Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:35:48 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 6307
  • Latest: golfer
Stats
  • Total Posts: 55125
  • Total Topics: 4851
  • Online Today: 125
  • Online Ever: 1314
  • (June 22, 2016, 05:23:42 am)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 67
Total: 67

Welcome

Welcome to the Hep Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people who have Fatty Liver Disease, Hepatitis B, C or a co-infection, their friends and family and others with questions about hepatitis and liver health. Check in frequently to read what others have to say, post your comments, and hopefully learn more about how you can reach your own health goals.

Privacy Warning: Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.
  • The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.
  • All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.
  • Product advertisement (including links); banners; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from the Hep Forum Moderators.
Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Anxious and worried!  (Read 9802 times)

Offline Dazedandconfused8

Anxious and worried!
« on: October 23, 2017, 02:32:58 pm »
 :-[ hello, and thanks for reading my post. 12 days ago I
Got a tattoo from this guy that used to be a professional tattoo
Artist. Now he only does tattoo from his home every now and
then. Everything he used was disposable but still im freaking out.
He told me I have nothing to worry about . I messaged him so many
Times after I got my tattoo asking him questions to the
Point where he said he felt harassed.

Im starting to have bad anxiety. Last night I felt this pain in my right
Rib cage. Is too soon to have pain? Also if I go and get tested now
Will it be to early to detect infection?

Thanks!

Offline strangerbynight

Re: Anxious and worried!
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2017, 02:48:22 pm »
:-[ hello, and thanks for reading my post. 12 days ago I
Got a tattoo from this guy that used to be a professional tattoo
Artist. Now he only does tattoo from his home every now and
then. Everything he used was disposable but still im freaking out.
He told me I have nothing to worry about . I messaged him so many
Times after I got my tattoo asking him questions to the
Point where he said he felt harassed.

Im starting to have bad anxiety. Last night I felt this pain in my right
Rib cage. Is too soon to have pain? Also if I go and get tested now
Will it be to early to detect infection?

Thanks!

I cant answer much for you here but do you recall if he used left over ink or new ink? It is important that he used new ink, cause i heard even if he use new needle the old inks still contaminated with hepatis..

Offline Dazedandconfused8

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2017, 02:50:21 pm »
He used new ink cups the disposable kind. I have gotten tattoos before and they do the same procedure. Once they're done with the tatto they throw the cups away.

Offline strangerbynight

« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2017, 02:55:35 pm »
Then i dont see why you are worry then..seems like a safe practice to me.

Offline iana5252

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2017, 04:43:40 pm »
Hep did a write up on this a couple of years ago. Hope it helps.

Tattoos and Hepatitis C: What Are the Risks?

Unsterile tattooing can transmit the bloodborne hepatitis C virus (HCV), and though it is unclear exactly what percent of people with the virus got it through tattooing, a study last year found that people with hep C were almost four times more likely to report having a tattoo, even when other major risk factors were taken into account. What do you need to know to avoid giving or getting hep C during tattooing? We researched six common questions on the topic and found what might be some surprising results.

Read more...
https://www.hepmag.com/article/tattoo-hcv-25887-248384741

Offline Lynn K

• Global Moderator
  • Get tested, get treated, get cured, fight Hep c!
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2017, 05:33:12 pm »
I had hep c for 37 years and have had cirrhosis for almost 10 years. I have no liver pain never had any.

The majority of people with hep c have no symptoms except maybe some tiredness. When people dohave notable symptoms it is after decades of infection and because of liver disease not specifically hep c.

This is why hep c is called a silent illness.

Hep c today is a very treatable illness with about  95% or better cure rate for most patients. So even if at some point in your life you should contract hep c, which is not very likely, you can be easily cured.

Your situation was not a risk as he did not reuse ink it was all fresh.

You may wish to speak with a counselor about your anxiety.

Best of luck to you.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2017, 05:35:31 pm by Lynn K »
Genotype 1a
1978 contracted, 1990 Dx
1995 Intron A failed
2001 Interferon Riba null response
2003 Pegintron Riba trial med null response
2008 F4 Cirrhosis Bx
2014 12 week Sov/Oly relapse
10/14 fibroscan 27 PLT 96
2014 24 weeks Harvoni 15 weeks Riba
5/4/15 EOT not detected, ALT 21, AST 20
4 week post not detected, ALT 26, AST 28
12 week post NOT DETECTED (07/27/15)
ALT 29, AST 27 PLT 92
24 week post NOT DETECTED! (10/19/15)
44 weeks (3/11/16)  fibroscan 33, PLT 111, HCV NOT DETECTED!
I AM FREE!

Offline Mugwump

• My number of posts means nothing, piscor ergo sum!
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2017, 11:09:52 pm »
He used new ink cups the disposable kind. I have gotten tattoos before and they do the same procedure. Once they're done with the tatto they throw the cups away.
If there is no reuse of inks and the needles and the holding devices are either changed or autoclaved correctly between customers then there is no risk involved in getting a tattoo. With a serious professional tattoo artist the use of fresh gloves, a working autoclave, correct work site and equipment cleaning procedures are what you should see. A shady fly by night tattoo parlor or a careless artist that hides their sanitation methods from the customers is exactly what you must avoid. Professionals in the industry cannot afford to scrimp on sanitation procedures or they will very soon find themselves out of business due to complaints and risk very expensive lawsuits.

The pain you describe is not at all an early symptom of HCV infection but is a symptom of strained breathing that is part and parcel of anxiety. One of the first things that runs amok with unchecked anxiety and stress is the digestive production of bile which can and does cause irritations of the type you describe. Prolonged fear and adrenaline response can do the very same thing. It is quite common for those with an anxiety attack brought on by worry and fear to have symptoms that can mimic bile duct problems and even progress to strained breathing causing symptoms akin to a heart attack including lower chest pains caused by strain on the breathing muscles.

For a while after I was diagnosed with HCV, I suffered from severe anxiety stress and thought I was having a heart attack or a gal bladder attack. Fortunately I have a very good doctor who took the time and was patient enough to explain exactly why I was experiencing these symptoms and that they were brought on by the fear created by the news of confirmed diagnosis of HCV.

HCV does not cause serious bile trouble until the liver is very damaged and the bile duct connection is compromised or the liver becomes inflamed to the extent that it puts pressure on the nerve filled membrane surrounding the organ. This is because the liver itself does not have pain causing nerves and does not create pain.

All the best
Eric
Caution shameless self promotion below :-)
https://www.hepmag.com/article/eric-reesor-27742-782589663
DING DONG MY DRAGON (HCV) IS FINALLY DEAD!

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.