Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 07:36:23 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 6307
  • Latest: golfer
Stats
  • Total Posts: 55126
  • Total Topics: 4851
  • Online Today: 138
  • Online Ever: 1314
  • (June 22, 2016, 05:23:42 am)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 133
Total: 133

Welcome

Welcome to the Hep Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people who have Fatty Liver Disease, Hepatitis B, C or a co-infection, their friends and family and others with questions about hepatitis and liver health. Check in frequently to read what others have to say, post your comments, and hopefully learn more about how you can reach your own health goals.

Privacy Warning: Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.
  • The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.
  • All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.
  • Product advertisement (including links); banners; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from the Hep Forum Moderators.
Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Frequency Of Tests On Treatment  (Read 49556 times)

Offline its time

Re: Frequency Of Tests On Treatment
« Reply #100 on: July 14, 2016, 04:29:57 pm »
hi
I just started vp and riba 6 days ago and my gi has me coming in at 2 weeks and again at 4 weeks too .... he told me that btwn the 2 and 4 is when they can see if anything really wrong is happening and then I will go once a month there after.. 
4.16.16  VL 1.7 million  AST 62   ALT 80  RBC  4.84
HBG  15.4
GENO TYPE 1A
7.9.16   Viekira + Riba 12 WKS (EOT 9.30.16)
7.23.16  2 wk lab
     VL  20    AST  20   ALT  16   RBC 4.05   HBG 12.6
8.6.16  4 WK LAB
     VL UNDETECTED  AST 14   ALT 14   RBC 3.98
HBG 12.4
9.3.16   8 wk lab
     VL UNDETECTED  AST 14   ALT 10    RBC 3.74
HBG  11.9
10.8.16  12 WK EOT
    VL  UNDETECTED  AST 16   ALT  12   RBC  3.76
HBG  12.0
END DECEMBER GO FOR 12 WK BLDWK
1/5 2017 HEP C FREE.. CURED :)

Offline FutureThinker

• Onward and upward!
« Reply #101 on: July 14, 2016, 07:12:43 pm »
Luna7, congrats on completing treatment! You have had such a full plate, that is quite an accomplishment and sounds like your treatment went well. Thank goodness that was one less issue for you to be dealing with while caring for your daughter. I am so very sorry to hear about her cancer diagnosis.

It's pretty amazing how getting that HCV out of our systems can make many of us feel so much better, isn't it? Good to hear from you and glad you are doing better. Sending positive thoughts for your daughter, FT
Treatment naive
Likely contracted mid-70s
Diagnosed 1a, 2011
F1-2
Harvoni X 12 weeks, completed 5/17/16
Pre-treatment: VL 3 mil, AST 64, ALT 84
4 week labs: VL 30, AST 21, ALT 14
8 week labs: VL UD!!!, AST 22, ALT 16
12 week labs: VL UD, AST 23, ALT 14
2 wk EOT: VL UD
12 wk EOT: VL UD, AST 22, ALT 13 =  SVR 12! Yay! 
Last hep appointment: VL UD, AST 19, ALT 12 = SVR 39! I AM DONE!

Offline Luna7

« Reply #102 on: July 17, 2016, 12:50:36 pm »
Thanks FT, just trying to stay strong and deal with the feelings as they arise.

Yeah it is amazing what getting rid of inflammation in the body does for some isn't it. Night and day for me. Good to hear you are doing better too.
I do wonder what's going on for people who end up with severe liver damage yet never had any or many extrahepatic symptoms. It's all a mystery at this point I guess.

When did you complete treatment?  I have it in my mind it was a couple weeks before me -- my last day was July 14.

Here's to SVR 24 and good health!  I think I called it SRV in a post before...lol...I really do want to take off in an RV...first stop Zion National Park :)
Between F2 & F3
Alt & Ast nearly 100
Viral load over 8 million
Gt 3a

Treated 12 weeks with Sovaldi & Daklinza, start date mid-April 2016
Undetected at 4 weeks into treatment
Alt & Ast  normal
Treatment completed July 14
Most likely will be undetected at 12 weeks (mid October 2016) as symptoms are gone

Offline FutureThinker

• Onward and upward!
« Reply #103 on: July 17, 2016, 06:07:19 pm »
Hey Luna, I completed my Harvoni treatment on May 17th and will go in for my SVR12 test ~ Aug. 9th.  Getting a little anxious!! And trying not to, just keep telling myself "it is what it is", be it good or bad, and there's nothing I can do about it until I get the results, right? We just need to keep the faith and hope for the best! I still don't have the energy level I'd like, but it does seem I'm having more "good days" vs. "low days", so that is encouraging. Keep us posted -- FT
Treatment naive
Diagnosed 1a, 2011
F1-2

Offline Lynn K

• Global Moderator
  • Get tested, get treated, get cured, fight Hep c!
« Reply #104 on: July 17, 2016, 10:20:21 pm »
I do wonder what's going on for people who end up with severe liver damage yet never had any or many extrahepatic symptoms. It's all a mystery at this point I guess.

