Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 04:27:11 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 6307
  • Latest: golfer
Stats
  • Total Posts: 55125
  • Total Topics: 4851
  • Online Today: 141
  • Online Ever: 1314
  • (June 22, 2016, 05:23:42 am)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 127
Total: 127

Welcome

Welcome to the Hep Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people who have Fatty Liver Disease, Hepatitis B, C or a co-infection, their friends and family and others with questions about hepatitis and liver health. Check in frequently to read what others have to say, post your comments, and hopefully learn more about how you can reach your own health goals.

Privacy Warning: Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.
  • The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.
  • All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.
  • Product advertisement (including links); banners; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from the Hep Forum Moderators.
Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Can't seem to get my life back on track  (Read 8858 times)

Offline DaWan

Can't seem to get my life back on track
« on: April 30, 2016, 08:12:18 pm »
I don't want to rant and rave about my life but it is a continuous struggle.....I am trying to make changes for a better healthier life yet fall short of my goals constantly. My family loves me and, like me, are scared and confused about the changes and upheaval in our lives. We went from a normal loving happy family to To Chaos, distrust, dishonesty, drug/alcohol abuse, etc. And this isn't a recent issue...I was diagnosed over 10 years go....went on treatment....did not fair well on it and in the process had a nervous breakdown due to extreme stress ....to which the Dr. comments "you should not have gone on the treatment if you knew you were going to be stressed " ! My emotions are raw, my mind is muddled,.....
Today I come here to share with those who can relate....
This is my big step away from isolation. Thank-you

Offline FutureThinker

• Onward and upward!
Re: Can't seem to get my life back on track
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2016, 08:37:21 pm »
Hi DaWan and welcome to the forum.  I am glad you found this one, as I have found it to be a life line over the course of my ordeal with HCV and getting treatment. There is a wealth of valuable information, in addition to much support and understanding by these members -- there are truly some amazing people here! All kinds of experiences, backgrounds, trials and tribulations, and unending support.  We are uniquely positioned to understand what you are going thru, so this is the place to rant if you need to. I sure have a time or two!

Where are you at with your HCV treatment? I hope you find this forum to be as helpful as I have. Take care, Future Thinker
Treatment naive
Likely contracted mid-70s
Diagnosed 1a, 2011
F1-2
Harvoni X 12 weeks, completed 5/17/16
Pre-treatment: VL 3 mil, AST 64, ALT 84
4 week labs: VL 30, AST 21, ALT 14
8 week labs: VL UD!!!, AST 22, ALT 16
12 week labs: VL UD, AST 23, ALT 14
2 wk EOT: VL UD
12 wk EOT: VL UD, AST 22, ALT 13 =  SVR 12! Yay! 
Last hep appointment: VL UD, AST 19, ALT 12 = SVR 39! I AM DONE!

Offline DaWan

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2016, 03:01:59 pm »
I was on treatment for a period only 3 to 4 months years ago and had to stop because of an ongoing family crisis....Doc took me off because I wasn't showing improvement ....as a matter of fact...getting extremely fragile both mind and body....He basically chided me for starting treatment if I had know what stressor was coming...like my son attempting suicide during my treatment plus taking all the meds I had for my treatment....like I could see this coming.....NOT
Then they found I had a broken back and had to have emergency surgery....It was all such a nightmare that I don't really want to try it again.
However as well as joining this forum I have made contact with a local College to explore furthering my Education........thanks

Offline KimInTheForest

• Believe in yourself
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2016, 03:13:13 pm »
Hi DaWan. Welcome to the forums! :) Sounds like you have really been through a lot.

The current treatments for Hep C not only cure it in nearly everyone, but with minimal side effects for most people. So don't be afraid to try again when you are able. Treatment will not be the brutal experience you underwent before.

best,
kim
Kim Goldberg (Nanaimo, BC)
1970s: Contracted HCV (genotype 3a)
2015: Cured with Harvoni + ribavirin (12 weeks)
MY STORY: https://pigsquash.wordpress.com/2016/01/28/undetectable-my-hep-c-story/

Offline aswadlive25

• I trust I'll end up sleeping cradled in my doom
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2016, 04:34:19 am »
i feel you bro
Same here i living HCV 9 years but no treatment not eating healthy food i dont know my liver can take long
because of drugs i got HCV  sometimes im depressed and thinking suicide
But this forum is helpful to calm yourself

sorry i'm not good in english

Offline Mugwump

• My number of posts means nothing, piscor ergo sum!
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2016, 06:59:38 pm »
HCV is an infection of the spirit. But we all have inner strength that we can tap in difficult times. To feel like a child free from concerns in solitary moments is important for all of us.

For me it has always been sending my mind away on a path that frees me from thinking about what is wrong with life. More than a hobby we need obsessions that focus the mind and like a child learning a new thing we can learn to overcome that which sends us into depression.

Do something that you love to do and do it for no reason other than stimulating that within you that sleeps. It does not matter, whittling on a stick, whistling, reading, taking apart something to see what is inside and putting it back together again, building something even a cat tree or some other simple thing.

These things are more than hobbies they are essential human needs. What is wonderful is if you can do something for yourself or others and do it for no reason other than the doing.

Taking this attitude toward HCV helped me overcome being at deaths door not wanting to survive. There were many times that I was at the cross roads you describe, but love of doing things in the pure form always saved me. What is most enlightening is that when you shift your mind away from the gritty cruel side of life you seem to take others with you on the journey. The light in your eyes and enthusiasm for the doing is infectious and much more powerful than the cruel aspects of HCV.

Trust in yourself and you will overcome the problems and defeat this disease that can tear families and friends apart if not fought with a spirit of calm resolution and care for yourself and the ones you love.

All the very best in finding your way out of the nightmare that HCV can cause.

Eric
Caution shameless self promotion below :-)
https://www.hepmag.com/article/eric-reesor-27742-782589663
DING DONG MY DRAGON (HCV) IS FINALLY DEAD!

Offline Anne A

• my Rubicon
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2016, 09:26:31 pm »
Mugwump,you have a gift in expressing your thoughts eloquently. I have written some of these down to remember when I need them and I'm sure many others have also.
Thank you for giving hope to everyone in this "infection of the Spirit and to face it with calm resolution."
Female,67, treatment naive,Geno type 1, Diagnosed 2000,contracted late 1960s,AST108(10-35 u/l)ALT 58(6-29 U/L)Platelet-90

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.