Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:36:55 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 6307
  • Latest: golfer
Stats
  • Total Posts: 55125
  • Total Topics: 4851
  • Online Today: 125
  • Online Ever: 1314
  • (June 22, 2016, 05:23:42 am)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 100
Total: 100

Welcome

Welcome to the Hep Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people who have Fatty Liver Disease, Hepatitis B, C or a co-infection, their friends and family and others with questions about hepatitis and liver health. Check in frequently to read what others have to say, post your comments, and hopefully learn more about how you can reach your own health goals.

Privacy Warning: Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.
  • The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.
  • All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.
  • Product advertisement (including links); banners; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from the Hep Forum Moderators.
Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: im depression hep C  (Read 15375 times)

Offline aswadlive25

• I trust I'll end up sleeping cradled in my doom
im depression hep C
« on: March 28, 2016, 09:04:34 am »
what should i do im have no money for healty food to buy and medicine
idonno what im doing but its my fault cuz of drug im start 18 year old
and now im 27 Grrrrrrrrr
can't get work also
i want to commit suicide but im scared
im going crazy now
Alone+depression+sickness=Death

sorry for my emotional
i love this forum
i feel this
 http://shanghaiist.com/2015/05/01/freshman-student-carrying-hbv-commits-suicide-isolated.php

« Last Edit: March 28, 2016, 09:49:05 am by aswadlive25 »

Offline KimInTheForest

• Believe in yourself
Re: im depression hep C
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2016, 03:01:47 pm »
Hang on, aswadlive! I know it can seem very bleak, especially if you have been recently diagnosed and have no money. But you will get through this - honest! Hep C is not the end of the world. Many of lived with it for decades before being cured. I lived with Hep C for 45 years until I was cured last year with Harvoni. In other words, you can go a long time with Hepatitis C and still have a normal life and health. So don't worry too much about that part.

And most importantly, the cure is now here. One way or another, you will get cured. Even if it seems impossible right now. Some people (like me) get cured through clinical trials. Some people are able to buy low-cost generic version of the Hep C drugs from India, China and elsewhere and get cured that way.

The point is: you will get through this and you will be cured - and your health will be okay.

Added: It does not matter how you got Hep C or what you did in the past. Nobody asked for Hep C. nobody deserves it. Everybody who has it deserves to be cured. It is not your fault.

kim :)
« Last Edit: March 28, 2016, 03:05:36 pm by KimInTheForest »
Kim Goldberg (Nanaimo, BC)
1970s: Contracted HCV (genotype 3a)
2015: Cured with Harvoni + ribavirin (12 weeks)
MY STORY: https://pigsquash.wordpress.com/2016/01/28/undetectable-my-hep-c-story/

Offline lporterrn

• LucindaPorterRN
    • LucindaPorterRN
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2016, 03:28:26 pm »
I have been where you are aswadlive, and what I know solidly in my heart is that with some help, life gets better. Thinking about suicide is a serious, life-threatening symptom that you need help, and soon. I don't know where you live, so I'll give you
a variety of resources to help you through this rough time:

U.S. suicide hotline 1 (800) 273-8255 (Call to chat even if you aren't feeling suicidal a the moment)
Link to state and international hotlines http://www.suicide.org/suicide-hotlines.html

Hold tight to the fact that hep C is curable and even if you have no money, there are options for many people. Also, you have had it a short period of time and you are young. Even if you don't have the healthiest diet, if you aren't doing drugs or drinking, your liver can handle this. Don't lose hope. Trust me, if I thought it was hopeless, I'd tell you.
Lucinda Porter, RN
1988 Contracted HCV
1997 Interferon nonresponder
2003 PEG + ribavirin responder-relapser
2013 Cured (Harvoni + ribavirin clinical trial)
https://www.hepmag.com/blogger/lucindakporter

Offline beto

• "no risk it, no biscuit"
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2016, 04:27:44 pm »
aswadlive