Hi Luna also wishing you congrats on finishing treatment.

What is you question about us folks who never really had noticible symptoms but developed cirrhosis after being infected for many years? I mean everyone responds differently with being infected with hep c. Many have little to no symptoms and little to no liver damage. While others develop the common extra hepatic conditions like cryoglobulinaemia, cryoglobulins, rheumatoid factor, Insulin resistance, Glomerulonephritis, Renal insufficiency, etc. and others (about 20% over 20 years) will develop significant liver disease. I guess it might be partly our own DNA and resistance or lack there of to the ravages of the hep c virus.

Anyway glad you made it through treatment and best of luck to you

Lynn
Genotype 1a
1978 contracted, 1990 Dx
1995 Intron A failed
2001 Interferon Riba null response
2003 Pegintron Riba trial med null response
2008 F4 Cirrhosis Bx
2014 12 week Sov/Oly relapse
10/14 fibroscan 27 PLT 96
2014 24 weeks Harvoni 15 weeks Riba
5/4/15 EOT not detected, ALT 21, AST 20
4 week post not detected, ALT 26, AST 28
12 week post NOT DETECTED (07/27/15)
ALT 29, AST 27 PLT 92
24 week post NOT DETECTED! (10/19/15)
44 weeks (3/11/16)  fibroscan 33, PLT 111, HCV NOT DETECTED!
I AM FREE!

Offline AussieRosa

« Reply #105 on: July 18, 2016, 10:46:05 am »
Congratulations on finishing treatment, Luna. Best wishes for SVR.

I had hep c for over 30 years with all lft's in that time being slightly elevated but no detectable damage to my liver. My ID doc told me that was due to 'great genetics'. So as Lynn says: it's at least partly due to our own dna. aka the luck of the draw
Gt 1a
contracted 1983
Fibroscan 6.1
Treatment naive
VL 2.97M
ALT 38
AST 47
Started Viekira Pak + Ribavirin Tues 19th Jan 2016
Week 4: VL Undetected!
March 5th Ribavirin dose reduction to 800mg from 1000mg
EOT April 11th 2016. VL Not Detected
12 Weeks post EOT: SVR12. Cured with a capital C!!
6 months post EOT: Undetected :-)

Offline Luna7

« Reply #106 on: July 19, 2016, 09:39:55 am »
Hi Lynn & AussieRosa -  thanks for the well-wishes. Can't believe I actually completed the 12 weeks, and I look forward to finding out the HCV is history!

Lynn, regarding wondering what's going on for people who end up with severe liver damage that never had any or many extrahepatic symptoms, and feeling it's all a mystery at this point, yes I know all people are different genetically...I'm just wondering what happens to various people in their genetic development and environment (or going back further in time to the evolutionary development of those people they descended from) that causes them to be affected by HCV to a greater or lesser degree, or not at all, or to succumb to any particular health condition really. So the specific details regarding causation for most conditions are a mystery.

But thinking about it further, I bet most people who appeared to only have liver damage had extrahepatic damage too, but just didn't have symptoms yet. For me, I had both damage to my liver and obvious symptoms in other areas too.
I guess I'm thinking about this issue a lot partially because I have one of these doctors that still thinks HCV is only a liver disease, and her ability to treat patients effectively suffers because of it, and it has affected my experiences with her.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2016, 10:06:50 am by Luna7 »
Between F2 & F3
Alt & Ast nearly 100
Gt 3a

Alt & Ast  normal
Most likely will be undetected at 12 weeks (mid October 2016) as symptoms are gone

Offline Luna7

« Reply #107 on: July 19, 2016, 09:41:31 am »
Hey Luna, I completed my Harvoni treatment on May 17th and will go in for my SVR12 test ~ Aug. 9th.  Getting a little anxious!! And trying not to, just keep telling myself "it is what it is", be it good or bad, and there's nothing I can do about it until I get the results, right? We just need to keep the faith and hope for the best! I still don't have the energy level I'd like, but it does seem I'm having more "good days" vs. "low days", so that is encouraging. Keep us posted -- FT

