Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:01:53 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 6307
  • Latest: golfer
Stats
  • Total Posts: 55125
  • Total Topics: 4851
  • Online Today: 125
  • Online Ever: 1314
  • (June 22, 2016, 05:23:42 am)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 80
Total: 80

Welcome

Welcome to the Hep Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people who have Fatty Liver Disease, Hepatitis B, C or a co-infection, their friends and family and others with questions about hepatitis and liver health. Check in frequently to read what others have to say, post your comments, and hopefully learn more about how you can reach your own health goals.

Privacy Warning: Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.
  • The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.
  • All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.
  • Product advertisement (including links); banners; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from the Hep Forum Moderators.
Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Harvoni has arrived!!  (Read 7021 times)

Offline andrew856

Harvoni has arrived!!
« on: June 14, 2016, 07:55:40 pm »
Just got my first bottle of harvoni and will start my twelve weeks tomorrow. I truly hope to beat this for good this time. I was deviated to learn I relapsed after doing a year of interferon. I'm very optimistic about this new drug and am anxious to get started and get results. Does the fact that I relapsed before mean my virus is resistant to med now? The process of getting the medicine was not as bad as I thought it would be, in fact my insurance only took about a week to approve the drug. And Gilead is paying my entire out of pocked of 6,000 and I only have to pay five dollars a fill. This  experience sure is shaping up to be a good one. Let's hope so.
1b
VL:1milliom
Relapse from interferon ribovirin and victrellis from 2011.

Offline KimInTheForest

• Believe in yourself
Re: Harvoni has arrived!!
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2016, 07:58:08 pm »
Congrats Andrew. Good luck. You are on your way! :)

kim
Kim Goldberg (Nanaimo, BC)
1970s: Contracted HCV (genotype 3a)
2015: Cured with Harvoni + ribavirin (12 weeks)
MY STORY: https://pigsquash.wordpress.com/2016/01/28/undetectable-my-hep-c-story/

Offline AussieRosa

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2016, 09:11:20 pm »
Great news that you're starting treatment, Andrew. I have no idea whether victrelis is a DAA like Harvoni so can't answer your question about resistance. Hopefully someone more knowledgeable will be along and can shed some light on that for you. Please keep us informed as you go through treatment. Wishing you good luck with it.
Gt 1a
contracted 1983
Fibroscan 6.1
Treatment naive
VL 2.97M
ALT 38
AST 47
Started Viekira Pak + Ribavirin Tues 19th Jan 2016
Week 4: VL Undetected!
March 5th Ribavirin dose reduction to 800mg from 1000mg
EOT April 11th 2016. VL Not Detected
12 Weeks post EOT: SVR12. Cured with a capital C!!
6 months post EOT: Undetected :-)

Offline Lynn K

• Global Moderator
  • Get tested, get treated, get cured, fight Hep c!
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2016, 11:02:16 pm »
Hi Andrew Congrats!

Got this from the AASLD treatment guidelines

http://www.hcvguidelines.org/full-report/retreatment-persons-whom-prior-therapy-has-failed

Victrelis aka boceprevir is a nonstructural protein 3 (NS3) protease inhibitor in the same class as telaprevir and simeprevir

Genotype 1 HCV nonstructural protein 3 (NS3) protease inhibitor (telaprevir, boceprevir, or simeprevir) plus PEG-IFN/RBV Treatment-experienced Patients without Cirrhosis - Recommended
Recommended regimens are listed in groups by level of evidence, then alphabetically.

Daily fixed-dose combination ledipasvir (90 mg)/sofosbuvir (400 mg) for 12 weeks is a Recommended regimen for treatment of patients with HCV genotype 1 infection, regardless of subtype, who do not have cirrhosis, in whom prior treatment with an HCV protease inhibitor plus PEG-IFN/RBV has failed.
    Rating: Class I, Level A

Daily daclatasvir (60 mg*) plus sofosbuvir (400 mg) for 12 weeks is a Recommended regimen for patients with HCV genotype 1 infection, regardless of subtype, who do not have cirrhosis, in whom prior treatment with an HCV protease inhibitor plus PEG-IFN/RBV has failed.
    Rating: Class IIa, Level B

