

Hi Alice. If you want, you could get 12 weeks of sovaldi+daklilnza (which is curing geno 3) via the Redemption-2 trial being conducted by fixhepc for $1,400. And they ship to UK. The drugs are generic versions of the real thing. Others here have reported good results by going through fixhepc (Australia Buyers Club). Here is the link to the trial info: http://fixhepc.com/redemption-2

good luck with whatever path you choose,
kim :)
MY STORY: https://pigsquash.wordpress.com/2016/01/28/undetectable-my-hep-c-story/

Offline tkflex36

« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2016, 01:50:43 pm »
Alice,
I strongly suggest what Kim just said! I know for a fact people are getting the generics sent to the UK with no problems. I would look into it and go for it before things get  stricter. I was almost ready to go that route when the trial called. There is no better time to get treated then today. Anyway I took my second dose today and all is well, just had a dry mouth last night while sleeping. 82 days to go..lol
Pre tx labs 12/21/15
VL 507,000
ALT 96
AST 136
VL  <15 detected
Alt-22
Ast-17

Offline Alico

« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2016, 01:59:39 pm »
Hey tk,
Yes but you went for trial...
Which I think I could persue. !! If I felt it was the right thing to do.
I'm also a bit scared of whole trusting the generic route... As that's all a bit unknown too...!
You obviously felt the 3 drug 8 week was a goer!!! Otherwise you'd have gone genetic route instead!

It's all very confusing and complicated to me!
Thanks everyone though for input and thoughts...
Love
Alice xxxx

Offline KimInTheForest

• Believe in yourself
« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2016, 02:01:04 pm »
The fixhepc Redemption trials have a map online of where they can ship to and where they can't. UK is one of many countries where they can ship to (without hassle at border impounding drugs etc.). Map is at bottom of this page: http://fixhepc.com/redemption-imagine-freedom-from-hepatitis-c

I was Geno 3a for 45 years until being cured last year in a 12-week clinical trial of Harvoni+ribavirin. If I had NOT been able to get into that trial, I would be going this route right now via the redemption trial to purchase 12 weeks of Sovaldi+Daklilnza (actually sofosbuvir+daclatasvir, since they are generic) for $1,400. I was not eligible (and still would not be eligible) to be covered for non-Interferon treatments where I am in Canada because I was treatment naive and not cirrhotic.

kim

Offline tkflex36

« Reply #17 on: January 07, 2016, 02:09:44 pm »
I would suggest looking into the trial first and if you can't get in go with generics. Either way is alot better then waiting around until you are sick enough for insurance to cover you. Best of luck on whichever way you decide to go!

TK
Pre tx labs 12/21/15
VL 507,000
ALT 96
AST 136
VL  <15 detected
Alt-22
Ast-17

Offline Alico

« Reply #18 on: January 07, 2016, 02:14:49 pm »
Thanks.  Kim,
Interesting you succeeded with harvoni!

Read redemption trials.. Think they are trying out diff sources.. That worries me!
What if you get bummer drugs?
It's all a bit risky I recon as you are not 100 % sure where the drugs are actually coming from... A lot of trust needed.. And although the dr. May be legite.. Who knows about the suppliers ?
Thing is I'm not sure really...
Both you and kt were brave enough to go on the trials!
Or just plain optimistic... But I've failed once and would be floored if I failed again through making the wrong choices!!!!
Love
Alico

Offline Alico

« Reply #19 on: January 07, 2016, 02:17:24 pm »
Thanks tk..

It's not insurance in uk!
Xxxxxx

Offline KimInTheForest

• Believe in yourself
« Reply #20 on: January 07, 2016, 02:23:52 pm »
Thanks.  Kim,
Interesting you succeeded with harvoni!

Read redemption trials.. Think they are trying out diff sources.. That worries me!
What if you get bummer drugs?
It's all a bit risky I recon as you are not 100 % sure where the drugs are actually coming from... A lot of trust needed.. And although the dr. May be legite.. Who knows about the suppliers ?
Thing is I'm not sure really...
Both you and kt were brave enough to go on the trials!
Or just plain optimistic... But I've failed once and would be floored if I failed again through making the wrong choices!!!!
Love
Alico

Alice, I believe that the fixhepc people actually test all generics for purity before shipping them to anyone. That is the way they have been doing it domestically for the Australia Buyers Club. This worldwide trial simply allows them to ship overseas, which they were not previously able to do. I don't believe you are buying a pig in a poke. But it is true that you as a patient in this redemption trial don't know which generic supplier your drugs will come from - only fixhepc knows that. (Edit: It may be that you do know which supplier, you just don't get to select your own supplier. I am not sure.)

