Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 07:24:35 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 6307
  • Latest: golfer
Stats
  • Total Posts: 55125
  • Total Topics: 4851
  • Online Today: 157
  • Online Ever: 1314
  • (June 22, 2016, 05:23:42 am)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 97
Total: 97

Welcome

Welcome to the Hep Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people who have Fatty Liver Disease, Hepatitis B, C or a co-infection, their friends and family and others with questions about hepatitis and liver health. Check in frequently to read what others have to say, post your comments, and hopefully learn more about how you can reach your own health goals.

Privacy Warning: Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.
  • The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.
  • All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.
  • Product advertisement (including links); banners; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from the Hep Forum Moderators.
Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Epclusa 5 weeks - So far so good  (Read 14444 times)

Offline On the road

Epclusa 5 weeks - So far so good
« on: August 23, 2017, 02:41:54 pm »
Hi everyone, I wanted to post my experience so far on Epclusa.  There was another thread asking if anyone had a good experience, but mostly while on Harvoni. 
I have to say, I have had a pretty easy time this past 5 weeks.  Days 3 to 5, I felt like crap, achy, tired, but I had read here about drinking tons of water, so I started doing that and have kept up with the water intake so far. The initial symptoms seemed to vanish right away and have not come back.  The only problem I seem to have is my sleep.  I had a hard time before treatment with falling and staying asleep and after starting treatment it got worse.  I will have about 3 nights of 3 to 4 hours of sleep and on the 4th night, I would just crash due to exhaustion.  The weird thing was, that during the day I really would not feel exhausted until about dinner time.  Then I would go to bed and lie there for hours.  My doctor prescribed a low dose of Trazodone, which has really helped with falling asleep, but doesn't work all the time.  That's fine, I can deal with that.

I wish others going through treatment would've had an easy time as well.

I am a Breast Cancer survivor (9 years) and I was able to tolerate the Chemo with absolutely no side effects.  I was able to work every day and care for my family.  Maybe I can just tolerate medications better than most.  If it wasn't for my Oncologist, I still would not have sought treatment.  I have been carrying around this secret and embarrassment for 20+ years and will be so happy to be free from it.

Anyway I just wanted to give anyone preparing for treatment a positive outlook on Epclusa.

Good luck to all.
Genotype 2b
Contracted in 1978 getting tattoo
have had it for 39 years

4-2017        8-8-2017
VL          548k
AST          46             26
ALP           57             10
ALP           86             64

Offline KimInTheForest

• Believe in yourself
Re: Epclusa 5 weeks - So far so good
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2017, 06:07:21 pm »
Welcome to the forums, On The Road! Sounds like you are well on your way, being five weeks into your treatment. Wonderful that it's causing you no problems. Most people seem to be doing well on Epclusa in terms of side effects.

Good luck on your journey! :)

kim
Kim Goldberg (Nanaimo, BC)
1970s: Contracted HCV (genotype 3a)
2015: Cured with Harvoni + ribavirin (12 weeks)
MY STORY: https://pigsquash.wordpress.com/2016/01/28/undetectable-my-hep-c-story/

Offline rigacci

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2017, 01:32:43 pm »
You must be finished by now! I hope it all worked well for you.

I am in my 5th week. 50 days left.

I have felt very little side effects that I read about. Occasionally I get tired after I take it (at noon) and occasionaly I do feel like crap. But on the whole, it has been great.

Offline KimInTheForest

• Believe in yourself
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2017, 01:37:27 pm »
I am in my 5th week. 50 days left.

I have felt very little side effects that I read about. Occasionally I get tired after I take it (at noon) and occasionaly I do feel like crap. But on the whole, it has been great.

Welcome rigacci! And congrats on being nearly half-way through your Epclusa journey. On to wellness!

kim
Kim Goldberg (Nanaimo, BC)
1970s: Contracted HCV (genotype 3a)
2015: Cured with Harvoni + ribavirin (12 weeks)
MY STORY: https://pigsquash.wordpress.com/2016/01/28/undetectable-my-hep-c-story/

Offline Christina166

« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2018, 01:38:52 pm »
Hello how you feeling after treatmeant with epclusa? I finish just 2weeks ago and feeling bad and don’t hawe energy to tired

Offline rigacci

« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2018, 01:48:13 pm »
Drink lots of water. Flush it out of your system. That helped me through the 12 weeks and continues to.
As far as for sleep. If you are in one of the states that has Medical MJ, that might help with the sleep. Helps me.

Offline On the road

« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2018, 01:53:55 pm »
Hi Christina166.  It's been a year since I've been cured and I'm doing well.  I can definitely understand feeling like you do after treatment.  I felt the same, tired and no energy.  I was really thinking I was doing better before treatment, but of course, that's not true.  We're cured now!  It took probably 3 months or so for the low energy to go away.  Try to eat really well, keep drinking plenty of water and get the plenty of rest.  You'll start feeling more like yourself soon.
Genotype 2b
Contracted in 1978 getting tattoo
have had it for 39 years

4-2017        8-8-2017
VL          548k
AST          46             26
ALP           57             10
ALP           86             64

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.