Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:26:41 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 6307
  • Latest: golfer
Stats
  • Total Posts: 55125
  • Total Topics: 4851
  • Online Today: 125
  • Online Ever: 1314
  • (June 22, 2016, 05:23:42 am)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 90
Total: 90

Welcome

Welcome to the Hep Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people who have Fatty Liver Disease, Hepatitis B, C or a co-infection, their friends and family and others with questions about hepatitis and liver health. Check in frequently to read what others have to say, post your comments, and hopefully learn more about how you can reach your own health goals.

Privacy Warning: Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.
  • The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.
  • All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.
  • Product advertisement (including links); banners; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from the Hep Forum Moderators.
Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Deep kissing ?? Masturbation  (Read 12549 times)

Offline Me1234

Deep kissing ?? Masturbation
« on: November 14, 2017, 12:05:09 pm »
Hi,

I posted a few weeks ago because I was worried about sexual transmission of hcv.

I've since had worries about another exposure that happened after this one. I think that my mind may be really playing tricks on me here but could do with some reassurance. I do have OCD and am currently waiting for help with my anxiety!

The exposure mostly involved deep kissing... I have searched for how much of a risk this is but there is conflicting results. As far as I'm aware there was no blood from my mouth or his, but I did have a problem with my gums at some point but don't think there was any blood. Is this actually a risk?

Secondly... I did touch his penis and masturbated him. I washed my hands afterwards however was exposed to his semen (on my hands). I remember worrying about a cut around my nail at the time. It was a bit sore but not actively bleeding. I don't believe any semen came into contact with it, but say if it did, is this a risk for transmission??

I also can't remember if he touched me. I'm pretty sure he didn't and it's my mind playing tricks on me again. I'm pretty sure I didn't want him to so I stopped him. I'm pretty sure this isn't a risk if there was no actively bleeding cuts on his hands??

Given these exposures would I need to be tested for hep c?? Given the first exposure I was tested for hep c. This was just under 7 weeks after these events. I know that's not conclusive but was wondering if I need another test now.

I'm so worried :( I am so afraid of catching this disease.

Offline Lynn K

• Global Moderator
  • Get tested, get treated, get cured, fight Hep c!
Re: Deep kissing ?? Masturbation
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2017, 03:32:36 pm »
No risk
Genotype 1a
1978 contracted, 1990 Dx
1995 Intron A failed
2001 Interferon Riba null response
2003 Pegintron Riba trial med null response
2008 F4 Cirrhosis Bx
2014 12 week Sov/Oly relapse
10/14 fibroscan 27 PLT 96
2014 24 weeks Harvoni 15 weeks Riba
5/4/15 EOT not detected, ALT 21, AST 20
4 week post not detected, ALT 26, AST 28
12 week post NOT DETECTED (07/27/15)
ALT 29, AST 27 PLT 92
24 week post NOT DETECTED! (10/19/15)
44 weeks (3/11/16)  fibroscan 33, PLT 111, HCV NOT DETECTED!
I AM FREE!

Offline Me1234

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2017, 04:35:41 pm »
No risk

Thank you. Would the sore gums change that assessment or does it have to be actively open bleeding wounds??
How about lip nibbling? Or if the person had sore lips?? Again I don't think any blood but maybe some slightly sore skin/skin shedding off etc? I didn't taste any blood as I think I would have noticed. I don't even know if this person has hep c. I'm thinking how many husbands and wives must kiss constantly yet it's rare for it to be passed between them!

Thanks again for your help. The internet kind of makes out that it is possible to catch it from everywhere!

Offline Lynn K

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2017, 04:47:48 pm »
Actively bleeding wounds

Hep c infected blood must enter the blood stream of an uninfected person.

If there was no blood entering your body there was no risk period.
Genotype 1a
1978 contracted, 1990 Dx
1995 Intron A failed
2008 F4 Cirrhosis Bx
ALT 29, AST 27 PLT 92
I AM FREE!

Offline Lynn K

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2017, 04:51:09 pm »
Think I have shared this with you before please read again. If you search the Internet for information be aware all web sites are not created equal. Consider your sources.

https://www.cdc.gov/hepatitis/hcv/cfaq.htm#cFAQ37

What are ways Hepatitis C is not spread?

Hepatitis C virus is not spread by sharing eating utensils, breastfeeding, hugging, kissing, holding hands, coughing, or sneezing. It is also not spread through food or water.
Genotype 1a
1978 contracted, 1990 Dx
1995 Intron A failed
2008 F4 Cirrhosis Bx
ALT 29, AST 27 PLT 92
I AM FREE!

Offline Me1234

« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2017, 04:56:25 pm »
Think I have shared this with you before please read again. If you search the Internet for information be aware all web sites are not created equal. Consider your sources.

https://www.cdc.gov/hepatitis/hcv/cfaq.htm#cFAQ37

What are ways Hepatitis C is not spread?

Hepatitis C virus is not spread by sharing eating utensils, breastfeeding, hugging, kissing, holding hands, coughing, or sneezing. It is also not spread through food or water.

The internet is a nightmare! I did look at the cdc website but it wasn't very specific about the deep kissing part. I wasn't sure if it just meant a peck on the lips.

Thanks again :) hopefully I can move on from this now!

Offline Me1234

« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2017, 04:59:55 pm »
Actively bleeding wounds

Hep c infected blood must enter the blood stream of an uninfected person.

If there was no blood entering your body there was no risk period.

Same if it's my gums that are sore/my lips being nibbled??

Offline Lynn K

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2017, 08:05:00 pm »
Actively bleeding is wet open weeping. If you had wet actively bleeding cuts that would be a very, very small risk otherwise no

Did you break the skin nibbling would not break skin. Biting to the point of drawing blood.

