Hepatitis C Main Forums > On Hepatitis C Treatment

Do DENTAL Work BEFORE Harvoni & Dental Issues Side Effect

<< < (2/2)

Lynn K:
Sadly I am not familiar with the workings on this site and don’t know really how to manipulate posts in the way you have suggested or even if we could.

I hope you are feeling better with your dental problems and good luck with treatment

FinleyMorse:
I have hepatitis C, and I prefer not to talk about it. But recently, I had to deal with a dentist's rudeness toward me. He refused to look at my teeth and told me to go to another dentist. When I left the office, I wanted to cry and felt like a jerk. I want to sue him, but I don't want the case to become public. Now I fear dentists, and at the same time, I want to fix the problem of crooked teeth. My brother advised me to go to this doctor: <LINK DELETED>. But no matter how good he is, I still can't trust any doctor.

Lynn K:
Not sure if you have a question there but i guess I have a couple. Did the Dentist know about your hep C status? If that was the reason he denied services that would be a violation of the ADA Americans with Disabilities Act. This would be a reason for that dentist to lose his license to practice.

Another question are you familiar with the new generation DAA medicines approved since 2014? The relatively new medicines like Epclusa are much better tolerated and highly effective boasting cure rates above 98% and much better tolerated by most patients then the old Interferon based treatments. So I’m kinda wondering why you haven’t treated yet to cure your hepatitis c before it caused continuing damage to your liver.

Sorry this has happened to you and best of luck.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version