Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 11:10:39 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 6307
  • Latest: golfer
Stats
  • Total Posts: 55125
  • Total Topics: 4851
  • Online Today: 157
  • Online Ever: 1314
  • (June 22, 2016, 05:23:42 am)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 104
Total: 104

Welcome

Welcome to the Hep Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people who have Fatty Liver Disease, Hepatitis B, C or a co-infection, their friends and family and others with questions about hepatitis and liver health. Check in frequently to read what others have to say, post your comments, and hopefully learn more about how you can reach your own health goals.

Privacy Warning: Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.
  • The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.
  • All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.
  • Product advertisement (including links); banners; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from the Hep Forum Moderators.
Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Newly positvie  (Read 7321 times)

Offline val0121

Newly positvie
« on: February 18, 2017, 03:29:50 pm »
I found out January 31st that I'm HCV positive waiting to stat Harvoni this week...freaking out...The unknown of all of it scraes me.the when and where that ill probably never know (even though the hubby is sure its his fault his ex was tested ut never told the results) the questions about the side effects of Harvoni....I'm 1A F0 vl 911052 all of my other labs are completely normal...to me that seems crazy anyhow thanks for listening to my crazy
« Last Edit: February 18, 2017, 04:17:43 pm by val0121 »

Offline gnatcatcher

Re: Newly positvie
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2017, 08:05:05 pm »
Welcome, Val. You're correct that you'll probably never know the when and where, but you're in good company: a 2014 JAMA article estimated that 2.7 million Americans have chronic hep C.

All your labs, including the F0 and 911,052 VL, mean that your liver is in excellent shape. Harvoni is very easy: 1 pill per day, most people don't get side effects, and most of those who do usually get very mild, intermittent side effects. The cure rate is extremely high, and the few people who aren't cured by Harvoni then take another easy treatment.

This seems scary now, but in a few months you'll be done with treatment and most likely already cured (although the official proof-of-cure test occurs 12 weeks after the end of treatment). Just stay well hydrated and you'll probably have an easy time.

Please let your hubby know it's the fault of a virus, not a person. I'm 99.99% sure my HCV came from transfusions in 1971. Does that make it the surgeon's fault? The fault of the Red Cross? Back then, no doctors or scientists or Red Cross personnel knew what hepatitis C was or how it was spread -- they hadn't even named it yet  -- all they knew was that there was something damaging livers that wasn't hepatitis A or B. We have many people on these Hep Forums (myself included) whose spouses never got hep C. It's just one of those "s^*t happens" things.

Anyway, the liver is very resilient. You should be able to have your full life span.

Every good wish,

Gnatty
9/29/71 transfusions
HCV genotype 1a
7/09/15-9/30/15 Harvoni

Before treatment:
Viral Load 9,490,582
FibroScan 19.5 kPa [F4]
ALT 262
AST 217
ALP 183

Most recent:
VL still UNDETECTED (SVR 102)
FibroScan 7.6 kPa [F1-2]
ALT 15
AST 20
ALP 85

Offline val0121

Re: Newly positvie
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2017, 10:37:40 pm »
Gnatty
       Thank you for the encouraging words.  I just want to get this over with.  On top of the HCV I have COPD and of course fatty liver.   Its just nice to know I'm not alone in this crazy ride

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.