Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 10:49:57 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 6307
  • Latest: golfer
Stats
  • Total Posts: 55125
  • Total Topics: 4851
  • Online Today: 77
  • Online Ever: 1314
  • (June 22, 2016, 05:23:42 am)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 53
Total: 53

Welcome

Welcome to the Hep Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people who have Fatty Liver Disease, Hepatitis B, C or a co-infection, their friends and family and others with questions about hepatitis and liver health. Check in frequently to read what others have to say, post your comments, and hopefully learn more about how you can reach your own health goals.

Privacy Warning: Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.
  • The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.
  • All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.
  • Product advertisement (including links); banners; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from the Hep Forum Moderators.
Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: my 27th day with harbony  (Read 7628 times)

Offline jungo

my 27th day with harbony
« on: July 01, 2017, 04:24:48 pm »
hello everybody. i start on harbony last june 5-17my health insurance did not approved my treatment. but thanks to my Gi secretary she register me in gilead support path program and after sending them some docs  they approved me to receive free medication.today is my day number 27 on the pill. so far i been doing very good with no side effects. i work 5 days a week and very energetic. next monday will start my second bottle. i have been waiting for 16 years for this med finnally is here and i feel very possitive about all this.my best wishes to all you guys. have a successfull treatment everyone
« Last Edit: July 01, 2017, 04:29:07 pm by jungo »

Offline gnatcatcher

Re: my 27th day with harbony
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2017, 05:10:44 pm »
Welcome, jungo. Glad you were able to get Harvoni and are having an easy time on it (as most people do). Harvoni gave me extra energy, too.

Every good wish,

Gnatty
9/29/71 transfusions
HCV genotype 1a
7/09/15-9/30/15 Harvoni

Before treatment:
Viral Load 9,490,582
FibroScan 19.5 kPa [F4]
ALT 262
AST 217
ALP 183

Most recent:
VL still UNDETECTED (SVR 102)
FibroScan 7.6 kPa [F1-2]
ALT 15
AST 20
ALP 85

Offline jungo

« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2017, 05:03:11 pm »
hello everybody. i start on harbony last june 5-17my health insurance did not approved my treatment. but thanks to my Gi secretary she register me in gilead support path program and after sending them some docs  they approved me to receive free medication.today is my day number 27 on the pill. so far i been doing very good with no side effects. i work 5 days a week and very energetic. next monday will start my second bottle. i have been waiting for 16 years for this med finnally is here and i feel very possitive about all this.my best wishes to all you guys. have a successfull treatment...
« Last Edit: July 03, 2017, 05:07:33 pm by jungo »

Offline CureSeeker

• Virus Free! Happy Dance Time!
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2017, 08:07:23 pm »
Hi jungo,

So you started your second bottle today?

Here's wishing you smooth sailing on the boat to Wellsville!

Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth.

~ Arthur Conan Doyle

Genotype 3a, F 0-1
Sovaldi & Ribavirin x 24 weeks

2/23/16 - UNDETECTED!  SVR12 achieved.  :D
6/21/17 - UNDETECTED!  1.5 years post treatment.
July 2018 - UNDETECTED!

Offline jungo

« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2017, 03:56:18 pm »
hello everybody. can somebody tell what this reading means in real numbers. i've try to google but no results. before i start harbony this is my viral load but dont know or understand
hcv virus quant. 77596
log 10-4.89
can somebody help me and explain this numbers
i will really appreciate it. thanks

Offline CureSeeker

« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2017, 04:11:16 pm »
The virus replicates.  It makes copies of itself.  That's how many copies it had made when you started treatment.  The number of copies fluctuates over time,  goes up and down on its own.

When do you get the test done again?
Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth.

~ Arthur Conan Doyle

Genotype 3a, F 0-1

July 2018 - UNDETECTED!

Offline jungo

« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2017, 04:28:37 pm »
this sample was taken on 4/26/17 start harbony on 6/05/17 just finish my first bottle and start  the second .my gi will chk my viral load right after i finish my 8 weeks with harbony. thanks for ur repply

Offline CureSeeker

« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2017, 04:37:26 pm »
Wow, you are lucky.  I had to get tested once a month when I took my treatment.  Felt like I was getting tested every time I turned around.

I hope you stay lucky, and the results come back 'undetected'.  That will mean there will be no copies, and the virus is gone.  Cured!

Best wishes! :)

~ Arthur Conan Doyle

Genotype 3a, F 0-1

July 2018 - UNDETECTED!

Offline gnatcatcher

« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2017, 05:43:31 pm »
hello everybody. can somebody tell what this reading means in real numbers. i've try to google but no results. before i start harbony this is my viral load but dont know or understand
hcv virus quant. 77596
log 10-4.89
can somebody help me and explain this numbers
i will really appreciate it. thanks

Assuming your lab uses IU/mL (International Units per milliliter), there were 77,596 units of the virus in one milliliter of your blood. The "log 10-4.89" expresses the number 77,596 as a base-ten logarithm. Expressing a viral load as a logarithm is for the convenience of the doctors: they look at the number before the decimal point (in this case, the 4) to see whether it has gone higher or lower than another test, so that they can quickly notice large changes.

For you, all that matters is that you had a (rather small) viral load before treatment, which is why you are taking the treatment. Harvoni works quickly, so it most likely already brought your viral load down to "undetected." Different doctors test at different times, but the end of treatment is a good time: if you are "undetected" then, that's excellent news, but you'll probably still be rechecked at a later date, because an "undetected" 12 weeks after the end of treatment is officially when a person is declared cured.

If your first test comes back "detected" or with an actual number of IU/mL, you might still clear the virus and be cured by the official cure test. On these forums, dragonslayer (Paul) and some others had that happen. Or, you might have been resistant to one of the drugs in Harvoni; resistance testing would be done so your doctor can pick the right next medicine to finish the job and cure you.

jungo, you will probably be undetected on that first test. The fact that you started treatment with a low viral load is a good sign (that's why you need only 8 weeks, not 12), and Harvoni has a very high cure rate. 

Gnatty
9/29/71 transfusions
HCV genotype 1a
7/09/15-9/30/15 Harvoni

Before treatment:
Viral Load 9,490,582
FibroScan 19.5 kPa [F4]
ALT 262
AST 217
ALP 183

Most recent:
VL still UNDETECTED (SVR 102)
FibroScan 7.6 kPa [F1-2]
ALT 15
AST 20
ALP 85

Offline jungo

« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2017, 06:13:00 pm »
thanks. naggy. for your support and advise.
my best wishes for you and your belove ones..

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.