I can't really add to Kim and Lucinda's comments.  However, I add my support for whatever it is worth.  Please find someone to talk about these feelings to.  In the meantime you will find that the people on this forum are a very supportive bunch.  Many of us have gone through emotional turmoils of all kinds.  You have friends here.  Peace and good luck to you...you will find a way through this.
HCV/nonA,nonB acute phase 1975
HCV detected active 1990
HCV persistent chronic diagnosis 1995
1995 liver enzymes mild elevations
1996 Biopsy F2 fibrosis
treatment naive geno 1-A
2000-to early 2015 Viral load 150, 000 to 800, 000
recent liver enzymes before treatment alt/ast 59to209,  Fibroscan F4,cirrhosis
start tx Harvoni 7/11/2015
6.5 week-UD-ast/alt 25/25
9wk-UD-ast18 alt23
10/3/15 completed tx
11/5/15 new fibroscan f0-f1 amazed
6wk EOT UD ast/alt 20/20
12EOT-UD-ast/alt19/21
25wk-SVR! 19/18

Offline aswadlive25

« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2016, 02:12:49 am »
i cant sleep all night cuz yesterday only 2hours sleep and im allday in bed
im going crazy idonno what im doing
i'm ashamed of myself and to my family and friends

im very SAD i wish i control myself allday sometimes im thinking bad

Offline Mugwump

• My number of posts means nothing, piscor ergo sum!
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2016, 06:28:34 am »
Do not look to blame yourself for your infection. At the same time do not blame others or try to understand why it happened. If you are kind to yourself it is much easier to be kind to others. Most of all find a path away from fear and self doubt.

There were times when I was at the same point that you are now. Then I look back and realize that I did not pass on this disease and have a wife who was not infected by having my child and living with me for over 30 years. My children are also not infected.

You are still young and the disease has not progressed yet so you have time to get cured and much to live for.

I know that you feel as if you are cursed but this is not the truth. You can find your path.

If I read you correctly you are from the Shanghai area. So getting treatment might be very hard and many will not understand and fear this disease the same way we once did here in the west. But the truth is that the infection is not at all easily spread and does not carry the same risks as is hepatitis a and b which are also infectious by contact and oral ingestion with food stuffs.

Try to understand when others do not understand and treat you without compassion, do not become angry with the ignorance of others. It is the only way to overcome this disease. I found over the years the fears and stress caused by this disease can only be handled by making the most of what you are good at doing. I cook professionally and study music. Do what you do the best you can and deal with the disease. By being kind to yourself and others you will overcome the depression, self doubt and shame.

My heart and thoughts are with you.
Eric

Caution shameless self promotion below :-)
https://www.hepmag.com/article/eric-reesor-27742-782589663
DING DONG MY DRAGON (HCV) IS FINALLY DEAD!

Offline aswadlive25

« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2016, 08:28:59 am »
im from philippines
you have child before you got HCV and unprotected sex?
im not treatment now im going worst my HCVZ? and i have no exercise diet also
no healty food

i cant sleep well cuz im thinking myself where im going or what should i do
but thank for this site is helpul

Chat?

« Last Edit: March 29, 2016, 08:46:59 am by aswadlive25 »

Offline lporterrn

• LucindaPorterRN
    • LucindaPorterRN
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2016, 12:07:46 pm »
Consider the fact that worrying about this is hurting you. It's like paying rent on a house you don't live in. Today is a new day, and maybe you can make one small change - walk for 10 minutes; eat one piece of fruit; when you find yourself worrying instead of sleeping, say, "I'll worry about that tomorrow." Do it over and over. I do an alphabet gratitude list - starting with A, I name something I am grateful for. I am asleep before I get to Z.
Lucinda Porter, RN
1988 Contracted HCV

Offline KimInTheForest

• Believe in yourself
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2016, 03:43:38 pm »
I do an alphabet gratitude list - starting with A, I name something I am grateful for. I am asleep before I get to Z.

Wow! I love the idea of an alphabet gratitude list! Very powerful! :)

MY STORY: https://pigsquash.wordpress.com/2016/01/28/undetectable-my-hep-c-story/

Offline lporterrn

• LucindaPorterRN
    • LucindaPorterRN
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2016, 06:35:28 pm »
Let me know what you get for X - one can only be so grateful for X-rays. Xcellent friends is cheating, but makes my heart feel fuller than X-rays do...
Lucinda Porter, RN
1988 Contracted HCV

Offline gnatcatcher

« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2016, 08:15:20 pm »
How about Xerox machines, xylem (without which no pure maple syrup), xylophones, x-axes on graphs, the X factor, X chromosomes, and X-acto knives?
9/29/71 transfusions
HCV genotype 1a
7/09/15-9/30/15 Harvoni

Before treatment:
Viral Load 9,490,582
FibroScan 19.5 kPa [F4]
ALT 262
AST 217
ALP 183

Most recent:
VL still UNDETECTED (SVR 102)
FibroScan 7.6 kPa [F1-2]
ALT 15
AST 20
ALP 85

Offline KimInTheForest

• Believe in yourself
« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2016, 08:34:04 pm »
How about Xerox machines, xylem (without which no pure maple syrup), xylophones, x-axes on graphs, the X factor, X chromosomes, and X-acto knives?

