Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 03:16:13 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 6307
  • Latest: golfer
Stats
  • Total Posts: 55126
  • Total Topics: 4851
  • Online Today: 133
  • Online Ever: 1314
  • (June 22, 2016, 05:23:42 am)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 120
Total: 120

Welcome

Welcome to the Hep Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people who have Fatty Liver Disease, Hepatitis B, C or a co-infection, their friends and family and others with questions about hepatitis and liver health. Check in frequently to read what others have to say, post your comments, and hopefully learn more about how you can reach your own health goals.

Privacy Warning: Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.
  • The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.
  • All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.
  • Product advertisement (including links); banners; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from the Hep Forum Moderators.
Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Viekira XR with Ribavirin ??  (Read 9330 times)

Offline sandrooney

Viekira XR with Ribavirin ??
« on: May 21, 2017, 05:39:41 am »
Hi, This is my first time posting. I contracted HCV in 86 from a blood transfusion during a surgery.
I started Viekira XR with Ribavirin 4 days ago. First 3 days was fine 4th day I got nauseated nothing real bad just queasy. I am also experiencing irritated eyes, itchy and teary. Has anyone else experienced this? Today I will see what day 5 brings.
Thanks for the help,
SR

Offline Jorah

Re: Viekira XR with Ribavirin ??
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2017, 12:09:47 pm »
I also had at the begining some nausea with my DAA Epclusa, I chewed on some ginger while taking the the epclusa and have ginger tablets that helped. It goes away.

Hi, This is my first time posting. I contracted HCV in 86 from a blood transfusion during a surgery.
I started Viekira XR with Ribavirin 4 days ago. First 3 days was fine 4th day I got nauseated nothing real bad just queasy. I am also experiencing irritated eyes, itchy and teary. Has anyone else experienced this? Today I will see what day 5 brings.
Thanks for the help,
SR
« Last Edit: May 21, 2017, 12:11:31 pm by Jorah »

Offline sandrooney

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2017, 01:34:17 pm »
Thanks a lot

Offline Mimi

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2017, 06:11:33 pm »
hi, im finishing week 4 of viekirax, exviera and ribavirin, same meds as you. i also have issues with my eyes.... watery, itchy and sometimes feel like my upper eyelids are rubbing on sand. i used soothing eye rinse and it helped a lot. hope you get on ok, its going quite fast for me.
good luck and pm me any time for a chat  :)

Offline Mimi

« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2017, 06:13:56 pm »
oh... about the nausea... make sure to eat when taking the meds! drink LOADS of water. it helps. also greasy food makes it worse. loads of veggies, lean protein...fish, chicken.

Offline sandrooney

« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2017, 06:51:34 pm »
Thank you so much Mimi. I am drinking a gallon of water a day. I will watch the greasy foods. Thanks again

Offline Mimi

« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2017, 07:07:37 pm »
No problem, anytime  :)
And don't expect the worse.... It goes fast

Offline sandrooney

« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2017, 08:45:17 pm »
I felt fine today. One bad day out of 5 ain't bad. It wasn't even that bad.
Thanks
SR

Offline sandrooney

« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2017, 07:55:36 am »
Starting week 3 today. I actually feel pretty good. I have some bloating and heartburn other than that all is good.
Going for first blood work tomorrow. They are not checking for the virus only for hemoglobin. I have not felt tired at all, sometimes quite the opposite. My joint pain is getting a lot better. I never associated it with the virus but have read it's part of it.
SR

Offline Mimi

« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2017, 08:44:39 am »
Hi! Happy to hear you are doing ok. I started week 6 today. Have good and bad days... Well not too bad just some days i feel tired. Also had bloating and heartburn that started before treatment and im taking lansoprazole for it. It regulates the acids in your stomach and id ok to take with these meds but your doc has to prescribe it. Worked really well for me. I got my results from 2 weeks on treatment and my viral load went down from 114,000 to 12 !!!  In just 2 weeks! So these meds are working well!  :) good luck and stay in touch, glad you're doing ok!

Offline sandrooney

« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2017, 09:36:54 am »
Thanks Mimi. I am glad that you are doing good as well. I am anxious for my 4 week blood work which will include testing for the virus. Thanks again.

Offline Mimi

« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2017, 09:50:28 am »
Ill keep my fingers crossed for you!!! You'll do great.  Let me know how you get on!

Offline sandrooney

« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2017, 10:20:40 am »
Thanks I will keep you posted

Offline Philadelphia

• Global Moderator
  • It only looks like I know what I'm doing
« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2017, 07:24:48 am »
I felt nauseated while I was on the full dose of riba, but once it was reduced I felt better. As the weeks went on (I did 24 weeks) I felt more and more normal.
CURED SVR24  Class of 2015
Wk 12 post EOT 30.11.15: ALT 14 AST 22 GGT 22 VL UND
Week 19 07.08.15: ALT 17 AST 23 GGT 25
Week 12 18.06.15: ALT 21 AST 23 GGT 28
Week 8 25.05.15: ALT 23 AST 27 GGT 30 VL UND
Week 4 20.04.14: ALT 30 AST 36 VL 40
Treatment start 23.03.15: ALT 137 AST 185 VL 342,600
Cirrhosis Child-Pugh A, Genotype 1a - Viekira Pak + riba 24 weeks
Total failure interferon/ribavirin/boceprovir Mar 2013
https://www.hepmag.com/blogger/grace-campbell

Offline sandrooney

« Reply #14 on: June 07, 2017, 07:01:13 am »
Starting week 4 today. Feeling pretty good. Can't wait for blood work on the 15th.
SR

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.