The Harvoni/riba trial I participated in here in Canada had already been done in New Zealand where they had a 100% cure rate for treatment-naive geno 3, even those with cirrhosis!. Small sample size - but still a strong indicator. So I was quite confidant I would be cured. Just wasn't looking forward to the 12 weeks of riba. But I survived. Haha! ;)

kim

Offline Alico

« Reply #21 on: January 07, 2016, 02:58:48 pm »
Thanks Kim..
There has been trial done in New Zealand with 8 weeks triple... 19/19 100% success but I think that's very small numbers! Tx exp too!
Would you trust this small a cohort????
Xxxxx
Ps my viral load is in double figures millions too and I'm way past 50!
« Last Edit: January 07, 2016, 03:02:07 pm by Alico »

Offline KimInTheForest

• Believe in yourself
« Reply #22 on: January 07, 2016, 03:08:30 pm »
Thanks Kim..
There has been trial done in New Zealand with 8 weeks triple... 19/19 100% success but I think that's very small numbers! Tx exp too!
Would you trust this small a cohort????
Xxxxx

I would view it as a good indicator of probable success for you - maybe 95% likelihood. That's the way I viewed the 100% success rate in the case of my own trial.

I think the 100% success cohort in the NZ version of the trial I participated in was just 27. I will be interested to see if the larger Canadian version of the same trial has comparable results. Our collective results haven't been tabulated yet.

But still, I hear you on the concern about 8 weeks. What is the triple combo? Sovaldi/Velpatasvir/ribavirin?

If it were me, as a geno 3, I would probably feel more confident about 12 weeks of Sovaldi+Dalkinza (generic version) from the fixhepc redemption trial. I mean, if the 2 options were offered to me when I still had hep c, I would have chosen 12 weeks of Sovladi/daklinza. but then, I have confidence that the generics being supplied by fixhepc are indeed the real thing. If you don't have that confidence, that would alter your decision.

These are hard choices for all of us. I sympathize. I had pretty much talked myself out of participating in the trial that cured me because I didn't want to do 12 weeks of riba. I am very glad now in retrospect that I finally managed to let go of my fear and embrace the miracle that the Universe was offering me. But it is different for everyone,. No 'right' answer.

best to you,
kim

Offline Alico

« Reply #23 on: January 07, 2016, 03:37:54 pm »
Thanks Kim.. I hear all that you are saying.. And am happy that you succeeded ...
Being tax naive may have helped.
You were brave too.. Considering harvoni was touted and still is as the geno 1 drug...not giving it to 3 at all in uk.

Well sof/vel has good reports... 12 weeks is equal if not better than 12 weeks sof/dac!

That's why I'm wondering if the 8 weeks that tk is on .. May be he ticket as it is sof/vel and another Gilead drug 9857 a protease inhibitor... But scared if failed these 2rd generation drugs... There is not much coming after them.. And if stuck with a rav..then potentially untreatable for years to come.
Apparently dac is a first generation daa... So potentially I suppose if that fails i couldhave a chance with sof/ vel plus 9857 later.. But god knows when!

(No scares re ribavirin as it didn't touch my hb first time around!!!) but this is not in the mix anyway!
It's potentially a case of poss dac/sof 12 weeks versus the trial.. Wherein I trust the arm of sof/vel for 12 weeks but would worry given my stats and tx experienced.
Tk above should be fine I recon... Young, low vl, moderate/ mild fibrosis and tx naive...tk you'll smash it!!!
Me.. Old, high vl, moderate/ advanced fibrosis and tx experienced... Less chance!!!
I'm the harder to treat geno 3 they talk about... Not quite cirrhosis but heading that way!
All the more reason to tx... But it has to be the right treatment or I'm snuckered!

