Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 05:15:48 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 6307
  • Latest: golfer
Stats
  • Total Posts: 55126
  • Total Topics: 4851
  • Online Today: 85
  • Online Ever: 1314
  • (June 22, 2016, 05:23:42 am)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 68
Total: 68

Welcome

Welcome to the Hep Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people who have Fatty Liver Disease, Hepatitis B, C or a co-infection, their friends and family and others with questions about hepatitis and liver health. Check in frequently to read what others have to say, post your comments, and hopefully learn more about how you can reach your own health goals.

Privacy Warning: Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.
  • The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.
  • All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.
  • Product advertisement (including links); banners; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from the Hep Forum Moderators.
Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: I don't know what to do!  (Read 7889 times)

Offline itschris87

I don't know what to do!
« on: May 23, 2016, 02:21:32 pm »
 I was recently diagnosed with hepatitis c and when it was found my liver was already damaged to the point of stage 2 cirrhosis. The medicine they want to put me on is over $1100/pill. . One daily for 12 wks. I found a program that will help all I have to do is pay $2000 and they cover the rest but since I have not been able to work very long due to my health I have no way of affording it I have been in the hospital so many times over the last few months that I can't even hardly pay my bills. 

(edited by moderator as we do not allow solicitation of funding in the forum. Hopefully the members can point to alternatives to try, such as a trial or agencies that may help. Having gone through treatment twice, I know how crazy expensive these drugs are, am sympathetic and hopeful that the situation will improve soon. We in this forum are here to support you as best we can and hope that you are quickly and permanently UD.  Good luck  -jack)
« Last Edit: May 24, 2016, 09:56:29 am by jberlin »

Offline Lynn K

• Global Moderator
  • Get tested, get treated, get cured, fight Hep c!
Re: I don't know what to do!
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2016, 01:17:10 am »
There are many here who have knowledge about ways to help with paying for treatment. I was covered by my insurance so I don't know much about that.

I am not sure what you mean by stage 2 cirrhosis do you mean you have a fibrosis score of F2? A fibrosis score of F2 is not cirrhosis cirrhosis is a fibrosis score of F4.

Once you have cirrhosis you can be compensated meaning you liver is still able to do its job although damaged or decompensated when you begin to develop symptoms of serious liver disease often beginning with lower leg swelling (edema) and then stomach swelling (ascities). Also a low platelet count as the spleen enlarges due to portal hypertension. There are other symptoms of decompensation as time goes on.

What medicine are you taking? If it is Harvoni or sovaldi there may be help available from the drugs manufacture Gilead Pharmaceuticals. Have you tried to contact support path?

https://www.sovaldi.com/getting-started/support

http://www.mysupportpath.com/

Providers and patients can call 1-855-7-MYPATH (1-855-769-7284) for assistance

The HARVONI and SOVALDI co-pay coupons may help eligible patients lower their out-of-pocket costs

With a co-pay coupon, most eligible patients may pay no more than $5 per co-pay (restrictions apply)

Not valid for patients enrolled in government healthcare prescription drug programs, such as Medicare Part D and Medicaid. Patients in the coverage gap known as the "donut hole" also are not eligible
    The HARVONI and SOVALDI co-pay coupon programs will cover the out-of-pocket costs for HARVONI or SOVALDI prescriptions up to a maximum of 25% of the catalog price of a 12-week regimen of HARVONI or SOVALDI

Patients can call 1-855-7-MYPATH (1-855-769-7284) or click below to register and read the full terms and conditions:
HARVONIĀ® (ledipasvir 90 mg/sofosbuvir 400 mg)
SOVALDIĀ® (sofosbuvir) 400 mg

Other financial assistance may be available for eligible patients through Support Path. Patients can call 1-855-7-MYPATH (1-855-769-7284) to learn more

I had hep c for 37 years and was diagnosed inJanuary 2008 by liver biopsy with cirrhosis. I am still fine hep c is a slowly acting virus and people can live for many years with liver cirrhosis also.

I am sure others will chime in with ways to fund you treatment it would help us to help you if we knew your genotype and what medicine you are taking.

How and when were you diagnosed with "stage 2 cirrhosis"? How long do you think you may have had hep c?

Lynn
Genotype 1a
1978 contracted, 1990 Dx
1995 Intron A failed
2001 Interferon Riba null response
2003 Pegintron Riba trial med null response
2008 F4 Cirrhosis Bx
2014 12 week Sov/Oly relapse
10/14 fibroscan 27 PLT 96
2014 24 weeks Harvoni 15 weeks Riba
5/4/15 EOT not detected, ALT 21, AST 20
4 week post not detected, ALT 26, AST 28
12 week post NOT DETECTED (07/27/15)
ALT 29, AST 27 PLT 92
24 week post NOT DETECTED! (10/19/15)
44 weeks (3/11/16)  fibroscan 33, PLT 111, HCV NOT DETECTED!
I AM FREE!

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.