Hepatitis C Main Forums > Hepatitis C Awareness and Activism

Big Pharma & Big Profits: The The Truth Comes Out

<< < (5/5)

mikeo52:
GOT A CALL FROM THE SPECIALTY PHARM. SATURDAY. I CALLED BACK THIS MORNING AND WAS TOLD MY FIRST MONTHS SUPPLY IS BEING DELIVERED TO MY DOCTORS OFFICE. I'LL BE GETTING MY FIRST DOSE ON THURSDAY IF ALL GOES ACCORDING TO PLAN! WHAT A GREAT 4TH OF JULY PRESENT AND MY 65TH BIRTHDAY IS ON THE 30TH. I JUST WANT TO THANK EVERYONE FOR THEIR SUPPORT.

MIKE

dragonslayer:

--- Quote from: lporterrn on June 28, 2017, 01:04:21 pm ---Mike - definitely get help - it's been too long.
As for your question, "is it safe to assume that doctors out there are getting kick-backs for using particular vendors or suppliers for hep c drugs?"
This is prohibited and if they did, they would lose their license. Some docs favor one drug over another because of clinical experience.

--- End quote ---

Isnt it true that, in general, pharmaceutical salesmen routinely wine and dine doctors, invite them to lavish conventions, pay travel expenses?  And these are just the above the table perks..   The larger gifts are more surreptitious, naturally.   If its 'prohibited', thnn someone must be turning their heads in order not to see this routine behavior.

Mike, a big Congrats!  It's about time.  My approval was delayed too. Not like yours, but  a few  weeks lapsed because even though I received my blood results, doctors office did not... Hardly even see how thats possible, but crap like this is the rule rather than the exception.. Anyway, looks like youre on your way. Best of luck..

gnatcatcher:
Mike, how's it going? If all went well with the delivery, you started on July 6 and can almost see the finish line already.

KimInTheForest:
Congrats Mike! 'Bout time they gave you your drugs. Good luck to you.

kim

FutureThinker:
Hey Mikeo52 and congrats on getting your meds!!  I thought I'd just let you know that my insurance co. denied my Harvoni request twice and I had to go to my state insurance board to get them to approve the prescription and MAKE the insurance co pay for it and comply............. so yes, you had to wait too long, but it worked out in the end! Persistence pays off.

Most of us do very well on this drug, I found the time just flew by and I had very few side effects.  I am sure you heard about drinking a lot of water, that really makes a huge difference.

Hope all is going well --- and remember, the future is bright!  FT

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version