Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:20:39 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 6307
  • Latest: golfer
Stats
  • Total Posts: 55125
  • Total Topics: 4851
  • Online Today: 125
  • Online Ever: 1314
  • (June 22, 2016, 05:23:42 am)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 91
Total: 91

Welcome

Welcome to the Hep Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people who have Fatty Liver Disease, Hepatitis B, C or a co-infection, their friends and family and others with questions about hepatitis and liver health. Check in frequently to read what others have to say, post your comments, and hopefully learn more about how you can reach your own health goals.

Privacy Warning: Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.
  • The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.
  • All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.
  • Product advertisement (including links); banners; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from the Hep Forum Moderators.
Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Just sharing, not much useful because of circumstances  (Read 9928 times)

Offline Midiman

Just sharing, not much useful because of circumstances
« on: June 30, 2017, 01:10:45 am »
Hi.

I tested negative for C in 2006. Then I tested positive in 2008 but they could detect no viral load nor sub-type. I got married and moved to a new city last June and established new medical people. They finally came up with type 1b and a VL of about 350,000... which is fairly low considering I see people here in the millions.

It took a couple of months haggling with insurance who refused to pay for the Harvoni prescription... so things were changed to Zepatier. I started the program but within days, my much younger wife had beaten me... for the third time, and lit two fires in the house she got us evicted from... and went to jail, where she remains today.

Needless to say, I've missed every blood test since the original baseline 10 weeks ago.

I managed to vacate with all my guitars and recording studio gear and am now at the end of week 10 of 12. I finally figured out the remote doc could order the requisite blood work from here but have no results yet. I'm just kind of living on a prayer, so to speak. Hopefully, the last test turns out well and I only have 13 days left to take this stuff.

Wish me well... as I do all of you.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2017, 01:13:42 am by Midiman »

Offline gnatcatcher

Re: Just sharing, not much useful because of circumstances
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2017, 05:20:10 am »
Welcome, Midiman. So glad you were able to save yourself, your music, and your Zepatier! Very sorry your wife turned out not to be who you thought she was -- those were some mightily rough months you just went through!

The Zepatier was working away unaffected by the physical and emotional turmoil. You also have 1b and the low VL on your side. The missed tests aren't a problem; the only test that counts is the test 12 weeks after the end of treatment, when most people are undetectable and pronounced cured, and the few who aren't get resistance testing to find out what their genetic resistance is so that the second med will cure them. Please keep us posted, so we can congratulate you when you get your first undetected and when you're pronounced cured.

Wishing you well,

Gnatty
« Last Edit: June 30, 2017, 05:21:46 am by gnatcatcher »
9/29/71 transfusions
HCV genotype 1a
7/09/15-9/30/15 Harvoni

Before treatment:
Viral Load 9,490,582
FibroScan 19.5 kPa [F4]
ALT 262
AST 217
ALP 183

Most recent:
VL still UNDETECTED (SVR 102)
FibroScan 7.6 kPa [F1-2]
ALT 15
AST 20
ALP 85

Offline andrew j

Re: Just sharing, not much useful because of circumstances
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2017, 08:35:53 pm »
Blimey ... What a story?!

Yes - 12 weeks of Zepatier is an excellent treatment for 1 bs.

Hoping that things keep running along smoothly for you - at least on the Tx front?!

Wishing you well [also],

A.

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.