Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 02:11:18 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 6307
  • Latest: golfer
Stats
  • Total Posts: 55125
  • Total Topics: 4851
  • Online Today: 141
  • Online Ever: 1314
  • (June 22, 2016, 05:23:42 am)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 111
Total: 111

Welcome

Welcome to the Hep Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people who have Fatty Liver Disease, Hepatitis B, C or a co-infection, their friends and family and others with questions about hepatitis and liver health. Check in frequently to read what others have to say, post your comments, and hopefully learn more about how you can reach your own health goals.

Privacy Warning: Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.
  • The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.
  • All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.
  • Product advertisement (including links); banners; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from the Hep Forum Moderators.
Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: part of my life  (Read 7745 times)

Offline Girl no name

part of my life
« on: July 16, 2016, 05:21:47 pm »
 Since that terrible day i always wanted to found the place where i could share my thoughts and finally i found it, but dont know even how to start. It is still so sad and heartbreaking part of my life, even thou i know there are so much people like me...
 Nearly four years ago i was the happiest person in the world, had an amazing boyfriend(now husband), good work, friends,and finally i was pregnant, felt blessed and couldnt wish for anything much better. Untill one day i received the letter saying something is wrong with my blood and i have to get in touch with the hospital. I was scared confused didnt understand what is going on. I thought how me always healthy strong never ill could get some bad news from the hospital. On behalf of me my boyfriend called the hospital. This day i will remember for the rest of my life...I never felt so down ashamed dirty confused devastated...That was the biggest shock ever - hepatitis b. To be honest dont remember myself ever crying so much. I still cry thou but not so much. Still feel the same but not so bad. Still questioning myself from where i have got it how and why...
 Not much actually i knew about it, so when i found out about it more i just wanted to die...I always was good daughter, never partying till late, never used drugs, never had unprotected sex, always studying hard, finished two universities, working hard to reach my dreams and never ever in my life would ever thought to hear such news...Still remember saying to my mom and dad actually screaming and crying what is going on with me.The reaction was the same as mine mom started to cry saying that everything is going to be ok and we are going to get thru this together, dad was thinking she who never complains about the health, just few times in thirty years had a fever , so strong mentally and phisically, how did it happen...well now for sure i know you can be healthy and have it not knowing about it.
 I dont feel the same person, im ashamed of myself, cant tell anyone about it. There is still a label about hepatitis b, people are very judgmental and like to talk about others, specially when bad things happen...To avoid those looks i rather keep it to myself, even this destroying me sometimes so badly. Remember sitting with few friends in the coffee shop, speaking about life, kids, husbands, peoples health problems, having a good time until one of my friends actually said she is disgusted with people who has these kinda diseases. Naturally she didnt know im infected and she still doesnt know, but can you imagine how i felt...She is close friend of mine, so after this dont even want to know what others think...But in the same time i feel like im lying to everybody around me, my friends, colleagues, some family members, but i just cant give them reason to judge me, speak about me...Even in the hospital (when i go for a blood test, to see a doctor) im afraid to meet someone i know, afraid of questions why i am here for. i know it sounds silly, but this is my truth, my life story. i just hope one day ill be cured and everybody will know about it...It would be my second birthday or day when i coud be the same smiling and happy women again.
 i know it sounds maybe too crazy and i shouldnt complain so much. i have an amazing husband, since this call he was always by my side, always loving, positive, supportive, beautiful and healthy daughter, loving parents, work, nice home. But i just dont have peace with myself, still blaming, punishing, hating myself for this. it is always on my mind, four years i go to bed and wake up with the same blaming thoughts, the same questions without answers.
 So thats why i am here, maybe i would find somebody who is going thru the same emotional roller coaster, maybe knowing somebody with the same problem would help feel more positive in life.
 Thank you for letting pour out my heart and sorry for my English (it is not my mother language) ;)
Take care and love you all.

Offline KimInTheForest

• Believe in yourself
Re: part of my life
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2016, 10:31:20 pm »
Welcome to the forums, Girl-no-name! You have come to the right place to share, and you are welcome here! :)

I don't know too much about Hepatitis B. I had Hep C for 45 years until I was cured last year with Harvoni. I truly believe there will be a cure for Hepatitis B too in the future. So much is happening right now research-wise in the world of viral hepatitis, it is just a matter of time.

Many of us here have experienced the stigma associated with Hepatitis (whether B or C). So you are not alone in that regard! All I can say is that you have nothing to feel ashamed about, even if others try to make you feel ashamed. Hold your head high, and take good care of yourself. Love yourself fully. recite mantras or affirmations to help you with that.

All the best,
Kim
Kim Goldberg (Nanaimo, BC)
1970s: Contracted HCV (genotype 3a)
2015: Cured with Harvoni + ribavirin (12 weeks)
MY STORY: https://pigsquash.wordpress.com/2016/01/28/undetectable-my-hep-c-story/

Offline morab

• Lives in the woods
Re: part of my life
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2016, 11:34:33 am »
girl no name
Welcome to the forum, and yes you have come to the best place for support. I just finished hep c treatment and don't know much about hep B but, keep your chin up and place no blame on your self! You have nothing to be ashamed of!
Most here on the forum also refrain from telling others in their lives about having hepatitis due to the stigma and other peoples judgement etc.
Come to us here with your worries and you will surely get many supporting folks here who can reply to your worries.
Best of luck to you and so thankful you have a wonderful husband and daughter!
Morab
3/2016 G 1a
Alt 84
Ast 62
Fibrosis score lab 0.66
quantitation 894,670
4/23/16 day 6, naive Harvoni 12 week treatment
5/27/16 week 4 lab results UNDETECTED AST 23 ALT17

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.