Love
Alico xxxxxxx
« Last Edit: January 07, 2016, 03:39:40 pm by Alico »

Offline tkflex36

« Reply #24 on: January 08, 2016, 10:03:45 am »
Well its day 3 today! I can report very little if any sides. It took me awhile to fall asleep last nite but once I did I slept good. Eating is normal although I am a bit more thristy then before and have been drinking more water. I do have a question I am dealing with a tooth ache that I fear may have an infection. There are 2 antibiotics on the list of meds I cannot take while on treatment, trial center says anything else would be ok as far as antibiotics go. Anyone else had to take antibiotic while on treatment?
Pre tx labs 12/21/15
VL 507,000
ALT 96
AST 136
VL  <15 detected
Alt-22
Ast-17

Offline tkflex36

« Reply #25 on: January 10, 2016, 04:48:06 pm »
5 days in and still no sides to report on. I'm feeling a bit more energy and focus. I go in for week 1 labs on weds. Will post as soon as I get the one week results, I'm excited to see what this magic bullet can do in just 7 days!
Pre tx labs 12/21/15
VL 507,000
ALT 96
AST 136
VL  <15 detected
Alt-22
Ast-17

Offline tkflex36

« Reply #26 on: January 19, 2016, 10:35:23 pm »
Well I am 14 days into the sof/vel. Happy to say I have had zero side effects from the meds. I had one week bloods last Wed and go for week 2 bloods tomorrow. My vl to start was 507,000, and alt was in the 50's as was the ast. I'm hoping they have my vl results after 1 week tomorrow but if they don't I'll have updated lft results to share from one week of tx. I just wanna put this out there that if you are putting off tx because u are scared of sides dont, cause I've felt nothing! Not implying everyone will experience this but it's certainly not a reason not to get treated! Peace and love to everyone!
Tk
Pre tx labs 12/21/15
VL 507,000
ALT 96
AST 136
VL  <15 detected
Alt-22
Ast-17

Offline tkflex36

« Reply #27 on: January 21, 2016, 01:11:01 pm »
One week bloods are in! My viral load went from507,000 to under 15 in one week of treatment. My alt is now 22 and ast is 17. Very excited about these numbers!
Pre tx labs 12/21/15
VL 507,000
ALT 96
AST 136
VL  <15 detected
Alt-22
Ast-17

Offline FutureThinker

• Onward and upward!
« Reply #28 on: January 21, 2016, 01:35:52 pm »
Excellent, excellent news!!!  FT
Treatment naive
Likely contracted mid-70s
Diagnosed 1a, 2011
F1-2
Harvoni X 12 weeks, completed 5/17/16
Pre-treatment: VL 3 mil, AST 64, ALT 84
4 week labs: VL 30, AST 21, ALT 14
8 week labs: VL UD!!!, AST 22, ALT 16
12 week labs: VL UD, AST 23, ALT 14
2 wk EOT: VL UD
12 wk EOT: VL UD, AST 22, ALT 13 =  SVR 12! Yay! 
Last hep appointment: VL UD, AST 19, ALT 12 = SVR 39! I AM DONE!

Offline slats1056

• SVR to all and to all a good life!
« Reply #29 on: January 21, 2016, 05:01:22 pm »
 Very exciting indeed! and interesting also. Great that it seems to be working well right off the bat. Good Luck , Good Health , And Godspeed to You!
73 non ab 98 hep c refused pegint/riba
6-15 Gen.1b 1/2 MIL ALT72 AST37 No cirrhosis
7-15  Harvoni 12 weeks
10-14-15 EOT VIRAL LOAD NON-DET  
12-30-15 EOT+12 VIRAL LOAD NON DET  SVR12            8-9-18 HCV LOAD 1.02IU/ml AST22  ALT30 RELAPSE?
9-18-18 confirmed gt 1b relapse
10-16-18 approved 16 weeks Mavyret

Offline tkflex36

« Reply #30 on: January 27, 2016, 10:21:14 am »
Week 2 labs are in.
Alt-19
Ast-21
VL- <15 detected  8)
Pre tx labs 12/21/15
VL 507,000
ALT 96
AST 136
VL  <15 detected
Alt-22
Ast-17

Offline slats1056

« Reply #31 on: January 27, 2016, 10:52:04 am »
 Man, that is the way to give the dragon a swift kick in the ass!! Great news! Hope You are feeling well also. No Sxs. or issues either? good for You.

SOMETIMES THE WRONG CHOICES BRING US TO THE RIGHT PLACES! :)
7-15  Harvoni 12 weeks
12-30-15 EOT+12 VIRAL LOAD NON DET  SVR12            8-9-18 HCV LOAD 1.02IU/ml AST22  ALT30 RELAPSE?

