Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 21, 2023, 09:28:35 am

Login with username, password and session length

  • Total Posts: 55101
  • Total Topics: 4848
  • Online Today: 77
  • Online Ever: 1314
  • (June 22, 2016, 05:23:42 am)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 66
Total: 66


Welcome to the Hep Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people who have Fatty Liver Disease, Hepatitis B, C or a co-infection, their friends and family and others with questions about hepatitis and liver health. Check in frequently to read what others have to say, post your comments, and hopefully learn more about how you can reach your own health goals.

Privacy Warning: Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.
  • The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.
  • All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.
  • Product advertisement (including links); banners; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from the Hep Forum Moderators.
Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Harvoni and fatigue side effect  (Read 4025 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline JackN

  • Member
  • Posts: 52
Harvoni and fatigue side effect
« on: January 30, 2016, 01:55:19 pm »
Has anyone experienced ongoing fatigue during the treatment as a side effect?  And does it get better once off the harvoni 12 week treatment!
Likely infected 1970's
VL 575,000
Liver Functions normal (ALT/AST)
F0 Fibroscan
Started Harvoni 12-5-15
4week labs 63 VL
6week labs 21 VL
2-17-16 NONDETECTED :) prior to 12 week EOT
3-28-16 EOT 4 week testing = nondetected
5-11-16 EOT 10 week testing = nondetected

Offline gnatcatcher

  • Member
  • Posts: 1,372
Re: Harvoni and fatigue side effect
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2016, 05:06:43 pm »
Jack, a very large, multi-location, real-world study found that 22% of people taking Harvoni experience fatigue. I was in the other 78% -- in fact, Harvoni gave me extra energy that I missed after treatment was over. I've been reading hundreds of threads on these forums for a year now. My impression is that those who have ongoing fatigue during treatment do get better after treatment, but it may take a few days or weeks (or in rare cases months) to feel fully energetic again.

9/29/71 transfusions
HCV genotype 1a
7/09/15-9/30/15 Harvoni

Before treatment:
Viral Load 9,490,582
FibroScan 19.5 kPa [F4]
ALT 262
AST 217
ALP 183

Most recent:
FibroScan 7.6 kPa [F1-2]
ALT 15
AST 20
ALP 85


© 2023 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.