Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:51:59 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 6307
  • Latest: golfer
Stats
  • Total Posts: 55125
  • Total Topics: 4851
  • Online Today: 91
  • Online Ever: 1314
  • (June 22, 2016, 05:23:42 am)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 62
Total: 62

Welcome

Welcome to the Hep Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people who have Fatty Liver Disease, Hepatitis B, C or a co-infection, their friends and family and others with questions about hepatitis and liver health. Check in frequently to read what others have to say, post your comments, and hopefully learn more about how you can reach your own health goals.

Privacy Warning: Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.
  • The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.
  • All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.
  • Product advertisement (including links); banners; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from the Hep Forum Moderators.
Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Harvoni and testosterone injections  (Read 11275 times)

Offline Pirate ted

Harvoni and testosterone injections
« on: March 30, 2016, 09:10:23 pm »
Hello everyone. I'm 47 years old and believed to have had hep-c for around 15 years now and found out about it just over a year ago. I start my first harvoni pill in the morning but would like to know if anyone has taken testosterone injections while taking harvoni? My doctor and support said I'm fine nothing to worry about but I've read where some people get energy from harvoni. Testosterone also gives me energy[for a week at least] and I'm worried about getting to much energy. I did search the forum for this topic but couldn't find anything.

Offline Lynn K

• Global Moderator
  • Get tested, get treated, get cured, fight Hep c!
Re: Harvoni and testosterone injections
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2016, 12:55:55 am »
the kind of energy I felt was maybe like drinking a bit too much coffee but without jitters. If your doctor and Support path said ok I guess it will be your choice.

Most of us have opted to not to take anything extra on treatment especially as for most of us treatment is of short duration and why risk messing with your treatment as being cured is so important.

Good luck
Genotype 1a
1978 contracted, 1990 Dx
1995 Intron A failed
2001 Interferon Riba null response
2003 Pegintron Riba trial med null response
2008 F4 Cirrhosis Bx
2014 12 week Sov/Oly relapse
10/14 fibroscan 27 PLT 96
2014 24 weeks Harvoni 15 weeks Riba
5/4/15 EOT not detected, ALT 21, AST 20
4 week post not detected, ALT 26, AST 28
12 week post NOT DETECTED (07/27/15)
ALT 29, AST 27 PLT 92
24 week post NOT DETECTED! (10/19/15)
44 weeks (3/11/16)  fibroscan 33, PLT 111, HCV NOT DETECTED!
I AM FREE!

Offline HazelAustralia

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2016, 10:37:09 am »
Hi Pirate ted,

I know oestrogen was not recommended. Have you looked up the actual drug (brand) name to see if it has been tested here? http://www.hep-druginteractions.org/checker
There have been a few cases where doctors have said drugs were okay, without apparently checking or knowing that for certain - many of them are on a steep learning curve too. I had to stop taking an asthma preventer because it had a steroid base - I don't know if that is relevant to the form of testosterone that you take?

As Lynn said, whatever you can do to help ensure the success of the drugs is definitely worth it. As they are so new, many interactions haven't yet been tested. For me, I thought better safe than sorry and went off everything.

Best of luck for the treatment!

Hazel
Female age 53
Australia
Contracted in the 1980's
Genotype 1A
VL 314k

Started treatment with Veikira Pak and Ribaviron on Thursday 17th December 2015
NOT DETECTED, End of Treatment, 16th March 2016

Offline slats1056

• SVR to all and to all a good life!
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2016, 10:54:40 am »
 Pirate Ted, Welcome to the treatment crazy train. Don't know about the testosterone! The energy thing You are talking about is usually referred to as the Harvoni High! Try searching that for info. Should pop up a bunch of references for You. Again, Welcome and may Your trip be smooth, the troubles be few, and the blessings be many!

EVEN IF YOU ARE ON THE RIGHT TRACK, YOU WILL STILL GET RUN OVER IF YOU JUST SIT THERE!  Will Rogers
73 non ab 98 hep c refused pegint/riba
6-15 Gen.1b 1/2 MIL ALT72 AST37 No cirrhosis
7-15  Harvoni 12 weeks
10-14-15 EOT VIRAL LOAD NON-DET  
12-30-15 EOT+12 VIRAL LOAD NON DET  SVR12            8-9-18 HCV LOAD 1.02IU/ml AST22  ALT30 RELAPSE?
9-18-18 confirmed gt 1b relapse
10-16-18 approved 16 weeks Mavyret

Offline gnatcatcher

« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2016, 12:57:29 pm »
Ted, since you're a pirate, maybe spinach would work as well as testosterone? (Just kidding.) I believe "Harvoni High" is a term we came up with here on these forums -- it's not one that any of my medical professionals had heard. Not everybody on Harvoni gets it (some people get fatigued instead -- go figure!) You should know quickly which way it's going to go for you, and then you can make an educated decision. Best wishes!
9/29/71 transfusions
HCV genotype 1a
7/09/15-9/30/15 Harvoni

Before treatment:
Viral Load 9,490,582
FibroScan 19.5 kPa [F4]
ALT 262
AST 217
ALP 183

Most recent:
VL still UNDETECTED (SVR 102)
FibroScan 7.6 kPa [F1-2]
ALT 15
AST 20
ALP 85

Offline Pirate ted

« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2016, 07:37:22 pm »
Thanks for the help. The energy hit me fast like an hour after I took the pill this morning I was jacked all day and kind of still am at 7.30pm. Got a feeling sleep is going to be an issue but oh well right. lol Its amazing the info that is on this forum. So glad I found it and just can't wait to win this war. Thanks again for the quick response back. It truly helps.

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.