Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 02:46:35 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 6307
  • Latest: golfer
Stats
  • Total Posts: 55126
  • Total Topics: 4851
  • Online Today: 45
  • Online Ever: 1314
  • (June 22, 2016, 05:23:42 am)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 38
Total: 38

Welcome

Welcome to the Hep Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people who have Fatty Liver Disease, Hepatitis B, C or a co-infection, their friends and family and others with questions about hepatitis and liver health. Check in frequently to read what others have to say, post your comments, and hopefully learn more about how you can reach your own health goals.

Privacy Warning: Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.
  • The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.
  • All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.
  • Product advertisement (including links); banners; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from the Hep Forum Moderators.
Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Fever, from Harvoni?  (Read 17600 times)

Offline RichardEll

Fever, from Harvoni?
« on: November 24, 2014, 01:58:19 am »
Hi everyone.   First post - I just joined.   Briefly:    1A, previous partial responder,  2X TX 1994 and 2004 (48 weeks),   liver destroyed -  ESLD, advanced cirrhosis.

JUST GOT Harvoni,  after a year-long fight with my Blue Cross over Olysio/Sovaldi.   Have taken 6 pills now.    Weeks ago,  prior to receiving Harvoni,   I had another episode of swelling of the abdomen,  but it's not Ascites - mostly,  it is inflamed gastrointestinal tissues.   All tests under the Sun show no cancer, polyps, ulcers,  white count normal.    Agony for 3 months now.    Hospitalized 3 days early this week,  and being closely monitored.   This happened before,  similarly in 2008 and 2010.   Back then,  no diagnosis.    Now I go to a REAL hospital.  Theory among all there,  is that it is my HepC flaring,  affecting all other organs it can reach.   Viral load:   2.6 million,  one week ago.

QUESTION:    As far as I can tell,  the Harvoni is giving me no side effects,  save a mild headache and a few burbles from the gut.   BUT -  I got a spastic cough,  and a persistent fever for 3 days now - about 99.8.    Has anyone here gotten a FEVER,  from Harvoni?   

Thrilled to get the Harvoni - I just hope it's not too late,  as I'm seriously ill now.  Best wishes to all.    RL

Offline Cecil Michael

Re: Fever, from Harvoni?
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2014, 08:44:44 am »
I am 3 doses in and have not experienced fever, primarily transient mild tiredness.

Mike

Offline Bucky

« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2014, 09:39:47 am »
Hi everyone.   First post - I just joined.   Briefly:    1A, previous partial responder,  2X TX 1994 and 2004 (48 weeks),   liver destroyed -  ESLD, advanced cirrhosis.

JUST GOT Harvoni,  after a year-long fight with my Blue Cross over Olysio/Sovaldi.   Have taken 6 pills now.    Weeks ago,  prior to receiving Harvoni,   I had another episode of swelling of the abdomen,  but it's not Ascites - mostly,  it is inflamed gastrointestinal tissues.   All tests under the Sun show no cancer, polyps, ulcers,  white count normal.    Agony for 3 months now.    Hospitalized 3 days early this week,  and being closely monitored.   This happened before,  similarly in 2008 and 2010.   Back then,  no diagnosis.    Now I go to a REAL hospital.  Theory among all there,  is that it is my HepC flaring,  affecting all other organs it can reach.   Viral load:   2.6 million,  one week ago.

QUESTION:    As far as I can tell,  the Harvoni is giving me no side effects,  save a mild headache and a few burbles from the gut.   BUT -  I got a spastic cough,  and a persistent fever for 3 days now - about 99.8.    Has anyone here gotten a FEVER,  from Harvoni?   

Thrilled to get the Harvoni - I just hope it's not too late,  as I'm seriously ill now.  Best wishes to all.    RL

Richard,
Welcome to the forum. Since I have was treated with S&O I can't directly comment on Harvoni ( includes Sovaldi) but I did run a low grade fever a couple time during my treatment. I figured that it was from the battle that was going on inside my body. The big surprise for me was the fact that my chronic sinus infection has cleared up! I have been clogged up for many many years and now I can breath freely.
There are not a lot of people here on Harvoni but I am sure if the cough is treatment related someone will post it.
Bucky 
I HAVE SLAYED THE DRAGON.....CURED SVR24!

Offline JillLynn

• contracted 1973/ peg/rib 1999 & 2004/on harvoni
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2014, 09:54:56 am »
Hi Richard.   I'm so sorry you are so sick.   Hope you can get this under control really soon.
 As far as the Harvoni.....I'm starting week 6...... sometimes I do feel a bit feverish on it but my temp is never up.  I just feel that way for some reason.    I do have some bloating and swelling and I know the gurgles you are talking about.    I had nausea for a few weeks but it's gone now.     Not much appetite and no cough.    Please keep us posted as to how you are doing.  Jill

Offline RichardEll

« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2014, 01:50:33 pm »
Thank you all,  for the input.    Yes,  it's been a brutal setback for me this past 3 months.   I am 99% bedridden - too sick to do anything.    I am not blaming the Harvoni,  as I've only been on it for one week.    But, the fever was something new.   

