Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 07:26:29 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 6307
  • Latest: golfer
Stats
  • Total Posts: 55126
  • Total Topics: 4851
  • Online Today: 91
  • Online Ever: 1314
  • (June 22, 2016, 05:23:42 am)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 81
Total: 81

Welcome

Welcome to the Hep Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people who have Fatty Liver Disease, Hepatitis B, C or a co-infection, their friends and family and others with questions about hepatitis and liver health. Check in frequently to read what others have to say, post your comments, and hopefully learn more about how you can reach your own health goals.

Privacy Warning: Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.
  • The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.
  • All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.
  • Product advertisement (including links); banners; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from the Hep Forum Moderators.
Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Taking Epclusa  (Read 5405 times)

Offline Vet_in_DE

Taking Epclusa
« on: June 23, 2017, 01:56:28 am »
I am on Epclusa now for 8 weeks. Genotype 2a, suspected exposure in 1971, US military. Diagnosed in Germany 2016 when a routine physical and blood work showed my liver panel elevated.
Now, due to the diligence of my primary care, and living and working on the German economy, my treatment is covered and I pay a minimal fee for the medication. At first, no unusual or severe side effects but a progression of the side effects have been increasing. First the fatigue increased (part of living with Hep C from my understanding) SOB upon exertion (climbing stairs or walking long distances) Muscle aches (deep muscle pain) difficulty concentrating, irritability. Last night I became lightheaded and checked my BP (100/64) I am a 62 yr old male. I so want this virus out of my body and I am hoping I can make it through the last month of treatment. I see my Dr. in 4 days. Will report the symptoms but I do not want the TX stopped. Just wanted to put my experience on here since I have not discussed this with anyone but my wife and Doctor.

Offline Jorah

Re: Taking Epclusa
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2017, 08:33:27 pm »
Hello Vet, you're experience is not uncommon, some feel little some feel more. What your feeling is consistent with some of the symptoms of Epclusa that people get during the last period of treatment. I feel similar...I would not consider stopping. I get brain fog too.

Are you drinking 64 oz of water everyday? Stop all processed food and sugar products, I hope you're not drinking booze. The water seems to do miracles...take it easy don't go walking for long distances...don't put more strain on yourself.  Go for 1/2 hour walk instead. Before you know it will be over...
« Last Edit: June 23, 2017, 08:43:54 pm by Jorah »

Offline Vet_in_DE

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2017, 05:33:36 am »
Thank you Jorah for your reply and advice. I am happy to hear that my experiences are not unusual. That was my biggest concern.  I try and drink at least 3 liters of water each day. I was a rare drinker before my DX and since have not drank alcohol.
I try to get some exercise but my work is sedentary. Sugar is my weakness. I will try to eliminate as much as possible. Mornings seem to be good but by noon, I feel my energy starting to drain.

Again, Thank you for your comments.  :)

Offline Jorah

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2017, 09:46:56 am »
Be careful with too much water, you may be creating an electrolyte imbalance,  losing potassium and magnesium can cause fatigue...2 liters is fine, otherwise add a sports drink.
Yes sugar is a big problem for many, I think its addictive. It can play havoc with your glucose and energy levels.
Take care...

Thank you Jorah for your reply and advice. I am happy to hear that my experiences are not unusual. That was my biggest concern.  I try and drink at least 3 liters of water each day. I was a rare drinker before my DX and since have not drank alcohol.
I try to get some exercise but my work is sedentary. Sugar is my weakness. I will try to eliminate as much as possible. Mornings seem to be good but by noon, I feel my energy starting to drain.

Again, Thank you for your comments.  :)

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.