Offline tkflex36

« Reply #32 on: January 27, 2016, 10:58:25 am »
No I feel great! No sx to speak of, just really thankful I got this opportunity.
Pre tx labs 12/21/15
VL 507,000
ALT 96
AST 136
VL  <15 detected
Alt-22
Ast-17

Offline slats1056

« Reply #33 on: January 27, 2016, 11:02:00 am »
 FANTASTIC NEWS! Keep after it & keep us up to date. Happy for You.  Always great to get new info. like this.  8) 8)
7-15  Harvoni 12 weeks

Offline omarcasa2016

« Reply #34 on: February 09, 2016, 08:32:18 am »
Hi everybody.
No news from TKFLEX36 since 13 days. hope everything is going well.
any update will be appreciated.
thanx

Offline tkflex36

« Reply #35 on: February 09, 2016, 08:53:08 am »
Hi Everyone,
Sorry for the no updates, life has been pretty crazy. I guess I felt since I don't really have much to report I wasn't going to post until I did. Anyway today is day 35, all is well no sides to speak of. I had 4 weeks labs drawn last Wed, I should have the results today or tomorrow. I was <15 detected at week 1 and again at week 2, so hoping for the undetected result at week 4. Will post again as soon as I know the most recent test results. Have a wonderful day everyone!
TK
Pre tx labs 12/21/15
VL 507,000
ALT 96
AST 136
VL  <15 detected
Alt-22
Ast-17

Offline omarcasa2016

« Reply #36 on: February 09, 2016, 08:59:16 am »
It's à pleasure to know that everything is OK
Good luck and do not hesitate to share with us the upcoming results
Best wishes 

Offline tkflex36

« Reply #37 on: February 10, 2016, 09:29:50 am »
Just got my 4 week lab results. Virus is no longer detected!  I still have 7 weeks to go, next test is week 8. Onward to SVR!
Pre tx labs 12/21/15
VL 507,000
ALT 96
AST 136
VL  <15 detected
Alt-22
Ast-17

Offline omarcasa2016

« Reply #38 on: February 10, 2016, 09:52:39 am »
Good news☺

Offline slats1056

« Reply #39 on: February 10, 2016, 10:35:59 am »
 Cool , another dose for the Dragon. Great to hear your results TK. Things are looking better and better each day! Wish You Luck and good Health.
7-15  Harvoni 12 weeks

Offline KimInTheForest

• Believe in yourself
« Reply #40 on: February 11, 2016, 03:08:30 pm »
Just got my 4 week lab results. Virus is no longer detected!  I still have 7 weeks to go, next test is week 8. Onward to SVR!

Way to go, TK! You are on your way to being cured. :)

kim

Offline Godisgood

« Reply #41 on: March 01, 2016, 01:46:58 pm »
New to this so idk if I'm doing this right. Anyways I'm just wondering where you are at now in your treatment. I am in the same study and on day 2. Thank you.

Offline tkflex36

« Reply #42 on: March 01, 2016, 03:32:26 pm »
I am starting week 9 tomorrow. I also go in for my week 8 bloodwork tomorrow. Congrats on getting into the trial, are you on the triple combo for 8 weeks of the double combo for 12 weeks?
Pre tx labs 12/21/15
VL 507,000
ALT 96
AST 136
VL  <15 detected
Alt-22
Ast-17

Offline Godisgood

« Reply #43 on: March 02, 2016, 12:48:05 am »
I am on the double combo for 12 weeks. I have genotype 3 as well so I'm thankful for the one I got. Any side effects going into week 9? Also do you take your pill at night or in the morning. I take it in the morning now but wondering if it would be better to take at night.  Thank you

Offline tkflex36

« Reply #44 on: March 02, 2016, 01:11:55 am »
Hi, Godisgood
I take my pill at noon every day, it has worked out well. As I've mentioned earlier in this thread I have experienced zero side effects while on this.  My viral load went from 507,000 before treatment to < 15 after just 7 days of taking the sof/vel. So even though you have only taken a few pills trust me when I say the virus feels like it's just been hit with 1000 atomic bombs! You will be undetected very soon, then it's onward to SVR! Good luck with your treatment, keep us posted!