FT, glad you are having more 'good days'. I'm a little anxious too about SVR though am trying to be patient. Any little bad feeling I experience causes me to think OMG I hope the HCV is not coming back!
I worked out in the yard in these oven temperatures in my area of the country, and it really was like a sauna. I felt ill afterward, similar to some sickly feelings with HCV, and think my liver was probably processing toxins. Feel fine today.
I have been considering some kind of liver cleanse, but think I better wait for my liver to heal a little more. For now, walking or working in the garden at a slow pace before sauna temps arrive, and drinking plenty of water (maybe with some lemon in it at times) is probably the way to go.
I don't know how long it takes for fibrosis to heal, but I imagine a toxic body can't feel as much energy as one that eliminates wastes optimally. So we might have super energetic days to come!
Between F2 & F3
Alt & Ast nearly 100
Gt 3a

Alt & Ast  normal

Offline FutureThinker

• Onward and upward!
« Reply #108 on: July 19, 2016, 02:39:10 pm »
Hi Luna! I am very happy to report that I've had 4 "normal" energy days in a row this week, so that is DEFINITELY an improvement!!! They had been dispersed with ~ 4 low to average energy w/ 1 high or normal for the past several weeks.  Very happy to report this and really hope this is the beginning of a new me! I'm being patient, so if it takes longer, so be it, but keeping fingers crossed. I have a LOT of projects, both inside and out, that have simply been put on the "back burner" for a very long time, due to high fatigue prior to treatment.

I've been working out in the yard here, too (So. CA) earlier in the a.m. or later in the evenings -- feels good to have the initiative to get out there and get some very needed cleaning/pruning going. The heat has been an issue for me for the past several years, but this seems to be less now, so hopefully you'll find that to be the case, too.  Yard work is quite healing, isn't it? Let's just keep on putting one foot in front of the other and we will get there ---- FT 
Treatment naive
Diagnosed 1a, 2011
F1-2

Offline Lynn K

• Global Moderator
  • Get tested, get treated, get cured, fight Hep c!
« Reply #109 on: July 19, 2016, 08:15:56 pm »
Dunno about having other extrahepatic symptoms as really I have nothing else going on except having had hep c for 37 years and liver cirrhosis for 8.5 years with the associated symptoms of liver cirrhosis lower leg edema and having previously developed esophageal varicies.

Really I feel totally fine and normal maybe more tired than one should be but hard to tell as I am 58 and working a part time job, a full time job, and studying along with maintaining my home (yard work etc..) I really personally chalk it up to genetic predisposition that I developed cirrhosis while so many do not but that I have nothing else going on while others do.

So until scientists break the entire human genome down I think the differences between humans will remain a mystery...

As for you non believer doctor there is much information out there in the medical literature about extrahepatic symptoms being real ah well can't convince everyone
Genotype 1a
1978 contracted, 1990 Dx
1995 Intron A failed
2001 Interferon Riba null response
2003 Pegintron Riba trial med null response
2008 F4 Cirrhosis Bx
2014 12 week Sov/Oly relapse
10/14 fibroscan 27 PLT 96
2014 24 weeks Harvoni 15 weeks Riba
5/4/15 EOT not detected, ALT 21, AST 20
4 week post not detected, ALT 26, AST 28
12 week post NOT DETECTED (07/27/15)
ALT 29, AST 27 PLT 92
24 week post NOT DETECTED! (10/19/15)
44 weeks (3/11/16)  fibroscan 33, PLT 111, HCV NOT DETECTED!
I AM FREE!

Offline AussieRosa

« Reply #110 on: July 19, 2016, 10:39:00 pm »
FutureThinker, I'm glad to hear you're starting to have more 'normal' days now. Hopefully the worst is over and it will be all up from here on.
Gt 1a
contracted 1983
Fibroscan 6.1
Treatment naive
VL 2.97M
ALT 38
AST 47
Started Viekira Pak + Ribavirin Tues 19th Jan 2016
Week 4: VL Undetected!
March 5th Ribavirin dose reduction to 800mg from 1000mg
EOT April 11th 2016. VL Not Detected
12 Weeks post EOT: SVR12. Cured with a capital C!!
6 months post EOT: Undetected :-)

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.