Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 07:32:47 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 6307
  • Latest: golfer
Stats
  • Total Posts: 55126
  • Total Topics: 4851
  • Online Today: 91
  • Online Ever: 1314
  • (June 22, 2016, 05:23:42 am)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 82
Total: 82

Welcome

Welcome to the Hep Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people who have Fatty Liver Disease, Hepatitis B, C or a co-infection, their friends and family and others with questions about hepatitis and liver health. Check in frequently to read what others have to say, post your comments, and hopefully learn more about how you can reach your own health goals.

Privacy Warning: Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.
  • The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.
  • All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.
  • Product advertisement (including links); banners; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from the Hep Forum Moderators.
Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Starting Solvaldi/Daklinza 12wk on Monday  (Read 10982 times)

Offline NoDarkCloudz

Starting Solvaldi/Daklinza 12wk on Monday
« on: June 18, 2016, 09:39:09 am »
Hi everyone.I have G3 and am starting Solvald/Daklinza therepy on Monday.I have my scripts since last week and have just been really nervous.After reading about the great results people are having im going to fill my scripts twomorw amd start the treatment.Im hoping i dont have any side affects as i have to work.But most of all im hoping im not the 10% that doesnt get cured from these awesome new treatments and am part of the 90-95% cure rate.Living with this ive felt like a dark cloud is constantly over my life.Am hoping to marry end of the year so very motivated to put this blackdog behind me and begin really living life Hep free.I hope i can get others help and advice along the way,Best wishes for all of you living and dealing with this.We can Do It!!

Offline KimInTheForest

• Believe in yourself
Re: Starting Solvaldi/Daklinza 12wk on Monday
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2016, 01:18:08 pm »
Welcome to the forums NoDarkCloudz, and to the treatment journey! That's so great that you are starting on Monday. I was G3 too. Was cured last year with 12 weeks of Harvoni+ribavirin. Happy to be cured, but would have rather had the combo you will be doing and avoided the ribavirin that way.

Good luck, and keep us posted! :)

kim
« Last Edit: June 18, 2016, 08:53:02 pm by KimInTheForest »
Kim Goldberg (Nanaimo, BC)
1970s: Contracted HCV (genotype 3a)
2015: Cured with Harvoni + ribavirin (12 weeks)
MY STORY: https://pigsquash.wordpress.com/2016/01/28/undetectable-my-hep-c-story/

Offline FutureThinker

• Onward and upward!
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2016, 01:50:28 pm »
"The reward is in the risk".  You won't know which group you're in until you try, so welcome to the forum and keep a positive attitude! I almost went the Daklinza route as a 1a, but decided to fight my insurance co. one last time for Harvoni, and won, so I am ~ 4.5 weeks since completing treatment and so far, so good. Feel so much better than before treatment!

These DAAs are SO much more tolerable than the old treatments, we have a lot to be grateful for in getting our treatment in this era.  Focus on that and look forward! All the best to you on your journey and keep us posted, FT
Treatment naive
Likely contracted mid-70s
Diagnosed 1a, 2011
F1-2
Harvoni X 12 weeks, completed 5/17/16
Pre-treatment: VL 3 mil, AST 64, ALT 84
4 week labs: VL 30, AST 21, ALT 14
8 week labs: VL UD!!!, AST 22, ALT 16
12 week labs: VL UD, AST 23, ALT 14
2 wk EOT: VL UD
12 wk EOT: VL UD, AST 22, ALT 13 =  SVR 12! Yay! 
Last hep appointment: VL UD, AST 19, ALT 12 = SVR 39! I AM DONE!

Offline MaryC

• Life is not a sprint; it's a marathon.
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2016, 08:41:51 pm »
Welcome NoDarkCloudz,

I am/was GT 3a also.  I was officially discharged from treatment by my Hepatologist this past Wed., as I have remained free of the virus 6 mos post treatment with Sovaldi and Daklinza.  For me...the treatment was very tolerable.  I had minimal side effects (slight headache).  I'm not sure if it was from the meds or just the relief of knowing I was finally getting treatment, but I did feel a bit energized while on the medications which was not a bad thing.  I hope you have as smooth of a ride as I did.  I happen to be one of the lucky ones with minimal liver damage so my Hepatologist indicates I should not be at risk for developing liver cancer or cirrhosis since the virus has been successfully eradicated.

