Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:25:06 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 6307
  • Latest: golfer
Stats
  • Total Posts: 55125
  • Total Topics: 4851
  • Online Today: 100
  • Online Ever: 1314
  • (June 22, 2016, 05:23:42 am)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 69
Total: 69

Welcome

Welcome to the Hep Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people who have Fatty Liver Disease, Hepatitis B, C or a co-infection, their friends and family and others with questions about hepatitis and liver health. Check in frequently to read what others have to say, post your comments, and hopefully learn more about how you can reach your own health goals.

Privacy Warning: Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.
  • The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.
  • All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.
  • Product advertisement (including links); banners; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from the Hep Forum Moderators.
Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Undetected!  (Read 5771 times)

Offline MariettaMechanicalMan

Undetected!
« on: January 27, 2017, 12:57:51 am »
I got the message two weeks ago, I am hep c genotype 1a undetected! I am 19 years old and have been living with this virus for maybe 3-4 years as I used to be an IV heroin user after becoming an opiate addict after a serious sports injury. However, I have completely turned my life around and am on Suboxone maintenance therapy and Harvoni! I am starting my fifth week, and at just 2 weeks I had blood work done (actually only 13 days) and they say my hep c is undetected! I had been living with daily nausea, fatigue, frequent vomiting, and pains in my right side. I also had extreme anxiety and a little depression, however that all started when I had an extreme allergic reaction to Ribavirin in Moderiba while taking Viekira Pak back in July of 2016. And by extreme, I mean we are talking hemolytic anemia, rashes, jaundice, anxiety, depression, rage, horrible relentless nausea and vomiting, and other difficulty breathing. My gastrointerologist said it was the worst allergic reaction to ribavirin he has seen in his practice and the most rapid onset, normally they check you after 2 weeks on Moderiba, however I was jaundice and anemic after only half a week and in the ER after a week and a halfish. My doc also said that allergic reactions to that drug like that only happens in like 2% of patients so I won the lotto. Many of the symptoms the Moderiba allergic reaction such as nausea and anxiety persisted for months afterwards. This is probably why I qualified for Harvoni with relatively little liver damage, because I can not tolerate ribavirin whatsoever. Anyways my insurance company (BCBS of Texas, even though I live in GA) was trying to say yes the allergy to Moderiba is one of the qualifiers for Harvoni, however I also would need to have cirrhosis or require a liver transplant basically. How the hell does that make any sense? Wait until the patient is half dead and has a weak immune system, and less likely to fight off the virus and more money that we have to shell out to keep them alive anyways. I mean I just do not understand their logic, my doctor was so infuriated by my insurance company throughout the whole process. Anyways after like 10+ appeals I got my Harvoni, so anyone that is still waiting for their approval just hang in there! It may take a while but you will get there and it is so worth it to fight to have the right to modern medicine. I no longer have any nausea (some residual, however I have only puked twice since starting treatment and I used to puke 2-5 times a week average) so for me this was a miracle. Very happy to say that I am now Hepatitis C free and able to live just like any other normal college student now. Now I just have to get my girlfriend tested, even though I think there is very little of a chance of her testing positive we have been living together for a year and I just want to be safe. I guess after I get her negative test back (cross my fingers), then I am done with hearing about Hep C for the rest of my life  8) 8) 8) . Take it easy y'all, I pray that all of you out there that need it all get the medicine you need too and have similar results!
Contracted Hep C 1a around 2013-2014 at only age 16

Diagnosed May 25 2016(Contracted from previous IV heroin use, on Suboxone maintenance)
ALT 250 AST 200
Billirubin 1.0 (also when I found out I had Gilbert's Syndrome)
Viral Load: 5180

Started Viekira Pak and Moderiba treatment July of 2016
Bilirubin 5.3 ALT 75 AST 55 Low RBC Low Hemocrit Low Hemaglobin. Feeling MISERABLE (nausea, anxiety, depression, dizzy)

Started Harvoni 12/29/2016
UND at 2 weeks! ALT 22 AST 15 Billirubin 0.7

Offline andrew j

Re: Undetected!
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2017, 04:07:28 am »
Congratulations, MMM!

I love it when perseverance turns into a happy ending!

Thanks for your encouraging message.

Best wishes,
A.

Offline D63

• and, so . . .
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2017, 09:09:25 am »
Congratulations! My viral response was as rapid as yours. Yesterday, I am undetectable. And, it isn't surprising how all those extras from the virus just creep up on a person, some so slow that it almost becomes a new "norm." Good work! You have a LIFE ahead of you, you were meant to be on this planet to do something important. Please keep us informed about your future viral load results!

HUGS
d63
Genotype: 1A 
Contracted tattoo
Dx in 1990
Fibroscan: 11/15/2016 
Stage: F-0,  5.4 Kpa
Tx naive
Started Harvoni: 1/30/2017 - 8 weeks Tx

Week 1 Starting VL: 3,044,516
AST: 36
ALT: 63
Cryoglobulinemia: positive 12.00
Week 2:
AST: 15
ALT: 20
Week 4 VL: 0- UD
Cryo: NEGATIVE
AST: 16
Week 8 EOT VL: 0-UD
AST: 15
ALT: 18
Week 12, after EOT of 8 WK Tx: VL: 0- UD
Six months after EOT: VL: 0- UD
ALT: 13
AST: 12

One year after End Of Treatment: Viral Load: 0- NEGATIVE
AST: 17

CURED

Offline Philadelphia

• Global Moderator
  • It only looks like I know what I'm doing
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2017, 04:03:05 pm »
Congratulations on both your great results and your persistence. Onwards and upwards!
CURED SVR24  Class of 2015
Wk 12 post EOT 30.11.15: ALT 14 AST 22 GGT 22 VL UND
Week 19 07.08.15: ALT 17 AST 23 GGT 25
Week 12 18.06.15: ALT 21 AST 23 GGT 28
Week 8 25.05.15: ALT 23 AST 27 GGT 30 VL UND
Week 4 20.04.14: ALT 30 AST 36 VL 40
Treatment start 23.03.15: ALT 137 AST 185 VL 342,600
Cirrhosis Child-Pugh A, Genotype 1a - Viekira Pak + riba 24 weeks
Total failure interferon/ribavirin/boceprovir Mar 2013
https://www.hepmag.com/blogger/grace-campbell

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.