Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 06:14:02 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 6307
  • Latest: golfer
Stats
  • Total Posts: 55126
  • Total Topics: 4851
  • Online Today: 112
  • Online Ever: 1314
  • (June 22, 2016, 05:23:42 am)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 94
Total: 94

Welcome

Welcome to the Hep Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people who have Fatty Liver Disease, Hepatitis B, C or a co-infection, their friends and family and others with questions about hepatitis and liver health. Check in frequently to read what others have to say, post your comments, and hopefully learn more about how you can reach your own health goals.

Privacy Warning: Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.
  • The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.
  • All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.
  • Product advertisement (including links); banners; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from the Hep Forum Moderators.
Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Sovaldi & Daklinza questions  (Read 9168 times)

Offline gizmosmom

Sovaldi & Daklinza questions
« on: August 05, 2016, 06:56:42 pm »
Hi folks!
After Medicare denied me coverage for first Epclusa (never heard of it before), then Harvoni, I finally got letters today saying they will cover Sovaldi & Daklinza. I'm slightly familiar with Sovaldi & I've never heard of Daklinza. Has anyone taken this combo before? Is it more or less effective than the other treatments? Any nasty side effects? Any & all info would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Offline crabby old guy

Re: Sovaldi & Daklinza questions
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2016, 10:15:42 pm »
Gizmo, I'm on that combo plus ribavirin for 24 wks, after 20 wks I was able to stop just the riba because of the side affects. (Be gratefull it's not part of yours) I have geno 3 and was undetected at 6 weeks. There's a lot of people on here that do a lot of research so I'm sure you'll get a lot more input. Your on this site before starting the journey, that's a good 1st step. Best of luck.   Nice Avatar
Geno 3
cirrhosis
Liver function good
Sovaldi
Ribavirin
Daklinza
24 wk treatment

Offline gizmosmom

« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2016, 10:45:54 pm »
Crabby, thanks for the info. I know what you mean about the ribavirin. Years ago they had me doing the interferon shots with riba. What a horrible time that was. And it didn't work at all. Hopefully, this goes well. Congrats on nearing the end of your treatment. Wishing you all the best!

Offline Flutterby

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2016, 06:28:27 pm »
Hi Gizmosmom,

I'm on Dac/Solvadi combo - 12 weeks. It's reportedly good for G3, with low side effects compared to any combo that includes Ribo, and good cure rates (97% non-cirrhosis; 86% with cirrhosis).

Some more info here -
Daclatasivir:  https://www.drugs.com/mtm/daclatasvir.html
Solvadi (Sofosbuvir): https://www.drugs.com/sovaldi.html 

For me the fear of taking the meds every day was great to begin with, but all fine once I started. I have had no side effects other than aching joints for about two weeks now (I have never had this before, so I am pretty sure this is a side-effect). Must say however that at week 6 I feel like a fog has lifted - one that seemed to be always there with tiredness and fatigue - there is a clearness that wasn't there for as long as I can remember (it seems I had Hep C since I was a child). I don't wake up tired.... 

Good luck, and go well! It's so exciting that we can be rid of this thing!

G3,
early 80s; dx 2006
Tx started 07/07/2016
12wks - Daclatasvir/Sovaldi

Offline gizmosmom

« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2016, 08:04:50 pm »
Hi Flutterby!

I'm G3, too. I am on day 4. The first 2 were fine. The past 2 days, I'm starting to feel the side effects. I'm fatigued & my hips & legs hurt a little by the afternoon. But I'm grateful there are no headaches (at least not yet). I read up on side effects quite a bit, but there's nothing like hearing it from someone who's been there. I'm really looking forward to that clarity you're experiencing. I've been carrying this virus for over 30 years. I know that fog well. And to not wake up tired? That would be a miracle in & of itself! :) I'm also almost 3 years into a liver transplant. I'm grateful to be alive & I'm not going to let this virus start eating away at my new organ. I've gotten some nice feedback on these forums about treatment post-transplant.
By the way, I was also afraid of them when I first picked them up at the Rx. That was on a Thursday. I waited until Friday evening, thinking I'd have the weekend to suffer, if need be. I've been taking them around 10 every evening. Maybe I'm sleeping through the worst of it. Maybe not.
Congrats on being at the halfway mark! I look forward to better days for us all. :)

Offline AussieRosa

« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2016, 07:06:59 am »
Hi, Gizmosmom.
In my opinion, with everything you've been through, you're an incredibly brave person. Hang in there. You're on your way to being cured of this insidious virus. You just have to make it through a few more weeks. Wishing you all the best for a smooth and easy treatment. Please keep us updated on how you are going.
Gt 1a
contracted 1983
Fibroscan 6.1
Treatment naive
VL 2.97M
ALT 38
AST 47
Started Viekira Pak + Ribavirin Tues 19th Jan 2016
Week 4: VL Undetected!
March 5th Ribavirin dose reduction to 800mg from 1000mg
EOT April 11th 2016. VL Not Detected
12 Weeks post EOT: SVR12. Cured with a capital C!!
6 months post EOT: Undetected :-)

Offline Flutterby

« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2016, 07:12:01 am »
Totally agree! Sounds like you've been through tough times! Hope the Solvaldi/Dak goes well!!!
G3,
early 80s; dx 2006
Tx started 07/07/2016
12wks - Daclatasvir/Sovaldi

Offline gizmosmom

« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2016, 08:40:58 am »
AussieRosa & Flutterby,

Thank you for your kind words. I feel like this is the final battle for trying to be "normal" again. It's been a long, long time. This has to work, it just has to!

I felt better yesterday than I did the day before. Hopefully the side effects will be at a minimum. I was on interferon/ribo about 10 years ago. but after 2 weeks they pulled me off of it. So maybe this time...We just keep ploughing through though, don't we? :)

Thanks for being here for me. I'll keep you posted on progress. Please feel free to do the same. Better days ahead for all of us!

Offline Khb5

« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2016, 08:30:06 am »
Well just started yesterday ..so far so good

Offline gizmosmom

« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2016, 09:45:45 am »
Khb5, I wish you the best. Since my last post, I am now at the end of my 5th week. Some side effects come & go. Some days are much better than others. The worst side effect by far has been the fatigue. On the days when that hits me, it makes work rather difficult, as I have a physical job. But I just got labs back the other day, & my numbers have never been better, so it's doing it's thing. :)

Please keep us posted. This could be the miracle we've been waiting for. :)

Offline Khb5

« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2016, 12:31:20 pm »
So happy for you !! I will be glad to get to where you are ..keep up the great work !!
K

Offline Khb5

« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2016, 08:24:03 pm »
So how are you doing ? I'm just finishing week 7 .. Tests at 1 mo were ND...my last mo pills just arrived ..whoohoo...no side effects that I'm aware of...was worried the G3 was going to be resistant ..not sure why I thought that lol ..anyway ...hope you're doing fine
K

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.