Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 12:44:07 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 6307
  • Latest: golfer
Stats
  • Total Posts: 55125
  • Total Topics: 4851
  • Online Today: 50
  • Online Ever: 1314
  • (June 22, 2016, 05:23:42 am)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 35
Total: 35

Welcome

Welcome to the Hep Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people who have Fatty Liver Disease, Hepatitis B, C or a co-infection, their friends and family and others with questions about hepatitis and liver health. Check in frequently to read what others have to say, post your comments, and hopefully learn more about how you can reach your own health goals.

Privacy Warning: Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.
  • The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.
  • All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.
  • Product advertisement (including links); banners; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from the Hep Forum Moderators.
Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Fourth week update  (Read 7390 times)

Offline Raymond C.

Fourth week update
« on: August 18, 2016, 12:17:41 pm »
Got lab reports back from provider, everything is going good. I asked for viral count and the only one they gave me was the first and only one and it was 26mil. They said they do not give out counts everytime I have blood work as I would continue Harvoni anyway no matter what the count was. Does that sound correct?
My sleep problem is gone that I had in the begining. Helps to stay active and exercise {stay hydratded}. Played my first round of golf this year with my wife yesterday no problems other than a bad score and sore knee from my recent knee replacement surgery.                                                                                     Have a good one and stay healthy to all..

Ray

Offline Steve76

Re: Fourth week update
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2016, 02:29:54 pm »
I am not sure if there is a hard protocoll to the HCV RNA testing. I am sure someone else on here can chime in.

I was on 24 weeks of Harvoni and got tested for the virus 4-12-24 weeks and then 15 weeks afterward (supposed to be 12 but I put it off for 3 weeks. Just got news today that the virus is gone.

The only test that matters is the EOT 12 week test I think.  I think the on treatment tests are to make sure the drug is working(always does) and that the patient is being compliant(not missing doses,etc,etc.).

Offline dragonslayer

« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2016, 02:59:11 pm »
Got lab reports back from provider, everything is going good. I asked for viral count and the only one they gave me was the first and only one and it was 26mil. They said they do not give out counts everytime I have blood work as I would continue Harvoni anyway no matter what the count was. Does that sound correct?
My sleep problem is gone that I had in the begining. Helps to stay active and exercise {stay hydratded}. Played my first round of golf this year with my wife yesterday no problems other than a bad score and sore knee from my recent knee replacement surgery.                                                                                     Have a good one and stay healthy to all..

Ray

Ray, the testing frequency has a lot to do with past history, condition of your liver, what  treatment you took etc.. It would help folks answer you properly if you included the key facts related to your case.. Easiest is to put them in your signature like mine.. That way, you wont have to repeat them in each and every subsequent post. 

In general, with the  new drugs, SVR is considered undetected at 12 wks post treatment.  So, unless you have failed prior treatments, or have cirrhosis or some other complication, many doctors wont test for viral load before 12 wks post treatment...    There are cases like mine which show low level detected at the end of treatment, and even at 8 wks post, which resolve to Undetected by 12 wks post... Again, without unusual circumstances, that's the only one that really matters, at least with Harvoni. Not so sure about the other treatments.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2016, 03:38:31 pm by dragonslayer »
Paul

DX 2008
Started Harvoni 11/26/14 for 8 wks
Completed 8 wks Harvoni 01/20/15
EOT RNA Quant result:  Detected 29
7.5 wk post tx: Detected < LLOQ(12)
11 wk post tx: UNDETECTED SVR12
24 wk post tx: UNDETECTED SVR24; AST 26; ALT 22; ALP 73
48 wk post tx: UNDETECTED SVR48; AST 18; ALT 18; ALP 70
GT 1a
vl 2.4mil
2008 bpx: Stage&Grade 0
2013 bpx: Stage&Grade: 0-1
IL28B: TT
likely infected early '70s

Offline Raymond C.

« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2016, 03:27:41 pm »
Thanks, Steve and Dragonslayer for your inputs. Muchly appreciated.

Ray

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.