Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 04:56:59 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 6307
  • Latest: golfer
Stats
  • Total Posts: 55125
  • Total Topics: 4851
  • Online Today: 141
  • Online Ever: 1314
  • (June 22, 2016, 05:23:42 am)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 116
Total: 116

Welcome

Welcome to the Hep Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people who have Fatty Liver Disease, Hepatitis B, C or a co-infection, their friends and family and others with questions about hepatitis and liver health. Check in frequently to read what others have to say, post your comments, and hopefully learn more about how you can reach your own health goals.

Privacy Warning: Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.
  • The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.
  • All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.
  • Product advertisement (including links); banners; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from the Hep Forum Moderators.
Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Day 1 post Harvoni  (Read 7322 times)

Offline Jodaha

Day 1 post Harvoni
« on: January 19, 2018, 02:44:53 pm »
Hi all, I finished my Harvoni treatment yesterday ( 56 days ) and had virtually no side effects other than a few rough days around what was described “ the mass kill off “ at day 10-12. Just wondering if I will experience any post Harvoni side effects while my body tries to get back to normal. I’m 46 and late stage F2 if that helps. Now it’s dingers crossed time while I wait 3 months. Thanks

Offline gnatcatcher

Re: Day 1 post Harvoni
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2018, 03:20:26 pm »
Jodaha, congratulations on finishing treatment! Given that you were pretty much free of side effects except during "the mass kill off," your immune system has probably already done whatever adjusting it needed to do, so I'd be surprised if you experience any side effects now. If, however, you got the "Harvoni high" of extra energy, that may disappear, putting you back at, or not much above, your pre-treatment energy level.

Your liver will get healthier and your F2 may get lower over time. (My F4 before treatment became F3, then borderline F2-F3, with a final FibroScan next month to see if I'm just F2 by now.) The 46, however, will still go up at your next birthday ;)

Have a terrific new life!

Gnatty
9/29/71 transfusions
HCV genotype 1a
7/09/15-9/30/15 Harvoni

Before treatment:
Viral Load 9,490,582
FibroScan 19.5 kPa [F4]
ALT 262
AST 217
ALP 183

Most recent:
VL still UNDETECTED (SVR 102)
FibroScan 7.6 kPa [F1-2]
ALT 15
AST 20
ALP 85

Offline Mugwump

• My number of posts means nothing, piscor ergo sum!
Re: Day 1 post Harvoni
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2018, 10:51:32 pm »
Oh man the waiting for the final confirmation is hard! But considering you had little issues what you should experience is a slow improvement in quite a few functions that you may not even notice. For one your healed liver will help you recover from strenuous exercise more quickly because the essential functions that it performs in converting food to energy will improve. It took me almost a year to get back to work at very physical jobs but before treatment heavy physical work for periods of time greater than a short time had become out of the question.

For me the change was slow but drastic, I was starting to use a cane again before treatment and was getting quite weak. Clearing HCV and allowing my liver to function better and rebuild some of what is left there to rebuild has been very much a new chance at life for me.

I am happy for you that you were treated well before the disease did even more damage than it did to you.

For some of us the cure has indeed been a chance at a much better quality of life.

Treat your new self to a new mindset about your health and do things that you avoided because you had HCV. For me telling others that I was cured and doing things that I had not been capable of doing well in years was the most important post treatment follow up to being cured.

Looking forward to hearing the news of your freedom test in 12 weeks. The time will pass quickly if you occupy it with doing new things that you have either put off because of treatment or things that you have always considered doing.

No matter how small and inconsequential they may seem doing new things does help in the necessary mindset change post treatment and cure. HCV can also become a disease of the spirit and can easily become debilitating in ways that many of it's victims cannot see while they are infected.

Cheers
Eric
Caution shameless self promotion below :-)
https://www.hepmag.com/article/eric-reesor-27742-782589663
DING DONG MY DRAGON (HCV) IS FINALLY DEAD!

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.