TK
Pre tx labs 12/21/15
VL 507,000
ALT 96
AST 136
VL  <15 detected
Alt-22
Ast-17

Offline Godisgood

« Reply #45 on: March 02, 2016, 01:34:17 am »
That all sounds wonderful. I will definitely keep you updated, hope you do the same. Thanks again! God bless

Offline BillT

« Reply #46 on: March 02, 2016, 05:28:14 pm »
What phase of the trials are they in right now?
Contracted 1973 Military
Diagnosed 1980
Pegintron treatment 2004 unsucessful
Genotype 1b
FibroScan 10 (F2)
Start Viekira 10.17.2015

AST 40 ALT 69
VL 440k
10.31.2015/Week 2 Labs : AST 14/ALT 17
No VL done
10.14.2015/Week 4 labs : AST 14/ALT 14
VL UNDETECTED!!!
12.11.2015/Week 8 Labs : AST 12/ALT 13
No VL done
01.05.2016/EOT labs : AST 15/ALT 13
VL UNDETECTED!!!

12 WEEK SRV:UN-BLOODY DETECTABLE !!!!!!!!

24 WEEK SVR:UNDETECTABLE!!!! Thank You God.

Fibroscan 6Mo. Post Treatment 7.15.2016-5.3(F1)

Offline tkflex36

« Reply #47 on: March 02, 2016, 07:28:12 pm »
Phase 3
Pre tx labs 12/21/15
VL 507,000
ALT 96
AST 136
VL  <15 detected
Alt-22
Ast-17

Offline Godisgood

« Reply #48 on: March 03, 2016, 11:13:32 am »
Just took my 4th dose. No known side effects So far. I am also thirsty,  more then normal and my lips are dry. Drinking lots of water.  For those who don't know I am also in the phase 3 study of sof/vel 12 weeks. I'll keep you updated on lab results and side effects.

Offline tkflex36

« Reply #49 on: March 15, 2016, 01:12:37 pm »
Hey everybody!
I only have 14 pills left! Just got 8 week labs back, ast 30 alt 31 vl is still undetectable :) no sides to speak of, all is well!
Pre tx labs 12/21/15
VL 507,000
ALT 96
AST 136
VL  <15 detected
Alt-22
Ast-17

Offline Godisgood

« Reply #50 on: March 17, 2016, 12:44:11 am »
Congrats! I also just got blood work back. My starting labs were AST 23 ALT 26 viral load was 1,290,000. My first week results were AST 21 ALT 16 and viral load was <15.  I
am still detected for hep c, however those are great results. I have had very mild headaches from time to time and I've noticed an increase in appetite. I will post next week's results. God bless.

Offline tmf2

« Reply #51 on: March 18, 2016, 06:17:25 pm »
This sounds promising ! Just got off the phone with my liver Dr they are looking to prescribe Sovaldi/Velpatasvir for me upon FDA approval which they believe will be in June, It is the perfect combo for people who have failed Harvoni due to RAVS as I have. I’m  Cirrhotic so I seek treatment asap. Hopefully my insurance won't put up to much of a fuss retreating.

Keep posting your results and whatever sides you get.

Offline tkflex36

« Reply #52 on: March 29, 2016, 08:53:09 pm »
Just took my last pill! 84 days done ;D I go in for eot labs tomorrow  (on my birthday) then the long 3 month wait to see if the dragon is gone for good. Overall very easy treatment, no side effects the whole time. I'm very excited for everyone to be able to get these meds when they are released in june/July! I keep everyone updated on the test results when I get them. Be well friends!

TK
Pre tx labs 12/21/15
VL 507,000
ALT 96
AST 136
VL  <15 detected
Alt-22
Ast-17

Offline KimInTheForest

• Believe in yourself
« Reply #53 on: March 29, 2016, 10:29:42 pm »
Happy EOT & B'day TK!  8)

kim

Offline tkflex36

« Reply #54 on: March 29, 2016, 10:30:45 pm »
Thanks Kim! ;D
Pre tx labs 12/21/15
VL 507,000
ALT 96
AST 136
VL  <15 detected
Alt-22
Ast-17

Offline slats1056

« Reply #55 on: March 30, 2016, 09:54:50 am »
 Congratulations, good luck, and Happy Birthday Kiddo. Here is to Your upcoming SVR result. Happy for You! ;) ;D 8)
7-15  Harvoni 12 weeks

Offline Godisgood

« Reply #56 on: March 30, 2016, 12:32:02 pm »
Hi everyone, just received my 2 week blood test results. AST 18 ALT 13 and viral load UNDETECTED! in 2 weeks my viral load went from 1,290,000 to undetected...amazing. Side effects are very little to almost none. Very happy, God bless