You're all probably spot-on -  it's the battle raging,  across the board.   Fingers crossed on both hands,  that this Harvoni will destroy the virus as advertised, and then we'll see what I have left.     Will keep in touch.

I've been very ill with complications (Ascites, etc.)  for almost 5 years now,  and actually I consider myself lucky,  that episodes such as this have been rare for me up until now.    Even my Drs.  have said this. 

Good forum, by the way :)    RL

Offline rainydays rainbows

« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2014, 04:26:03 pm »
I have had what felt like a fever but no temperature.  I am so sorry to hear that you have been feeling so bad.  Hopefully the Harvoni will help you feel better.
Today was my 4th week on Harvoni and I went to Quest for lab work.  A follow up appointment next week 12/02 at Gastroenterologist's office for results.  I will post results then. 
My first week on Harvoni was great, no side effects at all.  Everyone's experience is different for me the 2nd week I became very tired (fatigued) and mainly it has been that way since.  No headaches though.  Haven't been myself I seem to be easily aggravated and this is not the norm for me.  I am Genotype 1A, no fibrosis (according to 2 Ultrasounds) never did treatment before I'm on 8 week regiment.  Good luck to all of us going through this.  I'm not up to Thanksgiving this year miss being with family but I just don't feel up to it.   Although I wish everyone a Happy Thanksgiving.

Offline hoping4thebest

« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2014, 04:42:41 pm »
Welcome Richard, a few months back i also developed a fever so I called  my physician and he advised me to get to the hospital asap and was admitted for 3 days until the fever broke and they ran a battery of tests, so you should not hesitate call your doctor and see what he says. I am also decompenated and not eligible for treatment yet. Good luck i wish you all the best

Offline UndetectableC

« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2014, 03:52:56 pm »
Hi Richard. I'm also new here. I've had fever spikes, and night sweats, chills and other transient side effects throughout my first 4 weeks of treatment on Harvoni. Please call your DR to tell them about your prolonged fever as it could be serious.

Like your cartoon- too true. We must keep a sense of humor about these things. :)

Hope you are feeling better soon!

Offline RichardEll

« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2014, 07:14:03 pm »
Thank you all.   Still a trace of fever,  but very low.  Tops out at 99.8,  and the last two days it's been 98.9.    Ever so slowly,  going away.   Still have awful pains in my G.I. tract,   very hard to eat any solid food,  so I'm eating sliced apples,  chicken broth,  a cup of noodles, etc. - getting by.    Seems like it will take a long time, for my innards to recover from this vicious bout of inflammation.

Drs. and Discharge Papers advise:   Take action - report to hospital -  if fever reaches 100.5,  which mine has not done.  I will be seeing them in a week anyway.

Offline djhall00

« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2017, 11:57:38 am »
How long did the fever last and also is there any recommendation for source of low cost Harvoni

Offline dragonslayer

« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2017, 02:21:26 pm »

Richard, a few weeks into treatment I had a brief episode with fever and upset stomach.. Lasted about a day.   But Im loathe to blame it on Harvoni.. Its not like people dont get sick all by themselves. Its possible it was Harvoni, but there is no way of knowing.
Paul

DX 2008
Started Harvoni 11/26/14 for 8 wks
Completed 8 wks Harvoni 01/20/15
EOT RNA Quant result:  Detected 29
7.5 wk post tx: Detected < LLOQ(12)
11 wk post tx: UNDETECTED SVR12
24 wk post tx: UNDETECTED SVR24; AST 26; ALT 22; ALP 73
48 wk post tx: UNDETECTED SVR48; AST 18; ALT 18; ALP 70
GT 1a
vl 2.4mil
2008 bpx: Stage&Grade 0
2013 bpx: Stage&Grade: 0-1
IL28B: TT
likely infected early '70s

Offline gnatcatcher

« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2017, 08:47:05 pm »
How long did the fever last and also is there any recommendation for source of low cost Harvoni

Welcome, djhall00. Your question will probably get more answers if you put it into a new thread in the "Considering . . ." forum, but in the meantime, this post has very helpful information:
https://forums.hepmag.com/index.php?topic=4747.msg49059#msg49059
Also, some people here have gotten Harvoni's manufacturer, Gilead, to cover nearly the total cost.

Best wishes,

Gnatty
9/29/71 transfusions
HCV genotype 1a
7/09/15-9/30/15 Harvoni

Before treatment:
Viral Load 9,490,582
FibroScan 19.5 kPa [F4]
ALT 262
AST 217
ALP 183

Most recent:
VL still UNDETECTED (SVR 102)
FibroScan 7.6 kPa [F1-2]
ALT 15
AST 20
ALP 85

Offline pippac

« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2017, 02:05:34 pm »
hi there, I have experienced fever.... but on epclusa... going to see my doctor soon... my pharmacist said to check in with doctor just to make sure I'm not having a reaction to the medication.... because fever usually isn't a side effect...but yes I have gotten fever also just started my treatment 9/27 & I got a fever on the 3rd day of treatment.... I would say it is a side effect though.... maybe because it's not common doesn't mean it's not; just my opinion. We are the ones on the meds we know how we feel & don't feel...good luck

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.