Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:12:21 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 6307
  • Latest: golfer
Stats
  • Total Posts: 55125
  • Total Topics: 4851
  • Online Today: 100
  • Online Ever: 1314
  • (June 22, 2016, 05:23:42 am)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 57
Total: 57

Welcome

Welcome to the Hep Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people who have Fatty Liver Disease, Hepatitis B, C or a co-infection, their friends and family and others with questions about hepatitis and liver health. Check in frequently to read what others have to say, post your comments, and hopefully learn more about how you can reach your own health goals.

Privacy Warning: Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.
  • The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.
  • All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.
  • Product advertisement (including links); banners; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from the Hep Forum Moderators.
Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: On Vosevi.  (Read 11579 times)

Offline Susan400

On Vosevi.
« on: November 30, 2017, 06:04:21 am »
I am new to this topic and don't know how to post on the board for specifically for Vosevi.  Anyhow, I started Vosevi last Mon.(day after Thanksgiving 11/27/17).  Today is day 4.  So far, only side effect for me has been more fatigue and some 'weakness'.  I base that on when I went to gym, the weights on the Nautilus machines that I was lifting fine a week ago.., now seem to be 20 lbs heavier and more difficult to lift.  The only thing I can relate it to it treatment. This TX has no Ribavirin or Interferon in it.  3 drugs in 1 pill, once a day for 12 weeks.

Offline KimInTheForest

• Believe in yourself
Re: On Vosevi.
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2017, 01:32:54 pm »
Welcome to the forums, Susan! And congrats on starting treatment. Staying well hydrated seems to be the key to stemming many side effects.

Good luck!
kim :)
Kim Goldberg (Nanaimo, BC)
1970s: Contracted HCV (genotype 3a)
2015: Cured with Harvoni + ribavirin (12 weeks)
MY STORY: https://pigsquash.wordpress.com/2016/01/28/undetectable-my-hep-c-story/

Offline Susan400

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2017, 06:46:59 pm »
Thanks, Kim

Offline Lynn K

• Global Moderator
  • Get tested, get treated, get cured, fight Hep c!
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2017, 07:59:15 pm »
Hi Susan and welcome

You did just fine by creating your own topic. Good luck on treatment. Hopefully some others also treating with Vosevi will chime in soon.

Lynn
Genotype 1a
1978 contracted, 1990 Dx
1995 Intron A failed
2001 Interferon Riba null response
2003 Pegintron Riba trial med null response
2008 F4 Cirrhosis Bx
2014 12 week Sov/Oly relapse
10/14 fibroscan 27 PLT 96
2014 24 weeks Harvoni 15 weeks Riba
5/4/15 EOT not detected, ALT 21, AST 20
4 week post not detected, ALT 26, AST 28
12 week post NOT DETECTED (07/27/15)
ALT 29, AST 27 PLT 92
24 week post NOT DETECTED! (10/19/15)
44 weeks (3/11/16)  fibroscan 33, PLT 111, HCV NOT DETECTED!
I AM FREE!

Offline Susan400

« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2017, 05:53:52 am »
Thanks, Again, Lynn

