Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 03:46:47 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 6307
  • Latest: golfer
Stats
  • Total Posts: 55125
  • Total Topics: 4851
  • Online Today: 141
  • Online Ever: 1314
  • (June 22, 2016, 05:23:42 am)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 122
Total: 122

Welcome

Welcome to the Hep Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people who have Fatty Liver Disease, Hepatitis B, C or a co-infection, their friends and family and others with questions about hepatitis and liver health. Check in frequently to read what others have to say, post your comments, and hopefully learn more about how you can reach your own health goals.

Privacy Warning: Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.
  • The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.
  • All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.
  • Product advertisement (including links); banners; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from the Hep Forum Moderators.
Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Small liver lesions  (Read 6450 times)

Offline worried55

Small liver lesions
« on: February 21, 2018, 05:27:11 pm »
Hey there so I posted a bit ago that I was svr 24 and it’s since been a year and I’ve had some liver pain and got an ultrasound.  It showed two small lesions.   I only had hep c 3a for a very short time about 7 years max! My questions is has anyone had benign liver lesions and had hep c.  I did have a fibroscan about two years ago and it was great.  My first ultrasound when I was diagnosed three years ago was clean. 
3a
Diagnosed summer 2014
Infected somewhere between 2009 and 2014. 
Source unknown possibly tattoos or dentist
Started treatment April 2016 Sovaldi and dacklinza
Viral load to start 28,000
4 wk labs... Undetected!!!!!!!
8 wk labs.....Undetected!!!!!
12 wk labs.....(really 14 weeks. Taken 2 weeks post treatment)  Undetected!!!!!
24 wk labs.   Undetected!  Cured!

Offline Lynn K

• Global Moderator
  • Get tested, get treated, get cured, fight Hep c!
Re: Small liver lesions
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2018, 07:07:31 pm »
From web md

https://www.webmd.com/hepatitis/liver-lesions

“What Are Liver Lesions?

Liver lesions are groups of abnormal cells in your liver. Your doctor may call them a mass or a tumor.

Noncancerous, or benign, liver lesions are common. They don’t spread to other areas of your body and don’t usually cause any health issues. But some liver lesions form as a result of cancer.“

So apparently they are fairly common and most often benign

What has your doctor said?
Genotype 1a
1978 contracted, 1990 Dx
1995 Intron A failed
2001 Interferon Riba null response
2003 Pegintron Riba trial med null response
2008 F4 Cirrhosis Bx
2014 12 week Sov/Oly relapse
10/14 fibroscan 27 PLT 96
2014 24 weeks Harvoni 15 weeks Riba
5/4/15 EOT not detected, ALT 21, AST 20
4 week post not detected, ALT 26, AST 28
12 week post NOT DETECTED (07/27/15)
ALT 29, AST 27 PLT 92
24 week post NOT DETECTED! (10/19/15)
44 weeks (3/11/16)  fibroscan 33, PLT 111, HCV NOT DETECTED!
I AM FREE!

Offline worried55

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2018, 07:42:32 pm »
The nurse just gave me the results.  They are going to follow up with an mri.  However I was treated for my hep c extremely fast and only had it at the most for 7 years.  I also had a very low viral count of 35000.   I had an ultrasound when diagnosed three years ago and it was clean.   I’ve had a fibroscan that was 0-1 and was treated and cured about a year and a half ago.  The reason for the ultrasound was I was getting some pain in my liver.    I can’t imagine it’s cancer from hep c but I’m obviously concerned.  Thank you for always responding. 
3a
Diagnosed summer 2014
Infected somewhere between 2009 and 2014. 
Source unknown possibly tattoos or dentist
Started treatment April 2016 Sovaldi and dacklinza
Viral load to start 28,000
4 wk labs... Undetected!!!!!!!
8 wk labs.....Undetected!!!!!
12 wk labs.....(really 14 weeks. Taken 2 weeks post treatment)  Undetected!!!!!
24 wk labs.   Undetected!  Cured!

Offline Lynn K

• Global Moderator
  • Get tested, get treated, get cured, fight Hep c!
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2018, 09:31:57 pm »
To be honest the liver itself does not have any pain receptor nerves however the capsule that surrounds the liver does. If the liver is swollen this can cause a sensation of liver pain because the capsule is being pressed on by the enlarged liver. There are other causes of lower right quadrant pain I found this on the NIH web site:

“Right lower quadrant abdominal pain is one of the most common causes of a patient visit to the emergency department. Although appendicitis is the most common condition requiring surgery in patients with abdominal pain, right lower quadrant pain can be indicative of a vast list of differential diagnoses and is thus a challenge for clinicians. Other causes of right lower quadrant pain beyond appendicitis include inflammatory and infectious conditions involving the ileocecal region; diverticulitis; malignancies; conditions affecting the epiploic appendages, omentum, and mesentery; and miscellaneous conditions. Multidetector computed tomography (CT) has emerged as the modality of choice for evaluation of patients with several acute traumatic and nontraumatic conditions causing right lower quadrant pain. Multidetector CT is an extremely useful noninvasive method for diagnosis and management of not only the most common causes such as appendicitis but also less common conditions.”

But whatever has caused your LRQ pain at least you found the small liver lesions. As I said they are not uncommon and often benign but good that they were found so your doctor can determine what they are so if it is something it is much better they are found sooner than later.

Please let us know what you find out
Genotype 1a
1978 contracted, 1990 Dx
1995 Intron A failed
2001 Interferon Riba null response
2003 Pegintron Riba trial med null response
2008 F4 Cirrhosis Bx
2014 12 week Sov/Oly relapse
10/14 fibroscan 27 PLT 96
2014 24 weeks Harvoni 15 weeks Riba
5/4/15 EOT not detected, ALT 21, AST 20
4 week post not detected, ALT 26, AST 28
12 week post NOT DETECTED (07/27/15)
ALT 29, AST 27 PLT 92
24 week post NOT DETECTED! (10/19/15)
44 weeks (3/11/16)  fibroscan 33, PLT 111, HCV NOT DETECTED!
I AM FREE!

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.