During my treatment I set up a weekly med box to ensure I never missed any meds.  I also kept in close contact with my specialty pharmacist, that I worked with (who was extremely helpful), to check for any interactions with any new meds or med changes, supplements, etc. 

This life-saving treatment has certainly lifted any dark clouds I had lingering over my head!  I am almost 60 years old, but feel like I am 20 years younger now (I've been told I look younger now too - LOL)!  I worked full time throughout my treatment, and never needed to miss work. Now I am back to running, hiking and being very active again.  After completion of my treatment, I trained and ran a marathon.

Best of luck to you on your treatment journey!  You can beat this beast too! Stay positive, stay as active as you can, eat healthy, drink plenty of water and take care of yourself physically, mentally and emotionally.

Mary

GT 3a
Dx'd 4/15 not known when contracted
Labs 7/15:
-VL 537,000
-AST 32
-ALT 41
-Fibrosis score 0.46 (F1-F2)
Started tx 9/17/2015 with Daklinza + Sovaldi
6/6/16: 24 week EOT SVR!  Cured!

Offline NoDarkCloudz

« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2016, 06:12:09 am »
Hi everyone.So just completed my first week of treatment..Id like to know,if its at all possible to take a Multi-Vitamin or if i need to anyway? I was just thinking it would be good to make sure my body is at is strongest as i go through this.i didnt have a chance to ask my doctor..also,i have read on here about this"Feeling energetic or Up" buzz from the meds..I have to work so im wondering thats a good side effect then isnt it? And also does the meds affect sleep patterns at all? Thanks for any advice,best wishes to you all ☺️

Offline Raney

• Love one another, but most of all...Love YOURSELF
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2016, 06:20:05 pm »
@NoDarkCloudz,

I am on a diff tx regimine of Sovaldi / Ribavarin for 12 weeks, but re: the multi vitamin... I knew I was going to be on these meds, so I took the multivit for a month before I started. I also drank green smoothies, added fish to my diet and greens like broccoli and spinach. I guess I got my body ready and now my blood levels are good 3 weeks in, so no mutli vit is needed. I still drink green smoothies and keep the diet up. Diet helps me keep the nutrients up. I have heard that multi vits aren't good to take, I have heard they are. I am not a dr, so, I suggest ask your gastro. 

re: side effects, I am only 21 days in, but so far, I have none to report.
Good luck on tx!
« Last Edit: June 30, 2016, 06:23:11 pm by Raney »
45yo/F
Dx:  Dec 2014  
GT: 2b
F2

April 30, 2016 labs (without Tx):
ALT   15
AST  17
VL  1,546 IU/ml  (Mar '15 vl 20,000 / Nov '15 vl 306 / Mar '16 vl 40,306)

June 11, 2016:  Started 12 weeks Riba / Sov
July 9, 2016: 4 week labs = UNDETECTED & all else In Range

Offline NoDarkCloudz

« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2016, 07:36:11 pm »
Hi Raney,thanks for replying..yes i kinda thought it might be like that.regarding might not be a good ides so il just adjust my diet accordingly..i am into my 2nd week and no side effects thus far! Ive been really pleased i was so nervous about starting but it feels good knowing im taking something eachday thats slowly but surely killing this awful desease thats affecting so many of us,
          Best wishes

Offline Flutterby

« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2016, 04:29:36 pm »
Hi NoDarkCloudz,
I started Solvadi/Dalinza two days ago.
Found your posts and know what you mean about the dark cloud, as well as feeling nervous about starting treatment and not knowing what to expect.
I hope your treatment is going well!
Best wishes.
G3,
early 80s; dx 2006
Tx started 07/07/2016
12wks - Daclatasvir/Sovaldi

Offline NoDarkCloudz

« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2016, 03:40:12 am »
Hi Flutterby,thanks for Your reply.Yes i just finished my 2nd week and its been great! Absolutely NO side effects whatsoever im astonished that its been this good..I might feel a little more tired at the end of a workday than usual but its nothing i cant handle.To know that im doing treatment and theres something inside me everyday killing off this desease feels so great and havent felt this happy about life since before being diagnosed.Hope your well and doing fine with treatment.Keep me posted
Best wishes ☺️

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.