And most importantly... X-Files!

Offline lporterrn

• LucindaPorterRN
    • LucindaPorterRN
« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2016, 10:14:40 pm »
Those work in my world - esp X-files. And I love those X chromosomes! I had never even heard of xylem but I am grateful for it.
Lucinda Porter, RN
1988 Contracted HCV

Offline Lynn K

• Global Moderator
  • Get tested, get treated, get cured, fight Hep c!
« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2016, 10:40:22 pm »
im from philippines
you have child before you got HCV and unprotected sex?
im not treatment now im going worst my HCVZ? and i have no exercise diet also
no healty food

i cant sleep well cuz im thinking myself where im going or what should i do
but thank for this site is helpul

Chat?

Hi

Just wanted to say that for long term monogamous couples hep c is not considered to be sexually transmitted. There are many here who have had hep c but their spouse does not. If you have multiple partners or engage in rough sex practices you should use barrier protection especially if the person who has hep c also has the HIV virus.

Also many women with hep c have had children and their children do not have hep c. The risk for mother to child transmission is about 5% so while not impossible it is relatively low risk.

While a healthy diet is helpful especially in early hep c infection a special diet is not required. It takes decades for hep c for most people to experience liver damage. About 20% of people with hep c over 20 years time will develop cirrhosis but 80% do not.

Basically having early hep c is for most not a medical emergency but it is important to be treated so any future damage won't have a chance to happen.

Good luck
Lynn
Genotype 1a
1978 contracted, 1990 Dx
1995 Intron A failed
2001 Interferon Riba null response
2003 Pegintron Riba trial med null response
2008 F4 Cirrhosis Bx
2014 12 week Sov/Oly relapse
10/14 fibroscan 27 PLT 96
2014 24 weeks Harvoni 15 weeks Riba
5/4/15 EOT not detected, ALT 21, AST 20
4 week post not detected, ALT 26, AST 28
12 week post NOT DETECTED (07/27/15)
ALT 29, AST 27 PLT 92
24 week post NOT DETECTED! (10/19/15)
44 weeks (3/11/16)  fibroscan 33, PLT 111, HCV NOT DETECTED!
I AM FREE!

Offline MaryC

• Life is not a sprint; it's a marathon.
« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2016, 08:07:06 pm »
aswadlive25,
You mention that you are from the Philippines, do you live there now?  Do you have a close family or friend that you can talk with or possible ask to help you get some treatment?  While it is important that you see someone about your chronic Hep C, it is MORE important that you first talk with someone about how you have been feeling and the fact that you are sad and very worried, and cannot sleep.  Please reach out to a family member or friend for help.  Tell them how you have been feeling.
Mary
GT 3a
Dx'd 4/15 not known when contracted
Labs 7/15:
-VL 537,000
-AST 32
-ALT 41
-Fibrosis score 0.46 (F1-F2)
Started tx 9/17/2015 with Daklinza + Sovaldi
6/6/16: 24 week EOT SVR!  Cured!

Offline aswadlive25

« Reply #15 on: April 01, 2016, 01:51:30 pm »
aswadlive25,
You mention that you are from the Philippines, do you live there now?  Do you have a close family or friend that you can talk with or possible ask to help you get some treatment?  While it is important that you see someone about your chronic Hep C, it is MORE important that you first talk with someone about how you have been feeling and the fact that you are sad and very worried, and cannot sleep.  Please reach out to a family member or friend for help.  Tell them how you have been feeling.
Mary
i have no money for treatment but ok i aceept
i try to go college short course
i only want stay long here in the world i accept my fate

Aswad
« Last Edit: April 02, 2016, 12:24:58 am by aswadlive25 »

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.