Offline Susan400

« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2017, 11:31:23 am »
On Vosevi 12 days in and 72 days to go.   So far, the side effects have been pretty mild.  A lot more fatigue.  Headache feeling in the morning.  Slight nausea.  I take it with food at 8 am.  Not really had any problem with any more insomnia than I had already had prior to starting Vosevi.  I was already on Ambien 10mg and I still am.  The good news it that on my week 1 labs, my LFT's were already back in to normal range.  Won't have any viral load stats until after week 4 blood draw. I am pretty sure I will be undetected.  My biggest thing is, can I stay undetected?  I will feel more relief when I get through this and have an undetected at 12 weeks post treatment.   My doctor's office Med Assist., told me that the reports had been showing that a lot of people's thyroids will act up on the DAA's.  Mine did last time when I did the Sovaldi + SOC.  It was fine all through treatment and then, post TX by 3 mon., my thyroid was crazy.  This was 3 yrs ago.  It went HYPOthyroid for about 5 mon. My Dr.'s had put me on Synthroid initially, but it was making me feel horrible.  I convinced them to let me gradually wean off of it. Then, my thyroid was fine, back into normal range. For about 3 mon., then, it went completely the other direction and I was HYPERthyroid.  I told the endocrinologist that I would not treat it.  I told him that I wanted to just monitor everything and to give my body a chance to recover off of Treatment.  Finally, everything once again regulated in my thyroid and it never went crazy again.  So, now, 3 yrs later, I'm on Vosevi.  My Dr.s will do the TSH on week 4.  If this goes like last time, it will be fine during TX for the HEP.  I told my Dr.s med assistant that if it does flip out again that I don't want to do anything about it.  I think that our immune systems get attacked by the HCV for years and then get revved up trying to fight it.  Then, we introduce treatment drugs and the thyroid gets a vacation from trying to work so hard.  Then, the treatment stops.  If we are blessed w/SVR.., the thyroid will probably be settled back down in 6 mon.  If we relapse, it may be a bit longer.  That's just my opinion, mind you.  I realize thyroid disease happens all the time to people w/o HCV.  I just never have had any issues with my thyroid except with this last TX (post TX).  And I haven't had since then.  I also know that taking any steroids will also have an affect on thyroid.    I know I have gone off topic here.  Susan400

Offline Lynn K

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2017, 02:57:04 pm »
How all goes well for the rest of your treatment and that you don’t experience any thyroid issues this time. Of course also wishing you SVR when done :)

Heck as often as threads get hijacked I am sure you can hijack your own. It’s your thread do with it what you want lol
Genotype 1a
1978 contracted, 1990 Dx
1995 Intron A failed
2008 F4 Cirrhosis Bx
ALT 29, AST 27 PLT 92
I AM FREE!

Offline andrew j

« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2017, 06:04:02 pm »
Hi Susan,

Re your thyroid:

You seem to have a reasonably clear picture of yourself in reln. to things-medical!

I entirely agree with your approach ... keeping it simple, monitoring yourself -  and letting your body come back into normal functioning if your thyroid happens to go out of whack.

I've been watching mine for a long time - esp. since I was discontinued from interferon Tx, back in 1998.
I was seriously unwell - I can tell you.
It must have taken a good ten years to even start feeling better, and even now things are still a bit sluggish.

... Still - a recent blood test indicates that everything's OK.

I've been taking [tiny amounts of] an 'alternative' thyroid support product for years.
... Don't know if it does anything really - but - you know - I feel OK.
I still seem to feel tired all the time - but then - I had Hep C for a long time - and some other pretty serious medical stuff happened as well.

Best of luck with your Tx!

A.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2017, 11:36:36 pm by andrew j »

Offline HHburme

• Harvoni start 12/13/14 12wks UD/24wk DET
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2018, 02:36:19 pm »
Susan, this is the drug that finally cured me. I started a clinical trial in February 2016 after relapsing after treating with Harvoni. I’ve been SVR August 2016. I had very few SE, mostly aching joints(mostly knees), and felt fine during tx.
You will be cured !!! So happy to hear !
Fight the Good Fight !

John
infected age 19, blood transfusion 1977, detected 2003  GT 1a, Harvoni relapse 06/15, Clinical Trial Study for SOF/VEL GS-9857 start 02/16. SVR12 Cured 08/16

Offline Sherry12

« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2018, 08:10:52 pm »
Today is day 9 for me on vosevi..its been kicking my butt..dont know if it's normal...I know the headache nausea Ang fatigue  are..but I also get dizzy..blurry eyed..feeling really bad at times..like I'm dying or something..i even get ringing in my ears...and sometimes agitated feeling..scares me at times..has anyone eles felt these..are they normal..it make me where I don't even want to take the next pill..i usually feel the worse for the first 2 hrs..till the main effects die down some..but still don't like that at all...like I said my 9 th day today..lpng way to go..I hopeing the effects stop after awhile and not get worse...can anyone help me with some of these questions please......thank you