Basically we are talking BSDM with bloodletting. Plus requiring the presence of hep c infected blood being pushed into the wound. 
Genotype 1a
1978 contracted, 1990 Dx
1995 Intron A failed
2008 F4 Cirrhosis Bx
ALT 29, AST 27 PLT 92
I AM FREE!

Offline Me1234

« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2017, 02:06:30 am »
Actively bleeding is wet open weeping. If you had wet actively bleeding cuts that would be a very, very small risk otherwise no

Did you break the skin nibbling would not break skin. Biting to the point of drawing blood.

Basically we are talking BSDM with bloodletting. Plus requiring the presence of hep c infected blood being pushed into the wound.

Thank you! That makes me feel a lot better. No need to pursue testing then I'm guessing?

Offline Lynn K

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2017, 03:41:23 am »
Nope unless you feel a personal need for your own peace of mind but not medically required. Of course I am not a medical professional of any kind for an answer to a medical question it is always best to speak with a medical professional about the necessity for testing.

For a truely informed answer you should ask your doctor as opposed to well intentioned but random people on the Internet.
Genotype 1a
1978 contracted, 1990 Dx
1995 Intron A failed
2008 F4 Cirrhosis Bx
ALT 29, AST 27 PLT 92
I AM FREE!

Offline Me1234

« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2017, 04:40:14 am »
Nope unless you feel a personal need for your own peace of mind but not medically required. Of course I am not a medical professional of any kind for an answer to a medical question it is always best to speak with a medical professional about the necessity for testing.

For a truely informed answer you should ask your doctor as opposed to well intentioned but random people on the Internet.

I'm pretty certain my doctor wouldn't recommend it as she didn't think it was necessary for the first exposure I had. But gave me one for my peace of mind! May mention it next time I go but will see how I feel once the anxiety subsides... I think it's more a case of needing the anxiety sorting out than constantly needing testing for hepatitis

Offline Lynn K

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2017, 05:11:44 am »
For the sake of argument say someday you should ever test positive for hep c somehow?

Then what? Why are you so afraid and anxiety ridden about contracting hep c?

With today’s new treatments hep C is curable for the vast majority of patients.  So if somehow you should ever possibly become infected with hepatitis C it’s simply a matter of taking one pill a day for possibly as few as eight weeks and you would be cured so what is it you’re so afraid of?

Hep c takes decades if ever for most patients to cause liver damage and most patients have few if any symptoms which is why it is called a silent illness. Most people don’t even know they have hep c unless tested specifically for it or if they donate blood.

Why are you so afraid of an extreamly slow acting viral infection that generally has few noticible symptoms and that today is basically curable?

Seriously the flu is a much easier to contract illness with decidedly worse symptoms.
Genotype 1a
1978 contracted, 1990 Dx
1995 Intron A failed
2008 F4 Cirrhosis Bx
ALT 29, AST 27 PLT 92
I AM FREE!

Offline Me1234

« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2017, 05:29:10 am »
For the sake of argument say someday you should ever test positive for hep c somehow?

Then what? Why are you so afraid and anxiety ridden about contracting hep c?

With today’s new treatments hep C is curable for the vast majority of patients.  So if somehow you should ever possibly become infected with hepatitis C it’s simply a matter of taking one pill a day for possibly as few as eight weeks and you would be cured so what is it you’re so afraid of?

Hep c takes decades if ever for most patients to cause liver damage and most patients have few if any symptoms which is why it is called a silent illness. Most people don’t even know they have hep c unless tested specifically for it or if they donate blood.

Why are you so afraid of an extreamly slow acting viral infection that generally has few noticible symptoms and that today is basically curable?

Seriously the flu is a much easier to contract illness with decidedly worse symptoms.

I have no idea. I ask myself that question all the time!

I think it's because I worry I won't catch it early enough if I don't get constantly tested for it? If that makes sense. Then one day I'll just randomly start getting ill. The internet is terrible for causing fear about hep c too. I think my first step is to stop googling about it and just go for credible sources!

Offline Lynn K

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2017, 05:49:29 am »
Most here had hep c for decades and most have little to no liver damage.

There are only just a few here like me after having hep c for probably 30 years I finally was diagnosed with liver cirrhosis. I still had to wait another 7 years before these new meds were developed so I could be cured.

So now after having hep c for 37 years and being cured about 2.5 years ago I now am living with liver cirrhosis for coming up on ten years.

Still fine, still living life, not worried about much at all except maybe death and taxes lol.

Try concerning yourself with things that are occurring in your life and world not the things that are not.

Yesterday is a memory tomorrow is entirely unknown we only have today, this one moment to live. You can’t live in yesterday or tomorrow you can only live in each and every second as they come.
Genotype 1a
1978 contracted, 1990 Dx
1995 Intron A failed
2008 F4 Cirrhosis Bx
ALT 29, AST 27 PLT 92
I AM FREE!

Offline Me1234

« Reply #14 on: November 15, 2017, 06:15:05 am »
Most here had hep c for decades and most have little to no liver damage.

There are only just a few here like me after having hep c for probably 30 years I finally was diagnosed with liver cirrhosis. I still had to wait another 7 years before these new meds were developed so I could be cured.

So now after having hep c for 37 years and being cured about 2.5 years ago I now am living with liver cirrhosis for coming up on ten years.

Still fine, still living life, not worried about much at all except maybe death and taxes lol.

Try concerning yourself with things that are occurring in your life and world not the things that are not.

Yesterday is a memory tomorrow is entirely unknown we only have today, this one moment to live. You can’t live in yesterday or tomorrow you can only live in each and every second as they come.

Wow. Thanks so much for sharing that. Glad to hear you're doing well and that you managed to get a cure after all that time!

You're right. Anything could happen which is much worse than a slow damaging disease.

I hope you continue to have good health

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.