Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 12:31:10 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 6307
  • Latest: golfer
Stats
  • Total Posts: 55125
  • Total Topics: 4851
  • Online Today: 108
  • Online Ever: 1314
  • (June 22, 2016, 05:23:42 am)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 103
Total: 103

Welcome

Welcome to the Hep Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people who have Fatty Liver Disease, Hepatitis B, C or a co-infection, their friends and family and others with questions about hepatitis and liver health. Check in frequently to read what others have to say, post your comments, and hopefully learn more about how you can reach your own health goals.

Privacy Warning: Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.
  • The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.
  • All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.
  • Product advertisement (including links); banners; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from the Hep Forum Moderators.
Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Very Scared Risk of Infection  (Read 5336 times)

Offline Kevincleaver99

Very Scared Risk of Infection
« on: May 29, 2018, 01:37:28 am »
 went to a upper class brothel where the ladies are regularly tested for HIV.
During the encounter as I was drinking the girl asked if I wanted to have a dildo shoved up my ***. I said yes and she put a condim on the dildo and put it up my ***. I didn’t like it and told her to stop. I’m no worried about previous times she may have done this. What if there was HIV or hepatitis infected blood from a previous client. She didn’t wash the dildo but put a condom on it. What is my risk here. I’m very scared blood could have been present and infected me. Should I get tested.

I went to get a regular blood test and it said I had elevated liver enzymes. I did a liver X-ray and that came back normal. This could be due to the bipolar medication that I regularly take though. My foot is also swollen. What are my risks.

Could I Be infected

Offline Lynn K

• Global Moderator
  • Get tested, get treated, get cured, fight Hep c!
Re: Very Scared Risk of Infection
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2018, 03:32:03 am »
I am assuming she would change condoms between customers that would be the purpose of using a condom.

If the condom was new you have zero risking of contracting the Hepatitis C virus. If the condom was reused and if the previous customer was one of the about one percent of the population that has hep c and you had broken skin allowing the passage of theveruvsmall chance of Hepatitis c blood being present to enter your blood stream through an open fresh wound you could in a theroetical sense have a small risk of contracting Hepatitis c. If concerned about this small theoretical risk wait 12 weeks then have a Hepatitis c antibody test. This is the only way to be absolutely sure you do not have hep c. No amount of guessing or conjecture will be able to answer the question.
That being said I doubt in my non-medical lay persons opinion that you had a significant risk. For a more informed answer speak with a medical professional like your own doctor for their recommendations.

“What are my risks?”
A very small number greater than zero.

“Could I Be infected?”
Maybe. The only way to be sure is to be tested in 12 weeks.

This community is related to Hepatitis and liver disease so I know nothing about the finer points of HIV transmission but as a guess I would say more or less the same would apply. New condoms zero risk.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2018, 03:44:47 am by Lynn K »
Genotype 1a
1978 contracted, 1990 Dx
1995 Intron A failed
2001 Interferon Riba null response
2003 Pegintron Riba trial med null response
2008 F4 Cirrhosis Bx
2014 12 week Sov/Oly relapse
10/14 fibroscan 27 PLT 96
2014 24 weeks Harvoni 15 weeks Riba
5/4/15 EOT not detected, ALT 21, AST 20
4 week post not detected, ALT 26, AST 28
12 week post NOT DETECTED (07/27/15)
ALT 29, AST 27 PLT 92
24 week post NOT DETECTED! (10/19/15)
44 weeks (3/11/16)  fibroscan 33, PLT 111, HCV NOT DETECTED!
I AM FREE!

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.