Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 05:13:12 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 6307
  • Latest: golfer
Stats
  • Total Posts: 55125
  • Total Topics: 4851
  • Online Today: 77
  • Online Ever: 1314
  • (June 22, 2016, 05:23:42 am)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 28
Total: 28

Welcome

Welcome to the Hep Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people who have Fatty Liver Disease, Hepatitis B, C or a co-infection, their friends and family and others with questions about hepatitis and liver health. Check in frequently to read what others have to say, post your comments, and hopefully learn more about how you can reach your own health goals.

Privacy Warning: Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.
  • The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.
  • All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.
  • Product advertisement (including links); banners; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from the Hep Forum Moderators.
Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Anyone else taking Zepatier  (Read 6285 times)

Offline kenmelton

Anyone else taking Zepatier
« on: March 21, 2017, 12:05:00 am »
I just started Zepatier March 8, 2017. Waited for 1.5 years to get approved. Turned down by Optima last year because my fibrosis score was only 2.5. Became eligible for Medicare Nov 1, 2016. Saw doctor and she got me approved. Medicare paid most and a grant paid for the rest. Viral load was 4.6 million. Liver functions were getting better from not drinking. Not sure what they were but Doctor was pleased. Main issue has been upset stomach, not bad though, just kind of uncomfortable. Restless sleep has been an issue as well. Food seems to taste better. Maybe Hep C messes with taste buds. Today, which is day 13, I seem to feel more energetic.

Reason they selected Zepatier over Harvoni because I am on a pain patch for a neck issue and there was a contradiction with pain med and Harvoni. Due to get new blood-work Wednesday March 22. Anxious to see how things have progressed.

The best I can tell, I most likely got this dreaded disease in my early 20's messing with drugs. How foolish we can be when we are young. And then there has been alcohol which had (notice I said had) been my good friend most of my adult life. It's was an easy choice for me to quit drinking when I was finally diagnosed with Hep C.

I can tell you this, I feel like I am getting a second chance. Hope everyone does well and hope the best for all.

Offline KimInTheForest

• Believe in yourself
Re: Anyone else taking Zepatier
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2017, 12:06:17 am »
Welcome Ken! And congrats on starting treatment. May you have smooth sailing. :)

kim
Kim Goldberg (Nanaimo, BC)
1970s: Contracted HCV (genotype 3a)
2015: Cured with Harvoni + ribavirin (12 weeks)
MY STORY: https://pigsquash.wordpress.com/2016/01/28/undetectable-my-hep-c-story/

Offline Aussie

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2017, 02:22:25 am »
Hi there,

I'm taking Zepatier for G1b and G4e, yes, I have two genotype infections.

I have been taking Zapatier for just over 9 weeks - started 16-01-17.

In the first week of treatment, I had some pretty weird aches and pains, but now the only side effect I have is fatigue, most days are fine but some I feel really tired. That said, I'm able to continue working etc. I have to go to bed earlier and sleep extremely well (9 hours).

I have just received LFT week 8 results, all have dropped more than half of pre-treatment and are well into normal range. These results are really promising.

It has yet to be decided if I need an extra four weeks of treatment due to the recently discovered multiple genotypes.

In Australia, we have been lucky with fully funded treatments for HCV, only pay a $6 or $30 per month (depending on income) prescribing fee. It's called the the PBS.

Stick the treatment out because it has a 97-100% cure rate.

I wish you the very best of luck, please keep us posted on your progress.

« Last Edit: March 22, 2017, 02:50:47 am by Aussie »
G1b & G4e (multiple infection)
Infected after blood transfusion as an infant and IV drug use in 1980s
Diagnosed 1986
Currently on Zapatier (started 16-1-17)
No Cirrhosis
VL 46000
ALT 43
AST 48
GGT 51
4 weeks into treatment LFTs are within normal range
ALT 26
AST 29
GGT 24
HCV & VL not tested

8 weeks into treatment
ALT 21
AST 20
GGT 19

Offline FutureThinker

• Onward and upward!
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2017, 12:27:53 pm »
Hi kenmelton and welcome to the forum! I reached SVR on Harvoni last summer, so can't comment on the Zepatier.  Sounds like you are doing pretty well overall, so hang in there, as it is worth it!! FT
Treatment naive
Likely contracted mid-70s
Diagnosed 1a, 2011
F1-2
Harvoni X 12 weeks, completed 5/17/16
Pre-treatment: VL 3 mil, AST 64, ALT 84
4 week labs: VL 30, AST 21, ALT 14
8 week labs: VL UD!!!, AST 22, ALT 16
12 week labs: VL UD, AST 23, ALT 14
2 wk EOT: VL UD
12 wk EOT: VL UD, AST 22, ALT 13 =  SVR 12! Yay! 
Last hep appointment: VL UD, AST 19, ALT 12 = SVR 39! I AM DONE!

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.