Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:30:49 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 6307
  • Latest: golfer
Stats
  • Total Posts: 55125
  • Total Topics: 4851
  • Online Today: 125
  • Online Ever: 1314
  • (June 22, 2016, 05:23:42 am)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 76
Total: 76

Welcome

Welcome to the Hep Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people who have Fatty Liver Disease, Hepatitis B, C or a co-infection, their friends and family and others with questions about hepatitis and liver health. Check in frequently to read what others have to say, post your comments, and hopefully learn more about how you can reach your own health goals.

Privacy Warning: Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.
  • The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.
  • All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.
  • Product advertisement (including links); banners; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from the Hep Forum Moderators.
Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Harvoni - 6 weeks completed  (Read 10604 times)

Offline Vasi

Harvoni - 6 weeks completed
« on: April 01, 2018, 04:13:33 am »
I just completed 6 weeks of 12 weeks. Emotional difficulties. Ups and downs. Extreme. Have lots of pain, too, from time to time. Hip, cramps in hands, legs, back. Tiredness, too, sometimes on the verge of total exhaustion. I can deal with all those. When it gets too bad, I take an Aleve or Advil and I'm able to deal for the next several days. But nothing much that helps with the depression/anxiety. Started taking L-trypophan last week. Not sure that is helping either. Trouble is that is usually always a real reason to be upset. Is sometimes like being on that DIsney Tower of Terror ride.

I don't really know who I am anymore. I look at pictures of myself and recognize they are pictures of me, but can't identify other than that. Last night, I took a bunch of valium hoping NOT to wake today. But I did....

Anyway...just feeling hopeless in general. Is there anyone else experiencing these extreme bouts of emotion? My doc says it is the meds. I'm having good results. Started out at 9 mil VL, down to 5 Mil before starting meds. My last count was 296.

I don't know where or how I contracted Hep C to start with....So don't know how many years my head may have been screwed up, as I have also seen that the disease itself causes emotional highs and lows. I can recall a time when I did know who I was......

Anyway, thankful I do not suffer from insomnia, only 2 headaches so far.

Offline Salal

Re: Harvoni - 6 weeks completed
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2018, 02:39:52 pm »
If this is your reaction to the medication, maybe you should talk to your doctor.  It sounds extreme to me.  I am the same age as you, and on Zepatier, but though I have felt "not myself" and an increasing level of fatigue, that is about it.  I've never thought of killing myself, ever.

Thankfully, I am in my last week of a 12-week course of treatment, and really looking forward to being off the stuff.

Offline Type0Negative

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2018, 08:21:29 pm »
You are very brave that you take these extra medications. I am currently on Mavyret and got cold, and I took 1/2 tablet of Tylenol because I am too scare of it. In my 20s I was not afraid. I learned that Valium can cause seizures in a person that never had seizures. My very close friend took valium recreationally (more than recommended dose) and did not wake up.

I noted certain emotional instability while on Mavyret- mostly anxiety- because I dont know what to expect from this medication. 

Do you see a psychiatrist? If you dont have mental health professional helping you, call around and make appointment. It may take a while to get appointment, so it is better to schedule one way in advance, and know that it is available if you need it. I read that some people have increased suicidal thoughts when they starting antidepressants.  Be careful. Take your medications as prescribed. And, please, dont make any decisions regarding value and quality of your life while you on treatment. When the treatment is over, give it couple of weeks to stabilize and then evaluate where you are and address your problems.   
« Last Edit: April 04, 2018, 08:51:10 pm by Type0Negative »

Offline colaa4

« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2018, 01:35:54 pm »
its 3 months later i know--how are you doing now? :)

Offline Vasi

« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2018, 02:39:39 pm »
My last dose of Harvoni was May 13. Had blood test on May 17, results indicated <12, but disease was not “undetected,” which it needs to be. Saw doc on June 13. He wanted to immediately start me on Vosevi. I said No! I wanted more time to see if cumulative effect of Harvoni might give me that “undetected” reading. Did some plea bargaining and finally settled on next blood test for July 17 with folliwup Doc appt to be July 25th.

Not sure if side effects are wearing off or not. Would like to think they are, but since I am a high school English teacher with 10 weeks off for the summer, i am not working outside my home. Emotionally? Some days are good, some aren’t, but still always have reasons. My husband was injured on job almost 4 years ago. He has been prescribed addicting meds....went thru detox/rehab last November — which is how we found out about my having HC. Came out in mid December drug free, but had reinjured during rehab playing table tennis, (annulat tear) and even though protests were made in writing and verbally, doctors put him on percocet again &  even increased dosage. He is once again addicted, and now his kidneys, liver, other digestive system and God knows what else is being adversely affected. So I have plenty of reasons for depression, emotional ups and downs.