Daily fixed-dose combination elbasvir (50 mg)/grazoprevir (100 mg) with weight-based ribavirin for 12 weeks is a Recommended regimen for patients with HCV genotype 1 infection, regardless of subtype, who do not have cirrhosis, in whom prior treatment with an HCV protease inhibitor plus PEG-IFN/RBV has failed. Genotype 1a patients who have baseline high fold-change NS5A RAVs§ for elbasvir should have this treatment extended to 16 weeks.
    Rating: Class IIa, Level B

* The dose of daclatasvir may need to increase or decrease when used concomitantly with cytochrome P450 3A/4 inducers and inhibitors, respectively. Please refer to the prescribing information and the section on HIV/HCV coinfection for patients on antiretroviral therapy.

§ Includes G1a polymorphisms at amino acid positions 28, 30, 31, or 93. Amino acid substitutions that confer resistance.

The safety and efficacy of ledipasvir/sofosbuvir was evaluated in subjects in whom prior treatment with an HCV protease inhibitor (telaprevir or boceprevir) plus PEG-IFN/RBV has failed. (Afdhal, 2014b) SVR12 rates with 12- and 24-week regimens were high during both treatment durations (94% and 98%, respectively). Relapse rates in the ION-2 retreatment trial were numerically higher in the 12-week arms than in the 24-week arms. The pretreatment presence of cirrhosis or nonstructural protein 5A (NS5A) resistance-associated variants (RAV) were the major reasons for the higher relapse rate in the 12-week arm. Thus, patients with cirrhosis in whom a prior regimen of PEG-IFN, RBV, and an HCV protease inhibitor has failed should receive 24 weeks of ledipasvir/sofosbuvir, and patients without cirrhosis should receive 12 weeks of ledipasvir/sofosbuvir. Based on data from the SIRIUS study, patients with cirrhosis in whom a prior protease inhibitor-containing regimen failed may also receive ledipasvir/sofosbuvir plus weight-based RBV for 12 weeks. (Bourliere, 2015)

Hope this answers your question

Best of luck to you
Lynn
« Last Edit: June 14, 2016, 11:05:09 pm by Lynn K »
Genotype 1a
1978 contracted, 1990 Dx
1995 Intron A failed
2001 Interferon Riba null response
2003 Pegintron Riba trial med null response
2008 F4 Cirrhosis Bx
2014 12 week Sov/Oly relapse
10/14 fibroscan 27 PLT 96
2014 24 weeks Harvoni 15 weeks Riba
5/4/15 EOT not detected, ALT 21, AST 20
4 week post not detected, ALT 26, AST 28
12 week post NOT DETECTED (07/27/15)
ALT 29, AST 27 PLT 92
24 week post NOT DETECTED! (10/19/15)
44 weeks (3/11/16)  fibroscan 33, PLT 111, HCV NOT DETECTED!
I AM FREE!

Offline Philadelphia

• Global Moderator
  • It only looks like I know what I'm doing
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2016, 12:23:47 am »
Good luck with treatment- I'm pretty sure you'll find it easier that your last treatment!
CURED SVR24  Class of 2015
Wk 12 post EOT 30.11.15: ALT 14 AST 22 GGT 22 VL UND
Week 19 07.08.15: ALT 17 AST 23 GGT 25
Week 12 18.06.15: ALT 21 AST 23 GGT 28
Week 8 25.05.15: ALT 23 AST 27 GGT 30 VL UND
Week 4 20.04.14: ALT 30 AST 36 VL 40
Treatment start 23.03.15: ALT 137 AST 185 VL 342,600
Cirrhosis Child-Pugh A, Genotype 1a - Viekira Pak + riba 24 weeks
Total failure interferon/ribavirin/boceprovir Mar 2013
https://www.hepmag.com/blogger/grace-campbell

Offline mary.wei

« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2016, 02:45:28 am »
Good luck!

Offline Myfly73

« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2016, 09:48:15 pm »
I started harvoni beginning my 12 weeks journey today. It has been 8 hrs since my first pill. S far I'm not tired, no headache and I feel fine. However i did eat a filling meal with a 32 oz of bottled water. I will check back when any changes occur.

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.