Hepatitis C Main Forums > Hepatitis C Awareness and Activism

Harvoni class action lawsuit

<< < (2/6) > >>

Lynn K:
Ambulance chaser looking for clients

I just saw my doctor at the University of Washington Seattle last week asking about this. She is following the protocols of the AASLD and will continue to follow me every 6 months.

She said the studies with increased cancer were flawed and there are more studies with the opposite findings that treating help c reduces liver cancer risk.

Mugwump:
Let's see so far we have seen, RA, HCC, Hair loss, itching, joint pain, weight gain, re- activation of Lyme disease, migraines and the list seems to keep on growing.
Certainly we are going to see a number of people develop HCC post treatment. And it scares the crap out of me that I have seen quite a few HCV victims die of this disease already.

BUT I still do not want HCV back and firmly believe that my chances of developing HCC have been decreased by removing HCV from the equation. Again by successfully treating those who are f3 and f4 we are going to see more cases HCC post treatment that is just the way it is. Until there is a way to treat early onset HCC there is little that can be done. HCV is a real btard in this regard it obviously is one of the major causes of liver cancer and the longer you wait to remove it the greater the chances of developing cancer.
END OF STORY

I would not at all be surprised if this bunch of fly by night ambulance chasers asks for a nominal retainer to be refunded if there is a settlement. Of course the process of them suing Gilead will take quite a few years. To which I say put up or shut up! GRRR!!!! 

Mugwump:

--- Quote from: Lynn K on August 14, 2017, 12:04:08 pm ---Ambulance chaser looking for clients

I just saw my doctor at the University of Washington Seattle last week asking about this. She is following the protocols of the AASLD and will continue to follow me every 6 months.

She said the studies with increased cancer were flawed and there are more studies with the opposite findings that treating help c reduces liver cancer risk.

--- End quote ---
Lynn it will be interesting to follow the upcoming AASLD meetings scheduled for Oct 20-24. The work of Alberti will no doubt be discussed in much greater detail. Also the work done recently in Japan. It seems that what they are targeting is getting a better grip on the early assay of  epigenetic and transcriptional changes that occur in those who are more prone to developing HCC during and early post DAA Tx.

As we know the early treatment of the less aggressive forms of HCC can be very effective so catching the cancer before it becomes established HCC cell colonies might hold a great deal of promise.

Here is the site with the latest article on what the AASLD medical community is up to with HCC caused by HCV

Broken link removed by moderator

Interesting times ahead for all of us ex-heppers.

Lynn K:
"As we know the early treatment of the less aggressive forms of HCC can be very effective so catching the cancer before it becomes established HCC cell colonies might hold a great deal of promise."

Well I guess I am out of the loop on this because I know nothing about this. I don't know anything about catching HCC early. I just know HCC is bad and a death sentence if it metastasized from another cancer elsewhere in the body and is really only treatable if it is a primary cancer.

"epigenetic and transcriptional" not familiar with these terms either.

Hoping to never have to learn anything about HCC like I have had to learn about hep c and liver cirrhosis.

I fightis thetitis:

--- Quote from: Lynn K on August 14, 2017, 12:04:08 pm ---She said the studies with increased cancer were flawed and there are more studies with the opposite findings that treating help c reduces liver cancer risk.

--- End quote ---

Yes that appears to be what I have read as well, with two exceptions that science has not concluded yet.
It seems the only significant and very specific connections my Dr and other published professionals mention between cancer and daa's, are related to "cirrhotic F4" patients and patients who were "previously treated for hcc."

I have not heard or read any other connections from F1-3. Probably what you've heard or read, that the rapid hcv reduction may compromise our cancer fighting immune cells and put a severely diseased liver at greater risk. That would be me.

Perhaps there are posters on the forums that have the sky is falling hcc paranoia. I
don't buy into that.
My hope is the upcoming data will uncover the truth, or parts of. And, if there is a connection to find a treatment or method to help those that need it.

Yesterday, I found some real stories from F4 hep fighters on facebook that got aggressive tumors after Harvoni and passed away within 3 months. No prior hcc.
I'm not connecting dots. Just aware and monitoring.. hmmm. Not what I wanted to read.

For now I will stay optimistic and monitor with ultras every 3 mos as Dr ordered. Thank you for being there!

Best always,

Greg
Oh and one other thing, I also read that those new and re occurrences typically happened within the first year post tx and as already mentioned very aggressive tumor(s) appeared within 3 mos post hcv eradication. 
So I'm also hoping the longer we are post without it, our bodies have rebuilt the immune fighters.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version