Offline colaa4

« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2018, 01:12:25 pm »
thanks for update. hope its not severe depression? and take care :)

Offline Vasi

« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2018, 03:24:57 pm »
It has been....lesser now, I think.

Offline colaa4

« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2018, 09:17:37 am »
depression sucks! let alone severe depression. can you try taking anything to help? even something natural? vitamin D! can make a huge difference actually for some people. please see someone or try vitamins or something? :-[

Offline Vasi

« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2018, 11:31:49 am »
Oh yes! Very much into vitamins and supplements. Still even taking blueberry extract and milk thistle. Picked up L-Tryosine....too to help with stress.

Offline Vasi

« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2018, 07:10:08 am »
CURED!!! ;D
Just received the good word yesterday!! Sooo very Thankful!!! Am glad I held off and refused to take additional meds (Vosevi) that the doc wanted to put me on last month. The 12 weeks of Harvoni did the trick. Still have to have final blood test in December. Doc said just to call him with the results....he is that sure I will still be UNDETECTED!  :D

Am still having emotional swings, bruising and painful joints....not sure about the fatigue. Will know when school gets started and I return to work.

Also, figured out WHERE & WHEN this nasty virus came into my system. Way back in August 1982, I worked for a month in a Hospital Lab department. They were trying to train me to be a phlebotomist. Back then, there were no gloves to use or masks...and I was trained on real people. Most often, I stuck myself and the patient because they were squirming and screaming.... They would see us coming and start yelling they were calling their attorneys. Anyway, such a relief to finally have figured it out.

Offline Lynn K

• Global Moderator
  • Get tested, get treated, get cured, fight Hep c!
« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2018, 02:18:49 am »
Hi congrats on your cure that is great news!

We had a couple of people here who were weakly detected at EOT but went on to be cured when retested at 12 weeks post. Surprised your doctor wanted to start you on a new treatment before waiting for the definitive 12 week post treatment test. Glad it worked out for you.

Anyway congrats again on your cure!
« Last Edit: July 27, 2018, 02:23:18 am by Lynn K »
Genotype 1a
1978 contracted, 1990 Dx
1995 Intron A failed
2001 Interferon Riba null response
2003 Pegintron Riba trial med null response
2008 F4 Cirrhosis Bx
2014 12 week Sov/Oly relapse
10/14 fibroscan 27 PLT 96
2014 24 weeks Harvoni 15 weeks Riba
5/4/15 EOT not detected, ALT 21, AST 20
4 week post not detected, ALT 26, AST 28
12 week post NOT DETECTED (07/27/15)
ALT 29, AST 27 PLT 92
24 week post NOT DETECTED! (10/19/15)
44 weeks (3/11/16)  fibroscan 33, PLT 111, HCV NOT DETECTED!
I AM FREE!

Offline dragonslayer

« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2018, 08:56:43 am »
Let's hear it for yet another weakly detected at end of treatment who goes on to clear with the next blood work.. Thank goodness this is NOT an unusual phenomenon!!
Paul

DX 2008
Started Harvoni 11/26/14 for 8 wks
Completed 8 wks Harvoni 01/20/15
EOT RNA Quant result:  Detected 29
7.5 wk post tx: Detected < LLOQ(12)
11 wk post tx: UNDETECTED SVR12
24 wk post tx: UNDETECTED SVR24; AST 26; ALT 22; ALP 73
48 wk post tx: UNDETECTED SVR48; AST 18; ALT 18; ALP 70
GT 1a
vl 2.4mil
2008 bpx: Stage&Grade 0
2013 bpx: Stage&Grade: 0-1
IL28B: TT
likely infected early '70s

Offline Lukey

• Let Thy Food Be Thy Medicine
« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2018, 10:15:05 pm »
Congrats to you!!! Happy teaching.
Male -  HCV since 1982 - Born 1951 ~ Geno 1a

Did 8 weeks of Harvoni in 2015. Got normal AST & ALT and undetected VL by week 5, then relapsed 4 weeks post.
-----------------------------------------------------------
July 5, 2018 : began 12 weeks of Vosevi with a VL of 540,000 and AST & ALT of 65 and 105.
2 weeks in : AST 19, ALT 20
5 weeks in : AST 18, ALT 12, VL "<15 detected"
10 weeks in : AST 19, ALT 14, VL "<15 not detected"
4 weeks post : "<15 not detected"

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.