Offline Sherry12

« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2018, 08:22:00 pm »
Today is day 9 for me on vosevi..its been kicking my butt..dont know if it's normal...I know the headache nausea And fatigue  are..but I also get dizzy..blurry eyed..feeling really bad at times..like I'm dying or something..i even get ringing in my ears...and sometimes agitated feeling..scares me at times..has anyone eles felt these..are they normal..it make me where I don't even want to take the next pill..i usually feel the worse for the first 2 hrs..till the main effects die down some..but still don't like that at all...like I said my 9 th day today..long way to go..I hopeing the effects stop after awhile and not get worse...can anyone help me with some of these questions please......thank you
« Last Edit: January 12, 2018, 08:25:13 pm by Sherry12 »

Offline Sherry12

« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2018, 08:26:58 pm »
Sorry..didnt mean to send it twice..its my first time..dont know how to delete one

Offline Lynn K

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2018, 08:30:25 pm »
If you notice the Welcome notice at the top of the page further down

“Privacy Warning: Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.”

That would be why you can’t delete your post
Genotype 1a
1978 contracted, 1990 Dx
1995 Intron A failed
2008 F4 Cirrhosis Bx
ALT 29, AST 27 PLT 92
I AM FREE!

Offline andrew j

« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2018, 04:33:36 pm »
Hi Sherry,

As you already seem to know - most people experience only mild side-effects.
These can include (but are not limited to) a few body aches and pains, the odd transient headache, a bit of passing nausea, and a strange energisation that many actually enjoy - esp. those who have suffered for years with debilitating fatigue.
... Some tinnitus, and shortness of breath?
I had those, too.

At the other end of the spectrum, there are a few who, unfortunately, suffer from extreme adverse reactions.

Your side-effects may be a little more troublesome than they are for most, but don't appear to represent a critical medical situation - at least to me.

Are you eating reasonably, and drinking plenty of water?
These, and a bit of gentle exercise, seem to help with the sorts of side-effects you are describing.

Try to relax!
It should get easier.

(... If you are concerned - of course - talk to your Dr.
Only you know how you feel) ...

Keep in touch - and best of luck with the rest of treatment!

A.

P.S. There is normally an edit function available that allows you to minimise down and / or change a duplicate post.

« Last Edit: January 13, 2018, 09:09:18 pm by andrew j »

Offline gnatcatcher

« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2018, 08:37:05 pm »
Hi, Sherry,

I took a different medicine, and Vosevi is quite new, so I'll echo Andrew's suggestion to run your symptoms by your doctor. If your doctor is the not-very-accessible type, you can ask a pharmacist at the place that filled your prescription. My "Harvoni High" (as we nicknamed it) could, I suppose, be mistaken for agitation by someone who wasn't expecting to feel a buzzy kind of extra energy. Chances are, the expert will be able to reassure you that the sensations, while unexpected, aren't dangerous. Keep in mind that these powerful new medicines kill off the majority of the hep C during the first few weeks, so side effects may calm down. Harvoni did require staying very well hydrated (Vosevi is probably similar), so I hope you're drinking enough fluids to keep your urine clear or pale yellow.

Yes, you can edit down the duplicate post, but only within about the first 48 hours of posting it -- after that, the Modify option disappears.

Best,

Gnatty
9/29/71 transfusions
HCV genotype 1a
7/09/15-9/30/15 Harvoni

Before treatment:
Viral Load 9,490,582
FibroScan 19.5 kPa [F4]
ALT 262
AST 217
ALP 183

Most recent:
VL still UNDETECTED (SVR 102)
FibroScan 7.6 kPa [F1-2]
ALT 15
AST 20
ALP 85

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.