Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 02:44:05 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 6307
  • Latest: golfer
Stats
  • Total Posts: 55125
  • Total Topics: 4851
  • Online Today: 141
  • Online Ever: 1314
  • (June 22, 2016, 05:23:42 am)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 132
Total: 132

Welcome

Welcome to the Hep Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people who have Fatty Liver Disease, Hepatitis B, C or a co-infection, their friends and family and others with questions about hepatitis and liver health. Check in frequently to read what others have to say, post your comments, and hopefully learn more about how you can reach your own health goals.

Privacy Warning: Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.
  • The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.
  • All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.
  • Product advertisement (including links); banners; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from the Hep Forum Moderators.
Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Just started Harvoni seven days ago  (Read 7462 times)

Offline Raymond C.

Just started Harvoni seven days ago
« on: July 29, 2016, 07:24:31 pm »
As the subject line says I just started Harvoni. I have visited this site a few times and just now joined up. I was put on Harvoni by the VA {Viet Nam era vet}, I contacted the HepC either in the military or by another source. Doesn't really matter because I have it. I came down with symptoms back in the earlier 70's. Went to the doctor they gave me a shot of some kind of vitamin and told me to eat healthy then sent me out the door. Back then I figured it was no big deal as they didn't seem too concerned. I have had no problems other than when I go to the doctor for a blood count they always tell me I have HepC. But my life insurance company made my premiums higher because of the disease.
The VA has put me on Harvoni as I have mentioned earlier. Wow didn't know the cost of the drug was so high, unbelievable! The VA is paying for it all except my $8.00 co-pay per precription. Sorry this is so long but I am giving you a back ground of my situation.
Ok fast forward, I have trouble sleeping which is not real common according to what I have read. But it seems to be getting better. Other than that along with my knee replacement I had 11 weeks ago life is fine. Soo any input will be a plus for me. I am 68 yrs young and still have alot of golf to play. Thanks in advance..
Ray   

Offline its time

Re: Just started Harvoni seven days ago
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2016, 07:36:10 pm »
hi Raymond C ... thank you for your service...

and this is a good place to be.. everyone here so helpful one way or another...
I myself am not on Harvoni ..insurance denied that one but would pay for viekira pak + ribavirin...21 days today been taking... 
there are many that are on harvoni and I'm sure will pop in ...
best luck to you on treatment... I do know majority has said drink lots of water ....
4.16.16  VL 1.7 million  AST 62   ALT 80  RBC  4.84
HBG  15.4
GENO TYPE 1A
7.9.16   Viekira + Riba 12 WKS (EOT 9.30.16)
7.23.16  2 wk lab
     VL  20    AST  20   ALT  16   RBC 4.05   HBG 12.6
8.6.16  4 WK LAB
     VL UNDETECTED  AST 14   ALT 14   RBC 3.98
HBG 12.4
9.3.16   8 wk lab
     VL UNDETECTED  AST 14   ALT 10    RBC 3.74
HBG  11.9
10.8.16  12 WK EOT
    VL  UNDETECTED  AST 16   ALT  12   RBC  3.76
HBG  12.0
END DECEMBER GO FOR 12 WK BLDWK
1/5 2017 HEP C FREE.. CURED :)

Offline Raymond C.

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2016, 08:50:58 pm »
Thank you for your reply and your support. I have been drinking alot of water but I always have, that and Gator-Aid. I hope your recovery goes well to as I hope everyone elses does. I am just thankful they do have a cure for HepC.

Ray

Offline KimInTheForest

• Believe in yourself
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2016, 10:26:23 pm »
Welcome Ray! I had big insomnia issues with my 12 weeks of Havoni+ribavirin. I think the Harvoni was responsible. Many people on Harvoni are blessed with the "Harvoni High", which is actually quite a nice buzz but can worsen insomnia. When do you take your Harvoni? If you take it in the evenings, you could switch your time to mornings by shifting your pill time by 2 hours a day until you hit the time you want. that might help with the insomnia. Other people here have gotten prescription for sleeping pills while on treatment.

good luck!
kim :)
Kim Goldberg (Nanaimo, BC)
1970s: Contracted HCV (genotype 3a)
2015: Cured with Harvoni + ribavirin (12 weeks)
MY STORY: https://pigsquash.wordpress.com/2016/01/28/undetectable-my-hep-c-story/

Offline Raymond C.

« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2016, 10:58:22 pm »
Hello, I take the Harvoni at 0730 every morning. Last nights' sleep was alot better. I have not experienced the "Harvoni High". The VA said I could take benadril, I tried that and it was way too goffy for me. So we will see hoe things go I will repost later..., thanks...

Ray

Offline BillT

« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2016, 11:47:29 am »
Hi Raymond and welcome home brother,
                   A lot of us got it from the vaccine guns.As you said it doesn't matter because we have/had it.The VA has been great about treating us thank God,and you're going to do fine.As I've said before here,I took Aleve PM to help me sleep(2 a few hours before bedtime)and they really worked.There's a lot of great people,support,and information here.Keep us posted on how you're doing.Cheers
Contracted 1973 Military
Diagnosed 1980
Pegintron treatment 2004 unsucessful
Genotype 1b
FibroScan 10 (F2)
Start Viekira 10.17.2015

AST 40 ALT 69
VL 440k
10.31.2015/Week 2 Labs : AST 14/ALT 17
No VL done
10.14.2015/Week 4 labs : AST 14/ALT 14
VL UNDETECTED!!!
12.11.2015/Week 8 Labs : AST 12/ALT 13
No VL done
01.05.2016/EOT labs : AST 15/ALT 13
VL UNDETECTED!!!

12 WEEK SRV:UN-BLOODY DETECTABLE !!!!!!!!

24 WEEK SVR:UNDETECTABLE!!!! Thank You God.

Fibroscan 6Mo. Post Treatment 7.15.2016-5.3(F1)

Offline Raymond C.

« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2016, 05:05:00 pm »
 Bill, Thanks for the encouragement and welcome home to you sir too!.              Yah, I suppose we got it from the vaccine guns or blood transfusions who knows. I am going to try the Aleve PM to see if it will calm me down. Last night wasn't too bad got to sleep several hours in between bathroom breaks. We are lucky that the VA has stepped up to the plate and are helping us out. They contacted me knowing that years ago my blood count came back positive with HepC. I was told by one of their staff members that Uncle Sam gave a grant to the VA to help us out. Also that the drug was passed by the FDA in 2014.  Just want to get through it and "get on down the road".   

Ray

Offline BillT

« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2016, 10:40:58 am »
A lot of guys got it in the Nam Ray.Since nobody knew about it they passed their physicals when they re-upped and passed it on,not to mention the fact that someone was always bleeding.I know several people that have been treated and cured by the VA.They really have done a great job.You're going to get through this so just take it one day at a time.
Contracted 1973 Military
Diagnosed 1980
Pegintron treatment 2004 unsucessful
Genotype 1b
FibroScan 10 (F2)
Start Viekira 10.17.2015

AST 40 ALT 69
VL 440k
10.31.2015/Week 2 Labs : AST 14/ALT 17
No VL done
10.14.2015/Week 4 labs : AST 14/ALT 14
VL UNDETECTED!!!
12.11.2015/Week 8 Labs : AST 12/ALT 13
No VL done
01.05.2016/EOT labs : AST 15/ALT 13
VL UNDETECTED!!!

12 WEEK SRV:UN-BLOODY DETECTABLE !!!!!!!!

24 WEEK SVR:UNDETECTABLE!!!! Thank You God.

Fibroscan 6Mo. Post Treatment 7.15.2016-5.3(F1)

Offline Raymond C.

« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2016, 10:59:44 am »
Thanks again Bill for your support, concern, and info. I am feeling pretty good right now sleeping back to normal if you call 4-5 hours normal. I am also dealing with another medical issue which is my TKR {Total Knee Replacement} had that done 12 weeks ago but I am recovering from that really well. Only meds for that, that I am taking is Tramadol HCL 50mg. only on ocassions. It was oked by the VA clinic to not be a counter to Harvoni.

Ray   

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.