Offline slats1056

« Reply #57 on: March 30, 2016, 12:50:36 pm »
 MOST EXCELLENT NEWS YET AGAIN! Always good to see those kind of numbers, especially with new Meds.! Great that You guys aren't any major Sxs. as well!
7-15  Harvoni 12 weeks

Offline Turtle

« Reply #58 on: April 08, 2016, 06:36:27 pm »
Just joined this forum - I just started this study on the 8wk triple combo arm. I will do a new thread based on the 8 weeks. But wanted to say it's great to hear tkflex and godisgood are both doing well.
GT 1b
Likely contracted in 1984
Dx 1990 (declined IF at that time)
Tx naive from 1990-2016
F2-F3 via biopsy in 2009
Fibrocscan 3/7/07 16.6
Sof/Vel/GS-9857 screen visit 3/10/2016 showed VL
of 1,030,000 ALT 74  AST 49
4/6/16 - Randomized to 8 weeks tx Sof/Vel/GS-9857. VL 1,630,000. ALT 63, AST 40.
4/12/16 VL 22. ALT 26, AST 21
4/19/16 VL undetected, ALT 16, ALT 17

Offline Godisgood

« Reply #59 on: April 08, 2016, 08:41:23 pm »
Congratulations! I am doing well Thank you. Keep us updated on your results and progress if you don't mind God bless.

Offline Philadelphia

• Global Moderator
  • It only looks like I know what I'm doing
« Reply #60 on: April 10, 2016, 12:17:58 am »
Good to see these great results with the new drugs. A cure is an amazing thing.
CURED SVR24  Class of 2015
Wk 12 post EOT 30.11.15: ALT 14 AST 22 GGT 22 VL UND
Week 19 07.08.15: ALT 17 AST 23 GGT 25
Week 12 18.06.15: ALT 21 AST 23 GGT 28
Week 8 25.05.15: ALT 23 AST 27 GGT 30 VL UND
Week 4 20.04.14: ALT 30 AST 36 VL 40
Treatment start 23.03.15: ALT 137 AST 185 VL 342,600
Cirrhosis Child-Pugh A, Genotype 1a - Viekira Pak + riba 24 weeks
Total failure interferon/ribavirin/boceprovir Mar 2013
https://www.hepmag.com/blogger/grace-campbell

Offline Godisgood

« Reply #61 on: April 15, 2016, 01:44:56 pm »
Hi everyone. I just got blood results back and I'm now detected at 45 viral load. I went from undetected to detected. Has anyone experienced this? I'm kind of freaking a bit.

Offline Philadelphia

• Global Moderator
  • It only looks like I know what I'm doing
« Reply #62 on: April 15, 2016, 07:12:28 pm »
What does your doctor have to say about it?
CURED SVR24  Class of 2015
Wk 12 post EOT 30.11.15: ALT 14 AST 22 GGT 22 VL UND
Week 19 07.08.15: ALT 17 AST 23 GGT 25
Week 12 18.06.15: ALT 21 AST 23 GGT 28
Week 8 25.05.15: ALT 23 AST 27 GGT 30 VL UND
Week 4 20.04.14: ALT 30 AST 36 VL 40
Treatment start 23.03.15: ALT 137 AST 185 VL 342,600
Cirrhosis Child-Pugh A, Genotype 1a - Viekira Pak + riba 24 weeks
Total failure interferon/ribavirin/boceprovir Mar 2013
https://www.hepmag.com/blogger/grace-campbell

Offline slats1056

« Reply #63 on: April 16, 2016, 12:10:01 am »
 Godisgood, Eyes on the prize which is EOT and EOT Plus 12 results. Hang in there and keep posting so We know what the latest news is. Always good to hear about the new meds and how Tx, is going!
                                Tommy
7-15  Harvoni 12 weeks

Offline Godisgood

« Reply #64 on: April 16, 2016, 12:37:50 am »
I have not spoke to my doctor or nurse. I request them to call me with my test results. So a women I've never heard of called me and said I have your lab test results back that you requested. She said viral load is a 45 and everything else was good. I then stated that my previous blood test was undetected. She then got all weird and said she didn't know that and they she will talk to my nurse and call me back. I missed the call serveral hours later because I was at work and now it's going into the weekend. Its hard not to worry. I know God is on my side though. Thank you all I will keep everyone updated.

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.